Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum (830 Views)

How Men Greet People's Girlfriends Vs How Ladies Greet People's Boyfriends / Where Do Girls Meet And Marry Guys Living In The US ? / How Much Would It Cost To Organize A Beach Wedding In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Goodlyhrt(m): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2022
Sometimes I feel like I am like the only disabled member of this forum. But I know that I am not the only one here, maybe because I am more outspoken.

But I would love to meet my comrades in this forum. If we can agree, we can organize a meet and greet at a physical location. I am in Lagos AJ.

So..

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by sunnymighty(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
Sometimes I feel like I am like the only disabled member of this forum. But I know that I am not the only one here, maybe because I am more outspoken.

But I would love to meet my comrades in this forum. If we can agree, we can organize a meet and greet at a physical location. I am in Lagos AJ.

So..

Following
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2022
sunnymighty:

Following
Hello sir! How are you doing?
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 8:31am On Jul 31, 2022
Goodlyhrt:

So..
Good, what type of disability do you have? i'm deaf

HAPPY SUNDAY

1 Like

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

Good, what type of disability do you have? i'm deaf

HAPPY SUNDAY
Nice to meet you sir.. I am deformed on my right leg
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
Nice to meet you sir.. I am deformed on my right leg
Oh! is good that you have accepted your condition. your disability is mild though. hope you are not facing many handicapping like the deaf or blind? is good to meet you here and i hope many people like us should join the thread soon to make it lively
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

Oh! is good that you have accepted your condition. your disability is mild though. hope you are not facing many handicapping like the deaf or blind? is good to meet you here and i hope many people like us should join the thread soon to make it lively
You are welcomed sir. Hope you are in good health
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
You are welcomed sir. Hope you are in good health
I thank God
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Divoc19(f): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2022
Great. Thank you so much for remembering the disables on this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2022
Divoc19:
Great. Thank you so much for remembering the disables on this forum.
Are you also disabled?
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by TotalRunter: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2022
The problem with trying to unify disabled people is that disability differs. A person with 1 limp issue may find it uncomfortable identifying with someone sitting on wheelchair or someone without arms.
Is just a tough life, just accept yourself and live quietly. Shun the opposite sex totally don't waste your time there. If you have opportunity to make money give it all you have got and enjoy your quiet life. Meeting to do what?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2022
@ TotalRunter

You are right but your second and last statement MAY be wrong.

First, it's true that disability varies and it is very difficult to find two individuals with the same characteristics concerning their disability but still, there is every need for one to identify with a particular group to enable him know more about him/herself and also share survival strategies or learn from others about the numerous ways of survival as a disabled person.

Secondly, i think the op did not create a hookup thread for disabled people, rather he created the thread for to be used as a point of interaction for the disabled, also, it can be a medium for educating or information sharing or news in the disability world(i.e jobs or scholarship etc)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by TotalRunter: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:
@ TotalRunter

You are right but your second and last statement MAY be wrong.

First, it's true that disability varies and it is very difficult to find two individuals with the same characteristics concerning their disability but still, there is every need for one to identify with a particular group to enable him know more about him/herself and also share survival strategies or learn from others about the numerous ways of survival as a disabled person.

Secondly, i think the op did not create a hookup thread for disabled people, rather he created the thread for to be used as a point of interaction for the disabled, also, it can be a medium for educating or information sharing or news in the disability world(i.e jobs or scholarship etc)

Oh okay thanks for the correction. The life of a disabled is unspeakable but it's okay life isn't permanent so forgive me if i sounded out of despair
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2022
TotalRunter:

Oh okay thanks for the correction. The life of a disabled is unspeakable but it's okay life isn't permanent so forgive me if i sounded out of despair
You are wlc bro, and you did no wrong to ask for forgiveness.

i wish you a very happy sunday sir
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by TotalRunter: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

You are wlc bro, and you did no wrong to ask for forgiveness.

i wish you a very happy sunday sir

Thank you
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by tayo60(f): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
There's ability in disability.
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
tayo60:
There's ability in disability.
You sabi!
happy sunday
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Divoc19(f): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
No am not disabled.
But I always appreciate the courage disabled people have to go about their daily activities and the intimidations some of them get from abled people.
This life no balance.

Kingkum:

Are you also disabled?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by VictorUSA(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
That's nice...Am I welcome.
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by sunnymighty(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
Goodlyhrt:
Hello sir! How are you doing?

I am good sir, I work with the disabled and ready to provide information that can be of great benefit to you and others on this thread, I hope you are all aware of NCPWD?
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
VictorUSA:
That's nice...Am I welcome.
Welcome sir
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
Divoc19:
No am not disabled.
But I always appreciate the courage disabled people have to go about their daily activities and the intimidations some of them get from abled people.
This life no balance.

You are kind hearted ma, the descrimination is real but we are also ABLE to deal with life difficulties like our normal counterparts. God bless you real good for thinking good about the disability community.
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
sunnymighty:

I am good sir, I work with the disabled and ready to provide information that can be of great benefit to you and others on this thread, I hope you are all aware of NCPWD?
Thanks for this sir, i appreciate your concern and promise to be giving us updates here. may God bless you.

