Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,304 members, 7,846,355 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16442 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, August 2, 2023

*Signs of the Last Days*

*Acts 2:17, NKJV*
_And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams._

*Luke 17:26-30, NKJV*
_And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise, as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed._

The last days will be marked by the outpouring of the Spirit of the Lord as well as an explosion of sexual immorality. Side by side, the world is going to have two different spiritual experiences depending on the side of the divide a person belongs to. In the Church, there will be a massive outpouring of the Spirit of God. Sons and daughters of God will operate in an unusual spiritual dimension, shining the light of God in this dark and perverse generation. Jesus said the last days shall be a combination of the days of Noah and the days of Lot.

The days of Noah saw fallen angels sleeping with the daughters of men and the days of Lot saw men and boys sleeping with one another. That is exactly what is going on around the world today.
In these last days, the spirit of sexual perversion is poured out of hell into the world. It is a Satanic response to the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh. But as he does, God’s superior agenda is to mortify the deeds of the flesh by empowering Christians to operate in this world as though sin doesn’t exist. That is, everyone who yields to the Spirit of God will not obey the lusts of the flesh. Therefore, all we need to do as the Church is yield to the Holy Spirit and thereby mortify the deeds of the flesh. Conversely, those who ignore the supply of the Spirit will invariably amplify the deeds of the flesh in their lives and subject themselves to damnation.

In these last days, the righteous will get more righteous and the wicked will get more wicked. The spirit to which we yield in this end-time will determine the fruits we will manifest. Remember how Noah operated above the spirit of whoredom that characterised his days; that's how we too must let our light shine before men so that they see our good works and be drawn to our Father in heaven. In these last days, we must live in such a way that we bring glory and honour to our Father God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to stay yielded to Your Spirit and stay connected to the constant supply of the Spirit in these last days.

*Declaration*
I operate in the light of God. I operate above the influence of Satan. The prince of the power of the air will have no power over me. By the Holy Spirit, I mortify the deeds of the flesh and live above sin every day.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:12am On Aug 03, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 3, 2023

*The Power of the Secret Place*

*Proverbs 9: 17, NKJV*
_Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant._

Anytime you hear of “the secret place,” you would typically think of the place of prayer, which is very important, but you need to understand something important about God and doing things in secret. Most of the wrongs people do are done in secret. Most acts of sin are executed in secret, like fornication, adultery and stealing. The actors hide and code their actions. Conversely, now that we are in Christ, God expects that as we mastered sinning in secret in the past, we should now master living right in secret. You see, a lot of power – positive or negative – is released into your life when you do things in secret. That’s why Jesus said the things done in secret will be declared openly.
You have to be very careful, particularly about the things you say in your heart against people that have authority over you.

A lot of times people get into trouble because they are rebellious against authority. For example, speaking against your pastor or boss in your heart or behind him. If he did something you’re unhappy about and you start speaking against him behind his back, you are setting yourself up before God. Somehow, one error will lead to another till you are publicly disgraced, or God can cause certain favours to be withheld from you. The same thing happens when you do good things in secret, like giving to the poor, sowing seeds of faith, honouring God’s servants anonymously, fasting and praying, etc.

The way God rewards openly when you do good in secret is the same way He disgraces openly when you do the wrong things in secret. The truth is that everyone does things in secret, but you have to carefully choose what you do. Ensure that you are doing the right things in secret.
Jesus taught in Matthew 6:3-4 saying, “But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.” When you give, give in secret. When you pray, pray in secret. When you fast, people should not know you are fasting. And when you do them unto God alone, He will publicly honour you. People will see your reward. So, choose to do the right things in secret. Pay attention to the things you think in your heart. Pay attention to the things you say behind people. Don’t dishonour people behind them and honour them in their presence; that’s hypocrisy. Don’t do things that will negatively expose you.

*Prayer*
Dear Father, open my eyes to the power of the secret place. Help me to grow the right thoughts in my heart. Teach me to work in secret so that I can be blessed openly. Amen.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that I pray, fast and give in secret that I may be rewarded openly. I do good things in secret so that I may be blessed in public. I groom the right thoughts towards authorities that God has placed over me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:07am On Aug 04, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 4, 2023

*When Jesus Delays*

*John 11:1-6, NIV*
_Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. (This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair.) So the sisters sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.” When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death.No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days._

One of the major causes of frustration that most believers experience is when there is a delay in the fulfilment of God’s word to them. Oftentimes we are sure that we heard God on a matter or regarding a certain concern in our life, but then the fulfilment seems to take so long. Sometimes the situation even degenerates, gets worse, and we wonder where God is. Sometimes we are even tempted to question the integrity of His word. We wonder, how can the words of the Almighty not come to pass? How does God say He loves us yet watches our predicament grow worse?

The verses above provide us with some perspective and answers. First, the Bible was careful to make us see that Jesus loved Lazarus and his sisters. So, His delay in going to heal Lazarus when He got the news was not because He did not love them. Rather, it was because in the mind of God that situation had been marked as one that God will use to bring Himself glory and to also glorify Jesus in the sight of men. In other words, though that sickness was orchestrated by Satan, God quickly redesigned it to become an occasion to glorify Himself and His Son Jesus. Hence, He decided to allow the devil to do his worst, which was to kill Lazarus. This way God’s intervention became epic, ultimate and undeniable.

Do you remember what the Bible says in Romans 8:28? And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. This means that in any situation you find yourself that seems as though God is delaying to show up for you, rest assured that He is cooking a mighty miracle for you. He is working out His ultimate for you, as long as you hold on firmly to the word that He gave you. Jesus had declared that Lazarus’ sickness was not unto death, so his dying only meant that he must resurrect, because God’s word can never fall to the ground. Therefore, if you are undergoing a challenging experience right now, as long as God has given you a word about it, be encouraged and stay in faith; He will show up for you in a big way. Keep believing and declaring the word.

*Prayer*
Dear Lord, help me to hold on firmly to your word concerning my situation and believe until my change comes, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that my heart is continually set on God’s word and my mouth
continually declares the word until my challenges give way, and I refuse to be moved no
matter how bad things appear to be!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, August 5, 2023

*Early Will I Seek You*

*Psalm 63:1, NKJV*
_O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land, where there is no water._

Researchers have come to the conclusion that what you do within the first few hours of the day sets the tone for how your day will evolve. Some people wake up to an early morning coffee, exercise, yoga sessions and the like, but the most important thing for a believer to do is spend the earliest part of your day when you wake up in the presence of God. Spending time in the presence of God not only impacts your spirit, it also impacts positively on your soul and your body. Anytime we come into the presence of God, we never leave the same way. He renews our strength, takes away burdens, speaks peace to our hearts, grants us clarity and direction, and showers His love on us. This is why we must never take His presence for granted.

Each day you wake up, find a quiet place to be alone with God and spend time worshipping, fellowshipping and praying. As you do, equally listen for clarity and direction. He is a living God, so He speaks to us whenever we come into His presence with open hearts.

Unfortunately, many believers are quick to rush out the same way they rushed in and so do not wait to hear His voice. An instruction from God may just be what you need to get that problem solved or get you out of that mess. Jesus taught us during His earthly ministry the importance of seeking God early. All through the gospels, we see how He often rose up very early to spend time with God in the place of prayer.
Furthermore, we must understand that we do not come to God only when we have a need. Jesus had no material needs, yet He spent time with God every day. We come to God to connect with our true essence. We proceeded from God and can only be sustained by Him. Why? The source of a thing must be its sustainer. So, before you rush out to your morning activities, daily chores and assignments, do not neglect the place of connecting with God. It is in the secret place that power is made available for winning during the day. Power to overcome and to dominate over the forces of life and of darkness. Remember, Satan always wants you to get so busy that you have no time for God, but make up your mind to seek Him early every day.

