Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,395 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16473 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, September 3, 2023

*GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART*

*Psalm 9:1 ESV*
_Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations._

*1 Chronicles 16:8 KJV*
_Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people._

*1 Chronicles 16: 34 KJV*
_O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever._

Thanksgiving is one of the different offerings we must give to God daily. Because on a daily basis, God does not hold back the good things of life from us. Think about it, the most essential things in life are free: Our health, the oxygen we breathe, the water we drink, fellowship with God and more. We have free access to these daily. The Bible says God daily loads us with benefits. It is expedient, therefore, that we give Him thanks every day for all He freely does for us. We must thank God for who He is – a good, faithful, kind, merciful and gracious God. We must equally thank Him for the things He does. He gave Jesus to freely die for us. He gave us grace. He continues to uphold us in Himself. He has done so much for us than we could ever count.

We must give diligence to not forget all of God’s benefits. We must also thank Him for the things He's currently doing. There is no way you cannot point out one or more things that God is presently doing in your life. And while at it, we must thank God for the future plans He has for us. The Bible says His thoughts for us are of good and not of evil, to give us a future and a hope. Even if you feel hopeless, you must look to the future and to eternity. The things God has said concerning you, the visions you've seen, the dreams in your heart, the prophecies hanging over your life are enough reasons to be grateful to God.

We must deliberately thank God for the known. Do this in a language you understand. Then thank Him for the unknown in unknown tongues. When we thank Him for the unknown in the Spirit, we give thanks well. And ensuring we give thanks well is what makes our life go well. Also be cheerful in your thanksgiving, because God loves a cheerful giver. Bring the thanksgiving with a dance, with a song in your mouth, and with an offering. It is important that you do it with the right attitude. Gratitude must be given with the right attitude for your altitude to change. And cheerfulness is rooted in right and deep thinking. As a wise man once said, when you think well, you will thank well. He likened thanksgiving to that factor that fills your spiritual tank. And just as a car with a full tank drives well, fast and far, cheerful thanksgiving translates to a spiritual full-tank that ensures speed in your journey of life. As you climb the mountain of greatness, let the attitude of gratitude fill your heart and your life will not lack the goodness of God. Gratitude is the way.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, teach us to be thankful in all things and at all times.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, Father God I thank You for all You do for me. Thank You for the seen and the unseen, the known and the unknown, the visible and the invisible, in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, September 4, 2023

*EMBRACING GROWTH*

*Philippians 3: 13-14 NIV*
_Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus._

On this side of Heaven, it is easy to get discouraged, burned out and tired, especially when it seems like your efforts are not producing the desired results. In such moments, it is important to reflect on the yardstick we use to measure our achievements and the standards by which we evaluate our goals.
The Scripture provides guidance for times of frustration. It reminds us that there is beauty in divine frustration. There are moments in life when we grow weary of the status quo, when even the things that once brought us joy and pleasure become sources of frustration. These moments serve as invitations to delve deeper into God's purposes and assignments for our lives.

As human beings, we have a natural tendency to relax and rest after accomplishing something significant. This inclination is part of our nature, as we are created in the likeness of God who rested after the act of creation. However, the problem arises when we become too complacent and forget that there are more feats to be accomplished, more goals to be pursued, and more souls to be won for the kingdom of God. Therefore, if we do not take intentional steps to overcome complacency, we may find ourselves dwelling in mediocrity, constantly reminiscing about past accomplishments and longing for the "good old days."

As believers, we are called to live a life of constant growth and progress. Consistency should be a guiding principle in our everyday lives. We should strive to become better versions of ourselves each day, so that the person we were yesterday would be proud of the person we have become today.
Often, frustration serves as a wake-up call, jolting us out of our slumber. The story of the prodigal son, as mentioned in the Bible, serves as a powerful reminder. The son, who had strayed from his father's house, found himself in such a state of desperation that he would have gladly eaten the food meant for pigs. May we not become so complacent that we settle for the least of the least, neglecting our true potential and the calling God has placed on our lives! Therefore, let us embrace divine frustration when it arises. Let it be a catalyst for growth and transformation. Instead of succumbing to discouragement, let us turn to God, seeking His guidance and wisdom. Isaiah 40:31 reminds us that those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint.

When faced with frustration and weariness, let us examine the standards by which we measure our achievements. Let us investigate the source and reason for the frustration. We must never settle for mediocrity or be consumed by complacency. Instead, let us seek divine inspiration, constantly growing and pursuing the goals and assignments that God has placed in our hearts. With God's strength and guidance, we can overcome discouragement and press on towards the purpose and destiny He has for us.

*Prayer*
In Jesus Name, Father, help me to continually dig deep in my pursuit of You and all that You have called me both to be and to do.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that I am a child of God. I know who I am. I understand the times and seasons of my life and I constantly grow in the knowledge of God and my identity and place in Him. In Jesus’ Name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, September 5, 2023

*HUMILITY KEEPS YOU UP THE LADDER*

*1 Peter 5:5 KJV*
_Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble._

*James 4:6-7 KJV*
_But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you._

After several years as a couple, Sarah and Abraham had no children. She had tried all she could but was not able to conceive. And at her wits end, Sarah decided to offer Hagar, her Egyptian maid, to bear Abraham a child.
Abraham agreed and slept with Hagar. Shortly after, Hagar conceived; and when she realized she was pregnant, she became very proud and arrogant toward Sarah.
Ever heard the line “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”? Sarah took it out on Abraham by blaming him for Hagar’s disregard for her after giving her the privilege of being Abraham’s concubine. Overwhelmed, Abraham told her to handle the situation anyhow she deemed appropriate, and so Sarah treated Hagar harshly till she ran away. Then on her way, an angel of the Lord found Hagar beside a desert spring along the road to Shur and said to her: “Hagar, Sarah’s maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?” “I am running away from my mistress,” She responded. The angel then instructed her to “Return to your mistress and submit to her, act as you should, for I will make you into a great nation. Your baby will be a son, and you are to name him Ishmael (‘God hears’), because God has heard your woes.”

Hagar was promoted by her mistress Sarah from a maid to Abraham’s concubine, but then she became proud because she started producing results that even Sarah that helped her up had not been able to produce. This is the basis of how a lot of promising destinies have been truncated because of pride. They disrespected the ladders that helped them up and in no time they were back to the ground. This is applicable in career, business, ministry, and other spheres of human endeavour. You must be careful not to despise the ladders God used to help you up. You must learn to remain humble and still revere them. In the sight of God, you are still subject to them, just as the angel still referred to Hagar as Sarah’s maid though she was pregnant with Sarah’s husband’s child. Be humble. God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.

*Prayer*
Father, fill me with the wisdom to not abuse divine privileges in my life. And have mercy on me for every act of disregard towards the ladders You used to lift me.

*Declaration*
As I increase, I will not be puffed up. The higher I soar in life and destiny, the humbler I become. I do not denigrate the constituted authorities that God has set over my life; I do not despise the ladders God used to lift me up. Thank you, Jesus, because I have what I say.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2023
PST..SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, September 6, 2023

*TAKE UP YOUR CROSS*

*Matthew 20:20-23 NKJV*
_Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him. And He said to her, “What do you wish?” She said to Him, “Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom.” But Jesus answered and said, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” They said to Him, “We are able.” So He said to them, “You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father.”_

We typically come into the place of worship with desires in our hearts: desires for greatness, prosperity, success, breakthrough, innovation and expansion. These are legitimate desires. But most people think that the desires in their heart will become reality without any cost. That is a big mistake.

It is okay to want to sit on the high table of life and occupy positions of honour and power in the kingdom and among men. We want to work signs and wonders like Jesus did, and for our shadows to heal the sick like Peter’s did. However, we want glory without any cost. Well, our desires and aspirations are at the other side of the cross. Everything you want in this kingdom comes at a cost. You must exchange something for what you want. Even Satan does not ask for worship without an exchange. When he tempted Jesus to worship him, he made a counter offer. So, worshipping God is how we press into the things we desire. In the place of worship, God tells you the things you need to do to get your desired outcomes.

Jesus said to follow Him and He will make us. But in following Him you must be carrying your cross like He carried His from His mother's womb. Yes, the cross manifested at Golgotha, but He had been carrying it from His mother's womb, in that He could not do just anything He wanted. He gave up all His desires, pressed into God, and aligned Himself with the perfect will of God. Likewise, we must totally yield to a life of sacrifice. Our lives must be placed on the Brazen Altar and presented to God as a living sacrifice. This means you cannot do with your body anything it wants, but only the things God wants. Your whole body parts must become instruments of righteousness.

