Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye (36320 Views)

How Youths Discovered Peter Obi – Pat Utomi / What Reno, Deji, All Said About Peter Obi Before He Decided To Run For Election / So Many Paid Pro Government Keyboard Warriors On Nairaland Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Parachoko: 8:51am On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

How does his not doing anything special anambra according to you mean that he wasn't popular?

Only the performing Governors are known. Peter Obi was an unknown underperforming Governor in Anambra State.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by lexy2014: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2022
Parachoko:
Only the performing Governors are known. Peter Obi was an unknown underperforming Governor in Anambra State.

So who are the performing governors that were known in Nigeria at the time obi was a governor?
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Parachoko: 9:03am On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

So who are the performing governors that were known in Nigeria at the time obi was a governor?
Rotimi Amaechi, Babatunde Raji Fashola, Sule Lamido, Adams Oshiomhole,Kwankwaso and Amosun.

Obi was an underperforming and an unknown politician. That's why he fled from APGA to PDP. He would have been forgotten if he is still in APGA.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by lexy2014: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2022
Parachoko:
Rotimi Amaechi, Babatunde Raji Fashola, Sule Lamido, Adams Oshiomhole,Kwankwaso and Amosun.

Obi was an underperforming and an unknown politician. That's why he fled from APGA to PDP. He would have been forgotten if he is still in APGA.

Rivers, Lagos and Kano are the biggest, richest and most popular states in Nigeria. Hasn't it occured to you that it's only natural that the governors of those states become popular automatically they become governors of those states?

Was oshiomole popular because he performed as governor of Edo State or because of who he was before he became a governor?

Kindly intimate me with the things Sule Lamido and Amosun did in jigawa and ogun states respectively that made them popular.

When did obi defect to PDP from APGA? If you saying obi defected from APGA because was an unknown and underperforming politician, what made the countless politicians all over nigeria to defect from party to party? E.gs include atiku himself, godswill akpabio and even the rotimi amaechi you mentioned. Was it because they were underperforming and unknown?
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by TolaniLuv: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2022
Pocket infrastructure kinda talk . By Dino himself
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2022
Parachoko:
I'm not an Atiku supporter.

Almost every Governors built roads and worked on education.

Not like Obi and did they leave money in their treasury??
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by poppy83(m): 11:33am On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by odomanis: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2022
Parachoko:
Melaye is right

How ? A two term governor of Anambra state between 2006 and 2013 before running with Atiku in 2019 ? Obi was vice chairman of Nigerian governors forum and Chairman of South east Governors forum between 2006 to 2013 before he ran with Atiku in 2019,how ? Obi was member of Federal economic team during GEJ second term even though he belonged to APGA and opposition party, how did Atiku discover him ? Obi worn several national and international awards as a result of his performance as Anambra governor before he ran with Atiku so, how ?
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Okudiover(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lies from the pit of hell Mr. Dino Maleye. Even the source of the river Niger existed before Mungo Park was born. You may con ignorant folks but not people like us that are well informed. What you could have said is that you got to know about Peter Obi in 2018 when Atiku picked him to run with him.

Peter Obi was not born in 2018 but in 1961, July 19th to be precise. He just celebrated his 61st birthday 13 days ago. So don't act as if he never existed before 2018. Atiku would not have picked him if he had any political baggage. Don't forget Mr. Dino Maleye that PDP in 2019 got more votes in the south than in the north. Atiku even lost his ward to Buhari in 2019 but Obi clinched his ward, LGA, State and Geopolitical zone so who was more of an asset to the ticket?

Since Dino Maleye started opening his gap to yab Peter Obi he has not told Nigerians what Atiku would do differently but has been busy telling us how Obi lacks "political structure" and how Atiku has better experience.

Abeg make we here word!
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by VirileNelly2420: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Oga as at that time, Obi was not the most popular in the South na.
Clearly u don't know him.

He was. D reputation he built for himself was enough. He's one of d best, if not d best of d transparent leaders in d whole federation.
Judicious. He was very popular as a governor, esp in southeast
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Honjoshy4u: 7:54am On Aug 02, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Clearly u don't know him.

He was. D reputation he built for himself was enough. He's one of d best, if not d best of d transparent leaders in d whole federation.
Judicious. He was very popular as a governor, esp in southeast

Chairman, Obi was in PDP then, he joined the PDP from APGA not quite long then compared to some staunch PDP Politicians that kicked against Atiku picking Obi. Despite the opposition to the choice of Obi, Atiku insisted on him.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by nadisms: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
ezewealth:
which set u be for st Charles. Did u started in jss 1

Na confirm obodo charly I be

2007 set.... sayoto,boster, dem set

I started from jess 1 in secondary, moved to science..

In those days,we get secondary and science...

Our days sweet joor

But now,d av joined both
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by mbos: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2022
clueless illiterate discovering a genus. what a travesty
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by ezewealth(m): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
nadisms:

Na confirm obodo charly I be

2007 set.... sayoto,boster, dem set

I started from jess 1 in secondary, moved to science..

In those days,we get secondary and science...