*Prayer*
Father, give me the wisdom to always seek you early.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that my heart continually longs for the presence of God. I seek Him early every day. I enthrone Him above all else in my life. And as I come into His presence, I experience the life of God and every weakness in me turns to strength.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, August 6, 2023

*True Riches*

*Mark 10:17, 19-22, NKJV*
_Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’” And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.” Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.” But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions._

By default, every one of us desires and craves for more of God. And like the rich young ruler who ran after Jesus wanting to know if there were any inhibitions to his experiencing God’s fullness, we must do likewise to keep ourselves aligned with God. God’s strategy is to subtly bring to our consciousness the lack and void in our hearts, so that we are pulled to Him to fill us. The mistake most people make is that they don’t seek to understand this gentle nudge and learn how to yield to it. The young ruler did, and he ran to Jesus.

Most people who went to Jesus desired something for their body, but this young ruler wanted something for his spirit and to secure his life in eternity, for true assets are spiritual. The man was young, rich, a ruler, and a righteous man by the standards of the day. He had money, influence and a clear conscience, but he still had a void – an emptiness – in his heart. So he ran to Jesus for clarity and direction, to be filled with the true riches.

Spiritual intelligence demands that we build in time with eternity in view. That means everything we do in time should be done with eternity in mind, giving priority to the latter. That should be the logic and template with which we approach our life every day. Yes, we are to be productive and effective on earth, but our productivity must translate into riches towards God. The real riches in our lives are spiritual and heavenly. Therefore, the spiritually intelligent believer seeks to translate their material blessings into spiritual resources and treasures. They operate a heavenly bank account by ensuring that all they have in time are converted into their account in heaven. They do this by giving to the poor, caring for the weak, and giving to the body of Christ. The wisdom of God is that we must be diligent to convert all our earthly advantages to spiritual resources, for therein lies true riches. This was what Jesus tried to teach the young man but he missed it. Why should you be rich in time and end up poor in eternity? Why should you be a ruler on earth and not be one in heaven? Giving to the poor, giving to kingdom causes, personal discipline, deliberate evangelism and discipleship, among others are mechanisms by which we convert earthly resources to heavenly treasures. Don't miss this wisdom.

*Prayer*
Father, give me the wisdom to operate as a spiritually intelligent being who diligently credits my heavenly account.

*Declaration*
I receive the wisdom of God in my heart to operate in the light of God to translate all that I have in time into heavenly true riches in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 7, 2023

*You Have Eternal Life*

*1 John 5:13, NKJV*
_These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God._

When Jesus died on the cross, something interesting happened. A Roman soldier thrust a spear through His side and “blood and water gushed out.” His heart had ruptured and all His blood drained out. His body was buried without blood. And when He was raised from the dead, the resurrected body of Jesus had no blood. Where then did the life of the body of Jesus come from? After all, He didn’t come back to life as a ghost, He resurrected in flesh.

The Bible tells us He was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father; that’s the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost overshadowed the dead body of Jesus, quickened it, and Jesus came back to life; His body being without blood. Likewise, now that you’re born again, you have the same life with which Jesus was raised from the dead. Romans 8:11 says, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

This has already happened! Your physical body, your hitherto death-doomed and death-prone body, has been rejuvenated, reinvigorated, and vitalized by the Holy Ghost who lives in you.
This is the reason sickness, for the Christian, is strange. It is an anomaly. It’s not supposed to be, because the life in you is divine. Meditate on this truth and endorse it in your personal life and you’ll forever live above sickness, disease, defeat and all the depravities that affect human nature. Hallelujah!

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for your life in me. Help me by Your Spirit to come to the full understanding of this divine life I carry, in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I’ve got the life of God in me. It’s in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body. I live above sickness, disease, defeat and all the depravities that affect human nature, as a result of the divine life and nature of God in me. Glory to God!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, August 8, 2023

*Breaking Free from Addiction*

*2 Corinthians 10:4-6, NKJV*
_For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled._

Everything about life began with a thought. The creation of everything we see in nature: plants, animals, and all the wonderful works of God, including man, all began with a thought in the mind of God. And like God, man is a being with the ability to both think and process his thoughts into actions. More so, the kind of thoughts he allows in his heart and how he channels or processes them determine the direction his life follows, and whether the outcomes become right or wrong.
A wise man once said, “Watch your thoughts, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they determine your destiny.” Going by this, addictions begin with a thought. The thoughts we entertain become actions, and repetitive actions become habits, and habits end up becoming addictions or a way of life. Addictions are destructive in nature because they suspend one’s sense of reasoning and rationality until the urge is carried out and satisfied.

That is why addicts cannot help themselves and often feel terrible when the deed is done.
Addictions begin with the things we choose to accommodate from what we see and hear. We are greatly influenced by what we see and hear. Even the Bible records that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. When we received Christ into our heart, it was our spirit that became regenerated. Our mind, however, requires the process of daily renewal by the Word of God before it can live up to His standards and yield to His will.

You may still be lighting up cigarettes or be addicted to drugs, pornography, masturbation, sex, alcohol and the like, but you must never stop reminding yourself of who you are in Him. To break free from any addiction, don’t try to do so in your power because human will or will power always fails when dealing with spiritual issues. All you need do is to believe what God has said concerning your freedom in Him, then rest in the finished works of Christ and all that He has made available to you by redemption. You must also not allow guilt to take hold of your heart as this is one of the devil’s weapons in disconnecting people from God. As you keep confessing who you are in line with God’s Word, the Word will become a personal revelation to you and the hold of the enemy will be completely broken over that area of your life. Until then, don’t stop speaking and don’t stop believing.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to break free from every addiction and ungodly habit in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I am who God says I am. I am free in Christ because whoever the Son sets free is free indeed. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Sin shall no longer have dominion over me. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, 9 August, 2023

*The Lust of the Flesh*

*1 John 2:16 NKJV*
_For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world._

*Romans 7:18 NKJV*
_For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find._

Lust is any desire that is contrary to the will of God. Lust is the spiritual equivalent of rust; that is, something that corrodes and destroys the souls of men. The reason for lust is corruption; it was designed by Satan to destroy the divine nature of God in man.

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life form the triangle of sin. Our flesh is human nature corrupted by sin. Lust of the flesh, therefore, describes living a life dominated by our natural senses. This includes being gluttonous with food, slavish with pleasure, lax in morals, selfish in the use of possessions, without regard for spiritual values, extravagant in the gratification of material desires, among others. The lust of the flesh is all desires centred on your natural cravings without regard to the will of God. It is that which constantly fights against the things of God in your life. So, you must realise that your flesh will lead you to destruction; it has nothing good to offer you. You cannot let yourself be led by the motions of your body. It is your duty to ensure that your soul and your body are dominated by your spirit.
Galatians 5:17-24 lists several examples of the deeds of the flesh, which are sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and the like.

The Scriptures also took time to list out the deeds of the Spirit, which are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
The contrast between the flesh and the spirit is stark. The respective attributes are unmistakable. Those who give in to the lust of the flesh can expect to see the listed attributes characterising their lives. And those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit can expect to see the fruit of the Spirit at work in their lives. Remember that we are encouraged in Romans 13:11-14 to put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh. Therefore, we must yield to the Holy Spirit and draw strength from Him to bridle our senses against the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. By the Spirit, we must mortify the deeds of the flesh as the Scriptures instruct. And like Paul, let’s endeavour to die daily to our flesh.

