Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227993 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
gideon19:
Good day all,

I just got admission to both Humber (1yr prog) and Seneca (2yrs prog) but looking forward to going with Seneca cos of the PGWP time which will be 3 years (Sept 2023 intake). The challenge now is that I won't be able to do Biometrics for now till like somewhere around July/August for some personal reasons.

Should I go ahead to accept the admission while I wait till July/August before starting with my application or inform the school about this event, pls?
Accept the admission. Confirm the deferment policy. Don’t forget to pay the acceptance fee (if required). Then communicate with your school that u want to defer to the next available opening. Then apply your July/august. Note that you most likely won’t meet up with September resumption

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
IvarDboneless:

Bros help abeg
The visa fee on the site is $150 and biometrics is $85...at what rate is it calculated if am paying from my naira debit card.... or there another way one can make payment

Hello, please note that you cannot pay with your naira card due to CBN's monetary policies. Your best bet is to get a virtual dollar card or normal dollar card from banks or better still meet a family or friends who has any of such cards to help you.

Talking about the rate, it is not fixed but be rest assured that you would be charged the current black market rate anytime you are making such payment. So you can use Google to get the current rate for you to have idea of the cost.

GL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Stifflah09:
Good morning guys please can I be assisted on how to get across to vfs, I dropped of my passport with them through dhl on feb 2nd, I have gotten no update till now.

February 2nd and no update till date? Did you pay the #900 SMS fee. Even if you didn't pay the fee, your passport should be in your hands by now. Log in to VFS website and chat with their staff LIVE... They will give you the current update of your decision envelope. Note that you can only reach them during working hours

Congrats...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Globabyyy:

PLEASE WHAT IS THE FASTEST PORTAL FOR STUDY PERMIT AND PROCESSING?

There is nothing like fastest portal... please go and submit your application. The processing time in few weeks has been very encouraging.

GL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Good afternoon everyone please I want y’all to look into the documents I’m intending submitting (God bless y’all) and it’s just a year program in the conestoga college and tuition fees is $19,500CAD if there’s any other documents I’ll need please you people should tell me
1-Acceptance letter
2.Tuition deposit receipt
3. Self employed (2 business registered under CAC)
4:Marriage certificate with pictures
5: Daughter birth certificate
6:Car document
7: A house
8: 1 acre of land bought on my daughter name and 1 plot of land on my name and another one plot I and my brother purchase all with documents and survey
9: My work ID
10: my personal bank with 7.5M balance and my mom will be sending my 6M and a deed of gift
11.My degree certificate,transcript ,Neco certificate
12. Family pictures , pictures wit me in front of my house and the car
13. Work place pictures with my sales girl
14: My international passport data page and travel history to (Côte D’ivoire, Benin republic and Togo )
15:upfront medical report
16: Parent NIN
DAD : 2 houses documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chees0m: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
[quote author=Owanhero123 post=120981422]

Can I have your email account boss ?
Pls how can I join the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chees0m: 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Pheranmie2023:

Congratulations 🎉. There’s a WhatsApp group for may intake centennial college students. You can send me a mail if interested.
Pls how can I join the group for may Intake group.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
Drepee:
Hello everyone....

When exactly does IRCC usually send POE letter of introduction?

Once your passport is stamped, the LOI will drop all things being equal.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
OLAMINREWA:

Once your passport is stamped, the LOI will drop all things being equal.

Congrats
thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijeshaprincess: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:
Good evening everyone
Please do I need transit visa for the technical stop at Dublin?

I want to book with Ethiopian airlines

PLEASE DOUBLE CONFIRM FROM THE AIRLINE.
I was denied boarding a flight to Toronto last September from Lagos even though I had both Canada and Uk visas. I was told that as a Nigerian that I MUST have a transit Visa to transit thru Ireland. Transit time was just supposed to be 1 hour 45 Minutes. So please do check as I had to get another expensive ticket, though I was given an option to change date and airline at a fee, but I couldn't afford not to leave that day.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shrunkwriter: 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Abeg... you guys help me check this thing. I have been trying to pay for my Visa application $150 and biometric $80 fee using my USD card. Almost all attempts I made showed me declined except 1 or 2 that were doing like it wants to go. Now if I login I can't even see the continue application button. Pls see screenshot ... wetin dey occur 😑

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
25th of January 2023
I was debited on9th February
Yesterday my school sent me receipt

Bernice123456:

Please which date did you apply for the form A?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Shrunkwriter:
Abeg... you guys help me check this thing. I have been trying to pay for my Visa application $150 and biometric $80 fee using my USD card. Almost all attempts I made showed me declined except 1 or 2 that were doing like it wants to go. Now if I login I can't even see the continue application button. Pls see screenshot ... wetin dey occur 😑

Give it some time. It will revert.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
samefiok:

Sorry to butt in big man, you made some really good point and I'll like to ask what are the business related documents a sponsor can arrange to convince VO of source of funds

CAC registration, tax clearance, transaction documents like invoices receipts, contract ward. (Generally any business related documents to show how the business generate income).
etc,and if not sole signatory to account , a board resolution authorizing sponsorship.

