Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1218830 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 2:43am On Mar 25, 2023
Thestarbear:

Cuz I got a similar email from them saying that collection of decision envelope in person is not permitted until further notice, i don't rly understand
It's a generic message from COVID era. You can walk in and collect your passport by yourself when it's ready
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damilad96(f): 3:10am On Mar 25, 2023
jimikata:

Hello, apart from LOI what other documents are expecting from IRCC, also have been hearing people mentioning counterfoil, what is counterfoil please?

Counterfoil is a document given by IRCC after visa stamp. I’ve asked people how soon does it come, some said immediately after passport collection from VFS, some said 2weeks.
I asked a friend of mine if it’s compulsory to travel with it and she said yes, which is why I’m worried cos I haven’t received mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 3:39am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I’m a graduate of political science and international relations and I need help as regarding schools that can offer related courses to Political Sciences and international relations for pgd or pgc.

Thank you all for the anticipated response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 3:39am On Mar 25, 2023
damilad96:

Counterfoil is a document given by IRCC after visa stamp. I’ve asked people how soon does it come, some said immediately after passport collection from VFS, some said 2weeks.
I asked a friend of mine if it’s compulsory to travel with it and she said yes, which is why I’m worried cos I haven’t received mine.

Counterfoil is the stamp on your passport, the visa stamp.
LOI is what comes after stamping, and you’ll need it at the border.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 3:42am On Mar 25, 2023
Please what is meaning of PEI
spoton16:

Pls how can i reach you @phreedhom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 3:55am On Mar 25, 2023
Congratulations dear. May God be praise please when did you apply? My husband applied first week of February but he is still waiting for Admission
DNAconverter:
Wilfried Laurier M.A admission offer just dropped to my inbox with a TA funding of 4,860 per term while the tuition fee is 6,885 per term. On a bright side, the school also offers tuition payment in installments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 4:29am On Mar 25, 2023
Mackie1:

Thank you. I read its best to send to Abuja.
Will I have to pay the transmission fee of 9,900?

If you did your biometric in Lagos and you want to send your passport to Abuja, you have to pay transmission fee but if you send to Lagos where you did you biometric you don’t have to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by heywhytech1(m): 5:08am On Mar 25, 2023
BoluwajiPieters:

Your agent is not being truthful with you. Nothing is wrong with logging in into the portal. What kind of POF deal did your agent arrange for you? It's either a medical request or a procedural fairness letter (a letter that almost always precedes a ban due to misrepresentation.) Your agent is intentionally telling you he can't login for sinister reasons. If you can find a way to extract your login details out of him, the better for you.
Honestly I don’t know what to do now ! He hasn’t tell me the truth till now . He still insisting he can’t login and he refused to give me the login details. I’m tired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amyamyamy: 5:12am On Mar 25, 2023
Iseoluwani:

Pls oo

I have an admission in holland college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amyamyamy: 5:17am On Mar 25, 2023
[quote author=Danilvex post=122028676][/quote]
How long before they sent you the gcms notes. Mine is more than 30days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 5:32am On Mar 25, 2023
SandyDandy:

Prince Edward Island.
It is one of the provinces of Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2023
holly00147:
Hello everyone if sponsor have like 7m to 8m In account with good cash flow and also present land survey documents will this be power full enough as pof

Add your 1 year tution fee and living expenses, also add about 3k cad miscellaneous, if it accounts to 8m and below then you're good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tommytee007: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2023
No i didn’t pay for courier when I submitted, I had plans to do personal pick up but I got an email that it’s no longer available and I’ll have to pay for courier to have them deliver it to my address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2023
BenedictStinson:

It's a generic message from COVID era. You can walk in and collect your passport by yourself when it's ready
Thank you o I was worried for nothing!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tommytee007: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2023
But I submitted in Lagos but the email I got said it’s my envelope is in Abuja, how do I collect it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DNAconverter: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2023
SandyDandy:
Congratulations dear. May God be praise please when did you apply? My husband applied first week of February but he is still waiting for Admission

Applied almost the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello! Pls for those already in Canada, is it better to buy laptop in Nigeria before traveling to Canada or is it cheaper to buy when I get to Canada? Or buy from USA to ship to Canada?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 7:48am On Mar 25, 2023
tommytee007:
But I submitted in Lagos but the email I got said it’s my envelope is in Abuja, how do I collect it?