*Prayer*
Father, remove every form of lust in my heart and help me to find contentment in You, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declarations*
I walk in the Spirit. I walk in understanding. I am full of the light of God. I am not greedy. I am content in Christ, in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 10, 2023

*The Backend of Promotion*

*Psalm 75:6-7, KJV*
_For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south._

*Galatians 6:9, KJV*
_And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not._

The stories of Mordecai and Joseph in the Bible show God lifting men from the dunghill and seating them with princes. Joseph slept as a prisoner one night and the next day he was the second most powerful man in the then known world. Mordecai also became one of the powerful men in his time in a twist that can be titled suddenly. Looking more critically at these stories, however, reveals a backend to the remarkable promotion of these two notable individuals. You must note that nothing just happens. The promotion they each received was the harvest of a seed they sowed long before.
Mordecai had exposed a plot by two palace staff of King Ahasuerus to assassinate the King, but then nothing was said about it again. However, when the day came for Him to be promoted, the King could not sleep and decided to go through the records. Call it divine coincidence, but I call it the hand of God at work. The King came across the record of this good deed by Mordecai and the Lord of the harvest showed up for him.

Joseph’s promotion was tied to his conduct while in prison. Two palace staff of Pharaoh who offended the King and were cast into prison had troubling dreams right in the prison and each was perplexed about the meaning of his. Joseph by the Spirit of God was able to interpret both dreams, which was that one will be hanged and the other promoted. He urged the man to be promoted to remember him but the man totally forgot about him. Ultimately, when the due time came, Joseph’s act became the seed for his promotion. The King had a troubling dream and the staff who was restored and promoted remembered Joseph. The rest, they say, is history.

What seed are you sowing today for your promotion tomorrow? Promotion does not come from the east or the west but from above; however, promotion comes as a harvest of the seed of good deeds. He who is tacky or slothful with his job does not deserve promotion. It’s time to wake up and do whatever your hand finds to do, especially what God has committed into your hands, with all your might. Your promotion is tied to it.

*Prayer*
Father, cause my good works to be remembered today by those who are in position to facilitate my promotion.

*Declaration*
I am not weary of doing well. I keep sowing the right seeds in and out of season, knowing it shall translate into a harvest of promotion for me. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 11, 2023

*Just Like Jesus*

*Luke 10:17-19, NKJV*
_Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you._

To fully understand redemption, we must first understand the meaning of redemption. Then we must understand why man needed to be redeemed in the first place. To redeem means to regain possession of something in exchange for payment. It was a term used when slaves were bought and freed. This means that the initial status of man before redemption was that of a slave; slave to sin. When a slave was to be redeemed, a fee called a ransom had to be paid. Jesus paid this ransom for us with His blood.
After the fall of the first man Adam, the nature of man became a nature of sin. Man became a slave to sin. God had to come up with a plan to redeem man, and the only way was for the sinless blood of God to be shed in order to cleanse the sins of man once and for all. This is the basis for our redemption.

If a slave has been freed and he doesn’t know it or does not believe he’s truly free, he remains in bondage and will still be treated as a slave. Psalm 49:20 says, “A man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.” John 3:16 emphasises the place of believing in receiving the fullness of redemption. Jesus has done the job. He has paid the ransom. We are now eternally free. We just have to believe!

*Prayer*
I pray in the name of Jesus that I have a better understanding of the authority I have in Christ now through His redemption for me.

*Declarations*
I declare that I walk in the consciousness of who I am in Christ daily. I am walking in the power and authority given to me in Christ. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, August 12, 2023

*Just Like Jesus 2*

*Luke 10:17-19, NKJV*
_Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you._

A lady once mentioned how a certain president gave her a letter to a government agency, instructing them to give her a job. Typically, the application, interview and confirmation process takes months, but they gave her the job of her choice that day and she resumed the next day. That is the authority of men; how much more the authority of God. When the president gave her the letter, she appeared at the agency as though the president was there. And as a result they bypassed protocols for her. If they refused to honour her, they would be dishonouring the president. The problem with many Christians is that we like to pray for hours and fast for days. These are not bad; in fact, our Christianity cannot be colourful without them. However, there are a lot of times that all we need is to use the authority that has been given to us already in Christ.

Using authority is simple, you just need to mention the name of the person who gave you the authority. In the case of the lady mentioned earlier, she just had to say she was from the president. For us as Christians, our authority is in the name of Jesus. At the mention of His name, everything must surrender (Philippians 2:10-11 — that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father). When we use the authority in the name of Jesus, we appear in the spirit realm as Jesus. Everything that bows to Him bows to us invariably.

The disciples tried it and it worked, and they were so excited (Luke 10:17-19).
When Jesus said we’d do greater works than Him in John 14:12-14, the greater works can only be done by the authority given to us in His name. If the lady mentioned earlier did not go to the agency and mention that the president sent her, she’d have remained jobless. The same applies to us; if we do not use the authority given to us, we will be oppressed by the forces of darkness that we should lord over. Let’s go out there and use our authority!

*Prayer*
I pray in the name of Jesus that I have a better understanding of the authority I have in Christ right now and I appropriate it to live in victory every day.

*Declaration*
I declare that I walk in the consciousness of who I am in Christ daily. I am walking in the power and authority given to me in Christ. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, August 13, 2023

*You Can Know Tomorrow*

*Revelation 1:19, NKJV*
_Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this._

Steve Jobs said we make sense of life looking backward, and we can fix the puzzles of life over time. He was correct to the extent that one operates only as a limited, natural man. As long as you are in the flesh and live as a mere man, you are limited in your understanding and appreciation of the events in your life. You typically depend on history and the processing of past events in your life for vital intelligence.
On the contrary, God shows us through His dealings with the fathers of faith and the church that, after we have processed and made sense of the past, we truly make sense of life by looking forward and looking towards God. So, the Bible was given to us to make sense of past events, whereas the Spirit of God opens to us a curtain of time to see events that are ahead so we can strategically position for them. We learn from the past while fixing our eyes on the future to make sense of where we are and what is expected of us right now towards tomorrow.

The Bible is both a book of history and a book of revelation of the future. This means that God wants us to know a measure of the past as well as what tomorrow holds. The book of Genesis, as we know, reveals the first few years of this age. The books of the prophets reveal events in the lives of individuals and nations as they happened and years before they happened. So the prophets were men who saw and knew tomorrow. Also, the last book of the Bible is called Revelation because it contains events that have happened, that are happening and that will happen. The book originated from God, was given through Jesus, delivered by angels and written by a man called John.

Overall, the revelations contained in scriptures show us the past, present and future. This connotes that God is very much interested in showing us our future and that of our world. Hence, God is always releasing information and revelation into our hearts that we must download and by them get a glimpse of our future. Everything about you is contained in God, but you enter into them through Christ and by the help of the Holy Spirit. And where necessary God can deploy angels to help as well. The book of Revelation shows us that God is eager to bring us all into a clear vision and understanding of the things that time and eternity hold for us. It shows us that the future is certain and God not only knows it but He wants us to know it too. As a wise man once said, vision is seeing tomorrow so strongly that it affects your today. Because of the joy that was set before Him, Jesus endured the cross. That is the power of seeing tomorrow ahead; it cultures you into alignment. You too can know tomorrow. Simply press into God.

*Prayer*
Father, open to me more and more the curtain of time that I might make sense of the things that lie ahead of me and align with Your will.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that my spirit is open and the eyes of my understanding are enlightened. I come into an accurate knowledge of the events that lie ahead of me in life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 14, 2023

*Crowned with the Same Glory*

*Colossians 1:27, NKJV*
_To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory._

Many people suppose that Christianity restored us back to what Adam and Eve used to be or had in the Garden of Eden, but that’s not true. What we have is a far greater glory. Being born again, we’re not born after the first Adam but after the second and last Adam, Jesus Christ. The Scripture says, “...The first man, Adam, became a living person. But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit” (1 Corinthians 15:45, NLT).
Please pay careful attention to the tenses in Romans 8:30 as rendered in Weymouth New Testament: “...and those whom He has pre-destined He also has called; and those whom He has called He has also declared free from guilt; and those whom He has declared free from guilt He has also CROWNED WITH GLORY.” Here, we identify vital realities concerning the new creation, which are the results of Christ’s redemptive work. One of them is that you’ve been crowned with glory. That means you’ve been brought into a life of beauty and excellence.