Once you pick up the cross, you do only as you're told and go only where you’re asked to. You must be ready to sacrifice your will, dreams and aspirations. The mantra for your living, once you pick up your cross, is “Not my will but Yours be done; Not my way but your way.” You must be ready to give your best to God on a daily basis. Sacrificing your finances, time, energy, giftings and everything God has given you. Knowing that glory, honour and a crown await you at the end of the cross experience. As long as you're yielded to Him, your place of dignity and lasting joy are guaranteed. You're going to inherit an everlasting life.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, release upon me the grace and the wisdom to carry my cross daily.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I carry my cross daily, I walk the path of life, of greatness, of Kingdom prosperity and elevation, and I experience all-round expansion by the Spirit of God.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, September 7, 2023

*GIVING IS LIVING*

*Luke 6:38 NKJV*
_Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you._

*Proverbs 11:24 NKJV*
_There is one who scatters, yet increases more; and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty._

Giving is essential for life and survival. Basic science teaches that humans inhale oxygen and release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. This supposed human respiratory waste is essential for the survival of plants. Conversely, plants release oxygen into the atmosphere which in turn is essential for human survival. In other words, the waste of one is essential for the survival of the other. This shows us the cycle of life, that we live to give and we give to live.

In human anatomy, we also see that if we do not release the excess in our bowels, as waste, we are bound to constipate and this may lead to serious health conditions – even death in extreme cases, if nothing is done quickly to treat the situation.

We must draw wisdom from the things we see in our everyday life and our environment to guide us on how to lead our lives. The Bible tells us that when we give, men will give into our bosom in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. Mike Murdock put it nicely when he said, “What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you.” Giving breaks the hold of selfishness. In this day and age, we see people seeking only to have for themselves and store up for generations after them yet unborn. Meanwhile, there are people within our immediate environment who we can be a blessing to and help to meet certain pressing needs in their lives as God has empowered us. Some of these needs may even border on life and death. We must never shut our bowels of compassion to such needs, at least if we want God to intervene in our own areas of need.

The parable of the rich fool in the Bible should show us what to avoid when God has blessed us abundantly as well as what to do with whatever excess we have. The Bible also tells us that scattering your seeds can lead to increase, whereas withholding more than is necessary brings one to poverty. Therefore, your security must not lie in the things you have, either money in the bank or material wealth, because they are temporary. Giving to the poor and to God is laying up treasures on high where nothing can break in to steal or corrupt. We must allow this wisdom to guide our daily conduct and how we lead our lives.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to excel in the grace of giving.

*Declarations*
I am a giver because I am a child of God. I excel in the giving grace and I receive a harvest of good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over from men.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, September 9, 2023

*PLAYING WITH FIRE*

*Proverbs 6:27-28 NKJV*
_Can a man take fire to his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one walk on hot coals, and his feet not be seared?_

*Proverbs 14:12 NKJV*
_There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death._

I want to believe you have heard the statement “You are playing with fire” before, or perhaps even said it yourself. Typically, this statement is made as a warning to others when they trespass a boundary you set and are inevitably going to suffer a consequence. We all know the deadly nature of fire and the harm it can cause. So it is with sin. Whenever we meddle with sin, we are indeed playing with fire. As we read in Proverbs 6:27 above, you cannot take up fire and expect to not be burned. For the believer, sin is fire; it burns and destroys.

James puts it succinctly in James 1:14-15: “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death” (KJV). The road to sin is quite a journey. It begins with lust, and when lust is in the heart of a person, it makes it easy for such a person to fall into sin when tempted. Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness after He fasted for forty days and forty nights, but the reason why He didn’t fall into sin via the temptations was because there was no lust in Him.

Scripture tells us that the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life are the various categories of lusts a man can have (1 John 2:16), but if we allow the Holy Spirit to do His work of change and renewal in us via daily interaction with the Word of God, then we too can live free from lust which leads to sin. We must submit ourselves daily to God to sanctify and cleanse us through the washing of water by the Word (Ephesians 5:26), so that when the prince of this world comes to check us out like he did to Jesus, he will find nothing belonging to him in us.

*Prayer*
Father, purify my heart and sanctify me through the washing of water by the Word.

*Declaration*
In Jesus’ name, I declare that the blood of Jesus purges my conscience from evil thoughts and dead works. I think only the right thoughts and I yield my members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Therefore, sin has no place in me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, September 10, 2023

*GOD IS THE SOURCE*

*James 1:17-18 KJV*
_Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will, He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures._

God is the source of your life and everything you need for life and living. He is your Father, meaning your life came from Him. He is your provider, meaning that everything you need can come only from Him. Your life, your living and your assignment are all His ideas. He created you, and as your Creator He has made enough provision to last your lifetime on earth. So, look up to Him for your supplies; He is able and meets all your needs according to His riches in glory.

God is more than enough; He is the all-sufficient God. With Him in your corner, you are meant to be experiencing never-ending supply. David captured this well when he said, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). This means that when God takes charge of your life and leads and directs you, you will never lack any good thing. And don't forget that He can use men, animals, government institutions, nature, anything; He can even rain bread down from heaven, if necessary, just to meet your needs. That’s how magnanimous and mindful of you He is.
Don't ever make the mistake of putting your trust and confidence in anyone or thing as your source. Only God is, and you must look up to Him alone. Be like the Psalmist: “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1-2).

Imagine what power God displayed in creating the heavens and the earth, and also the power He displayed in redemption through raising Jesus from the dead, then you would appreciate that the needs you're presenting to Him are nothing to Him. The power of God is available to meet your needs in full and more.
Furthermore, you need to understand that if God did not withhold Jesus from you, but went all the way to ensure that you were redeemed, there is no good thing He cannot give you. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him. Oh, you can put your trust absolutely in God, He is reliable and trustworthy! Teach your heart to be fixed on Him, for when your heart is fixed on Him, you will see the glory and the salvation of your God. God is your source, the source of your peace, the source of your provision, the source of your protection, the source of all the good things you need for life and living. Hallelujah!

*PRAYER*
Father, teach me to put my trust in You alone, knowing that You will always meet my needs according to Your riches in glory.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that my needs are met, that my bills are paid, that God supplies all my needs. The rock pours out water and oil for me, and I have plenty of gold and silver, in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:20am On Sep 11, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, September 11, 2023

*NAVIGATING LIFE’S SEASONS*

*Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV*
_There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens._

Life is filled with seasons—moments of change, growth and transition. Just as nature experiences the ebb and flow of seasons, our lives also go through different phases, each with its unique characteristics and purposes. As believers, it is essential to cultivate an understanding of these times and seasons in order to navigate them with wisdom, faith and purpose. Ecclesiastes 3:1 sets the foundation for comprehending the concept of times and seasons. It acknowledges that life is not static but dynamic, marked by various cycles and rhythms. And one of the key principles we learn from the Bible is that God is the author and orchestrator of times and seasons. Daniel 2:21 states that God "changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others." This means God has sovereign control over the shifting tides of our lives. He knows the perfect timing for each season we encounter, and He has a purpose for every one of them.

Moreover, we must understand that times and seasons are not fixed in duration. They can be relatively short or prolonged. Some seasons may last a few days, weeks or months, while others may span years or even decades. The important thing is to approach each season with an attitude of faith and trust in God's perfect timing, then respond accordingly. In Matthew 16:3, Jesus reproached the Pharisees and Sadducees for their inability to understand the signs of the times. Hence, we are called to be spiritually discerning and responsive to the shifting seasons in our lives. This requires seeking God's wisdom, studying His Word, and listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes, we may find ourselves in seasons of waiting or preparation, where God is refining our character, developing our faith, or equipping us for the future. Other times, we may enter seasons of harvest and abundance, where the fruits of our labour come to fruition. The key is to remain faithful and obedient to God's leading in every season, trusting that He is working all things together for our good (Romans 8:28).
Lastly, understanding times and seasons also involves being aware of the larger spiritual seasons that impact the world and the church. 1 Chronicles 12:32 speaks of the sons of Issachar who "understood the times and knew what Israel should do." They had a prophetic understanding of the times and were able to provide guidance and direction to the nation. As believers, we are called to be watchful and discerning of the spiritual climate around us. We are to be prayerful and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, responding to the needs of our generation with love, compassion, and the truth of God's Word. This is a vital aspect of our spiritual journey and it is not as mysterious as most people portray. Simply recognize God's sovereignty over the changing seasons, incline your ears to Him and He’ll show you the purposes and lessons within each one. By responding with faith and obedience, we can experience a deeper level of growth, maturity, and fulfilment in our lives.

*Prayer*
In Jesus’ Name, Father, teach me to be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit as I navigate through the various seasons of my life.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that my eyes see well, my ears hear the inaudible, and my heart understands every season that I am in. I decree that I am prompt in obedience and I make the most of every season of my life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:33am On Sep 12, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, September 12, 2023

*SIGHT IS A THREAT TO SATAN*

*2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV*
_In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them._

*Psalm 119:105 KJV*
_Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path._

It is possible to live on earth like Satan doesn’t exist, particularly for us as believers in Jesus Christ. But that is made possible only by a combination of sight and light. Light is the revelation of God’s Word in your heart, but it is predicated upon your capacity to see the truth in the Word. Seeing begets light. This is why the Psalmist prayed saying, “Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law” (Psalm 119:18). He understood that until he saw the wonderful truths in Scriptures, he wouldn’t be able to access the light thereof to guarantee his victorious living. Therefore, by all means let’s contend earnestly for sight after the order of the eagle, as much as you contend for light.

