Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238702 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Foladimejiw: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2022
That is my son's school. Same thing happened to him last year. He was offered a related course for January intake. As his visa was approved, we quickly uploaded it to his portal and he resumed for the new course in January . You can send me a mail on guidefolad@gmail.com. I can put you through.
Dont panic and Stay blessed

Cannywaka:
My school jus withdrew me from my program today with this flimsy reasons of no seat etc. I thought by paying 16k cad, I have secured the seat for the session. Please what do Y'all suggest I do as the next intake is September 20223. Will I loose my tuition? I did not request for any withdrawal or deferral. Who has experienced this and how did you resolve it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2022
OmaleIsaac4:
Hello
please can flywire receipt be used as proof of payment to apply for visa application.

Once flywire remits your fee to your school, the school will confirm receipt of funds and generate a confirmation receipt, that's what you will use.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FAVANA: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2022
Good morning dear all,

Please do I need an updated statement of account to travel? Or they just check my bank app.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RSQL: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2022
Good Morning Naira Land Family.

I applied for my Study Permit on the 6th of June
Did my Biometrics on the 7th and it reflected same day
Medicals was passed on the 27th of July

While waiting to hear back from IRCC I got an email prompting me to check my dashboard.

My Application was CANCELLED and I do not know how to go about it. Any advice or suggestions you have for me will be highly appreciated.

Please Help!!!

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 8:27am On Aug 18, 2022
RSQL:
Good Morning Naira Land Family.

I applied for my Study Permit on the 6th of June
Did my Biometrics on the 7th and it reflected same day
Medicals was passed on the 27th of July

While waiting to hear back from IRCC I got an email prompting me to check my dashboard.

My Application was CANCELLED and I do not know how to go about it. Any advice or suggestions you have for me will be highly appreciated.

Please Help!!!

Not sure you have to panic, cancellation is not the same as refusal. This happens mostly if you have two similar applications running so one will be cancelled for the other to get processed. Also your application can be cancelled if they think you do not need the status you are applying for and want you to go for another status. I’ll give you an example, I applied for Visitor Visa so I can travel with my spouse who applied for Study Permit to help her settle, but my Visitor Visa was cancelled and I was requested to apply for an Open Work Permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dejijoseph(m): 8:47am On Aug 18, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2022
Ocool:

UK no be their mate. Their process is too laborious as they want to know everything about the life of everybody. I like the US process the most with their instant decision.

I hope this is not an argument on which one is better because the Canadian system I would say is the best of all.

It would be important to note why, Canada understands that most people are coming to their schools as a route to future migration, their immigration plan is centered around skills so they try to merge these two.

UK is a completely saturated economy with no clue on how to fix their economy (always blaming it on the prime ministers), cost of education dwarfs that of Canada and you are not sure what they will do with you at the end of the day. Prospects when you graduate are low, the last UK citizen has to be employed before you stand a chance, and to gain a stay, you will pass through a lot of frustration. Your kids will remain second class in their environment for many years. It will never be my choice country (I’ve spent some time there)

The US is like a quick judgement, you have no idea what the VO’s considers during their approval or refusal (I’ve experienced both). You might think you have repackaged your application again only to just get a thirty seconds session and you are on another denial. That said, the US is a big country with better opportunities than Canada and a blindfolded man can make a living but also the migration route is not straight forward. You may not visit your home country for 10years before you finally get your stay. It probably is also not my choice country for personal reasons.

I hope we understand that if you have all your documentations properly sorted, have enough resources and consistency in your story, you are better off with Canada than with UK or US.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2022
Hi, your space was withdrawn probably because your study permit has not been approved or you are yet to notify the school of the approval.
Check the refund policy of the school.
Cannywaka:
My school jus withdrew me from my program today with this flimsy reasons of no seat etc. I thought by paying 16k cad, I have secured the seat for the session. Please what do Y'all suggest I do as the next intake is September 20223. Will I loose my tuition? I did not request for any withdrawal or deferral. Who has experienced this and how did you resolve it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kiari: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2022
HouseRavenclaw:

Hello,

You do NOT need a relative in Regina-Wascana to check on your application for you. You don't even need a relative at all. My school is in the Ontario province but my application has been checked on by the MP office of Montréal multiple times since its inception.

What you need is a friend or relative in Canada - periodt. They will provide their postal code or address, and you'll create an email on their behalf requesting for an update on your application. Bear in mind that you will be writing the email as them, not yourself. MP offices only prioritize requests of members of their constituents.

As an example, if your friend is named "John Doe", the email will be something like,

"Dear Mr/Mrs so and so,

I'm John Doe, a resident of so and so reaching out on behalf of my friend (your name) who has a study permit application that has exceeded the average processing time. My address is so and so and I'll appreciate an enquiry forwarded to IRCC regarding their application status or possible expedition."