The same truth is highlighted in 2 Peter 1:3, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” You’ve been glorified, not with any lesser glory, but with the same glory that is on Jesus. He said in John 17:22, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them...” Hebrews 2:9 tells us that God crowned Jesus with glory and honour. Then in 1 John 4:17, we read that “...as He is, so are we in this world.” Blessed be God! You’re crowned with glory and honour just like Jesus. Your life isn’t for reproach; it’s for glory, beauty, excellence and honour. Celebrate!

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for crowning me with glory and honour in Christ.

*Declaration*
My life is excellent and full of glory. I’m crowned with righteousness and honour, and the pleasure of the Lord is prospering through me. Christ is exalted in me today and evermore; my life is for His glory. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, August 15, 2023

*Patient Endurance: The Proof of Maturity*

*Psalm 145:8, NKJV*
_The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy._

*Luke 23: 8-9, 34, NKJV*
_Now when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad; for he had desired for a long time to see Him, because he had heard many things about Him, and he hoped to see some miracle done by Him. Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing.Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots._

When we are hurt or disappointed by relatives, friends, bosses or spouses, we experience a range of emotions. One of those emotions is anger, which typically forces us to react in negative ways. Either we cut the offenders off, retaliate, or even become abusive. Long-suffering requires you to act in the opposite whenever you are hurt. You are probably thinking it is easier said than done. You’re right. But the truth is that God requires us to exercise long-suffering (which means patient endurance), and we can because Jesus did.

Long-suffering is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). It is one of those spiritual skills we must develop as Christians. In fact, long-suffering is proof of spiritual maturity. Impulsive anger, insensitivity, impatience and intolerance are traits that test your long-suffering quotient. And in some other bible versions, long-suffering is referred to as Patience, or Patient Endurance. When you endure patiently, it means you have love, and love suffers long (1 Cor 13:4). It also means you do not easily get angry or defensive or resentful in your thoughts and actions. Long-suffering requires you to act and think lovingly rather than in hate or offense.

To cultivate Patient Endurance, you need to ask the Holy Spirit for it. It is not a skill you will get by your strength. To become more patient, diverse offenses will come to test your level of patience. Jesus told us that offenses will surely come. This should even start preparing you to be patient before the offenses come, because offenses are a part of the practical test to build patience in you. Rather than react quickly to hurts, take a few minutes to think and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. Take a moment to ask yourself, “What would Jesus do in this situation?” The Holy Spirit is our teacher and counsellor. He will help us cultivate this important trait if we ask and rely on Him. The more you exercise patience, the more patient you become. You may not get it right the first time, repent and keep trying. With the help of the Holy Spirit you will become patient.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, help me to be long-suffering. Help me to grow in patience until I am very patient.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am led by the Spirit of God. I deal patiently with all men. I am not easily offended because I am a patient being, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, 16 August, 2023

*Manage Your Time*

*Psalm 90:12 NKJV*
_So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom._

*Ecclesiastes 9:11 NKJV*
_I returned and saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favour to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all._

Time, they say, is a resource of equal measure; everyone is given twenty-four hours daily. And time is an asset that you either invest or waste. The difference between people is not how much time they have or lack, but what each person does with the time allotted to them.
One of the skills you must cultivate in life is effective time management. You must learn and master how to wisely utilise time. The more you are conscious of time, the wiser you become. To do this, set goals for yourself every day, detailing the things you want to achieve that day. These must be realistic, achievable and measurable.

Learn to prioritise your activities. God created the world in seven days. The first six were used to execute different tasks, and on the seventh day He rested. This leaves us a pattern for wisely prioritising our activities every week. If you don’t, activities will crowd themselves on you, and the less important ones tend to overshadow the important ones. Therefore, prioritise your tasks, then schedule and set time limits for them, both for weekly and daily executions. Break down your tasks into bits. Organise yourself appropriately, eliminating the non-essentials and giving attention to the essentials. Give yourself targets of things to achieve, then go all out to get them done. Also ensure that you have time to rest between tasks.

How to do this is to begin each day by projecting ahead to determine the necessary tasks that must get done to propel you forward. Then plan your day by assigning time slots to each task, preferably flowing from the most important to the lesser ones. This way, you will start and engage each day with precision and a high sense of duty, and you will lead a more productive life. In summary, effective time management will help you to build better habits, which will in turn lead to greater productivity.
When you effectively manage your time, it will improve your work-life balance and increase your happiness. Good time management also reduces your stress and allows you to achieve your goals faster and easier. Effective time management will benefit you in every area of your life: spiritual, career, business, health, etc. As they say, success is cumulative; so, managing your time will make you succeed daily, which will accumulate over time to ultimately make you successful.

*PRAYER*
Father, teach me to number my days and to apply my heart to the wisdom of effective time management.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that I am conscious of the use of my time. I do the things I need to do while it is day, because the night is coming when no one can work. And I have excellent results for my work.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 17, 2023

*There is a Purpose for Your Life*

*Ephesians 2:10, KJV*
_For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them._

Your life will not have any meaning until you come to understand that there is a purpose for your life. There is a divine purpose for your marriage. There is a purpose for the money that you have and for your education. There is equally a purpose of God for your living in the city where you are. You need to understand that God shaped you for your purpose. He created, formed, wired, gifted, organized and arranged you for your purpose. Even the family you were born into was because of your purpose. You needed to be in that, perhaps, dysfunctional setting for some necessary attributes to be installed into you. For example, there is no way you will have a heart of compassion for hungry people if you have never been hungry. You can’t be passionate about something you have not experienced. A case in point: when Barack Obama became president of America, from his campaign to when he left office and till today, he has been fighting for affordable healthcare law; what they call Obama Care. Do you know why? His mother died because she didn’t have health insurance. Because he lost his mother to that, he used everything inside him to push for the law until he achieved it.

God shaped each one of us in Christ Jesus for a specific purpose. Ephesians 2:10 (TPT) says, “We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfil the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfil it!” We were created as a workmanship. A workmanship is a piece of artwork. Hence, we are a piece of work created by God in Christ to execute good works; works that God ordained for us to undertake. We have become God’s masterpieces speaking on His behalf and showing Him to the world.

Our lives are supposed to tell people about the goodness, glory and power of God. There is a unique destiny that has been assigned to each of us, for we were joined to Christ because of this destiny. God planned this destiny and the good works we should do to fulfil it before we were born. That is, in fulfilling your destiny, there are steps to take, which our reference verse calls good works. We are not saved by good works; we are saved for good works. We are saved for the good works of destiny. There are works of God that you have been called to undertake all the days of your life. That work is tied to your destiny. Everything you were equipped with was to serve these good works. For your purpose. So get on with it already.

*Prayer*
In Jesus’ name, I pray that my good works may be seen by all men around me so that my Father in heaven may be glorified. Amen.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that I walk in my God-ordained purpose. I do all that God created and has called me to do through Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 18, 2023

*Another Fruit of the Womb*

*Psalm 127:1, NKJV*
_Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward._

We’ve mostly always considered the verse above from the angle of biological reproduction, but I want us to have a different look at it today. As believers, biological reproduction is not the only thing we receive from God as a heritage or fruit of the womb. In fact, we don’t need to be believers to enjoy the gift of children from God, that is available to every human being. If so, what then can be considered to be a child or fruit of the womb that comes from the Lord. Divine ideas.

