Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1224196 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
pls i need help and its urgent, i want to reapply for my study visa and am a bit confused and need answers to thge followin
1) on the ircc forms there is a space for UCI , SHOULD I Put the refused uci number or i should leave it blank
2) i want to alter my resume , will visa officer check my previous resume?
3)the resume should it be in Canadian format?
4) i did npower job but i dint state it in my previous application, can i mention it now or i should ignore.
that will be all for now,thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by steveaustin3(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hello people, Is anyone coming to Canada between now and weekend, please let me know, I need your help with something, just email me let’s discuss, it’s important please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Doyenrey: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bernice123456:

Is this person a Nigerian?
Did the person submit in Nigeria?
Please show us documents you used.
I'm so interested in this.

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you! They are Nigerian, but they are currently in Canada as a visitor. They submitted to Nigeria though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Please senior OLAMINREWA, I have a quick question to ask you about Conestoga, after you paid tuition deposit fee of $1,500 CAD, do you pay another part of your tuition fee before you apply for a visa?

Tuition deposit fee of 1,500 you first paid when you gotten your LOA, pls when will you pay for another tuition fees ? Is it until you resume your program in Canada that you will pay the balance of your 1 semester? OR

Can you please tell me CONESTOGA tuition fees plan after deposit fee of $1,500 ?

After paying the $1500 cad.... I applied for the visa. I have till June to pay first semester balance

Pay the $1500 cad and submit your visa application.

GoodLuck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ebonyad:

Please how did you solve the issue of neco scratch card?

Do you mean how to get the card? Just type on Google BUY NECO SCRATCH CARD... you will be directed on how to go about it.

GL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by steveaustin3(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
franugo:
Pls who here has any contact in delsu for certificate and transcript transmission?
I do, but the fellow charges a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by englishgirl55(f): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
We dey here
OldwomanWoman:
Who is going to Sheridan college For May intake?

Let’s link up…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mimifam: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
Pls someone should help me with this question, I'm going for 2yrs course, my question is will I have to show living expenses for me and my dependent for two year duration or just 1yr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good day all
Pls if account is locked due to wrong security questions, what can the person do to recover the account??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Yes very good for EE.
Boss pls I need ur assistance how can I reach u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Stifflah09(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good evening i sent my passport to vfs on 2nd feb 2023, I have gotten the letter of introduction in my IRCC portal, but I have not still heard from vfs about my passport, please can anyone help with pointers on how to go about getting my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Mimifam:
Pls someone should help me with this question, I'm going for 2yrs course, my question is will I have to show living expenses for me and my dependent for two year duration or just 1yr
Hello
You are to show POF for a year only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
chiboy2023:
PLS HELP: STUDY QUESTION ABOUT MONTREAL

Please I applied for MENG program in Uni Concordia already. I didn't know it's Quebec where French is official language.
Now I have a serious double mind. I applied to other schools as well. I intend on making this trip with family. And want PGWP and PR
after studies.

WILL I BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE MY POST-STUDY GOALS IN QUEBEC WITHOUT FRENCH LANGUAGE SKILLS ?

Thanks

Hello

Quebec is a French Province but institutions there use English as means of communication.
You should not be discouraged by the French language if you got your desired course and a fair tuition.
You need to work full time for a year in any province before getting PR and yes, you can get PR in QUEBEC but you would require basic French speaking/writing skills
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bamz555:

Boss pls I need ur assistance how can I reach u?