Conclusively, be sure to remind your friend to "cc" your email address so the MP office can see the applicant in question. After the initial email, you can begin responding directly to the MP office since the line of communication has been opened. You'll be sent a Use of Representative form and within 10-15 business days, you'll get an assured response from IRCC.

Hi please can you help me with the MP address? I sent you an email too. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kellapaw: 8:54am On Aug 18, 2022
Sulaimonsb:
Any February Applicant dey here. Application clocking 7 months now still eligibility never start ordered gcms note no pre-assessment eligibility blank. It will sha end in praise.

hello bro i saw your post on a thread about conestoga college nigerian telegram group, please can you quote me the link to the channel, i have alot of questions and i think being in the group will be of great help. thanks as you help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2022
Profgordons:

I hope this is not an argument on which one is better because the Canadian system I would say is the best of all.

It would be important to note why, Canada understands that most people are coming to their schools as a route to future immigration, their immigration plan is centered around skills so they try to merge these two.

UK is a completely saturated economy with no clue on how to fix their economy (always blaming it on the prime ministers), cost of education dwarfs that of Canada and you are not sure what they will do with you at the end of the day. Prospects when you graduate are low, the last UK citizen has to be employed before you stand a chance, and to gain a stay, you will pass through a lot of frustration. Your kids will remain second class in their environment for many years. It will never be my choice country (I’ve spent some time there)

The US is like a quick judgement, you have no idea what the VO’s considers during their approval or refusal (I’ve experienced both). You might think you have repackaged your application again only to just get a thirty seconds session and you are on another denial. That said, the US is a big country with better opportunities than Canada and a blindfolded man can make a living but also the immigration route is not straight forward. You may not visit your home country for 10years before you finally get your stay. It probably is also not my choice country for personal reasons.

I hope we understand that if you have all your documentations properly sorted, have enough resources and consistency in your story, you are better off with Canada than with UK or US.

Thanks so much for the insight.

It's not an argument but just an observation about while Canada's process is not standardized. No process uniformity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2022
Elisheva1:
Hello house, gurus please share your thoughts on my request, I am still awaiting feedback on my application but just got an approved International loan to support my study and other expenses, do I necessarily have to submit the support letter to IRCC to show additional funds or there’s no need?Are international loans well received by IRCC?

Loans are accepted by IRCC for POF you can send the loan approval via webform, infact, I dare say many Canadians and Americans fund their higher education with loans, so it is not out of place, but what I want to find out from you is what did you put as POF before getting the loan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by stanmorry(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks so much. I'm putting it in order.
ibaka:
Hi,

It's best you share your educational and work history to date.

It will help to advice you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2022
It is done, What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 10:09am On Aug 18, 2022
My ogas in the house, please what do you think of this message? Is it the right tone? compelling enough? is there something I should still add? 12 weeks don pass.

```Dear sir/ma,

I hope this message meets you well. I applied for my study permit on May 17th and it has now exceeded the 12-weeks standard processing time. My school is to resume on September 6th and I have until the end of the month before I have to defer my admission till May.

Please help look into my matter.
Kind Regards.
```

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elisheva1: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Loans are accepted by IRCC for POF you can send the loan approval via webform, infact, I dare say many Canadians and Americans fund their higher education with loans, so it is not out of place, but what I want to find out from you is what did you put as POF before getting the loan?

Thank you for the response.My spouse is my sponsor and his company's account with 50m balance was used as proof of funds, Application submitted was for I, spouse and two kids.My school fees is around 8KCAD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2022
@makano @Gigdraft @bullstriker @Lekiboboe @ShowYoung
Omnisavage:
My ogas in the house, please what do you think of this message? Is it the right tone? compelling enough? is there something I should still add? 12 weeks don pass.

```Dear sir/ma,

I hope this message meets you well. I applied for my study permit on May 17th and it has now exceeded the 12-weeks standard processing time. My school is to resume on September 6th and I have until the end of the month before I have to defer my admission till May.

Please help look into my matter.
Kind Regards.
```
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 10:15am On Aug 18, 2022
https:///DN2SEwaaWiKLWy9KYGsapI
lapazi:
Hi @Omnisavage, i was running a search on nairaland for Conestoga college on nairaland and saw ur post on thread 21 for a whatsapp group for applicants or those already going to Conestoga, Please share the whatsapp link.

Other members in the house, pls share link to whatsapp for Conestoga college abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2022
Elisheva1:

Thank you for the response.My spouse is my sponsor and his company's account with 50m balance was used as proof of funds, Application submitted was for I, spouse and two kids.My school fees is around 8KCAD.