You must have heard the popular saying that ideas rule the world. That is true. Every great inventor or innovator throughout history and today became so because they got an idea (or more) that no one else got, they executed the idea and it brought them into the limelight. But I am not talking about mere ideas here; today ideas are a dime a dozen. What I am referring to is the reserved privilege we have as believers to access the mind of God and download unthinkable ideas that reshape human experiences. This is the advantage available to us in the kingdom, but unfortunately, most Christians are not aware of this and so do not utilize it.

In your business or office, you should not be operating at the same mental level everyone else operates in. Your results should be transcendent, born out of the realms of God where you are seated with Christ right now. That is where you should be operating from. You are a supernatural being and these are the days of the supernatural flow, therefore we need to upscale our game. We should be operating at supernatural levels as believers, for that is what will unlock the curiosity of the unbelievers around you to want to discover your edge. Then you will show them your God. And because your results dwarf theirs, they will have no choice but to submit to your God. Easy evangelism. Simply using heaven’s available resources to cause continual celebrations in heaven over new souls. And if you do, do you think you will ever run out of supplies?

Make up your mind to become an effective witness for Christ in your industry or office. Press into God to access His vast resources to elevate your results above those of others. Access the supernatural fruits available to us in the womb of the Spirit. Then showcase them to the world. This is one of the key strategies of end-time evangelism.

*Prayer*
Dear Lord, I ask You to open up to me the treasures of heaven and pour into me great ideas
that will bewilder my peers and make them curious so that I can witness Christ to them, in
Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that the mind of Christ inside me is activated to download
supernatural ideas from the womb of the Spirit and I have the power to execute them and
bring Jesus glory!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, August 19, 2023

*That Your Joy May Be Full*

*John 16:24, NKJV*
_Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy maybe full._

One of the joys of being a parent is seeing your children happy and joyful, especially when they ask you for something and you do it for them. Seeing your children well cared for and joyful because their needs and wants are met brings you such fulfilment that can hardly be compared to other sources. If you are a parent you will surely understand this. Now relate this to God. Jesus said if we who are mere humans know how to give good gifts to our children, how much more our heavenly Father who is our source. If as human parents we derive immense pleasure from providing for our children because we love them unconditionally, how then do we think God cares less – or doesn’t even care at all – about meeting our needs and wants? That is a lie from the pit of hell! That is the devil lying to you to drift your heart away from God! I know because that is not consistent with the teaching of Scriptures.

The Bible says God loves us. In fact, He is love personified. He loves us so much that He went to the most unthinkable extent required to reconcile us to Himself. Now, if He willingly sacrificed His Son for us, what is it we need that He cannot or will not give us? The Bible even says He knows our needs before we ask, and in Christ He has answered us already and given us all that we desire. We just have to learn to receive by faith.

But to what end does God freely meet and supply our needs? Because it makes us joyful – like little children – and that makes Him a proud father. If you are a father, think of the times you do things for your children just because you want to and how it makes you feel good. That is exactly how God feels towards meeting our needs. He takes pleasure in our prosperity and satisfaction; that is why He gives us all things in abundant and excess measures. He blesses us according to His capacity which is limitless and ultimate. All we need to do is learn how to receive by exercising our faith founded upon His infallible word. Hallelujah!

*Prayer*
Dear Father, today I ask you for …………… [fill in the blank], knowing that it is Your good pleasure to provide for all my needs because You can, You want to, and You want my joy to be full. I receive it now in Jesus’ mighty name! Amen.

*Declaration*
I declare that all my needs and wants are always met by my Father in heaven who loves me
unconditionally and always gives me the desires of my heart so that my joy may be full. This
is my experience every day!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 21, 2023

*The Message of Faith*

*Romans 10:17, NKJV*
_So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God._

When Jesus taught the word, faith came alive in the hearts of His hearers. He let them know who God is, His eternal will, and what He’s already done for them. He said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you” (Matthew 7:7). In Mark 11:22-23, He taught the people, saying, “…Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”

Neither the Pharisees nor the Sadducees ever taught the people about having the God-kind of faith, about believing and receiving. Hence, many were enthralled by Jesus’ message because it inspired faith in their hearts towards God. They had thought that God only blessed whomever He chose. They had assumed that God wasn’t concerned about them. But Jesus taught that God loves everyone unconditionally, and all it takes to receive from Him is to simply believe: “…If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9:23).

That’s the exact message He sent us to preach and teach around the world — the message of faith. He said in John 20:21, “…as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” We must practice and show the world that it makes no difference what the case is, one only needs to believe! It makes no difference if it’s a dead womb, a dead body or a dead business; He’s the God who resurrects and gives life to the dead. Therefore, He can breathe life into any seemingly dead situation. Just believe and declare according to your faith! Glory to His Name forever!

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for the power of the gospel of Christ that is able to inspire faith in the hearts of all who hear it. I receive faith in my heart by Your word today and every day.

*Declaration*
I worship the Lord for His greatness, love, mercy, and kindness. I thank the Lord for giving me a victorious and glorious life in Christ. Therefore, I always win. And I declare that I am energized by the Spirit to minister the gospel of Christ to nations in Jesus’ Name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:02am On Aug 22, 2023
PST.SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, August 22, 2023

*There is a Life Hereafter*

*Psalm 103:15, NKJV*
_As for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes._

*Hebrews 9:27, NKJV*
_And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment._

The subject of eternity is one that many people want to avoid discussing or try to shy away from. Many would rather discuss their achievements, goals, dreams, aspirations and day-to-day concerns. It is, of course, important to talk about these things as it keeps us in touch with our humanity. However, from time to time we have to remind ourselves of certain truths, one of which is that there is a life beyond the realm of time and what we do in time will determine on what end of that timeless zone we will end up.

We must understand that no matter the achievements, successes or failures, everything ends here on earth. That is why we must consciously invest more time in the things that have eternal value. This was what Jesus was driving at in Matthew 6:19-21 when He said we should lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven where no thief can break in to steal and nothing can corrupt them, rather than lay up treasures on earth where they will inevitably decay and suffer corruption. Recently, the stashed up cash, amounting to millions of dollars, of perhaps the greatest drug lord in history, Pablo Escobar of Colombia, was discovered in a farm. Some had decayed while the rest were carted away by the authorities. Wherever he is, that money he once considered as a treasure cannot be of any benefit to him now.

As believers, we must retain the consciousness of eternity in our minds as this will lead us to taking deliberate actions here on earth. When we give to the poor and those in need, we are laying up treasures for ourselves in heaven. When we obey God’s Word and His commandments, we are investing positively in the hereafter. We must also bear in mind that no matter how long we live on earth; eternity is a timeless zone. Therefore, I say to you today, invest wisely!

*Prayer*
Dear Father, help me remain conscious of eternity so that I may invest wisely in it.

*Declarations*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I receive wisdom and direction
from the Lord to number my days so that I may apply my heart unto wisdom. Daily, I take deliberate steps to invest wisely in eternity. I will not lose or miss out on my reward. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, 23 August, 2023

*Hindrances to Prayer*

*1 Peter 3:7 NKJV*
_Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honour to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered._

*Isaiah 59:1-3 NKJV*
_Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perversity._

There are factors that can hinder our prayers from reaching heaven. God lives in heaven; we are on earth. Our prayers must ascend to Him for us to get answers to them. But there are factors that if present in our lives can stop our prayers from reaching God. The Bible says the prayer of an unrighteous man is an abomination before the Lord. That means God does not listen to him. Secondly, you must come to God in prayer with faith, never double-minded. A double-minded man cannot receive anything from the Lord. So, your attitude is very important in the place of prayer: your private and social conduct, your spiritual posture, and the state of your relationships with people, etc. They affect your prayers.

