Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) (50038 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Two Die After Eating 'amala' In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by babtoundey(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2022
[sup][/sup]
Sleekfingers:

Lafun is lafun....cassava flour, popularly eaten by the egba people.....learn to take correction. Some people just ignorantly call it Amala. Amala is simply made from yam flour. D

I repeat. There is nothing like white amala....

Imagine you going to q buka qnd ask to buy lafun. Only a handful of people will understand what you're saying. Lafuna is amala.

Probably in your domain you choose to call amala funfun lafun. Amala is amala. White or black, they are both amala. Stop teaching what Know.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by afribabe: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2022
Sleekfingers:

You guys should learn to take correction. There is nothing like amala lafun or white amala, it is simply called Lafun.......
Amala is strictly the dark brown mold
Whatever.....
Amala Lafun
Amala isu
Amala plantain.
Etc
That's all. Lemme jere
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by JFT24(m): 11:48am On Aug 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Amala is processed yam, not cassava.

Amala is made from raw yam, cut into thin slices, soaked and dried then milled into the off white flour that becomes Amala.

Some people also use the back of the yam, this type of Amala is very black and the flour is brown in colour.

The original Elubo for Amala, called "gbodo" is quite expensive but the end product is a fluffy, smooth and rich swallow with an inviting aroma.

What I believe that family ate is "lafun".

I like ya analysis, bt even the Lafun is not poisonous. Infact the processing time of Lafun is faster. They need to investigate what killed them.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Bfly: 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2022
Social media is just doing everything hard to turn people to babies without firm will.

Internet as make many idiots. Im beginning to dislike Nairaland for news they push to front page.

Everyone chases shadow with the use of Internet.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Wwwq: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2022
Shocking
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Kooldame: 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Why do you have to post comment with so much hatred.
Amala is made from dried yam,who ever add yam peels does it at his own will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Crying As She Breaks Guinness World Record (Video) / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.