Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? (24566 Views)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by pocohantas(f): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
Anything in Nigeria can be abandoned to japa. Even babe sef. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

If you get chance, run o!
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Jalinspy(f): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
See choice..but over here man is still struggling..abeg who fit help me for any job to use survive..I base in pH..

My signature might interest you..
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
pocohantas:
Anything in Nigeria can be abandoned to japa. Even babe sef. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Na datwan easy pass sef!

Who babe epp?

Imagine your babe asking for phone and the value na wetin go complete your air fare!

grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by fabson21(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
My brother my simple advice for you is to wait and finish your master's degree here I know ASUU strike has done it worst as you have said you have invested your time and resources and you said few months to complete it you can japa for PhD,it will be better and okay
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Airoflaw(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
yes. It's worth Starting afresh leaving but mind you,you will still have to get admission, apply for visa n wait fir response. If ASUU enter b4 you can continue n ensure you rush your project n every other thing.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Obi4Ever: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Calm down Team Obi is coming. A better system is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Maverick777: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I always tell people trying to do any post-degree program in Nigeria, to do so in a private uni.
please if you have the means travel, preferably Scotland, I did my MBA there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by fitinwell: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

All these Rich kids dem...

Always asking funny questions to threatening the less privileged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by sukkot: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
who masters epp

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Which ever decision, make sure that your time is used wisely and well spend, in developing your future.

If you choose to wait, then use the time to intensely learn what will add to you.

You cannot run to another country, without having some form of skillset that makes you very much valuable, as long as you are sufficiently valuable, and the country you intend to go to, has such opportunities, then its okay to go.

It is very important you know where you are travelling to before you travel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by malkomchris: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
You are still asking, drop immediately
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by DannyWalker: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Eriokanmi: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Don't be in a hurrying. The pacifier is coming. My advice. Obi/Datti'23

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by starstunna1313(m): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

You are still asking question?.. okay oo
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by MT: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Are you studying in Nigeria just to realize your dream of travelling abroad? Arriving abroad is one thing, have you considered your plan when you get there? A crocodile in Nigeria won't turn to Lion abroad.

Travelling alone won't make you realise your dream, it is the values that you possess. Lastly remember you are a citizen in Nigeria, which gives you leverage to so many things. You are a foreigner as soon as you land abroad, with all your privileges in Nigeria withdrawn. Travelling is not a bad thing, but have a super tight plan

3 Likes

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Watinhapen(m): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
@Poster, this is what you should do. Don’t wait for ASUU. No one knows when they’ll call off the strike. Apply to different schools with your BSc. You could be lucky and get admission with one of them. Before your admission letter comes out and you start processing your visa maybe ASUU would’ve called off the strike. You can then continue while still processing your visa. But if they don’t call off the strike and your visa is approved, just cut your losses and japa.

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by HeavenVGate: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Wait to finish. I'm sure you're returning to class in few months time, three most atmost.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by oluezekiel(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
Owerri1stSon:

Please wait bro... finish your masters then come for PHD here..
He doesn't need the masters degree for a PhD program.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Entanglement: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
see person were dey price monkey ontop tree! undecided
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by CaptainFM1: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
Can you not finish it before going abroad?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Tohsynetita1: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
[quote author=iamyemiakins post=115410356][/quote] In fact, I plan to have 2 masters degree but not In this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Deeprooted: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Do you really need an answer or you only announcing your japa ?

I'm listening...

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ebdumi: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Theo51:
Currently in same situation. My pain is I refused to apply for scholarships in my field of interest thinking I will round up by june, though my first degree is a weak one (2.2). It's quite sad, coz I needed to round up and see If I can get a scholarship for Phd coz so far the result is good. Around 4.6.

2.2 you will still get admission and scholarship man
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Femeto: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Owerri1stSon:

Please wait bro... finish your masters then come for PHD here..
Scholarship dey?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by ufotty2001: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tohsynetita1:
Before one take any post graduate course in Nigeria, one should ask himself or herself the following questions.
How many degree owners are using the result to work in a satisfied place?
How many Masters holder are really using the result to work in a comfortable place and not 'managing'?
Does Masters results really matter in Nigeria labour force?
Am I studying for financial reasons or to add to my scope of Knowledge?
If you are studying for financial reasons, it could be a mistake in this Nigeria,but if to add to knowledge, it's good.
Can I do errand task for my supervisor and bosses in the course of acquiring the degree. Errand tasks like Driving, Picking up kids, marking scripts of Junior students, etc.
Hope I have enough time and money that I could waste if strike strikes? Because if strike occurs, You will continue paying school fees and while the session runs. Don't forget, during strike, there won't be lectures but yet you will pay school fees because the session continue counting. I don't know if it has changed but had such experience. The victim paid for 2 years that school was on strike, and used 5 years for Masters.
Am I financially bouyant? This is another question that should be asked because anything you are asked to pay for at such level, their won't be reasons to avoid it. They believe you are mature and can cater for yourself before you come for the degree. You could spend 1 million naira on a project that they have been doing 19 years ago which they can apply but will not apply to society.
Only Private entity differs.

this is the major reasons why i made up my mind that i will not further my schooling again after my B.sc and ICAN
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ebubu9: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
pocohantas:
anything dear! Job, gf. Even wife. Or husband. Japa and file visa for your wife or husband when you’ve settled, to come and join you.

I will leave anything to jappa, except a high political position. Or affluent federal work such as firs, cbn, npa, those ones have security and large largesse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Chinua Achebe And Wole Soyinka, Who Has More Global Coverage ? / Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) / University Of Abuja Girls Hostel Was Burnt Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.