Yes, nothing weakens the devil like light from the Word of God hitting your spirit, but without sight, light will not happen for you nor will it be an advantage to you. We need for our spiritual eyes to be flooded with light so we can live victoriously on earth and dwarf the schemes of the devil, but our eyes must see first. Satan knows this, so his primary strategy is to blind people’s eyes from seeing the truth of God’s Word, then he can go to sleep knowing that he has them in his armpit. In other words, once Satan makes a person blind, he doesn’t attack them again, it will be tantamount to a complete waste of resources.

In the beginning, darkness was prevailing over the whole earth, causing everything to be formless and chaotic. Even after God came on the scene, the darkness persisted until God introduced light. And the very moment light showed up, creation started to happen. Why? God saw what was possible, so He called it forth. Likewise, never do anything without light, not even prayer is an advantage without light.
As anointed as Jeremiah was, God’s plan for his life was 100% dependent on his sight. His life wasn’t moving at the right pace, yet God was incapable of moving him up to speed without his perception. Jeremiah 1:11-12 says, “Moreover, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree. Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.”

The peak of God’s performance in every area of our life is dependent on light, therefore go for sight and light. When you see the truth in the Word, then the light of that Word can hit your spirit and empower you to walk in its reality. Contend against the blindness Satan seeks to impose on God’s people.

*Prayer*
Father, deliver me from spiritual blindness and help me to see as You see.

*Declaration*
In Jesus' name, I declare that I have seeing eyes and my life is flooded with light.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:23am On Sep 13, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, September 13, 2023

*KEEP YOUR FOCUS*

*Proverbs 4:20-22 NKJV*
_My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh._

Your focus is among your most prized possessions. Although not physical, it is a soft possession. God wants your undivided attention. God wants you to attend to His word. Your spiritual growth, transformation and general wellbeing in life are all tied to your focus. You become what you focus on.

The battle of Satan to control your life is actually for the control of your eyes, your ears, your heart and your mouth. Anyone who controls these life gates is the lord of your life. If God is the one who controls the things you see, hear, say and think, then your life will lead in the path of prosperity and success. That is why God says we must not allow His Word to depart out of our mouth, but keep them in the midst of our heart, for they are life to those who find them and health to all their flesh.

Satan also wants your attention. That is why he surrounds you with the lust of the eyes, to control your eyes; the lust of the flesh, to control your thoughts and actions; and the pride of life, to control your attitude. He wants you to take your eyes off the Word, which is Jesus, and off the prize of your high calling. He knows that as long as your eyes are on Jesus, you won’t sin and you won’t sink. For we are charged to look onto Jesus, the Author and the Finisher of our faith. This is because once we see anything in God’s Word and keep our eyes focused on it, our faith is activated and we can operate in dimensions that are not natural to us. Then our activated faith enables us to resist the devil and quench all his fiery darts. So, Satan knows that if he can break your focus off the Word, then he has broken your faith and he can dominate over you. Therefore, your focus is critical.

In this kingdom, you must let your eyes be single so that your whole body will be full of light. We cannot be looking up and down at the same time. You are either looking up to Jesus from whom your help comes or you are looking down and attracting defeat. You must choose your focus. Your eyes are gateways to your heart. Scripture says we are changed from glory to glory as we behold Him through the mirror of the Word. In the Word, we behold dimensions of Him that change us permanently. So never allow anything to break your focus on the Word. Especially social media, which is the devil’s chief weapon of distraction these days.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, release upon me the grace to be single-minded in my focus and to maintain an undivided attention on Your Word.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I receive grace to stay focused. I receive grace to keep my eyes on Jesus, the Author and the Finisher of my faith. My faith will not fail and I will not sink or die in my journey to greatness.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, September 14, 2023

*THE MANUAL FOR LIVING*

*Proverbs 1:1-6 MSG*
_These are the wise sayings of Solomon, David’s son, Israel’s king—Written down so we’ll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it’s going; A manual for living, for learning what’s right and just and fair; To teach the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a grasp on reality. There’s something here also for seasoned men and women, still a thing or two for the experienced to learn—Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate, the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women._

*Joshua 1:8 MSG*
_And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed._

The Bible is God’s manual for living, and God is the only One qualified to write the manual for living because He is the God of all the living; He created life, man, the earth and the systems of life. In His wisdom, God gave us the Bible to guide our lives and our living here on earth. It was written for us to know how to live well and live right. It is not a religious book, but the mind of God in print to guide and help us to understand what life on earth means and where we’re going. The Bible gives us the knowledge of what is right, just and fair. And when we allow our hearts to receive the wisdom contained in the Bible, righteousness becomes our identity.
As babies crave breast milk to grow, every Christian should desire the Bible to grow in wisdom, experience and all-round wholeness. Reading the Bible well makes you mature and come to a depth of understanding. Whether you are seasoned and experienced, learned or unlearned, illiterate or a professor, man or woman, there are many things to learn from the Bible. The Bible is good food for everyone: a child, a young or old person, and no matter your profession or level of education.

I remember reading the story of Pastor EA Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). He had been solving some complex calculus towards his doctorate degree, but got to a point where he could not continue. And while in church one evening leading the Bible Study, he was reading from the Bible how Moses parted the Red Sea. Then he heard the Holy Spirit tell him, “That is exactly how to solve the calculation. Divide the calculus into two, solve them separately and bring the answers together.” That solved his PhD dissertation problem for good. That is how powerful the Bible is, my friend! Many people have used truths from the Bible to open up pathways to better life and massive prosperity for themselves.

You need to prayerfully read the Bible every day. When you open the Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to show you the wisdom you need in any and all aspects of your life. Because there are truths contained in the Bible that can help you navigate through every area of life and win. The Bible is still the best book on leadership, finance, business, marriage and the like. Open your heart to the wisdom of God in the Bible and see how much He blesses you.

*Prayer*
Father, baptise me afresh with the Spirit of Wisdom.

*Declaration*
I declare in Jesus’ name that I am anointed. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me; the Spirit of wisdom and quick understanding. I have more understanding than my teachers, and I see wondrous things in the Word by the help of the Holy Spirit Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, September 15, 2023

*THE PURITY-GROWTH CORRELATION*

*Psalm 15:1-5 NKJV*
_Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart; he who does not backbite with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbour, nor does he take up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he honours those who fear the Lord; he who swears to his own hurt and does not change; he who does not put out his money at usury, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved._

Purity is a central quality of Christlikeness. Christ is the human embodiment of God’s expected standard of purity. Note the emphasis on the word “human”; Christ typified absolute purity not as deity but as a mortal man, hence eliminating the allowance for excuses. Yes, unlike other men, He was born without sin, being born of a virgin and without the agency of any man. But like other men, he was equally born into a world of sin, one in which the prince of the world, Satan, ruled. Notwithstanding, while in mortal flesh, in this sin-ridden and sin-ruled world, Christ conducted Himself in a manner that the prince of this world came and found nothing akin to sin in Him (Luke 14:30).

Christ lived that way not only to please God the Father, but He also did it for you and me, to make a statement that “If as a man I could do it, then you can!”
Christ also taught in John 15:1-2 that the more growth a Christian would see, the purer he must become. For purity is prerequisite to growth, and more purity is prerequisite to more growth. The purer a Christian is, the more Christlike he is, therefore, the more growth he experiences.

The challenge, therefore, is that certain limiting habits, attitudes, tendencies, or even legitimate interests you dearly hold cannot escape with you into the next level of grace. While they may be overlooked at the current stage of growth, they are not permissible at the next.
The inescapability of this rule is forever established: the higher and farther a believer would go in his Christian walk, the purer he must become. For he who must draw near and ascend to the holy hill of God must treat Him as holy, coming with clean hands and a pure heart (Leviticus 10:3; Psalm 24:5).

*PRAYER*
Father, I submit myself for your scrutiny and purification. Sanctify me by Your truth in Jesus’ name.