Personally i don't like joining such association cos humans are wicked, i can give many instances where the so called normal people gather disabled individuals for their interest, i mean, all the benefits realized are channeled towards their life rather than giving even little to the disabled people. Also, there are instances where some of our disabled members feels that they are more educated, have connection or rich who uses such association for their financial gains. that is why i don't use to identify with any association.

BTW, i'm not the op, i think i am talking too much already. l

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Divoc19(f): 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Awwwn! Sweet!
Thank you smiley
Kingkum:

You are kind hearted ma, the descrimination is real but we are also ABLE to deal with life difficulties like our normal counterparts. God bless you real good for thinking good about the disability community.
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
Disability is a thing of the mind. You may be physically challenged but not disabled. The fact that you open your eyes every morning and enjoy what nature has to offer is an evidence that you are strong. Many had given up on themselves, even able men commit crimes and suicide but you in your challenges see the brighter side of life, remain hopeful and continue to live each passing day shows how strong and able you are. Good job Op and others who have been active on this thread.

Honestly I love this thread already. smiley I'm definitely following.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
Persephone1:
Disability is a thing of the mind. You may be physically challenged but not disabled. The fact that you open your eyes every morning and enjoy what nature has to offer is an evidence that you are strong. Many had given up on themselves, even able men commit crimes and suicide but you in your challenges see the brighter side of life, remain hopeful and continue to live each passing day shows how strong and able you are. Good job Op and others who have been active on this thread.

Honestly I love this thread already. smiley I'm definitely following.
Disability is real and not a mind thing like many motivational speakers use to put it. i can argue this with a professor cos i was previlage to be in the normal world and now the disability world so i'm talking from experience. always remember that impairment is different from disability. it's not easy in this world abeg

1 Like

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by VictorUSA(m): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:
Welcome sir
Thank you
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

Disability is real and not a mind thing like many motivational speakers use to put it. i can argue this with a professor cos i was previlage to be in the normal world and now the disability world so i'm talking from experience. always remember that impairment is different from disability. it's not easy in this world abeg
That one is physically challenged does not make one disabled. Inability to do perform a specific task does not mean the person will not be able to function in other areas. That's the whole point concerning disability being a thing of the mind. Nicholas James Vujicic didn't see his challenges as being disabled.

It is when you see inability as a challenge then you look for ways to overcome it looking into alternative. BTW I'm not a motivational speaker, I'm a realist.
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
Persephone1:
That one is physically challenged does not make one disabled. Inability to do perform a specific task does not mean the person will not be able to function in other areas. That's the whole point concerning disability being a thing of the mind. Nicholas James Vujicic didn't see his challenges as being disabled.

BTW I'm not a motivational speaker, I'm a realist.
Why not use a nigerian in your example? developed countries have intervention measures and programs that are readily available for such individuals to develop their potentials to some great extent but that is not the case in nigeria. here immediately disability sets in as a result of your impairment, you are oyo and will equally face more than descrimination. i'm not trying to argue with you but i don't like a situation where a normal human will sit comfortably and start saying things about happenings in the disability world that he don't know or only read in books.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by sunnymighty(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

Thanks for this sir, i appreciate your concern and promise to be giving us updates here. may God bless you.

Personally i don't like joining such association cos humans are wicked, i can give many instances where the so called normal people gather disabled individuals for their interest, i mean, all the benefits realized are channeled towards their life rather than giving even little to the disabled people. Also, there are instances where some of our disabled members feels that they are more educated, have connection or rich who uses such association for their financial gains. that is why i don't use to identify with any association.

BTW, i'm not the op, i think i am talking too much already. l

You have spoken well, I know such happens but you know we have different clusters, ever attended any program organised by LASODA?
Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingkum:

Why not use a nigerian in your example? developed countries have intervention measures and programs that are readily available for such individuals to develop their potentials to some great extent but that is not the case in nigeria. here immediately disability sets in as a result of your impairment, you are oyo and will equally face more than descrimination. i'm not trying to argue with you but i don't like a situation where a normal human will sit comfortably and start saying things about happenings in the disability world that he don't know or only read in books.
The owner of the primary school I went too was physically challenged. He was on wheelchair all through my primary to secondary school education, Yes He was my School principal and owner. He wasn't born lame, he was given to an injection on the nerve while he was a baby. Life wasn't easy for him as he is a son of a commoner but he struggled and even saw himself through university. He's known to be best Mathematician in his class, but for his challenges he would have gone for medicine.He graduated with first class in Mathematics from one of the best state university. This man would teach us Mathematics without holding textbook when I was in Senior secondary school.He started with lesson, now he has a school with two annexes . He has a friend too who owns two fillings stations, the friend is physically challenged too.

I know a man too who has limitations but he makes the finest shoes around his vicinity. I'm not downplaying anyone's challenges. You know where it hurts better, however I just want you to realize that disability is a thing of the mind. And that's not me edging you to dig a well with a needle. I'm not a motivational speaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Organize A Meet And Greet For Disables in this forum by Kingkum: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
sunnymighty:

You have spoken well, I know such happens but you know we have different clusters, ever attended any program organised by LASODA?
I heard about LASODA but i am far from them, i would have joined but they told me it's only for lagosians and i'm in benue. i don't just want to join anything for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Cheated But Was Never Caught… My Confession / Watch Video Of Amaarae Dancing Without Pant With Tiwa Savage / Please Welcome Me Officially To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.