Our days sweet joor

But now,d av joined both
You know bombo, chyko, gboto, ambassador, city, dem?
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by VirileNelly2420: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Chairman, Obi was in PDP then, he joined the PDP from APGA not quite long then compared to some staunch PDP Politicians that kicked against Atiku picking Obi. Despite the opposition to the choice of Obi, Atiku insisted on him.
Lol... Wot exactly are u saying? Dat Atiku chose Obi out of his love for him and not cos of his propensity to shoot him to Aso_Rock? grin grin
U need think again bro...

Atiku, as desperate as he is, running in and out of several political parties, would choose a running mate out of love??

U shock me!
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Honjoshy4u: 10:33am On Aug 03, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Lol... Wot exactly are u saying? Dat Atiku chose Obi out of his love for him and not cos of his propensity to shoot him to Aso_Rock? grin grin
U need think again bro...

Atiku, as desperate as he is, running in and out of several political parties, would choose a running mate out of love??

U shock me!

You shock me more because all Politicians are desperate and driven by personal interest including Peter Obi.
From APGA - PDP - LP
Politicians are all the same. Their drive is interest. I believe, if Obi entered as VP after the 2019 polls, your narrative would have been different.
Obi was at Atiku's 2022 presidential flag off before decamping to LP.... He spoke of Atiku's potentials and how he will make a great leader ( you didn't attack him then).
After the PDP Primaries, Obi sent a message to Atiku and wished him well that some of us were surprised at the level of affection....(you can verify those statements).
Wike was the cause of Obi living the party not Atiku, Obi and his supporters disliked Wike but few weeks ago, Obi visited Wike..... (Politics for you - NO PERMANENT FRIEND, NO PERMANENT ENEMY)....
You accused Atiku of running from party to party but refused to do so to Obi your demigod. When Obi was in APGA, he swore never to leave(go verify). But immediately his interest wasn't protected anymore he joined PDP. When he found out that he won't get what he wants, he moved to LP..... I bet you, e go decamp again.

You shock me more!
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by VirileNelly2420: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

You shock me more because all Politicians are desperate and driven by personal interest including Peter Obi.
From APGA - PDP - LP
Politicians are all the same. Their drive is interest. I believe, if Obi entered as VP after the 2019 polls, your narrative would have been different.
Obi was at Atiku's 2022 presidential flag off before decamping to LP.... He spoke of Atiku's potentials and how he will make a great leader ( you didn't attack him then).
After the PDP Primaries, Obi sent a message to Atiku and wished him well that some of us were surprised at the level of affection....(you can verify those statements).
Wike was the cause of Obi living the party not Atiku, Obi and his supporters disliked Wike but few weeks ago, Obi visited Wike..... (Politics for you - NO PERMANENT FRIEND, NO PERMANENT ENEMY)....
You accused Atiku of running from party to party but refused to do so to Obi your demigod. When Obi was in APGA, he swore never to leave(go verify). But immediately his interest wasn't protected anymore he joined PDP. When he found out that he won't get what he wants, he moved to LP..... I bet you, e go decamp again.

You shock me more!
U just talk without listening to urself. My point is not about running in and out of political parties. My point is; U don't choose running mate esp dat of presidency cos of love. It has to do with political permutations. Everyone contesting is Keen to win ok.

U can show love wen appointing ur Ministers. Ok.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Honjoshy4u: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

U just talk without listening to urself. My point is not about running in and out of political parties. My point is; U don't choose running mate esp dat of presidency cos of love. It has to do with political permutations. Everyone contesting is Keen to win ok.

U can show love wen appointing ur Ministers. Ok.

So was Obi the most popular Politician in the South then

Don't be smart by half. You talked about Atiku's desperation and him changing party that was why I talked about Obi and his movement from one party to another.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by VirileNelly2420: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

So was Obi the most popular Politician in the South then

Don't be smart by half. You talked about Atiku's desperation and him changing party that was why I talked about Obi and his movement from one party to another.
Obi has a formidable reputation. And being from Anambra, as Anambra is seen as d heart of southeast. Obi has capacity ok.

I was trying to tell u dat someone with such desperation can't pick a running mate cos of love.
Obi won't do dat too.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by Honjoshy4u: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Obi has a formidable reputation. And being from Anambra, as Anambra is seen as d heart of southeast. Obi has capacity ok.

I was trying to tell u dat someone with such desperation can't pick a running mate cos of love.
Obi won't do dat too.

Obi is not my problem neither that of Atiku; and he has shown so far that he values and respect Atiku. My only Assignment for 2023 is to stop Tinubu from getting to the rock of Aso.
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by nadisms: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2022
ezewealth:

You know bombo, chyko, gboto, ambassador, city, dem?

Bombo tete bombo te....lol... I know him ,including chyko,goto and co...

You schooled there too?
Re: Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye by ezewealth(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
nadisms:

Bombo tete bombo te....lol... I know him ,including chyko,goto and co...

You schooled there too?
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of House Of Reps Speaker, Yakubu Dogara In Action / FG Freezes Jonathan’s Associates’ Accounts / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.