*DECLARATION*
I prioritize my purity and sanctification, for this is the will of God. By the Spirit, I do away with every deed of unrighteousness and I increase in Christlikeness.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:57am On Sep 16, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, September 16, 2023

*PRAYING FOR THE UNKNOWN*

*Ephesians 6:18 KJV*
_Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;_

*1 Corinthian 14:14-15 KJV*
_For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also._

In line with Jesus’ command that men ought to always pray and not faint (Luke 18:1), in the verses above Paul is charging us to always pray and supplicate in the Spirit for all saints. That, to me, is a very high command, because how do you pray for all saints? There is certainly no way one can know all the saints of God in their city, let alone their country, all continents, and the underground church in China and the Middle-East nations. Therefore, the only way we can pray effectively for all saints is to pray all types of prayer with both our understanding and in other tongues. Of course, most of the issues we are to pray about – both for God’s will and against Satan’s plans – are in the realm of the unknown, even for our personal lives, hence praying in tongues helps us to deal with them with precision. Therefore, the best and most effective way to pray about any matter is to do so in the Spirit.

Praying in tongues should be the default prayer language and the preferred prayer option of the Spirit-filled new creation in Christ. When you pray in tongues, you are settling matters in the spirit realm before they happen. And after praying, don’t just leave your prayers in the realm of the unknown, also pray for the interpretation so you can decode the mind of God for the season and days ahead.

In addition, most times when we spend time praying in the Spirit, we intercede for other people without knowing it. A story that comes to mind is a farmer whose daughter was away on missionary work in another country. One morning he had a strong prayer burden and began to pray in the Spirit from about 7.00 a.m. and couldn’t stop until the sun went down. He stayed in prayer until he got a note of victory (joy) in his heart, then he got up and noted the time. Eventually, when the daughter returned, she told her father that she had died on that particular day he was led to pray, and when they adjusted for time difference they realized that she came back to life at the exact time he got the note of victory. The man was actually praying for his daughter without knowing it. There are times the Spirit of God will put burdens in your heart to pray for other people that are facing some sort of problems that you may not know about. I have had such instances in my life when I had a nudge to pray and fast, praying in an unknown tongue, and mostly towards the end God tells me what I was praying for. One time He told me I was praying for the preservation of my brother-in-law’s life. So, this season and in the days ahead, pray much in tongues to enter into the things God has prepared for you, and avert the enemy’s plans. When we pray for the future, the answer waits for us before we get there.

*Prayer*
Father, fill me afresh with the Holy Spirit and grant me supernatural utterance in the place of prayer.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am full of the Spirit and I yield to the Holy Ghost to pray effectively with all supplication for all saints in Christ!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, September 17, 2023

*HOW TO WALK ON WATER*

*Matthew 14:25-26 NKJV*
_Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear._

*Proverbs 30:19 NKJV*
_The way of an eagle in the air; The way of a serpent upon a rock; The way of a ship in the midst of the sea; And the way of a man with a maid._

Walking on water is one of the most outstanding miracles in the life and ministry of Jesus. Yes, Jesus did many powerful miracles, signs and wonders, but, to my mind, the account of Him walking on the sea remains one of the most fascinating miracles in the whole of scriptures.
Centuries prior, Solomon had admonished us to learn how to navigate the airspace like an eagle, which we have started doing with the aircraft; how to navigate tough terrains like a serpent on a rock, which people now do through mountain climbing and even quietly going through hardship with ease; and thirdly how a ship navigates the sea, which Jesus clearly demonstrated by walking on a sea. Using another principle not known to man at the time, He achieved a feat only possible for ships.
To know how He did this, we must backtrack to all the things Jesus did before that moment. Not the things He did the evening before, but the things He'd done all His life up until that moment. Only this will give us a clue as to how to operate in that level of grace and splendour. Clearly, the first thing is aligning with and embracing your purpose in God. When you know why you are on earth and align with it, you create a system that causes everything in the universe – physical and spiritual – to be at your service towards fulfilling your assignment. That was exactly what happened to Moses when he entered Egypt to execute God’s assignment for his life; all of nature and its resources partnered to make him a supernatural being.

Secondly, stay passionate about your purpose and in your love for the people you’re sent to. Again, we see that in Jesus and Moses. Before Jesus walked on water He had multiplied bread and served the people in many ways. And thirdly, stay in the place of prayer to build intimacy with God, capacity to believe for anything, and to tune your spirit to Him. That night, Jesus had prayed for hours, from about 6.00 p.m. to about 3.00 a.m. It was from the place of prayer that He went straight to walking on the sea. However, that didn’t result from a one-night prayer, but a lifestyle of prayer built over years. Learn to pray intermittently, at night, and for long.

Another thing you need to do is to activate your god-mode. This means switching on the spirit-life inside you, so you can do things that mere mortals can’t. There, you will see and act like God, and fear will disappear. You do this by being a man of the Word – rooted in, attuned to and constantly speaking the Word. The Word changes your altitude of living, and you can bring others into your experience.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, teach me to live in the supernatural every day.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I am supernatural, I activate my god-mode, and I walk in the Spirit all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, September 18, 2023

*THE IMPENITENT SON*

*Luke‬ 15‬: 31‬-32‬ TPT‬‬*
_The father said, ‘My son, you are always with me by my side. Everything I have is yours to enjoy. It’s only right to rejoice and celebrate like this, because your brother was once dead and gone, but now he is alive and back with us again. He was lost, but now he is found!_

When we hear the phrase "prodigal son," our minds immediately recall the familiar parable shared by Jesus in Luke 15:11-32. It is a powerful story of redemption, forgiveness, and the overwhelming love of a father for his wayward son. However, there is another story within this passage that often goes unnoticed—the story of the older brother, the impenitent son.

In the parable, the younger son demands his share of the inheritance and squanders it in reckless living. He hits rock bottom and decides to return home, hoping for mercy and restoration. His father, filled with compassion, welcomes him back with open arms and celebrates his return.
Meanwhile, the older brother is out in the field. When he hears about the celebration for his wayward sibling, he becomes angry and refuses to join the festivities. In verse 28, he says to his father, "Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends."

The older brother's reaction reveals a heart consumed by self-righteousness and a lack of understanding of his father's love and grace. While the younger son repented and sought forgiveness, the older brother harboured bitterness, resentment, and a sense of entitlement. This attitude clouded his judgement and blinded his eyes to his true identity and reality; everything his father had was indeed his.

This story serves as a cautionary tale for us. It challenges us to examine our hearts and attitudes, particularly in our interactions with those who have gone astray or stumbled in their faith. Are we quick to extend grace and forgiveness, or do we exhibit a judgmental and self-righteous spirit? It is easy to identify with the prodigal son. We all have experienced moments of wandering and seeking forgiveness. However, the character of the older brother presents a different challenge. Are we willing to recognize our own self-righteousness and confront the “impenitent son” within us?
Jesus intended this parable to teach us valuable lessons about the heart of God and His love for the lost. He desired to expose the danger of self-righteousness and remind us that none of us is without sin and in need of grace. Romans 3:23 declares, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." We must acknowledge our own need for forgiveness and guard against the temptation to become like the older brother.
We are called to extend grace and mercy just as our Heavenly Father does. In Ephesians 4:32, we are instructed, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." This command encompasses both the prodigal and the impenitent son within us and in others.

Let us remember that God's love and grace are not limited to the prodigals who return. They also extend to the impenitent hearts that have yet to grasp the depth of His forgiveness. Our role as believers is to demonstrate the love of Christ, to be patient and compassionate, and to pray for those who have yet to fully embrace the grace of God.

*Prayer*
Dear Father, search my heart and my ways, if there be any wicked way, take me to Your everlasting love and have mercy on me, in Jesus’ Name.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that my heart is pure. My thoughts are pure and true within me, and I see men the way God sees them in Jesus’ Name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:11am On Sep 19, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, September 19, 2023

*CHRISTLIKENESS*

*Galatians 5:22 KJV*
_But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law._

*1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NKJV*
_Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away._

The disciples of Jesus were first called Christians in Antioch because they were observed to behave like Jesus in everything (Acts 11:26). The life of Jesus had rubbed off on them as followers of His manner and way of living. This is exactly how we ought to live as Christians, our ways and manner of living should reflect that we are followers of Jesus. People should notice and call us Christians before we announce that we are one. A true follower of Jesus cannot be hidden. He said we should let our lights shine. You cannot hide that you are a Christian if you’re truly one, it must show.
Christianity cannot be faked because it is a total transformation that happens in the heart and invariably affects one’s thoughts, words and actions. Galatians 5:22 reveals the fruit of the Spirit, which are essentially character attributes that must be found in the lives of Christians. There are nine of them, and these virtues will be seen in our lives only as we yield ourselves to the workings of the Holy Spirit.

The first virtue is love. It’s the God-kind of love that considers other people more than ourselves without expecting anything in return. Thankfully, we all have the virtue of love in us, but it needs to be worked out. God’s Spirit in us produces unconditional love for God and for others. Therefore, when we love, we must focus on God to bless us, not the persons we showed love to.

Another virtue that must be seen in us is Joy, which is an inner confidence based on knowing our placement in Christ. Joy is not necessarily happiness, not dependent on happenings around us, but an assurance hinged on God’s Word. Equally, as followers of Christ we must always be patient and confident in our trust in God. Patience is the ability in the Spirit to wait on God’s perfect timing even when personal agenda seems to be failing.