N: B I learnt all this from this platform oh!.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kayceekay: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
beccadamilola:

No just use your Original Waec results/Certificate anyone will do
Okay, Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Doyenrey: 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hi everyone.

Does IRCC grant extension for passport submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

CAC registration, tax clearance, transaction documents like invoices receipts, contract ward. (Generally any business related documents to show how the business generate income).
etc,and if not sole signatory to account , a board resolution authorizing sponsorship.

N: B I learnt all this from this platform oh!.

God bless you bro for The info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
joefit4gur:

But you showed tuition for 2 years?

No. 80% of my tuition- tuition for just the first year. However, remember I applied from outside Nigeria. I suspect there may bias towards applications from Nigeria.

But the rule is to show funds for the first year only for tuition and maintenance; so I quoted that in the LOE. Nigerians work overheard because of the distrust towards us 😭
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pheranmie2023: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Chees0m:

Send me a message
amooesther644@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannymission: 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hello All,

Pls how long does it take IRCC (GC Key) to effect changes on my portal after submitting a new document (document wasn't requested for thou)?

I submitted a new Intl Passport via Webform.

Although, I got a 'do not reply email' as acknowledgement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
Helo house please does British airline require a transit visa. And please which airline does not require a transit visa. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
gideon19:
Good day all,

I just got admission to both Humber (1yr prog) and Seneca (2yrs prog) but looking forward to going with Seneca cos of the PGWP time which will be 3 years (Sept 2023 intake). The challenge now is that I won't be able to do Biometrics for now till like somewhere around July/August for some personal reasons.

Should I go ahead to accept the admission while I wait till July/August before starting with my application or inform the school about this event, pls?

Starting your application by August ahead of September intake is a risk sha why not submit around April/May instead so you still have time ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Chees0m:

You can email me your number from my profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Qatar Airways; look for the flight that will for from Lagos - Doha Qatar - Montreal Canada - Destination of your choice in Canada

Eje18:
Helo house please does British airline require a transit visa. And please which airline does not require a transit visa. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shebaa(f): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
which bank please?

danherb:
25th of January 2023

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Freeman6771: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
danherb:
25th of January 2023

please I just sent you a friend request to your email. I’d like to get in touch with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Freeman6771: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
danherb:
25th of January 2023

please I just sent you a friend request to your email. I’d like to get in touch with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
FranklynJonin:
Qatar Airways; look for the flight that will for from Lagos - Doha Qatar - Montreal Canada - Destination of your choice in Canada

Thank you dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peace2007: 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hello my people, please come to my aid too,you have been doing it help a sis,
My family visa was rejected due assets and I have another admission at Saint mary university Nova scotia, the former one was centennial 1 Yr pgc while SMU is 4 semesters,should I apply with centennial and change later but they will remove 2650,If I apply with the new Masters admission hope there won't be problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AmaSophy: 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Please I need to be added to fall 2023 WhatsApp group so we can help one another.. kindly indicate so I can be added to the WhatsApp group.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
danherb:
25th of January 2023

Wow this is good
You had no insider makes it wonderful

Congratulations to you. Please did u submit hard copies to the Bank after soft copies on the portal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Muna1958: 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
BenedictStinson:

I feel There is no need to be so bothered about all those eligibility and the rest. They might be working on it but not update on your portal. My application was November 2nd. PPR January 18th but my eligibility did not start and update as completed till January 27th(I believe this was when my passport was stamped because I got about 3 VFS emails that day and LOI the next day). My background check was also shown as completed November 4th but also wasn't updated till the same January 27th.
I think from what I have noticed on this thread and my own application: medical update/request is usually the biggest sign that a decision is close. My upfront medical was updated to pass January 10 and the PPR came 18th. Other timelines are usually similar after medical update/request
Bro, I just got my visa approved at conestoga. Please could you drop your email or number, I want to link up with you. I want you to put me through on something’s. Thanks brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.