Bamz555, you can send a direct message from my profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by franugo(m): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
steveaustin3:

I do, but the fellow charges a lot

How much and whats the process like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
adefunkeadelaku:
pls i need help and its urgent, i want to reapply for my study visa and am a bit confused and need answers to thge followin
1) on the ircc forms there is a space for UCI , SHOULD I Put the refused uci number or i should leave it blank
2) i want to alter my resume , will visa officer check my previous resume?
3)the resume should it be in Canadian format?
4) i did npower job but i dint state it in my previous application, can i mention it now or i should ignore.
that will be all for now,thanks

1. Your UCI is unique to you, so use the one you have already.
2. Resume are not meant to be static, you can alter but your alteration should not invalidate the one you have in their records, you can only add omitted info or new info( If it will be a problem just remove it and talk about your career in the SOP)
3. No need to mention it now, is there any material info it will bring to life?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
babineli:
Hello house, please would like to know if my cousin can be my sponsor. She’s the daughter of my dad’s elder brother, she’s a doctor and reside in USA. Please can she be my sponsor and what are the documents she needs to provide.

She can but you have to write strong SOP to explain why she is sponsoring you, you can also add a family tree to show how you are related to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TLE900: 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
This is in form of thesis. Guys de vex ooooo
Doyenrey:

Thank you! They are Nigerian, but they are currently in Canada as a visitor. They submitted to Nigeria though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
Please has anyone made payment with CIBC International portal. My school included as a link to pay tuition or deposit fee. Can I use it to pay from Nigerian banks?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

The medical examiners send the results to IRCC whether you send or not, so you can keep your slip.

Thank you for coming through.
This is it, the agent I am going to use wants his balance paid when medical is requested hence he won't allow up front medical BUT from lessons learned here, I am trying to k ow if I can do it on the side then when I get medical request I will just present it.

This is like me doing medicals without the knowledge of my agent but when i get request i will send to him.

Is this possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prosperkossy: 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2023
Pls guys
I need format for sending webform to ircc pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Anyone used UPs to submit their passport?
How long did it take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Bamz555, you can send a direct message from my profile.
I just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
1st time applicant (though I have an EE profile).
VAC: London
Upfront med: Oct 2022
Application submission: 9 Dec 2022
Biometrics: 19 Dec 2022
Medicals passed: 3 Feb 2023
PPR: 3 Feb 2023
Sent passport: 6 Feb 2023
Received passport: 15 Feb 2023
Session: Aug 2023
DLI: UBC

GC key portal
Education gap: 6 years
Program: MBA
Duration: 16 months
POF1: 4 months bank statement showing 12 months tuition (rather than my total tuition, so just 80%)
Source: Salary
Source evidence: Showed 1 months payslip and job confirmation letter.
POF2: GIC certificate of 10k CAD for one year maintenance.
POF3: Uni scholarship of 40k CAD
POF4: Deposit of 5k CAD (uni refused me paying any tuition until enrolment)

Proof of Ties:
Showed ties to Nigeria by mentioning my parents in Nigeria. Showed ties to UK with my residence permit, wedding certificate to husband (Brit), my registered company & tax documents, my property documents.

Docs submitted:
- POF
- LOE (with UK residence permit, registry marriage cert, Ielts result (optional), Change of name affidavit, degree certs, professional certifications, resume (I couldn’t fit it in the IMM doc). In my LOE, i wrote an explanation for proof of fund, proof of ties, reason for study (this is extremely important as it’s the 3 things you’re marked on).
- The IMMs that applied to me.
- Visa stamps on current intl passport.
- screenshot of email from Uni confirming they didn’t want any instalment towards my tuition.
- Upfront med cert
- Letter for internship (coop work permit)
- Conditional Offer letter (they were waiting for my transcripts)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Doyenrey: 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
Aphrodite007:
Long post!!! (pls shorten post if you want to reply)

Been a silent reader, can’t thank you all enough for your selfless work, it really helped me. I‘m adopting ogidigan’s method because I think dropping a profile is important. I was desperate for peoples profiles to know if their circumstance was similar to mine.

1st time applicant (though I have an EE profile). 30 year old married (separated) female, self sponsored, living and working in the UK & Nigerian nationality. I studied computing in bsc & msc and I build business software so this is a logical progression- I explained this & that I wanted a promotion in my LOE as reason for study.