God also expects us to be kind. In fact, even non-Christians expect us to be kindhearted. Isn’t that amazing? The world is watching our character. At times, it is our character that will minister to them and lead them to salvation.
Furthermore, the Spirit empowers us to do the right thing in every circumstance, expressing goodness. Also, God is faithful, and as His children we have the ability to be so, too. Faithfulness is simply endurance driven by trust. As people of God, we must trust God whole-heatedly and keep going in the right direction even when we don’t fully understand all He is doing.

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for making me in your image and giving me the Holy Spirit, and for Your grace that empowers me to walk and grow in the fruit of the Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

*Declarations*
I walk in the grace of God. I walk in the footsteps of Jesus. My attitude points people to Christ. My life testifies of the goodness of God. I grow into the fullness of God. My life reflects the light of God.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:16am On Sep 20, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, September 20, 2023

*STAY IN THE LOVE OF GOD*

*Jude 1:17-23 NKJV*
_But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh._

We must be mindful of the warnings given over 2,000 years ago by the apostles of Jesus concerning the events and attitudes of people in the last days, as well as the posture and disposition of the saints of God towards surviving the onslaught of darkness. The warnings were centred around the culture of ungodliness and disdain for the things of God. Speaking by the Spirit, the Apostles warned that in the last days men will become mockers of God. That is, men will laugh at God and His holy ways, and unrepentantly indulge in the things He hates, which are against His will. They will also be haters of those who live for God. And they will seek to make popular, common and cultural practices that are contrary to the laws of God.

Indeed, we are living in those days. We're living with and around people who are totally carnal. People without the Holy Spirit. Men and women given to vain appetites, nudeness, lust and immorality. We're living in a crooked and perverse generation. Therefore, more than ever before we must be on guard, stay tuned to and in never-ending fellowship with the Holy Spirit. We must equally indulge ourselves in spiritual exercises that help to build us to stay spiritually strong, sensitive and secure. We do this by building ourselves up through praying in the Holy Ghost and with the Word of God. The ministries of prayer and the Word are the twin ministries that will combine to build us up to be able to withstand and survive in these last days. So we must make it a culture to pray in the Spirit and to systematically study the Word of God daily. These will help us to stay strong and secure in the love of God, which is the most important place to be in these last days. The Holy Spirit supplies that love of God within our hearts.

We must consciously operate in love: Love for God, His Kingdom and His people. By this you'll be able to both insure yourself and be able to help rescue people that are being carried away by the flood of the times. It takes a strong man to deliver another from a demonic stronghold, and to ensure that he doesn't get corrupted by their filthiness while delivering them. So, stay in the love of God through the Holy Spirit and God’s Word inside you.

*Prayer*
Father, we ask that Your power be activated to help us stay tuned to and operate fully in the Spirit and Your Word in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that I am strong. I stay in the love of God. I operate by the Spirit. I stay within the ambit of the Word of God and of the Spirit of love, in Jesus’ name! Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:15am On Sep 21, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, September 21, 2023

*THE RELEVANCE AND IMPACT OF THE CHURCH*

*Isaiah 1:16-17 NKJV*
_Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, rebuke the oppressor; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow._

*Exodus 22:22-24 NKJV*
_You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. If you afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry; and My wrath will become hot, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless._

*I John 3:17 NKJV*
_But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?_

The role of the church in the life of the 21st century believer cannot be overemphasised. There is a void in the life of every man that only the church can fill. In this world of ever-increasing problems, tragedies and pressures weighing in on the minds of believers, the church is supposed and expected to proffer Bible-based solutions to the problems in the lives of people, that is, provide the “spiritual fix.”

Secular brands and organisations that stand the test of time do many things right. Principal among them is that they maintain relevance. As Christians we are no exceptions. Our churches should be beyond the gathering of believers. There should be a difference in the community because the church exists, and if left for some reason there should be a void that is felt. Regrettably, that’s not often the case; we have become more about the preservation of church traditions than about community transformation. But you see, relevant impact should be the tool of the church, while the proclamation of the gospel is the goal – great commission. The church is more than musical gadgets, state-of-the-art facilities or gathering of large numbers of people listening to sermons that excite them. The church is essentially an institution of change; the lifeline of any society.
As seen in the Old Testament, God cares about the poor and the oppressed, particularly widows and orphans (Isaiah 1:16-17, Exodus 22:22-24). God acted by devising programs to reduce increasing inequality between the rich and the poor, such as the jubilee year when everyone could return to their original land which might have been lost (Leviticus 25:10-17). And in the New Testament, the ministry of Jesus demonstrated evangelism and social assistance hand-in-hand. He went about teaching as well as helping the poor and healing the sick (Luke 18:22). His disciples continued in these acts (Acts 3:5-7, I John 3:17).

Evangelism and social responsibility are two hands of our gospel and should not be separated, for the gospel is the root and evangelism and social responsibility are the fruits. Be a part of what God is doing in your community through your local church. Be part of a cell/house fellowship. Contribute to the charity purse for the needy. Get involved in communal efforts that bring about positive change. Volunteer when the need arises and actively participate in the overall strategy of social relevance.

*Prayer*
Father, by Your Holy Spirit, baptize my local church with the grace to be committed towards preaching the gospel and being socially responsible in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that I am totally sold out to the cause of the gospel; evangelising and being socially relevant. I am strong in the Lord and I do great exploits in His name. I will not turn my eyes away from the needy and helpless. I have more than enough to meet my needs and to help the poor around me in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*

Friday, September 22, 2023

*UNDERSTANDING CHRISTIAN GROWTH*

*Ephesians 4:13-15 NKJV*
_Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ._

Growth in the Christian journey is an inescapable requirement for continued grace and relevance. God scarcely tolerates stuntedness. In Luke 3:9, John the Baptist sharply declared, “And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.” Corroborating this sharp declaration, the Lord Jesus in John 15:1-2 says, “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.” These scriptures establish that if the Christian must keep enjoying divine grace, provision and fellowship, he must ensure to grow commensurate to God’s expected standard for him at every stage of life and Christian walk.

It is necessary to clarify what Christian growth means before we go any further. The concept of growth is usually relative to an established standard. Economic growth, for instance, is a measure of certain indices, such as gross domestic product, relative to an established standard for the country in question. An economy is said to be growing not only by the presence of activities or outputs but to the extent to which it measures in relation to the established standards. For the Christian, the standard of growth is Christ — His person, His love, His inner character and His power, as we read in Ephesians 4:13-15. Hence, a Christian is said to be growing only to the extent to which he resembles Christ in love, in character and in power. This clarity on the concept of Christian growth helps to disabuse and refocus the mind on what growth really means for the Christian. Christian growth equates to Christlikeness; nothing less, nothing more.

A burning question that comes to mind therefore is — “How much of Christ have you become over the past one week, one month, one year, or since you became a Christian?” That is the true measure of your growth. So, are you growing as a Christian?

*PRAYER*
Father, open my eyes to see my true state in You in Jesus’ name.

*DECLARATION*
By the Spirit, I am a fruitful branch. I produce fruit that is in keeping with repentance. I produce more fruit according to the desire of the Father. I grow into Christ in love, in character, in power, and in all things, in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, September 23, 2023

*UNDERSTANDING THE PRAYER WATCHES*

*Mathew 24:43 MSG*
_But you do know this: You know that if the homeowner had known what time of night the burglar would arrive, he would have been there with his dogs to prevent the break-in._

*Luke 21: 36 MSG*
_So, whatever you do, don’t go to sleep at the switch. Pray constantly that you will have the strength and wits to make it through everything that’s coming and end up on your feet before the Son of Man._

*1 Peter 4:7 MSG*
_Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer._

The Bible speaks of watches as set times of the day and the night. The watches are made up of three-hour blocks, totalling eight watches in each 24-hour cycle. The first watch is 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m., the second is 9.00 a.m. to 12 noon, and on and on. The Jews adopted the watches from the then Roman system of keeping time, according to their tradition. Each watch represents a prayer window, meaning they are times to stand and watch over your family, your city, your marriage, your church, your business and finances, etc.

Praying is different from watching, which is why the Bible teaches us to watch and pray. In watching, you are paying keen attention to pick up spiritual signals on what the enemy is planning and to also know what God is doing and His will for you per season. Once you pick the signal on the devil’s plans, you can then press into God in prayer to neutralise them. A good example was when Jesus told Peter that Satan had desired to have and sift him like wheat, but He had prayed for his faith to not fail. In other words, Jesus watched and foresaw the enemy’s plan against Peter and neutralised it in prayer. So, watching causes us to see spiritual happenings around us and tackle them in the place of prayer. Each prayer watch (or window) is an opportunity to engage and transact in the spirit realm.
The Bible is full of significant events that happened during these watches. Also, the hour of prayer was 9.00 a.m., 12 noon, 3.00 p.m., which are within the second, third and fourth watches of the day. Of significance, Jesus was nailed to the cross by 9.00 a.m., at 12 noon darkness fell on the land, and at 3.00 p.m. He gave up the ghost. These were not coincidental; they tell the significance of the prayer watches, and we need to be sensitive to them. And in addition, the midnight hour is a very significant prayer watch.