Many times it is not that your prayers don’t get to God, the answers just don’t come back to you. This is often because there are factors that don’t allow God to answer you. Isaiah 59:1-3 above tells us that God can both hear and save, but when there are sins and iniquity in the life of the person praying, His ears turn deaf and His hands are shortened. Of course, if God does not hear your prayer, you cannot get answers. So, to get answers to your prayers, deal with any and every sin in your life. More importantly, build a consciousness of righteousness and live above sin as a way of life.

Furthermore, joy is very important to prayer. Someone said joy is to prayer what dialing tone is to telephone. Therefore, learn to live and pray with joy in your heart always. Unforgiveness can also hinder your prayer. If you have anything against anyone, ensure that you deal with it and be at peace with them before you start praying. And forgive the people who offend you, especially your spouse. Otherwise, it can affect your prayer. It’s important that we don’t allow anything to hinder our prayers. Consciously clear anything that can stand between your prayers and the answers you seek.

*Prayer*
Father, cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Let Your mercy speak over me this hour, let the blood of Jesus avail for me. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that I walk in love, I walk in peace, I walk in favour with God and man. My prayers will not be hindered. Anything that can hinder my prayer is removed by the blood in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2023
PßT. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, 23 August, 2023

*Hindrances to Prayer*

*1 Peter 3:7 NKJV*
_Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honour to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered._

*Isaiah 59:1-3 NKJV*
_Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perversity._

There are factors that can hinder our prayers from reaching heaven. God lives in heaven; we are on earth. Our prayers must ascend to Him for us to get answers to them. But there are factors that if present in our lives can stop our prayers from reaching God. The Bible says the prayer of an unrighteous man is an abomination before the Lord. That means God does not listen to him. Secondly, you must come to God in prayer with faith, never double-minded. A double-minded man cannot receive anything from the Lord. So, your attitude is very important in the place of prayer: your private and social conduct, your spiritual posture, and the state of your relationships with people, etc. They affect your prayers.

Many times it is not that your prayers don’t get to God, the answers just don’t come back to you. This is often because there are factors that don’t allow God to answer you. Isaiah 59:1-3 above tells us that God can both hear and save, but when there are sins and iniquity in the life of the person praying, His ears turn deaf and His hands are shortened. Of course, if God does not hear your prayer, you cannot get answers. So, to get answers to your prayers, deal with any and every sin in your life. More importantly, build a consciousness of righteousness and live above sin as a way of life.

Furthermore, joy is very important to prayer. Someone said joy is to prayer what dialing tone is to telephone. Therefore, learn to live and pray with joy in your heart always. Unforgiveness can also hinder your prayer. If you have anything against anyone, ensure that you deal with it and be at peace with them before you start praying. And forgive the people who offend you, especially your spouse. Otherwise, it can affect your prayer. It’s important that we don’t allow anything to hinder our prayers. Consciously clear anything that can stand between your prayers and the answers you seek.

*Prayer*
Father, cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Let Your mercy speak over me this hour, let the blood of Jesus avail for me. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that I walk in love, I walk in peace, I walk in favour with God and man. My prayers will not be hindered. Anything that can hinder my prayer is removed by the blood in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2023
PST. SUNDAY.& PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 24, 2023

*Balancing the Body, Soul and Spirit*

*Galatians 5:16-18, 24-25, NKJV*
_I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit._

Balancing your spirit, soul and body is key for you to live a qualitative and meaningful life. The foundation of your life and living must be built on balancing the synergy between your spirit, soul and body. Our Scripture reference reveals that there's a perpetual war between the spirit and the flesh of every believer. The things your spirit wants are completely opposite to the things that your flesh wants. The day your spirit man wants to fast is the day you will feel hungry the most. And if you’re not watchful, you might have finished eating before you recall you were fasting. But on days you’re not fasting, you can go all day without eating and not feel hungry. That’s your flesh fighting your spirit.
Man is a spirit, he has a soul and lives in a body.

The prosperity, quality of life and general well-being of every man hangs on his ability to strike a balance between the cravings of his spirit, the passion in his soul and the demands of his body. Eve did not know this; she did not know that it is not everything your body asks for that you give it. At times, the things you need, you won’t like, and the things you like, you don’t need. If you don’t understand this, you can’t go far in life. Your body will make some demands on you that can truncate the plans and programs of God for your life. Therefore, pay attention to this wisdom; don’t let your body’s appetites truncate God’s plans for your life. If you don’t strike this balance, your life will be erratic and unstable, and you will shorten God’s hand to elevate you.

In 1 Corinthians 4:20, the Bible says that we need to be mature. God is looking for mature men and women, people that are mature in their spirit, soul and body. A total man is a man that is mature in his spirit, in his soul and in his body. He is that man whose spirit is in tune with God, whose senses have been exercised and his spiritual faculties activated. You must train your human spirit; it is your job. God saves your spirit but you need to train it to stay tuned to God. You train it by feeding it with the Word of God, meditating on the Word of God, and obeying the Word of God and the voice of His Spirit. For your body, take care of it and keep it healthy.

*Prayer*
Father Lord, please teach me to control the desires of my body. Teach me to balance the synergy of my spirit, body and soul so that I can live a meaningful life.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that I walk in the spirit and I do not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. I discipline my body and keep it under control.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:57am On Aug 25, 2023
PST .SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 25, 2023

*Your Detractors are Helping God*

*Acts 4:27-28, NKJV*
_For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done._

If we look at the travails of Jesus at face value, we will easily conclude that all the people involved – the Pharisees, Jews, Pilate, Herod, even Judas, and the soldiers – were the ones who ill-treated and killed Him. But the Bible tells us otherwise. All those people were simply executors of God’s purpose. Jesus came into the world solely to die on behalf of mankind, so the people who played different roles were only actors in a grand divine scheme that God Himself plotted. The verse above confirms that to us.

Similarly, in your life, there are times when you have sour experiences that appear to contradict what your faith walk should look like. The truth is that whilst the experiences may not be orchestrated by God, He permitted them and is using them to make happen His ultimate plans for your life. Although challenges don’t come from God, He still uses them to administer His purposes in your life. And when a challenge completes its purpose, God gets you out of it. This is why the Bible says no temptation comes to us that is beyond our capacity to bear, and through it, God always provides a way of escape (see 1 Cor.10:13). This means that God deliberately regulates the challenges that He allows the devil to throw at us, making sure that none is above our capacity. And while the devil is doing his thing, God works behind the scenes to make sure the circumstances push us into His purposes for our lives. So, ultimately the devil loses as long as we cooperate with God.

Unfortunately, many believers often miss the mark and fail the tests that come their way. They cower and derail from God’s intentions. That is a gross error; don’t let the devil win over you. No matter what he is throwing at you, he is merely a pawn in God’s hands because you will always have the victory and the last laugh. Stay in faith; your challenges are only helping God to actualize His purposes for your life.

*Prayer*
Dear God, help me to stand firm in Your word and faith, knowing that You are too faithful to fail and You are working everything out for my good, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I receive grace and power to endure and overcome every challenge, knowing that they are all working out God’s big plans for me!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:21am On Aug 26, 2023
PST.SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, August 26, 2023

*Receiving Answers to Prayer*

*James 4:1-3, KJV*
_From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts._

*Luke 11:2, KJV*
_And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth._

Prayer is a very important subject that we must continue to learn about in our Christian walk. Andrew Murray said, “Of all the duties expected of us as Christians, none is more important yet none is more neglected than prayer.” There are three categories of people on earth: those that do not pray either because they do not believe in it or do not know about it, those who pray but do not receive answers, and those who pray effectively and receive answers.

