Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1250962 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Dejmax, I am confused, please enlighten me, in Oct 2022, you said your wife's visa had been approved and that she will travel in December and resume in January 2023. Which application was rejected in December? If you applied for admission and SP, why are you asking how to start another visa processing or you have more than 1 wife?
Meanwhile, if your questions are genuine, go and request for GCMS notes before reapplying
I know right. Sometimes it seems like there are some ppl here just for the purpose of wasting other peoples time. I don’t understand it. He went from applying sowp to applying for study visa for wife that already has study visa. Just few days ago someone copied and pasted question from years ago word for word

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funkia: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good afternoon FAM.

Pls I would like to know when ucalgary will commence 2023 Fall admission.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello friends, while writing my SOP is it necessary I cite/list the documents I attached with the study permit application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Habeebboy: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good day to you all. Please what are the documents to take along for biometrics? And can I go for biometric when I have not done my medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Biometrics instruction letter from your portal
Biometrics appointment letter from vfs
2 copies of your passport data page
Original passport.

Your biometrics has nothing to do with your medicals. Ideally, biometrics should be done immediately after submission long before medical request. However, recently people do upfront medicals to hasten the process. That’s all.

quote author=Habeebboy post=121075810]Good day to you all. Please what are the documents to take along for biometrics? And can I go for biometric when I have not done my medical. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fredugo: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dafida09:
Anybody in the house that applied to Trent university Ontario 2023 or any WhatsApp platforms created for Trent future student?
@Dafida09 I applied for MSc in Trent. How can I reach you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
It is not compulsory but I believe it helps provide better and quicker clarity if the reviewer is able to see the list of documents you attached at a glance.

SLOVFO:
Hello friends, while writing my SOP is it necessary I cite/list the documents I attached with the study permit application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Funkia:
Good afternoon FAM.

Pls I would like to know when ucalgary will commence 2023 Fall admission.

Thanks.

Google is your friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
Please is anyone going to Fleming College, September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
Jessica50:
My sister did not use anything as home ties, I got a call from IRCC to confirm if I was not violating my visa and they approved her visa immediately. I was confused why they were calling at first until my sister told me she got a message that her visa was approved.

Thank you for your reply. Did she mention you at any time? i wonder why they call you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good day everyone, Pls how did someone know if they've started reviewing reconsideration letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thanks you @Jessica50

This is the type of update we like to see from people already there, so those of us that have gotten our study permit will prepare our minds for the journey ahead.

Jessica50:
you are welcome.
As a newbie in canada it can be hard to get a job because employers like work experience like breakfast ,lunch and dinner. I have seen some students waiting to get the job of their dream for months and their parents are still sending them money for their rents and other expenses to the point they are relaxing, not knowing they need to build resume. Take advantage of volunteering in school too, its helps to get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaNomad: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hi CannyFam. What are the cons of applying to a PGD program that is not PGWP eligible, please? Does this means return to country immediately after studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
Yes.
CanadaNomad:
Hi CannyFam. What are the cons of applying to a PGD program that is not PGWP eligible, please? Does this means return to country immediately after studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tobiloba84: 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2023
Anyone coming to Toronto before May?? Kindly reach out, I need some assistance (not anything difficult at all) and I'd provide as much help as I can to help you softland also. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funkia: 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thanks. like to if there is any future ucalgary in the house fall 2023.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Globabyyy: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thank you so much for the guide. I have successfully booked my appointment. But they stated on the letter that I should come with past medical record and medical form. Please which form are they referring to?

Please I need help!!!

OLAMINREWA:

1. Mail them during working hours to help you in booking your appointment. Their mailing system is responsive.

2. Split your LOA using ILovePdf, then attach that page which confirms your co-op to the co-op section when completing your application.

GL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
ayotoluakande:
To God be all the glory...
This journey started in March 2022, I was granted admission into Georgian College. My passport was to expire in May 2022 so I had to apply for a new passport. I got the new passport and submitted my application by June last year for my family (wife and 2 year old daughter), biometrics in June, and Medicals in August 2022.

After a series of waiting, I was refused Visa in October 2022.