It does not necessarily mean that prayer gets better answers during these hours, but by the design of the spirit realm some issues are better dealt with at night and some others at particular time windows. Remember the Passover in Egypt, the angel of death moved to kill all the firstborns in Egypt at exactly midnight. Paul and Silas also waited for midnight to come before they could break free from their chains. This suggests to us that angelic and spiritual activities are heightened at night. Recall that it is while men sleep that the enemy operates. Hence, it is really the best time to really pray. Take advantage of the night watches especially.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to understand times and seasons as they open to me, and help me to number my days and apply my heart to wisdom.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I receive wisdom, and I am attentive, smart, awake and not asleep. I take advantage of and maximise times and opportunities every time they’re presented to me, in Jesus’ name!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, September 24, 2023

*GUARD YOUR HEART*

*Proverbs 4:23 NKJV*
_Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life._

*Matthew 22:37 NKJV*
_Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.”_

Your heart is the driver of your life. It is so crucial to your wellbeing that you cannot afford for it to be weak or corrupt, or to allow an evil seed inside it. Your biological heart and your spiritual heart are the centres of your life. Your biological heart keeps you physically alive, while your spiritual heart keeps you connected to God, ensures that the issues of life are properly handled and the resources you need for life are channelled to you.

When your spiritual heart is polluted and closed, you experience perpetual darkness and closed doors. When it is good and open, you experience light, supplies and all-around progress. The state of your heart determines the state of your life, your finances, and your relationships. It also determines the quality of the family you're able to build, the kind of health that you have, and the quality of faith that you cultivate. Ultimately, if your heart is not right, you will lack what it takes to build great faith. That means you cannot absorb the Word of God that translates to faith, prosperity, goodness, mercy, favour and breakthroughs.

Your heart is the gateway of access into your life. God channels whatever He wants to bring into your life through your heart. Therefore, it is essential to guard your heart. Guarding your heart is your duty – with the help of the Holy Spirit, of course. It requires you to be very diligent and vigilant, because Satan, the enemy of your soul, will always seek to break down your defence systems. The Bible says the spirit of a man that is uncontrolled is like a city without walls. So, it is that control, guarding, that ensures that you are protected and hedged in. When your walls are broken down, you’re vulnerable. The enemy can attack you from any angle and steal from you, or even kill you at will. But this cannot happen if and when your heart is guarded. Therefore, you must ensure that you keep your heart free from strife, offence, corrupt imaginations, pride, anxiety and worries. These are vices marshalled against us from the pit of hell to break down our defence systems.

One thing Satan is good at is baiting us with seemingly legitimate offences from people close to us, and once you bite that bait and allow strife in, you give Satan room to break down your hedge and make you vulnerable. Never give in to the weaknesses of offence, worries, anxiety and fears, else you will be giving Satan an opening to enter and wreak havoc in your life. So, you must guard your heart, soul and mind by being filled with love and garrisoned by the peace of God. And when the love and peace of God are inside you, your projections, thoughts and imaginations will be continually good and the enemy will have no space to penetrate your life.

*Prayer*
Father, teach me by the help of Your Spirit to guard my heart.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that my heart is filled with love, peace, energy and passion. I receive the grace to understand and to absorb the Word of God. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, September 25, 2023

*LOVE HAS NO BOUNDARIES*

*Romans‬ 5‬:5‬ AMPC‬‬*
_Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us._

Love is a powerful force that transcends boundaries, defies limitations, and knows no barriers. True love that surpasses human understanding and extends beyond cultural, social and personal differences. The depth of God's love for us demonstrates this truth, reminding us that love has no boundaries.
In the Scriptures, we find numerous passages that reveal the boundless nature of God's love. One such verse is Romans 8:38-39, which states, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." This powerful declaration assures us that nothing can separate us from the limitless love of God.

God's love is not confined by time or space. It is not limited by our past mistakes or our future uncertainties. His love reaches beyond the realm of human comprehension and embraces us in our brokenness and imperfections. Ephesians 3:18-19 encourages us to "grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge." This verse invites us to explore the dimensions of God's love, knowing that it surpasses all human understanding.
Furthermore, God's love transcends cultural and social boundaries. In Acts 10:34-35, Peter declares, "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right." God's love is not limited to a specific ethnicity, nationality, or social status. It embraces people from every nation, tribe, and tongue. It breaks down the walls of division and unites us as one body in Christ.

Jesus Himself exemplified the boundless nature of God’s love through His actions and teachings. He extended love to those considered outcasts and marginalised by society. He dined with tax collectors and sinners, healed the sick, and showed compassion to the needy. His love knew no boundaries, and He calls us to do the same. Jesus commands His disciples In John 13:34-35, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this, everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another."

As believers, we are called to embody this love that knows no boundaries. We are to love unconditionally, without prejudice or discrimination. We are to reach out to the hurting, the oppressed, and the brokenhearted, extending God's love to all. We are to love our neighbours as ourselves, regardless of their background, beliefs, or circumstances. Just as God's love for us knows no limits or conditions.

Love has the power to transform lives and bring healing to a broken world. It has the ability to bridge gaps, build relationships, and bring reconciliation. It is a force that unites, uplifts, and inspires. Love breaks down walls and brings people together in harmony and understanding. Therefore, let us open our hearts and embrace the depth of God's love, then allow it to overflow and touch the lives of those around us.

*Prayer*
In Jesus’ Name, Father, may we be conduits of Your love, breaking down barriers and spreading the transformative power of Your boundless love in our communities and beyond.

*Declaration*
I am patient and kind. I am never envious or puffed up. I do not take or keep record of the wrongs I suffer, nor do I meditate on evil. I decree and declare that I am love personified.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, September 26, 2023

*THE WISE ONE*

*Proverbs 11:14 KJV*
_Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety._

*1Corinthians 15:33 KJV*
_Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”_

The Bible says that where there is no counsel, the people fall, but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Getting the right counsel is very key to living a successful life. We are products of our environment, and the friends we hang out the most with influence the decisions we make through life. That is why it is key that we are surrounded by the right people. It is important we always have the right relationships. We must ensure that our circle of friends is good and wise. If you ask people that are addicted to smoking, alcohol, fornication and so on, they will tell you they were introduced to such lifestyles by friends.

The first thing we must do is ensure we keep a close relationship and fellowship with the Holy Spirit, who is our Counsellor. Whilst we don’t undermine the fact that God can use men to counsel us, we must ensure that we develop a close relationship with God so that when men counsel us it will be a confirmation of what God has already told us. That is, developing our spiritual sensitivity will help us know when we are getting the right counsel or otherwise. It will enable us to know what to do when any counsel comes.

Having a close relationship with the Godhead is the most important thing we must seek to do as believers. In this life, we will have to make many decisions, which no one can make for us. Decisions on whether to take a job, relocate, pursue a certain career, choose a life partner and so on. These decisions can be easily made when we have a good and close fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Also, God will connect us to spiritual fathers, mentors, covenant friends and destiny helpers. These relationships are very important in our lives and we must learn how to nurture and maintain them. Godly counsel can come from these people, as God can decide to speak to you through them. This ensures interdependency and keeps pride out of our hearts. Most times, the solution to the problems we are dealing with are in the hands of others, even within our circle. That is why it’s important we don’t walk alone, because no man is an island.

We can also get counsel from resources in the form of books, articles, messages, news, life events, etc. You will be surprised at what and who God will use to speak to that issue you are dealing with. We must learn to be open and not put God in a box. Know His word enough so you can discern when God is speaking through any medium. Also do not ignore those words, promptings and impressions that come. Look deeper, hear closely, that might just be a solution you have been seeking for years. Ultimately, be assured that if you seek counsel, God will give it to you directly or through persons that will get it to you.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to seek direction and counsel from You and from the right persons. Lead me to the right people in whose mouths You have put my words, in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I hear well. I am wise. I walk in the company of the wise. I have a close relationship with the Holy Spirit. I hear God’s word for me in the mouth of His sons and daughters, I follow godly instructions in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:56am On Sep 27, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, September 27, 2023

*KEEP THE FIRE BURNING*

*1 Thessalonians 5:19 NKJV*
_Do not quench the Spirit._

“Do not quench the Spirit” is an express instruction to individual members of the Body of Christ and to a local assembly. We must all ensure that the fire of God we received at the baptism of the Holy Spirit stays burning. Individually, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and collectively as a church we are lively stones that build up God’s dwelling place on earth.