Medicals passed: 9 Feb 2023

GC key portal
POF1: 4 months bank statement showing 12 months tuition (rather than my total tuition, so just 80%)
Source: Salary (Didn’t touch salary during the 4 months I needed for bank statement).
POF3: scholarship of 40k CAD (50% off my tuition)

Proof of Ties:
Showed ties to Nigeria by mentioning my parents in Nigeria. Showed ties to UK with my residence permit, wedding certificate to husband (Brit), my registered company & tax documents, my property documents. Obviously not traveling with hubby so I used he and my sister that lives with me as ties. Also Mentioned how the average earning of my field in Canada is less than Uk so I’ll be inclined to return to the Uk (lol I don’t plan to).

Travel history : 9 European countries
Rejections: 1 US visa in 2016 (due to my stupidity lol, I didn’t know what “residence” meant)

Docs submitted:
- POF
- LOE (with UK residence permit, registry marriage cert, Ielts result (optional), Change of name affidavit, degree certs, professional certifications, resume (I couldn’t fit it in the IMM doc). In my LOE, i wrote an explanation for proof of fund, proof of ties, reason for study (this is extremely important as it’s the 3 things you’re marked on).
- screenshot of email from Uni confirming they didn’t want any instalment towards my tuition.
- Upfront med cert

Awesome! Congratulations! What school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
Mikhaelstar:
Good day nairalanders. I need help regarding the SOP. How many words max do i have to write?
And regarding upfront medicals and police clearance, any idea how much it costs and if it can be done in port harcourt? Please help

I did my police clearance in port harcourt That their head office at moscow. I paid 40k that was in July last year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HajiMusty01: 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Please can anyone give me link to track the application process.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Aphrodite007:
Long post!!! (pls shorten post if you want to reply)

Been a silent reader, can’t thank you all enough for your selfless work, it really helped me. I‘m adopting ogidigan’s method because I think dropping a profile is important. I was desperate for peoples profiles to know if their circumstance was similar to mine.

1st time applicant (though I have an EE profile). 30 year old married (separated) female, self sponsored, living and working in the UK & Nigerian nationality. I studied computing in bsc & msc and I build business software so this is a logical progression- I explained this & that I wanted a promotion in my LOE as reason for study.

Medicals passed: 9 Feb 2023

GC key portal
Source: Salary (Didn’t touch salary during the 4 months I needed for bank statement).
POF3: scholarship of 40k CAD (50% off my tuition)

Proof of Ties:
Showed ties to Nigeria by mentioning my parents in Nigeria. Showed ties to UK with my residence permit, wedding certificate to husband (Brit), my registered company & tax documents, my property documents. Obviously not traveling with hubby so I used he and my sister that lives with me as ties. Also Mentioned how the average earning of my field in Canada is less than Uk so I’ll be inclined to return to the Uk (lol I don’t plan to).

Travel history : 9 European countries
Rejections: 1 US visa in 2016 (due to my stupidity lol, I didn’t know what “residence” meant)

Docs submitted:
- POF
- Upfront med cert

Big congratulations 🎉🎉

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chiboy2023: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
Thank you very much.
technix:
Well, Quebec has a special PR program for their graduates but you must have worked in the province for a year and you need a FRENCH exam.

However, you can as well move to another province to work after graduation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2023
MrDam:
How best can I tackle all this reasons please help somebody I am ready to reapply and I need y'all help i do not have money to give agent please help me drop your one cent advice it will go a long way for me, I want to take advantage of my last intake period which is may 12.
Its easy to tackle
Include the following and reapply asap you will meet up with may intake
You letter of employment, your payslips, your mbs,work id ( as many proof of employment u can give)
Pay your first semester fees, if u can pay for the first academic year
Include sponsors, employment proof as listed above. If it’s business then include CAC every document he has that concerns the biz.
Show the family tree. Add pictures of u and sponsor. If possible show how he has been financially responsible for you in the past.
Add all of his id you can get. And have him send your living expenses to your account. (If you can , get a GIC) and show the transaction trail of the money her sent to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
U

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.