Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) (50030 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Two Die After Eating 'amala' In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by chipet67(m): 5:48am On Aug 02, 2022
They should do autopsy. I think its cassava intoxication.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:09am On Aug 02, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Especially you that is very wicked
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Bluffly: 6:12am On Aug 02, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Amala that people have been eating before your parents agreed to marry each other. Your ignorance is rated.

2 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Komu1048(m): 6:14am On Aug 02, 2022
chival:

No. Amala is actually flour made out of processed yam.

So the one from dried unripe plantain or potatoes is called what?

Amala is only pointed to black or brown processed flour. While the one from cassava alone is lafun
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by countryman13: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=VeryWickedGoat post=115293143]Amala kills.
It's a big lie except if it's not well processed. Something i have being eating for over 30years, still eating and will countinue to eat.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by sofiscatedmoron: 6:37am On Aug 02, 2022
Amala has been a bad food
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by akeeng: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2022
pocohantas:
Ake.eng’s people have done it.

Other members of the family who also spoke not only corroborated the grandmother's claims but equally added that they left the matter in the hands of God almighty who has dominion over all.

Four humans (not chickens) died and you want to leave it to God? Anyway, na Naija fckup. Because this should be a case for the govt.
This is serious. RIP to the dead
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by remele2(f): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Amala is processed yam, not cassava.

Amala is made from raw yam, cut into thin slices, soaked and dried then milled into the off white flour that becomes Amala.

Some people also use the back of the yam, this type of Amala is very black and the flour is brown in colour.

The original Elubo for Amala, called "gbodo" is quite expensive but the end product is a fluffy, smooth and rich swallow with an inviting aroma.

What I believe that family ate is "lafun".

Does Lafun kill??
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Elidrisy20: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2022
Which kind Amala be this
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by ume1000: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
cassava is for Amala lafun, yam is for Amala isu( gbodo). Both are amala. There is also Amala from unripe plantain.

Some of the sellers are just wicked. Because yam is quite expensive, they mix some other whatever to the yam flour and sell as pure yam flour... So you need to be an expert to know what you are buying...
do u want to learn how to differentiate them cos I once sold all the elubo flour including that of cocoyam and potato
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Aklee4994(m): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2022
Eating amala as a family always lead to death same as that of kwara state

RIP y’all
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by imagrg(m): 7:55am On Aug 02, 2022
Too sad that Buhari's administration is making people eat trash.
RIP to the dead.

But wait oh...How can a sane person vote in another candidate who has health issues? Can't they see that he bends over as he walks? Please don't allow ethnic sentiment to shroud your sense of judgement.
Vote for the right candidate please.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 7:56am On Aug 02, 2022
ume1000:
do u want to learn how to differentiate them cos I once sold all the elubo flour including that of cocoyam and potato
Please I want to know because I like Amala and I have bought rubbish elubo couple of times. My Mother/Sis-in-law helps with the buying now. Them na master. I only know Lafun. I sometimes don't know when yam and cassava have been mixed together. Not a bad combo though but Lafun upsets my system.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by mecuries(m): 8:07am On Aug 02, 2022
no autopsy? no nothing?....do we even have forensic in this country?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by ume1000: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
Please I want to know because I like Amala and I have bought rubbish elubo couple of times. My Mother/Sis-in-law helps with the buying now. Them na master. I only know Lafun. I sometimes don't know when yam and cassava have been mixed together. Not a bad combo though but Lafun upsets my system.
get a filter d one they use to sieve the flour

Filter the flour to be bought

For cassava there are fibre like white residual

For yam black residual

For plantation octagonal brownish residual

So black and white means yam and cassava

Brown and White -cassava and plantain

Black and Brown -plantain and yam

*However smooth the flour is there is always a residue

Don't forget to show appreciation once you've tried it out

*That is six year of experience in the elubo business up there*
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:23am On Aug 02, 2022
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 8:23am On Aug 02, 2022
ume1000:
get a filter d one they use to sieve the flour

Filter the flour to be bought

For cassava there are fibre like white residual

For yam black residual

For plantation octagonal brownish residual

So black and white means yam and cassava

Brown and White -cassava and plantain

Black and Brown -plantain and yam

*However smooth the flour is there is always a residue

Don't forget to show appreciation once you've tried it out

*That is six year of experience in the elubo business up there*
Thanks a lot. I will test the one I have at home.... At least I can eat my pure yam flour in peace
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2022
People have been eating amala here without problem, some thing fishy in this story.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
Amala is made from either cassava or yam , that’s why we have the white amala and the brown one , to those saying shit about amala being made from peel or whatever, you don’t know anything about how amala is made . Little research will help you more, stop sounding ignorant online .

There is nothing like white amala. It is called LAFUN, made from casava.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2022
babtoundey:

Even lafun is healthy and it's a other type of amala.

By the way, the guy doesn't need those explanations. He commented out out of hatred and bigotry.

Lafun is not amala......totally different
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
cassava is for Amala lafun, yam is for Amala isu( gbodo). Both are amala. There is also Amala from unripe plantain.

Some of the sellers are just wicked. Because yam is quite expensive, they mix some other whatever to the yam flour and sell as pure yam flour... So you need to be an expert to know what you are buying...

There is nothing like amala lafun......Lafun is lafun....
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
The white is cassava and the brown is yam. Both na Amala.
Maybe contaminated water was used in the food preparation. It could have been Eba, pounded yam or any other food.

Both are not amala.....
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by faithfull18(f): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2022
They probably poisoned their meal.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Romanoff(f): 8:37am On Aug 02, 2022
remele2:

Does Lafun kill??

I didn't say it's lafun cause lafun kills.

I'm saying if it's made of cassava, it's not the Amala that most commenters think.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Mayor36: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2022
4 people are dead and we are hearing the news without a police report following up to know if it was food poisoning or whatever.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2022
Sleekfingers:

There is nothing like amala lafun......Lafun is lafun....
yes sir/ma'am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amala_(food)
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
yes sir/ma'am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amala_(food)

So na Wikipedia go tell me about my food?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2022
Sleekfingers:

So na Wikipedia go tell me about my food?
So why are you telling me about my food I am talking about MY OWN FOOD o...
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by babtoundey(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=Sleekfingers post=115302301]

Lafun is not amala......totally different [/quote

What is lafun then? Eba?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=babtoundey post=115305589][/quote]

Lafun is lafun....cassava flour, popularly eaten by the egba people.....learn to take correction. Some people just ignorantly call it Amala. Amala is simply made from yam flour. D

I repeat. There is nothing like white amala....
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2022
afribabe:
So why are you telling me about my food I am talking about MY OWN FOOD o...

You guys should learn to take correction. There is nothing like amala lafun or white amala, it is simply called Lafun.......
Amala is strictly the dark brown mold
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by NaBanga: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2022
The article says the mother and children have had ailments for some time. It is likely the mother poisoned the children and her self later, to end their suffering. The alternative is that a family member poisoned them to relieve the burden of taking care of them. Nigeria needs to make autopsies standard in such cases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Crying As She Breaks Guinness World Record (Video) / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.