Your decision envelope will be sent from Abuja to Lagos just keep waiting, you will get an email saying it now in Lagos in the next working day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2023
SandyDandy:
Prince Edward island..it's a province

Upei ... University of prince Edward island
And I think holland college is also in the province
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2023
Thestarbear:

Thank you o I was worried for nothing!
Hi please i have a question did you walk in to submit the passport yourself and what documents did you submit it with
I'm in Abuja and someone said he used dhl and paid to submit and collect it

But I can actually just go there myself to submit it
Is it that it's not allowed to walk in and submit yourself and you have to pay for courier or what
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2023
tommytee007:
No i didn’t pay for courier when I submitted, I had plans to do personal pick up but I got an email that it’s no longer available and I’ll have to pay for courier to have them deliver it to my address
hi so you walked in to submit the passport yourself
What documents did you go with
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Christyiji: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2023
Good morning everyone, pls if my husband is giving me a certain amount of money which will be transfered to my account in support of my studies, do I need to do a gift of deed or do I just explain to the VO in my LOE that it is coming from my husband?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damilad96(f): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2023
Ilueh:

Counterfoil is the stamp on your passport, the visa stamp.
LOI is what comes after stamping, and you’ll need it at the border.

If this is it, It isn’t showing on my portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 10:01am On Mar 25, 2023
Annidenobeh:

Hi please i have a question did you walk in to submit the passport yourself and what documents did you submit it with
I'm in Abuja and someone said he used dhl and paid to submit and collect it

But I can actually just go there myself to submit it
Is it that it's not allowed to walk in and submit yourself and you have to pay for courier or what
Thank you
I walked in to submit the passport, you can go there yourself (though I submitted in Lagos)
You need:
Your passport, The Biometrics slip they gave you when you did your Biometrics, 2 copies of passport bio data page (make sure you write your phone number and email address on the copies), VFS consent form signed and passport request letter from IRCC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2023
Good day lovely people,

Please, I need some directives on the way forward. I had my application refused yesterday by the VO on the basis of lack of enough financial resources. I applied for a Post Graduate course, paid first semester fee, had a bank balance of almost 7 million as at when I requested for my bank statement, my brother had a bank balance of over 30 million because he actually wrote a sponsorship letter to co-sponsore me.

I have decided to reapply immediately. Please, what steps do I need to take? Defer the admission till September? Someone should please, guide me

Many thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day lovely people,

Please, I need some directives on the way forward. I had my application refused yesterday by the VO on the basis of lack of enough financial resources. I applied for a Post Graduate course, paid first semester fee, had a bank balance of almost 7 million as at when I requested for my bank statement, my brother had a bank balance of over 30 million because he actually wrote a sponsorship letter to co-sponsore me.

I have decided to reapply immediately. Please, what steps do I need to take? Defer the admission till September? Someone should please, guide me

Many thanks in advance

You can do two things:

But first you must get your GCMS notes to know what the VO’s concerns are.

The monies are well enough and above the needed funds, so the challenge is proof of relationship. You two share same surname?

And also, the 7M in your account, showed enough source of the funds

Secondly, you need to defer to September, because this is almost April. And notes are always recommended before reapplying so you don’t spoil your second application.

But also, you can have an expert look at all the other documents used in submitting the previous application, they could spot the mistakes made and you could submit a reapplication well before the notes even arrive, that way you may not need to defer to September, incase you have a favorable decision.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 10:37am On Mar 25, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day lovely people,

Many thanks in advance
sorry for that. But at this point of refusal, it only takes courage to reapply by yourself again. I suggest you involve a licensed consultant for Canada Immigration, I didn't say agent ooo.

So they have to appeal the refusal, and handle the process for you for a better result on a second try . Why I say this is because applying after refusal by your self again might lead to you repeating the same mistake. I know how frustrating a first refusal might be not to think of a second one. Please don't claim to be acada on this traveling issue all we want is to see ourselves in canada it doesn't matter if you did it yourself or you applied through a firm. Las Las all man go dey alright, note: don't feel reluctant not to know the processes, ways and step by step during your application and before approval. There's knowledge in all these. I wish you PPR on your next try, just repackage to refire so as to retire in canada. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 10:43am On Mar 25, 2023
Thestarbear:

I walked in to submit the passport, you can go there yourself (though I submitted in Lagos)
You need:
Your passport, The Biometrics slip they gave you when you did your Biometrics, 2 copies of passport bio data page (make sure you write your phone number and email address on the copies), VFS consent form signed and passport request letter from IRCC
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yamunla(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Bamz555:

Or u can also walk in in person to book appointment, d advantage that has is u might be able to get a closer date like couple of days or a week if ur able to explain d urgency to d person attending to u

Can somebody transfer to this IOM account?

Or payment must be made inside the bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day lovely people,

Many thanks in advance
1)Did your "sponsor" pay the first semester fee or you did that yourself?

2)Did your "sponsor" transfer your living expenses to you or the rest of your fees to you?

Without doing any of these two why should they believe those funds in his account will be available to you and not just for show?

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.