Within our individual and collective temples, the fire of God must keep on burning. For the Spirit of God dwells in us, and we must be conducive for His stay. We must be diligent to uphold the express instruction given to the priests in Leviticus 6:12 (Easy to Read Version): “The fire that is on the altar must never stop burning. Every morning the priest must put wood on it. He must also put on it the gifts and the fat of the friendship offerings.” We must adopt the diligence of the priests of old to ensure that our individual and corporate fires don’t stop burning. We do this by walking in love towards all men. The enemy will periodically raise strife and troubles and issues within your relationships with your spouse, your parents, your children, your colleagues, members of your local assembly, etc., all seeking to quench your fire. This is because he knows that nothing quenches our fire faster than strife. We must stay free from strife, therefore.

You must also ensure that you keep the oil of joy flowing, for it keeps our spiritual flame aglow just as natural fire needs fuel to stay ablaze. And thirdly, you must pray without ceasing. Prayer is oxygen to the fire of the Spirit. If you stop praying diligently and consistently, you’ve cut off the sustenance supply of your spiritual fire, so it will quench in no time.

Next, you must maintain an attitude of gratitude, always reflecting on the goodness of God. Spending quality time in His presence – giving thanks, singing, dancing and celebrating – is another way to maintain the fire of God in your life. And most importantly, the Word of God is the equivalent of the wood that the priests put into the fire in the temple to keep it burning. Same way, paying attention to the Word of God by meditating on it and declaring it keeps our fire burning. And finally, walking in holiness and godliness. The enemy will do everything to push you into disobedience and sin, and the target is to put out your fire. But you must always remember that keeping your fire burning will keep beasts and flies away from your territory. Flies don’t perch on a burning stove. Likewise, Satan will have no access to a life that is burning with the fire of God.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, help me to stay in You and in the Spirit so that my fire doesn’t ever go out.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that the hand of God is upon me. I walk in love, I stay free from strife, I pray without ceasing, I pay attention to the Word, and I walk in God's holiness and godliness all the days of my life. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:23am On Sep 28, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, September 28, 2023

*LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM THE LIFE OF JESUS*

*Mark 10:35-38, 41-45*
_Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, “Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask.” And He said to them, “What do you want Me to do for you?” They said to Him, “Grant us that we may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on Your left, in Your glory” And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”_

Jesus’s life and ministry remain the perfect example of everything about life and living. Without doubt, Jesus is the greatest leader that ever lived. He did not write a book, build a castle, build monuments, or immortalise Himself with anything physical, yet His leadership has transcended thousands of generations. Right now on earth, there is no singular person, living or dead, that has more followers than Jesus. And He has more books and more songs written about him than anybody else who ever lived.

In the days of His flesh Jesus was a fantastic leader, and He has continued even after His ascension, and He is the leader of His church till tomorrow. He remains a perfect example of leadership for us as Christians and for anyone who cares to learn from Him. In fact, many secular leaders have drawn their leadership philosophy from Jesus, one of them being Mahatma Gandhi who drew his Non-resistance and Peace movement from Jesus’ teachings. So, it is wisdom for us to learn some leadership lessons from the life of Jesus.

1. Servant leadership: Jesus was a servant leader. When the disciples asked Him who should be the greatest and the leader, Jesus told them to learn from Him as their Master who served them, not learn from the world. He washed their feet and provided for their needs, showing that true leadership is serving the people you lead, being sensitive to their needs and doing everything within your power to meet them.

Jesus told the sons of Zebedee who asked to occupy strategic positions within the organisation that if they wanted that they had to be ready to drink His cup. And the cup Jesus had to drink was the cross; He had to die on the cross not for Himself, but for the world. That was sacrificial servant leadership at its finest expression! That is the hallmark of leadership, where you are willing to throw yourself on the line and sacrifice for your team.

2. Humility: When it comes to true leadership, you do not push yourself forward; you submit yourself to the laws of the organisation and are not above the law. When Jesus was told to get baptised, He willingly submitted to the process. Humility, therefore, suggests that there is nothing in you or that you have achieved that you are not ready to lay down in order to set a proper example. It comes with the understanding that it is God who elects, appoints and promotes, hence you undertake whatever position and responsibility assigned to you with joy and gratitude.

*Prayer*
Father, I ask that you put in me the wisdom to be a servant leader, a Spirit-filled leader, a selfless leader, and a humble leader in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that I am full of wisdom; my heart is that of a servant, I am sacrificial, humble, and selfless in Jesus’ name!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, September 29, 2023

*THE PURITY-FAITH CONNECTION*

*James 4:8 NKJV*
_Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded._

In James 1:6-8, Apostle James asserts that anyone who doubts is double-minded and hence lacking in faith. If double-mindedness is opposite to faith, it should be logical that the cure for double-mindedness would be faith itself. But surprisingly, the Apostle states in chapter 4:8 that the cure for double-mindedness is not just faith but purity of heart. What connection then does purity of heart have to do with faith?
We find the answer in Psalm 24:3-4: “Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart…” There they go again, the clean hands and pure heart duo, just like Apostle James alluded. In the Psalm, purity of heart is singled out as a requirement to both ascend and stand in the presence of the LORD. To stand in the presence of the LORD is to be of faith, for whosoever must come to God must believe that He is (Hebrews 11:6). Moreover, the Lord Jesus taught that “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew 5: 8 ). In other words, it takes purity of heart to possess the capacity to see God, which is essentially a function of faith.

Faith comes easier to the heart that is pure. Purity of heart connotes a heart that is genuinely repentant, a contrite heart, truly humbled, submissive, open and willing, devoid of any contaminant that could either hinder the entrance of faith or choke the seed of faith sown in the heart. The purified heart is the prepared heart, and only the prepared heart can receive from the LORD. Conversely, the unpurified heart is unprepared for the precious seed of faith. By virtue of the unrepentance, the impurities and the corrupting influences present, such heart is incapable to receive from the LORD. It is of such that the LORD said in Matthew 13:15, “For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes — so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.”

The case is like that of hard water. Just as impurity in water hardens it, thereby rendering soap ineffective, impurity in the heart renders the seed of faith ineffective.
Therefore, condoning or celebrating sin in the heart is not just a problem of grieving God, it is a problem of incapacitation, whereby the believer is made incapable of receiving, building and standing in faith.

*PRAYER*
Father, strengthen me to purify my heart, cleansing it from every contaminating influence in Jesus’ name.

*DECLARATION*
I maintain a pure heart and I am thus able to receive and grow the seed of faith!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, September 30, 2023

*THE PROFITS OF WISDOM*

*Ecclesiastes 10:10 NKJV*
_If the ax is dull, and one does not sharpen the edge, then he must use more strength; but wisdom brings success._

*Proverbs 3:13-18 NKJV*
_Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; for her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, and her gain than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies, and all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. Length of days is in her right hand, in her left hand riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are all who retain her._

Wisdom is principal and essential to living well, so the scriptures advise us to get both wisdom and understanding. The reason is that wisdom delivers a lot of benefits, profits. The returns of wisdom are better than gold, silver and rubies.
One of the things wisdom delivers is direction. The Bible says wisdom is profitable to direct, meaning that when you are wise, your steps are ordered and directed by wisdom. Wisdom will cause you to walk in the paths of righteousness and good life. Happiness is another return of wisdom; the Bible says happy are those that find wisdom. More so, once you have wisdom in your heart, all things will ultimately work out positively and for your good.

Another thing that wisdom delivers is long life. Long life is not automatic, it is a product of wisdom. And one of the instructions wisdom will give you in order for you to enjoy a long life is to honour your parents and keep your mouth from speaking guile. In other words, wisdom will help you avoid the things that cut people’s lives short.

Riches are another profit of wisdom. It makes you innovative and creative, leading to becoming rich. As we all know, God used wisdom to create the world. The wise are creative, innovative, know how to make money, and understand the path of wealth, hence they are money magnets. Remember Solomon, he was the wisest and the richest in his time.

Furthermore, wisdom delivers favour, sound judgement, and causes you to be attractive to people, enjoy favour and carry yourself with dignity and self-respect. In addition, peace is a profit of wisdom. You are able to settle issues and live in peace with people, especially your spouse. When you are wise, you cannot have crises with people. Wisdom teaches you how to make even your enemies to be at peace with you.
Of course there are many other profits of wisdom that we cannot exhaust here. But I encourage you to desire and ask God for wisdom, as James 1:5 admonishes us to do. Wisdom will make you very productive and fruitful in your life, even in your old age. It is wisdom, therefore, not only to get wisdom but to also retain wisdom, because retaining wisdom keeps all these benefits permanently in your life.

*Prayer*
Father, baptise me with the Spirit of wisdom and help me to retain Him.

