Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,004 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) (50033 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Two Die After Eating 'amala' In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by BouquiLake: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2022
Cassava kwa? It is processed Yam.

It may have been contaminated.
[/right][right]

Nwodosis:
Amala is processed cassava! May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by newoffer: 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Are you real ....Cassava is Amala ..shey Dem use cold water bath u ni. I stop eating Amala when someone said they put some substances to prolong the shelf life. I will not eat for a million naira..
Nwodosis:

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by vision2050: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Autopsy will reveal the misery.
So sad cry
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
MonkeyMods:
I dunno how they manage to eat that black poisonous substance called amala

Yuckkyyy!
amala and ewedu wey Yoruba girls dey chop dey take break records all over d world
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Monkey/Goal
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
ume1000:
Westin corn sign lafun corn sign Amala ?
cassava is for Amala lafun, yam is for Amala isu( gbodo). Both are amala. There is also Amala from unripe plantain.

Some of the sellers are just wicked. Because yam is quite expensive, they mix some other whatever to the yam flour and sell as pure yam flour... So you need to be an expert to know what you are buying...

3 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
One thing I've noticed from this tragic news is that the people who eat this Amala don't even know what it's made of . How ignorant!

The sight of that black thing always remind me of dog poop anyways.

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
Viltron:
One thing I've noticed from this tragic news is that the people who eat this Amala don't even know what it's made of . How ignorant!

The sight of that black thing always remind me of dog poop anyways.
we know what it's made of. We are just saying it's not from only yam.... YAM, CASSAVA, UNRIPE PLANTAIN all na Amala. The color and smell will tell the difference

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2022
The white is cassava and the brown is yam. Both na Amala.
Maybe contaminated water was used in the food preparation. It could have been Eba, pounded yam or any other food.

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by amakanancy(f): 11:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nwodosis:
No sir.its made from yam

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by sokera: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
HltSong:
Me wey b Yoruba sef no like D's amala. Last time, I ate too much with egusi 4 restaurant. For nyt, war!!! Vomit everywhere.
you didn't eat the right
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Breakingnews101: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nwodosis:

Wrong.
Amala is processed YAM.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by sokera: 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
afribabe:
The white is cassava and the brown is yam. Both na Amala.
Maybe contaminated water was used in the food preparation. It could have been Eba, pounded yam or any other food.
you like to argue
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by nedekid: 11:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
HltSong:
Me wey b Yoruba sef no like D's amala. Last time, I ate too much with egusi 4 restaurant. For nyt, war!!! Vomit everywhere.
Amala? If I no chop amala with gbegiri and ewedu with assorted meat, or catfish tail, ogunfe, the thick pomo even tinko atleast 3ice a week, I no sure say I go normal. grin
Nice thing about amala is that it is light, digest easily too. Very good for hangover after a night of boozing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
sokera:
you like to argue
Just explaining and defending my almighty Amala. That's all
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
nedekid:

Amala? If I no chop amala with gbegiri and ewedu with assorted meat, or catfish tail, ogunfe, the thick pomo even tinko atleast 3ice a week, I no sure say I go normal. grin
Nice thing about amala is that it is light, digest easily too. Very good for hangover after a night of boozing. cheesy
The only swallow I can eat at night and not suffer any discomfort

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by shegra58: 12:00am On Aug 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Amala is processed yam, not cassava.

Amala is made from raw yam, cut into thin slices, soaked and dried then milled into the off white flour that becomes Amala.

Some people also use the back of the yam, this type of Amala is very black and the flour is brown in colour.

The original Elubo for Amala, called "gbodo" is quite expensive but the end product is a fluffy, smooth and rich swallow with an inviting aroma.

What I believe that family ate is "lafun".
Lafun don't kill and it's not a Poison they should investigate their death by doing some autopsy I'm sure they definitely eat Poison through Amala
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by kafeii123: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2022
e
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by kafeii123: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2022
Excessive cyanide from poorly fermented cassava
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Thatakwabombabe: 12:57am On Aug 02, 2022
Honestly Amala kills.

Meanwhile I have some items to declutter
Boman Fridge/freezer. Chill very fast n neatly used
Table Top glass gas cooker (sparingly used)
Nexus 4.5kg Automatic washing machine. Used for just 4 months
43” LG FullHD/ Game Tv (Not Smart)
Very clean

Non negotiable pls
Price are not negotiable. They are discounted already to clearance price

Call/ WhatsApp 081….89…6454.92
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 02, 2022
very painful
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Ken4Christ: 1:16am On Aug 02, 2022
They should permit a doctor to carry out an autopsy. This will confirm the real cause of their death if it's related to food poisoning.

But if the cause is spiritual, there is nothing the doctor will find out.

Meanwhile, the best way to protect your life from untimely death such as this is to give your life to Christ. Food poisoning cannot kill a true child of God.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Minjim: 3:17am On Aug 02, 2022
The bereaved woman whose daughter and grand children died also claimed that she and one other family member equally ate from the alleged cassava flour and have already been tested in the hospital and proven to be healthy. She therefore, vehemently debunked the allegation of any cassava flour leading to the death of the members of her family.

Why does the media delight in sensational headlines? Is it because they know most Nigerians don't read?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Oju4190: 3:39am On Aug 02, 2022
That Gp tank....is too low....maybe somebody might have put something in the water in the Gp tank.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 3:44am On Aug 02, 2022
Funny way to die. RIP
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by sameks08(m): 3:54am On Aug 02, 2022
autopsy is highly needed in this kind situation but they will not do it and face reality but they will be pointing hand here and there.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by drololaaof: 3:58am On Aug 02, 2022
MonkeyMods:
I dunno how they manage to eat that black poisonous substance called amala

Yuckkyyy!
Are you a stranger in this world to say amala is a black poisonous food? Amala might not be the cause, what are the order thing they use in eating it - soup,waterand environment. RIP to the dead
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Joeyfizzo: 4:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Nwodosis:
Sorry u are very wrong. Oops!
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by juman(m): 4:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Sorry o.
I suspect they took bad water or the plate they use to eat their food had poison or something.
Because nothing happened to other people that took the same amala.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by juman(m): 5:00am On Aug 02, 2022
In that place they called processed cassava Amala.
That is okay.

Yoruba called processed cassava white Amala or lafun.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Amala doesn't kill, they must have been eating Amala all their lives. I believe it was just a coincidence. As a matter of fact, I'm eating amala with draw soup and dry fish today, every Nairalander is invited to the table. RIP to them
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Toriagirl(f): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2022
A proper investigation should be done, people consume amala and ewedu every single day, why is their story different? Someone must have poisoned the food.

Wicked world indeed!
May their soul Rip.

Contact me for all your writing jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Crying As She Breaks Guinness World Record (Video) / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.