Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? (26415 Views)

The Most Corrupt Nigerian Musical Video / These Are The Top Best Nigerian Songs Of 2021, Which Is Your Favourite? / Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Davigor: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:
Who do you think is the best Nigerian musical artist talentwise?

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

My top 5 in order of talent and who create consistently good songs:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
Davigor
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by demmy66: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
a musician is one that writes his own songs and can sing them. 2face can't write to save his life
not true at all.. have you watched or seem 2face perform live and how he does freestyle to his songs by changing the lyrics and infusing to the original song?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by demmy66: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Benwallt:

Write to save his life, what do you mean by that?

He wrote majority of his songs
my brother no mind them. it is people like him that he will screaming up and down that blackface wriye most of his songs. Why didn't blackface write other songs to become a hit?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by labi1977(m): 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.

Immaturity ooo lol

Let them compare grammys
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kiddinpoh(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Where you put Kiss Daniel?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Lanty01(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
2FACE BY A WIDE MARGIN
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.
What do u mean?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
fourboys:
u know nothing
Na empty head he be, can you imagine?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by sangresan(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Masama:

The voice is also an instrument, it's not compulsory that you must play other instruments before you become a musician

That's a singer...A singer is different from a musician
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Emaprince:
As long as song writers and good composers.

You will never hear a single bad song from these guys:

In the best order

Wande coal
Kizz Daniel
Rema
Apart from wande coal, the rest na nonsense, dem dey sing.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by rabiudon: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lkode
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Tell us which instruments these so called MUSICIANS can play
I know Fela played Saxophone,Trumpets, Guitar and keyboard

People now sing with computers and call themselves MUSICIANS

According to you
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by SodiumValproate: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Makanike:
Fireboy for me
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by sirchim(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes everybody is a musician in their own way. If you can sing the National Anthem you are a musician
Don't mind him, any musician that can't play any instrument is not a musician. You can't sing with computer and call yourself a musician.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
sangresan:

That's a singer...A singer is different from a musician

Check the online dictionary

It's either you play a musical instrument or you're musically talented.

Musically talented works too.

If you wanna argue about musically talented..., you're on your own....no time for such debate over here.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
sirchim:
Don't mind him, any musician that can't play any instrument is not a musician. You can't sing with computer and call yourself a musician.

Being musically talented also makes you a musician. Browse it again!
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by vanditijjani: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Timi dakolo,kizz Daniel,fireboy,tems n ayra starr
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Danisaint112(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo

Kizz Daniel
Omay Lay
Jonny Drille
Fireboy
Joeboy
Runtown

This is the correct list. Davido and Wizkid are just making noise.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Skyonebaba: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
Olamide and kizz Daniel

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Tell us which instruments these so called MUSICIANS can play
I know Fela played Saxophone,Trumpets, Guitar and keyboard

People now sing with computers and call themselves MUSICIANS

"Musical Artist" is clearly different from "Musicians".

They are "Singers" and "Musical Artists" like the OP Wrote...So, Stay on course.

You are actually right with your constructive criticism writeup and it is also an eye-opener to many people.

PS: Brighten Your Life like A Star in This Country of Ugly Darkness.

Solarize Yourself.

Light Up Naija.

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by trendo360: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
All these ones you mentioned here are babies compared to Burna Boy and Kizz Daniel.

kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by bonnyhope: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Where is Kis Daniel

You are not serious

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Abagworo(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ckay should be up there. His solo acoustic versions with him even playing the instrumentals come out as good as studio sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbBuW8u1bA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDa7vssD5sI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YUTrMlwwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuoSbXT3GNc
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Shutupthere: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Authoreety:

Oga to be a musician.. Na must o!
King David was an instrumentalist
The vocal is a musical instrument on its own. It’s easier to be a piano player than to be a seasoned vocalist .. you don’t have to play a physical instrument to be called a musician. Your voice is a wind instrument like the flute and saxophone

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by bonnyhope: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kiss Daniel top my ranking

Followed by Fireboi

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by IamOrei(m): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
If Kizz Daniel is not on top of ur list, u ar mard

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Powerfly:
In my humble opinion...
I'll arrange it in this order...
1. Burnaboy. Please listen to his lyrics...burns boy's lyrics convinces me that truly He's the African giant of afrobeat.
2. Kizzdaniel. Nigga is so good..he barely has a bad song.
3. Fireboydml. Boy is so good too.
4. Rema.
5.jonnydrill.
6. Chike.
7. Phyno
8. Tems.
9.victony
10. Omalay....
Magixx just dey start..omalay don drop more hits than the guy..so I'll give up to omalay...I mean how could I forget a guy who's name I share as a nick name at home.
I would have love to include Wizkid...ibuse to love Wizkid back in the days..but this days he's songs barely hit hard...it's always simple lyrics that sounds so dry.... I get e girl for shirts, I get many many girls..this girl, that girl...haba..
The only song I can doff my cap for him is essence...and I keep saying this..had it been Tems wasn't on that song....that song might not have turn out to be what it is today...but regardless..he's still a big name. Just that he's lost that pen game.

My opinion tho..so don't come to my mention and fry me or wail. kiss
You forgot "she tell me say" cheesy
Wizkid doesn't have any good lyrics these days at all.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by oyeb15: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Tuface
Wande Coal ----forget D-bang
Kizz Daniel
Flavour
MOHBAD

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Babsolala: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

You wrote your top 5 and another person wrote Burna Boy as one of his favorites based on your topic which reads "Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise?" and you dey misyarn on top him choice.

Anyway, time to rubbish parts of your top 5 as well.
I like Wizkid, but if you pick him over Burna Boy in terms of talent, then you have a very horrible taste in music.

Let Wizkid and Burna Boy individually do an acapella without hiding behind instrumentals then let's see if your top 5 would remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kog45:
Honestly to know real talent in Nigeria music, just give them mic to sing Live.... I dunno for 2face Idibia,respect to 2baba,the man is a real talent.... others na crack voices during live play, more reason all of them brings DJ along for supplement.

Respect to our old musicians who always nail it with live band
Burna boy performs live, he's very talented forget it
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
siofra:
I'm so disappointed no one mentioned Ayra Starr!

Like have you listened to songs on her album? A versatile queen I stand kiss
Getat abeg
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Benwallt(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
demmy66:
my brother no mind them. it is people like him that he will screaming up and down that blackface wriye most of his songs. Why didn't blackface write other songs to become a hit?

You mean to say that some ppl actually believed blackface wrote the song he claimed?
Funny beings dey this world I swear.

Blackface I am sure can't write two lines that rhymes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Winners Of Nigerian Music Video Awards 2013 / Top 10 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time / Top Seven Video Directors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.