Once a man gets a good handle of the subject of prayer and prays effectively, such a man is likely to do other things well. There are keys that guarantee effective prayer, one of which is praying God’s will for a situation, person or people on earth. That is, to be effective in prayer, it is important to understand that prayer is not “Let heaven respond to what earth desires.” And it is not a method for satisfying our flimsiest desires without recourse to God and His intentions. True prayer is “Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
When it comes to the will of the Father, it is not about what our human nature wants but what the Father desires. Effective prayer, therefore, begins with seeking the face of the Father to know His mind about any situation we are faced with, then taking His will to the place of prayer to translate it into its material equivalent. Hence, we begin prayer with a posture of surrender to God, an attitude of worship, recognizing that because Jesus said “It is finished,” the work of our reconciliation and access has been completed.

What situation are you faced with today? Spend time in prayer downloading the mind of the Father about it. Turn to the help of the Spirit of God to know what the mind of the Father is about that situation. By this you will get the right prayer point, that is what is on the mind of the Spirit, then you can boldly confront that situation in prayer and expect it to give way by the power of God. Elijah heard the sound of the abundance of rain; he did not decide it was time for rain to fall. The error of a lot of Christians is going to pray without hearing any sound. They go with a long list of what they want and how they want it. That is back-flipping the order. For every situation, God has made a way of escape. In prayer our eyes are opened to see that way of escape and use it.

*Prayer*
I receive wisdom to pray effectively and receive answers to my prayers in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
The eyes of my understanding are flooded with light and I comprehend with all the saints the mind of God concerning every challenging situation confronting me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, August 27, 2023

*The Growth Process*

*Mark 4:26-29, NKJV*
_And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”_

We live in a seed-based realm. Everything on earth must follow the law of seed, time and harvest. Seed is something that can be planted and has the capacity to regenerate itself, time suggests the process of growth, while harvest speaks of results, measured arrival and success. It is therefore important to know your seed, understand the process, and know the harvest you are expecting. In knowing the seed, you must know the genetic code of the seed you are planting. It will determine how long you treat it for and the kind of conditions that must surround where it is planted. The way you prepare a corn seed for planting is not the same for a cocoa seed. And their respective genetic codes determine how long the seed must be in the ground before it germinates as well as the time between planting and ripe fruition for harvest.

As confirmed by our Scripture reference, we usually don’t know how a seed grows. The earth takes our seeds from us and conspires with the elements in the environment to cause the seeds to grow to maturity and yield our desired harvest. This connotes a very personal experience, each farmer reaping according to his planting. Hence, it is important that you do not compare your seed or your harvest with your neighbour’s. Focus on what God has given you. You can learn from others but do not compare your seed with theirs. Maybe the seed God has given you is a tomato seed and what He has given your neighbour is a cocoa seed. Yes, you both might follow the same steps of planting, watering, nurturing to grow and getting a harvest, but the processes and time involved in cultivating each person’s seed cannot be the same. There is therefore no need to compare yourself or your results with others.

Everything your seed needs will come to meet it where it is planted. So when you plant the seed you don’t need to worry about what it needs. The seed has in itself the capacity to send signals to the environment to attract everything it needs. The right seed and the right ground with the right conditions will produce the right results. All you need is to ensure that you have the right seed and create the right conditions around it, and everything being equal, your harvest will come in due season as ordained by God.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, help me to identify my seed and to make sense of the process you have called me to apply towards my desired harvest.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that my planted seeds are producing my desired harvest. Every harvest that is due me that is yet to come in, I call them forth in the name of Jesus! And by the help of God the right conditions are created around my seeds sown to ensure maximum outputs, in Jesus’ mighty name! Amen
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 28, 2023

*God’s Mirror*

*2 Corinthians 3:18, AMP*
_And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit._

When you study the Word of God, you’re actually looking into the mirror of God. And in it you see yourself. As you study and meditate, what you see is the glory of God, and that glory is your true reflection, because God’s Word mirrors you. It shows your identity, origin, potential, and ability in Christ Jesus.
When we preach the Gospel and teach others the Word, we’re holding God’s mirror to them so they can see themselves in the Word, know who they are, as well as their rights and abilities in Christ. The one who hitherto thought he was a sinner, unworthy and undeserving of God’s love, suddenly sees that he is recklessly loved by God. The one who thought he was condemned suddenly discovers that Christ has paid the price for his salvation, and he immediately begins to walk in that light. That’s the power of God’s Word; it works through the mirror principle.

The Word doesn’t only show you who you are, it also imparts to you the ability to live accordingly. For example, 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” Notice the careful choice of words as inspired by the Holy Spirit in this verse: Christ Jesus was made sin for you, that you might be made the righteousness of God in Him! This means you’ve become the very expression of His righteousness. You’re to see yourself that way, accept it and live accordingly. Keep studying and meditating on the Word of God, for the more you do, the more His glory is increased and revealed in and through you.

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for the transforming power of Your Word.

*Declaration*
I am the expression of God’s righteousness, unveiling His goodness and excellence to the world. I have the ability to see the glorious realities in God’s Word; I see who I am, what God calls me and what He has made me in Christ Jesus. So I walk in the reality of my inheritance, authority and ability in Christ, in Jesus’ Name! Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2023

Holyhill Church

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, August 29, 2023

*Guard Your Heart*

*Proverbs 4:23, NKJV*
_Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life._

*Matthew 15:11, NKJV*
_Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man._

The first Scripture above warns us to guard our hearts with all diligence, because from it proceeds the issues of life. This means that the state of our heart goes a long way in determining the state and outcomes of our lives. Hence, we must be diligent in keeping watch over our heart regarding the things that we allow to settle in it. Why? Jesus taught us that what defiles a man are the things that proceed from his heart.

Day after day the enemy never relents in firing unwholesome and ungodly thoughts into our hearts, to the end that our actions can follow suit and hinder us from entering into the fullness of God’s plans for our lives. One of such ungodly thoughts is that of rebellion against God and against constituted authority. Rebellion against God comes in various forms, some of which begin by a gradual decline in one’s prayer life and word study. This begins to lower a person’s guard against temptations and eventually leads them into sin. Others may start with a sudden discontentment with the house of God, perhaps the way a service was conducted or hurt caused by someone in church and leading to offence. This may gradually stop the person from attending church services, pulling them away from God and sliding down the slippery road of sin.

The point here is that rebellion starts with a thought, somewhat “legitimate” and justifiable, but the end goal in the mind of the enemy is to alienate us from God, from church and from productive relationships that could do us a world of good. Rebellion against constituted authority also begins when we allow a thought planted by the enemy to fester and grow, eventually culminating in acts of sabotage. The lesson for us today is to guard our hearts by diligently praying for our heart daily, reading and meditating on God’s word to dispel ungodly thoughts, and holding every contrary thought captive through prayer. May God deliver us from every form of rebellion!

*Prayer*
Father, safeguard my heart from rebellion.

*Declaration*
In Jesus’ name, I declare that my heart is safeguarded from every form of rebellion. The love of God and for God is amplified in my heart. Therefore, I obey and please Him in all things. I honour constituted authority and I do not rebel. My mind is sound at all times in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:34am On Aug 30, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, 30 August, 2021

*Joy Unspeakable*

*Habakkuk 3:17-18 NKJV*
_Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls—yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation._

*Romans 14:17 NKJV*
_For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit._

Joy is an important spiritual factor in the life of a Believer. According to Romans 14:17 above, joy is a major component of the Kingdom of God. That means without joy you can’t say you are in the Kingdom of God. And it is with joy we draw water out of the wells of salvation. Joy is our fetcher, therefore.
Joy is choosing to respond to external circumstances with inner contentment and satisfaction, knowing that God uses every experience to accomplish His work in and through our lives. Joy is deep-rooted, inspired happiness that comes only from God. That’s why it is called the Joy of the Lord, because it originates from God.
We equip ourselves to respond to life’s trials with joy when we focus on God’s purpose for those times of suffering. James 1:2 says to count it all joy when we fall into various trials. The word “count” in this verse means to consider, systematically scrutinise or examine as in taking an exam. The idea here is that the Believer should thoroughly process the potential advantages of the situation at hand so as to gain a better understanding of what God may want to accomplish. The result of this is that when we truly count or consider what God is doing through any given situation, our response will inevitably be one of joy.

