Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics (31021 Views)

My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) / Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Gandollaar:
Na in be say my favorite PHC native will have a fierce competitor.

Ofe ofor still be boy for where this weapon dey grin

Native try sha but there is no "wow" effect in it.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by ufuosman(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
E go well for eyes
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Romanoff(f): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Cocoyam... And if you really want the real taste, kindly use home prepared oil directly from the palmnut not just the red oil

More importantly, use ogiri Igbo, not ogiri okpei.

Kindly resist adding any other vegetables, just use the normal bitterleaf.

So banga extract is what I'll use as oil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by dacblogger: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
judgementyard:

Me too,am from nnewi and we don't add uziza to our bitter leaf soup also.

Op.....THUMBS UP!
I'm from Nnewi too.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Babysheart(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
BethelAmarachi:
How to cook bitter leaf soup

https://myfamilypride.com/index.php/2022/07/20/nigerian-bitterleaf-soup-recipe/

This is bitterleaf soup. Not that concoction OP cooked.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Dshocker(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Channah1:
It's been months I made this soup. So decided to make it today.

First pics ingredients for this recipe.
Ofor
Yellow pepper grinded with crayfish
Pomo
Ogiri opei
Bitter leaf. The long shredded ones.
Meat.

Second pics
Seasoned meat with Maggi crayfish cubes and little water for better absorbtion of the ingredients into the meat.
Covered and allowed to simmer for some mins. Before adding pomo and more water to cook the meat soft.

3rd pics.
Added the ground yellow and red peppers with crayfish to the meat stock.
Dissolved my ofor in palm oil with the opei and added to boiling meat stock and stired. Covered and allowed to done.

4th pics.
Added bitter leaf, let it for a few mins and finally added uziza leaves, stired and brought it down immediately.

What is Ugu doing inside a bitter leaf soup?

And i would have preferred you used cocoyam as thickener, but all the same, it looks delicious.
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by AngelicBeing: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
cool
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by fof1: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2022
Romanoff:
Which is better to use as a thicker, ofor, achi or cocoyam?

Cocoyam Pls

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Bigdicck: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2022
Why u go use only okpei? where is the real ogiri igbo? Uziza for bitter leaf? I never try dat one before o

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by egojeny1(f): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Uziza in bitter leaf soup?

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by udomma1005(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
westlius:
I no sabi cook but
Will try it dis weekend
I pray e sweet sha
If e nor sweet, sugar to your rescue dearie tongue

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Bigdicck: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
HantaVirus:
I'm sorry woman,you can't cook undecided

You're average smiley

BTW,why is your post always making frontpage?

Maybe you're Lala's side chick grin

Or is it Myndd44? undecided
I dey tell you, even me wey be man cook pass her

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by shantti(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

At times the lil bitter taste makes it special for me. When small, I was the last person my siblings would call to taste the onugbu for them. Even if you have "họọ-ed" the onugbu just twice, I will tell you it's already good enough. At least it saved me from the gruelling task of "washing" the bitterleaf.

Hoo- ed grin grin grin grin
But to hoo onugbo no be child's play. Am the best onugbo hoo-rer in my family
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by peacettw: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Gandollaar:
And your name is peace o? grin

All those ingredients are permissible but I doubt she's from Anambra. Okpei inside Onugbu soup keh? No Anambra person does that.

grin I have decided it's always best to be truthful as long as it is nicely done and in a peaceful manner.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by KossyKiss97(f): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2022
Channah1 please what's the quantity of the opei. Never used it before. But I plan to cook bitter leaf soup tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Gloriagee(f): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Never heard of the uziza approach too..
dacblogger:
We the people of anambra DNT add uziza to our bitter leaf soup at least my own side of anambra. looks yummy tho. grin

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by lereinter(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
The soup is 10x the fufu

Na soup you eat joor
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by KossyKiss97(f): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Channah1 please what's the quantity of the opei. Never used it before. But I plan to cook bitter leaf soup tomorrow. It Opei I wanted to write
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
dacblogger:
We the people of anambra DNT add uziza to our bitter leaf soup at least my own side of anambra. looks yummy tho. grin
I was shocked o grin
What happened to ogili?
We don’t even use Achi, we use ede (coco yam)

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by CaptainFM1: 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
Pls,
First how much does it cost you to prepare?
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by olayemi1977(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Am begging in the name of God ,i just need any assistance from from anyone, just to feed my family since i have loss my job, 2003913282 uba bank
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Emmanuel909090: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
So yummy.
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by ShaqFu: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Romanoff:

I don't like coco yam sha. I've used achi before, I didn't like it. I'll give the ofor a try.
Alright. I've never tried it before. I always use Achi, I love it. To me it's the best. I even use it to prepare soup.
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Quicksilver5: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
it's been long since I've eaten good food
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Nusomlaa: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2022
Is this uziza or bitterleaf? You don't know how to cook bitterleaf soup or you simply want to deceive people? And who told you you can use ogili okpei for bitterleaf soup?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Love800(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
Channah1 pls hw do i reach u, i really need u to answer some questions abt catering to me. If i could have ur whatsapp num, i will gladly appreciate it.
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
Romanoff:

Correct, and also as the main source of water

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
shantti:

Hoo- ed grin grin grin grin
But to hoo onugbo no be child's play. Am the best onugbo hoo-rer in my family

Lol we for adopt you into my family if I knew you earlier
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Romanoff(f): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Correct, and also as the main source of water

Wow, that will be yummy. With banga extract, there will be no need to add any other thickener sef.
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Gandollaar(f): 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Tinubu is your next president Nwanne
Lori iro cheesy
Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Gandollaar(f): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2022
Romanoff:

It's the bomb!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics by Ogbuu101: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Channah1:
Made fufu and garri combo cos I wanted that fufu flavor and garri feel.

Food ready and served.

Who is from Anambra here?
Oya join me.

Lalasticlala
Be like you be all these Lagos "my mama say I be Igbo " grin
The way you spelt ogiri okpei as ogiri opei is a dead giveaway grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families / Team Puff-puff Or Team Buns: Which One Are You? (pictures) / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.