Reason
1. Finance (I initially used my inlaw with a balance of 40m in his account as my sponsor)
2. Home tie

Demoralized, but the realization that I will not have to pay for biometrics, and medical and I will only be paying the application fee motivated me.

I reapplied alone eventually on Jan 23, 2023, and to my amazement and God's glory, I got PPR on Feb 13.

As I speak now, I have my Visa and by God's grace, I shall be heading to Barrie shortly.

If you are going to Barrie, kindly send me a DM. I am in Abuja.

What I did differently?
1. I applied alone (using my family as home tie)
2. I showed more money in my account - 100k Canadian

For further information on funds related issues, send a DM

Thank you brother. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigbaby20(f): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
ayotoluakande:
This journey started in March 2022, I was granted admission into Georgian College. My passport was to expire in May 2022 so I had to apply for a new passport. I got the new passport and submitted my application by June last year for my family (wife and 2 year old daughter), biometrics in June, and Medicals in August 2022.

Congratulations to you. I am also going to Georgian college Barrie

Reason
1. Finance (I initially used my inlaw with a balance of 40m in his account as my sponsor)
2. Home tie

Demoralized, but the realization that I will not have to pay for biometrics, and medical and I will only be paying the application fee motivated me.

I reapplied alone eventually on Jan 23, 2023, and to my amazement and God's glory, I got PPR on Feb 13.

As I speak now, I have my Visa and by God's grace, I shall be heading to Barrie shortly.

What I did differently?

Congratulations, I am also going to barrie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Congrats bro. few questions. 1. is it only u got the PR or both ur wife and daughter?

is the 100k CAD came in as a lumb sum?
ayotoluakande:

Reason
2. Home tie

What I did differently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by up2something: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hi guys, please I need an updated info on how to submit my passport for stamping(fastest way). I was at DHL today and I was told they don’t do 2-way any more. Has anyone here submitted recently? kindly share the process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ysth(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello house who has been admitted to centennial college for fall 2023? I have send numerous emails after my application since last year November but still no admission. They keep telling me they are currently accepting applications for fall 2023.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dunns(f): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
Amosey:
Please, I am confused about informing IRCC about my marriage now that I'm still here or wait after I land in Canada and apply for sowp for my wife. I am worried about if not informing them about my marriage now will amount to misrepresentation.
Abeg help a confused bro.🙏
inform them it doesn’t change anything,Jst watched a YouTube channel on it(Oyindamola alao)she explained it there though almost at the end of the video
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Muna1958:
Hi Fam, good evening, I want to return all glory to God. I got an Approval.I’m going to Conestoga by April. My session starts by May. Please, I’m looking for a shared apartment around the school or anyone who could help me on how to apply for on campus accommodation. I would really appreciate. Thanks as I awaits your quotes.
I emailed you boss. We're going to same school with same intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dorinug: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
Mclairity1:
Please I just got admission in Cambrian college and the deadline for my first semester School fees payment is 17th February and going with Form A is looking almost impossible and the black market rate/ flywire rate is almost times 2. Please is there a way I can go around this, maybe with a bank that can fast track form A?

Please when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tobiloba84: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
Muna1958:
Hi Fam, good evening, I want to return all glory to God. I got an Approval.I’m going to Conestoga by April. My session starts by May. Please, I’m looking for a shared apartment around the school or anyone who could help me on how to apply for on campus accommodation. I would really appreciate. Thanks as I awaits your quotes.