Okay, the POF is healthy, adding the loan approval will make it very water tight. Hope you were able to explain that the company funds will be available for without hindrance for you to use, cos most VOs do not really know much about how our corporate firms works. if you addressed this in your SOP then your application IMO is very solid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2022
is the 8K for a year or per semester. And which school and program pls?
Elisheva1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Omnisavage:
@makano @Gigdraft @bullstriker @Lekiboboe @ShowYoung

I think you should add more flesh to the letter, make it a little emotional, talk about how are preparing and the things you have done towards resumption, like attending school webinar for prospective students etc, just something to appeal to the human side of the person that eventually reads it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Please, is anyone going to the Uni of Calgary this Fall? Would like to connect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2022
yemflex:
I submitted my application on may21, did my biometric on june3 and my eligibility started on July21. But I noticed this date on my profile this night but I don’t know the meaning…… please guru in the in the house in need your help @makano @justwise and others

That was the date you read the message sent to your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2022
Kpoksie01:

Interesting.....MP for Regina-Lewvan just practically sent me a similar mail.

Let the MP knows that you are a student at University of Regina and you should send School mailing address to him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RSQL: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2022
I'm grateful for the response. I did some research and found that IRCC may cancel an application if they feel the time needed to wait for a decision is too close, a mistake in the application or like you said if the document applied for is no longer needed.

Non of the above apply to me, I'm a first time applicant, I've gone through my application several times, I applied for the correct status and filled everything according to their instructions. Also in what scenario would I not require a (TRV) study permit to study in Canada. I also made sure to support my application (NEW PORTAL) with additional documentation sent through webforms.

Also the portal states they will respond to me explaining their reason for cancellation but knowing IRCC it may take a while, that is if it ever does come.

At this point I need to get back to my school so they can issue me a refund or deferral but they can only do that on the condition that my study permit is refused.

My head is pretty hot, excuse me. But some next steps would be greatly appreciated. At least for now.

Profgordons:

Not sure you have to panic, cancellation is not the same as refusal. This happens mostly if you have two similar applications running so one will be cancelled for the other to get processed. Also your application can be cancelled if they think you do not need the status you are applying for and want you to go for another status. I’ll give you an example, I applied for Visitor Visa so I can travel with my spouse who applied for Study Permit to help her settle, but my Visitor Visa was cancelled and I was requested to apply for an Open Work Permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2022
RSQL:
I'm grateful for the response. I did some research and found that IRCC may cancel an application if they feel the time needed to wait for a decision is too close, a mistake in the application or like you said if the document applied for is no longer needed.

Non of the above apply to me, I'm a first time applicant, I've gone through my application several times, I applied for the correct status and filled everything according to their instructions. Also in what scenario would I not require a (TRV) study permit to study in Canada. I also made sure to support my application (NEW PORTAL) with additional documentation sent through webforms.

Also the portal states they will respond to me explaining their reason for cancellation but knowing IRCC it may take a while, that is if it ever does come.

At this point I need to get back to my school so they can issue me a refund or deferral but they can only do that on the condition that my study permit is refused.

My head is pretty hot, excuse me. But some next steps would be greatly appreciated. At least for now.

Is there expiring date on your Admission offer letter you submitted on your application? They can cancel your application if your admission letter has expired.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johndooe009: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2022
Please anyone studying in Cambrian College. I got admission for Business Analytics. It’s a 3 semester program. Reading on the nairaland group. 2 semester PGD equals 1year PGWG. How about 3 semester program. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2022

Babysoldier:
please do u know any trusted agent i can use for my application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks 7colours for the recommendation..

Its appreciated..

Peace
7COLOURS:

Makano is a trusted agent, message him

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2022
RSQL:

They will send you the reason in a couple of days if not today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebyprecy: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Funmilayoo:
February 10th applicant here, I’m tired and scared, will I have to defer to May 2023 again.

Please does anyone have emails of MP in Ontario.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello Joedave

Please note, be very polite in your mail to the Mps, they are not the ones behind your delayed application. Thier's is to speak to IRCC on your behalf as regards your delayed application.. So let your message to them be very polite..

Find below the MPs in Newfoundland:

THE HONOURABLE GUDIE HUTCHINGS
gudie.hutchings@parl.gc.ca

YVONNE JONES
yvonne.jones@parl.gc.ca

KEN MCDONALD
ken.mcdonald@parl.gc.ca

THE HONOURABLE SEAMUS O'REGAN
seamus.oregan@parl.gc.ca

CHURENCE ROGERS
Churence.Rogers@parl.gc.ca

CLIFFORD SMALL
clifford.small@parl.gc.ca

JOANNE THOMPSON
joanne.thompson@parl.gc.ca

Peace
Joedave25:
@makano,

Please I need contact details of MPs in Newfoundland.. kindly assist pls

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.