Choosing to respond to life’s difficult situations with inner contentment and satisfaction doesn’t seem to make any natural sense, but it makes spirit sense. So, it is possible to have full joy even during life’s most difficult times. You can choose to respond with praises and laughter when you are going through tough times, because you know by the Word that God is working out something good for you. Because He is a good God.

Our negative circumstances must not change our perception of who God is. Joy is there to guard and protect our hearts from fears, depression, bitterness, etc. Joy will help us to enter and enjoy the promises of God. Notice that all the children of Israel that were full of murmuring and complaints did not enter the promised land. In this Kingdom, we live in joy because the Joy Giver lives in us. Once we become conscious of His presence, then we can live in that realm of continuous joy. For in God’s presence there is fullness of joy.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to be conscious of Your presence in my life so that I can enjoy all the benefits that come with it, in Jesus’ name.

*Declarations*
I am joyful. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I rejoice in the midst of trials and tribulations. I see what God is showing me and doing for me. With joy I draw all that my salvation entails for me in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2023
PST .SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 31, 2023

*I believe, I Speak*

*2 Corinthians 4:13, KJV*
_We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;_

*Romans 10:8-10, KJV*
_But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation._

God has created a strong connection between our heart and mouth. Paying attention to and understanding this connection is key to living the life God intends for us to live. As the Scripture says, according to His divine power God has already given us all things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Jesus. However, we might fail to receive the things that have been freely given to us if we lack understanding of the heart and mouth connection.

You see, the heart and the mouth are the two important elements involved in receiving from God. Starting with salvation, the Bible clearly states that man receives with the heart. It did not stop there, however. Reading and stopping at this point is tantamount to running with an incomplete tiding. The other part of that Scripture states that, “…and with mouth, confession is made unto salvation.” Salvation in this portion of Scriptures is from the Greek word “Soteria,” which connotes deliverance, health, safety and saving. It is therefore instructive to know that if we are going to experience the deliverance of God, or His protection, provision and healing, we must follow the two parts of Romans 10:10. We must believe with our heart and confess with our mouth.

You cannot claim to believe when you are saying nothing. Your words are the true reflection of what you believe. Today, beyond believing in your heart that Jesus has healed you, you must put it in your mouth and begin to say it. Beyond believing that your child or family member will come to the knowledge of salvation, you need to start declaring it. Beyond believing in your heart that your needs will be met, you need to start saying it. The Bible says “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.” Hallelujah!

*Prayer*
Father, help me to consistently put believing and speaking to practice in my life that I may receive all that is mine in Christ Jesus.

*Declaration*
I have the Spirit of faith, therefore I declare daily what the Word of God says about me. My mouth is not closed; my mouth is open to boldly declare the things I have seen and believed from the Word of God. I am ………………. (fix in the things you believe). Thank You, Jesus, because I have what I say.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, September 1, 2023

*NEVER-ENDING VICTORY*

*1 Corinthians 15:57 NKJV*
_But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ._

Welcome to the glorious month of September! It is our month of victory to victory. In this month, God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ will be leading us on the path of never-ending victory. However, this will become our reality only when we join forces with Him to establish the victory secured for us through the cross of Christ.

A line in one of the ancient hymns of the church says, “Stand up, stand up for Jesus.” It underscores the fact that we are soldiers of the cross, and more than ever before, this is the hour in which we must stand up for Christ. It's time for us as believers and as the church to lift up the royal banner of righteousness. Indeed, we live in a time where people are flying flags of unrighteousness: gay marriages, gay pride, LGBTQ community and the like. The Church of Jesus Christ must stand up now more than ever before to represent Jesus and elevate the things of God above all else in this end-time. This is how we will push back darkness. When light refuses to shine, darkness will dominate. But when light shines, darkness disappears. The kingdom of God must not suffer loss under our watch. We must stand our ground to push back the narrative and boundary lines of evil. To create a safe space for people and children to see and experience the light of God.

When you represent a king and a kingdom, your loyalty and commitment are first to your king and the kingdom. Hence, as soldiers of Jesus Christ, we must do all to please our King. And because our King is the head of His own army, He is set to lead us from victory to victory. Therefore, we must be watchful in the place of prayer and continue marching in the direction He leads, until every enemy of light is brought under our feet as the Word of God says: “The Lord said unto my Lord, sit down at My right hand until I make all Your enemies Your footstool.” It is by marching with Him and standing for Him that this prophecy will become a reality in our lives. We must march on in streaks of victory until Jesus is Lord in the heart of every man we encounter.

We must continue to stand by the strength that the Spirit supplies. We cannot trust in our own abilities, powers or skills to win the victory we seek. We must stand by the help of the Holy Spirit. And we must put on the whole armour of Christ. How? Stay in the place of prayer, walk in holiness, and fight the good fight of faith, for the song of victory will always follow the noise of battle. We must stand in faith till the end, for only the overcomers will be crowned victorious.
Furthermore, the call to fight is a call to glory. That is why it is called the good fight of faith. Therefore, you will experience glory and all-round victory in all areas of your life this month. For as we take a stand for Him in faith, He in turn fights for us. This will be for you a September to remember in Jesus’ mighty name! Amen.

*PRAYER*
Father Lord, help me to stay strong, stand strong and stay with You until all-round victory becomes my reality, in Jesus’ name! Amen.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that September 2023 opens to me in glory, splendour and uncommon favour. This September, it is forward ever and backwards never. It is victory to victory for me. It will end in joy and in glory for me, In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2023

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, September 2, 2023

*WHAT DO I DO WITH MY MORNINGS?*

*Psalms 5:3 NKJV*
_My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up._

*Psalm 59:16 NKJV*
_But I will sing of Your power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble._

Oftentimes when King David is being discussed, believers are quick to point out that God referred to him as “The man after my own heart.” Thinking about this, there is a lot we can learn from David because of the kind of relationship he had with God. We need to pay attention to how David related with God so as to enjoy the same kind of relationship. Thank God we have David’s writings to glean from.

One obvious thing about David was that he always – consistently and continuously – sought the face of God in the early hours of every morning. Two scriptures from the Book of Psalms readily come to mind when we consider the activities of David in the early mornings. That’s the scriptures above.
He began every morning by lifting up his voice to God, bringing his requests to God. Then he proceeded to sing of God’s power and strength, praising Him for who He is and what He has done. We know and see the ability of God in His strength and power. Therefore, we sing of His doings in time past and in the present, and in acknowledgement of who He is. The next thing we see David do is rejoicing in God’s love and mercy. God’s love is ever revealed to us daily. His loving-kindness and mercies to us are sure and new every morning. His tender mercies are always upon us. These are what formed the crux of David’s daily rejoicing. Finally, David declared God as his defence and refuge every day. God guides, shields and protects us from all forms of external assault. And in Him we find refuge, dwelling in the comfort, safety and plenty He provides.

The beginning of the day is very important. Set the tune of your day early in the morning by spending quality time in the presence of God. Get saturated and soaked in His glory. Energise your day in the glory and power of God, and release the creative force of the Holy Spirit upon your day every morning. Declare God’s faithfulness, goodness and mercies upon your life every morning.

*Prayer*
Father, I receive grace to daily seek Your face and spend time in Your presence.

*Declaration*
In Jesus’ name, I declare that daily I rejoice in the presence of God. My heart pants for the presence of God in the mornings. Early in the mornings, I rise to seek the face of my Lord.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) / "I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce / How To Survive In This Era Of End-time Churches & End-time Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.