*Declaration*
I am filled with the Spirit of wisdom. I enjoy all the returns and profits wisdom delivers. My heart is enlarged, my steps are ordered by the Lord. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, October 1, 2023

*CELEBRATING GREAT GRACE*

*Acts 4:33 NKJV*
_And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all._

*2 Corinthians 9:8 NKJV*
_And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work._

Welcome to the glorious month of October! October is a special month for us as Nigerians. It was on a day like this, 63 years ago, that we gained independence from Britain. Even more, it is extra special for us here at Holyhill Church, because our church was inaugurated on October 30, 2011. The last 13 years can only be described as years of enjoyment of great grace in the order of the Apostles’ experience. Every October we are reminded of God’s faithfulness, God’s love, and the wonders of His grace. And indeed, we are always moved from our current level of grace to a higher level. For in God and in Christ, we can only go from glory to glory, from faith to faith, from victory to victory and from grace to grace. Proverbs 4:18 says, “But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.”
October has been prophetically declared for us as our month of celebrating great grace. We have seen the abundant grace of God in our individual lives and our church family. Indeed, it is a month of celebration for us. We are celebrating the mercies, goodness, faithfulness, love and favour of God in our lives. We are celebrating the healings and miracles we have experienced.

The breakthroughs, new marriages and so many other testimonies. God has been good to us. Every day of the month you should be mindful of the abundance of grace that is available to you in Christ. And whatever situation you may find yourself in right now, the same great grace that has carried us for the past 13 years is made available to you in Jesus’ mighty name! You are coming out of it in the twinkle of an eye!
In this month of celebrating great grace, you will enjoy the same mercies, favours, love and faithfulness we have enjoyed as a church. This will be your month of unending celebrations. You must, however, position yourself to let it rest upon you. Be in the right place (God’s presence) and prepare your heart to receive from Him. And you shall celebrate the goodness of God.

Celebrating the great grace that we have enjoyed all these years is one of the ways to tap into more of the grace. Take out time to thank God for His goodness in your life and for His mighty wonders in our church since that evening in October 2011. Singing, dancing, miracles and celebration will not end in our midst. Glory to God!

*Prayer*
Father, I thank You for Your grace upon my life, upon my family, upon our church and upon our dear country Nigeria.

*Declaration*
This October, we enjoy a higher dimension of the grace, goodness and mercies of God. His love is ever-new in our lives. Celebration will never cease in our lives, our families, our church and our country. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, October 2, 2023

*SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY*

*Matthew 15:8 KJV*
*This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.*

*Mark 5:31 KJV*
_And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?_

Proximity does not necessarily translate to intimacy. For instance, you can be talking to someone beside you but they are absent-minded and not hearing what you’re saying. This happens to many of us in the presence of God. Recall that in Jesus’ ministry, He once entered into the very house of prayer and found that no prayer was happening there; instead, the place had been converted to a business centre. Likewise, you can find people who attend a very prayerful church but are spiritually dead – prayerless and wordless. We need to understand that our heart connection and posture is very important in our walk with God.

The woman in the second scripture above touched Jesus in her heart before she got to the crusade ground, unlike the multitude that were merely thronging Him. Simon the leper retained his title as a leper for lack of honour. Because dishonour has the inherent capacity to disconnect a person from an anointing that could change their situation. That is, they are physically present with the anointed but absent with their heart. When it comes to our dealings with spiritual matters, the state of our heart vetoes the acceptance or otherwise of every physical activity we render to God.

How horrible it was for Judas who mistook proximity for intimacy until gold dust entered his eyes. Nothing distances a man like an unhealthy heart posture. Apostle Paul, on the other hand, never met Jesus in person but his heart posture was so accurate that the very first thing he said during his encounter was ask, ”Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?” Acts 9:6 (KJV) reads: “And he trembling and astonished said, ‘Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?’ And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.”

Only the doers truly get blessed in this kingdom. If you know and don’t do, you don’t know, and so won’t get the blessing. Apostle Paul was closer to Jesus than Thomas and Judas by every standard. How could Thomas be demanding to touch the wound before believing, unlike Apostle Paul who never met Jesus in the flesh yet put his life on the line every time to carry out Jesus’ mission. Similarly, that Elisha who got the double portion of Elijah’s anointing was not able to raise a successor remains a concern that baffles Bible scholars. But why did that happen? The only person who stood a chance, Gehazi, was willing to run all kinds of errands, but with a disconnected heart. So he lost his place in the scheme of things due to an unhealthy heart posture. May we get our hearts postured right!

*Prayer*
Father Lord, help me to know You beyond my five senses. Reveal Yourself to me in a new way.

*Declaration*
In Jesus' name, I declare that my spirit is in accurate tangent and frequency with the Father. I have a walking-talking relationship with the Holy Ghost daily. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, October 3, 2023

*COME AS YOU ARE*

*Ephesians 2:19 NKJV*
_Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God._

*2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV*
_For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him._

Salvation means to be delivered or rescued from peril. It means to be saved by God from the consequences of our sins. It is God showing us great mercies by preventing us from experiencing the punishment we deserve. When we think of salvation, we must relate it to these: what we are saved from, what we are saved to, and who we are saved by. Also, we must think of our salvation in stages: past, present and future. Hence, we are saved, we are being saved, and we shall be saved. Salvation speaks of receiving deliverance from our greatest problem, namely the many consequences of our sin against a holy God.

By whom are we saved? We are saved by Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is referred to as our Lord and Saviour. He is the only One that can save us. He doesn’t want you to clean yourself up before you come to Him. He wants you to come as you are and He will wash and clean you up with His precious blood. You will be clean and pure. He wants you to come now, because NOW is your time for salvation. Even if you are already saved, continually run towards Him. When you make mistakes and sin, His arms are wide open to receive you. And like a child learning to walk, He will keep washing you and helping you until you can stand strong in Him.

Salvation is not only being saved from something, it is also being saved to someone. We are saved from sin and brought to God. We are translated from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of His dear Son, Jesus. We have been delivered from the powers of darkness, we are now sons of God and enjoy all the benefits of being children of light. We have been set free, we are rescued from bondage and brought into freedom. We were saved from wrath and brought into peace with God. The Bible consistently shows that the gospel brings life where sin once brought havoc and wreckage. Of all the many benefits of the gospel, the greatest one is that it brings us to God Himself. Glory to God. We are saved for a relationship.

God has overcome our greatest problems so that we could be brought into a relationship and fellowship with God. This point must not be taken for granted as it will determine a lot of our experiences here on earth and even in heaven.

*Prayer*
Father, please help me to always remember the main reason for my salvation which is to relate and fellowship with You. Father, help me to maintain an intimate relationship with You in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
My eyes see well. I am conscious of the main reason for my salvation. I am deliberate and passionate about my relationship with God. I give every area of my life to God and I withhold nothing from Him.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:48am On Oct 04, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, October 4, 2023

*SUCCESS IS TRANSFERABLE*

*Genesis 1:11 NKJV*
_Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so._

*1 Samuel 17:29-37, 40 NKJV*
_“Now what have I done?” said David. “Can’t I even speak?” He then turned away to someone else and brought up the same matter, and the men answered him as before. What David said was overheard and reported to Saul, and Saul sent for him. David said to Saul, “Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.” Saul replied, “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.” But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.” Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine._

The Genesis 1 account of creation provides a very powerful insight into the concept of success. God created all living things with the ability to reproduce themselves. The seed to produce a thing is always in itself. Therefore, in our success story lies the seed of producing other success stories. This inherent ability of success to replicate itself is why it is advisable to read biographies to glean the secrets of other people’s successes. It is also why the Bible contains accounts of people that succeeded and failed. Both scenarios contain lessons of what to do and what not to. From the stories of those who failed, we learn what not to plant, and the stories of those who succeeded show us the seeds to plant to produce our desired success.

If you have ever succeeded at something, you can succeed at anything else. All you need to do is to look at the principles that produced the successes you enjoyed in the past, apply them in your new venture and you will succeed again. David used this philosophy when he killed Goliath. In the course of their standoff, he was offered instruments like the sword and armour but he declined them. He used the ancient weapon of a slingshot rather than an amour that was conventional and made natural sense. He looked back on his history and recalled that he had killed the bear and the lion. Knowing from experience that you don't change a winning formula, he was able to come up with a strategy from that success story to destroy Goliath with.

Therefore, I urge you to likewise look into your history and into your past successes to decipher the ingredients and seeds for your new desired success. May God grant you wisdom and understanding.

*Prayer*
Father, open my eyes to see and show me the way to go forward.

*Declaration*
I am a success. I see well. I discern well. I go from success to success. I go from glory to glory. I am the head and not the tail. I triumph in all things. Glory to God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

When Your Dating Partner Is Disturbing You For Marriage / Allow EFCC Prosecute APC Members Accused Of Corruption – Okogie Tells Buhari / Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.