Hello,

I sent you a DM, I look forward to your response.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funkia: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
[quote author=emmyoddy post=121083084]
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawode: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
Good evening guys, Glory to God!!!!!! our testimony came in early! Family of four. Student permit for wife and SOWP for me. We did all by ourselves and with the help of God, and the hope and inspiration given by the application details provided by @Oloking and @Dayo96 ( Dear Brother, the saving project worked). @Tolulope1 thanks for being so warm and helpful. We submitted the usual documents so there is nothing to list in that regard except the few unique ones like:
a) a letter confirming my remote work arrangement, as opposed to letter for leave of absence ( I can't leave my job ).
b) Documents confirming annual emolument of sponsor ( I am sponsoring my wife) ,
c) Applicant's and Sponsor's Employment documents
d) One year pay slip of sponsor
e) One year statement of account ( Naira and Dorm)
f) International training certificates
g) Letter of Sponsorship (detailing my income and how the funds available were made, the huge transfers into my wife's account from Bonuses earned last year, and the corresponding payslips)
h) Wife's SOP ( 22 pages or so, detailing every aspect of the application. Why she wants to study PGD after Masters, why she is traveling with family, etc, she was very sincere in that write up)
i) Letter of Intent from me ( stating my true intentions, the need to be with my family, the situation surrounding my job and why I had to go to Canada with my job)
j) Bill and receipts for children had in the US
(k) Explanation of the intent to sell the dollars in my Dorm at the parallel rate.
l) Commitment to fall back on my RSA should I lose my job or sell two of my vehicles
m) Hometies - Job, work benefits ( I have a lot to lose in benefits if I don't come back, and this is the absolute, verifiable truth), personal relationship with employer, established profession etc)
n) Travel history ( UK, US, UAE - existing US visa
o) Plans to convert 25% of RSA towards mortgage under the new policy in that regard.
p) I had to state a commitment towards monthly savings to shore up my proof of fund for living expenses in the second year. We have funds for the first year.
q) We paid the first year tuition.

These are things that easily come to mind.

My observations and advice:

1. Tell your story truthfully and back it up with as much evidence as you can get, it is easier selling the truth.
2. Explain every deposit
3. Have your sponsor transfer substantial but explainable funds into your account ( all funds were transferred into my wife's account)
4. Please make a joint application if you have the funds, don't state your spouse is your home tie when you know you will want them to join you later ( say the truth)
5. Use the MBS
6. Travel history helps with quicker record verification ( it is not a major factor, but it helps buttress the fact that you are not trying to Japa)
7. Provide details of your registered business if you have one, otherwise show other means of social establishment in Nigeria
8. Do not do half measure, go all out to prove the facts that you state, again this boils down to if you are saying the truth.
9. Give a detail description of your study plan. Prepare your SOP like a tough interview question and answer session. Address all the issues sincerely ( your truth is your truth, don't try to play smart. e.g. my siblings are abroad and I didn't hide that, just stated that I have always returned to Nigeria in spite of that)
10. Show a reasonable career progression. Don''t jump from Customer Service to Nursing or Health Care Assistance without a solid explanation.
11. Research and do it yourself if you can, otherwise, provide all the information , including the SOP and make sure you can see yourself and not a stranger in the story being presented on your behalf. It is easy for one to forget a lie but the truth never fades.
12. Huge funds without detailed explanation of the source will work against you
13. Don't be afraid to transfer lump sum so far there is a good, plausible explanation.
14. This is a good time to apply, do it now, the time line might get worse again - I was going to continue to save until I have at least 20million, in addition to the fees for the second year tuition for my wife, but @Dayo96 and @Olokings story on guaranteed savings encouraged me. ( I still intend to continue to save until the money is complete, but we already of the visa, so it is good to just get on with it and hope that the truth will make you free.
15. This is one situation where the strength of man cannot promise success, there is the huge element of the grace of God. Please acquaint yourself with God, let this mission bring you close to Him and the knowledge of His will. Be sure God wants you to do this and live your life in the fear of God.

Application submitted - February 1
Biometrics done - February 8
Upfront Medicals passed - February 14
Eligibility Started - February 19
BVL & PPR - February 21.

I give glory to God, this is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. My wife is super pumped for her post graduates and the family time we will have in Canada.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by opessi: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lawode:
Good evening guys, Glory to God!!!!!! our testimony came in early! Family of four ( kids are US Citizens so we didnt apply for them). Student permit for wife and SOWP for me. We did all by ourselves and with the help of God, and the hope and inspiration given by the application details provided by @Oloking and @Dayo96 ( Dear Brother, the saving project worked). @Tolulope1 thanks for being so warm and helpful. Seems we are heading your way after all. Selkirk Sept 2023. Application details will follow as soon as I can properly edit to protect our privacy. Don't give up hope guys, trust in God and go ahead.

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.