Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,078 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria (56632 Views)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate / Remote Work: Any Hope For Non-Tech Nigerians? / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2022
kamtrix:
the thing is grey cannot directly be used on upwork anymore. However they have a far higher USD rate than payoneer. So what works is that you link your grey to your payoneer then when you receive money on payoneer you send it to grey for a better rate.

Okay. This is for people that change with Payoneer or Grey, I don’t do that. Thanks for this tip.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ately1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
RockhouseCafe:

Care to throw more light on this to help newbies? Thanks

Feel free to whatsapp me
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by NUJABEZ: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
RockhouseCafe:

I discovered Upwork by myself and my research on google actually brought me to this thread. So maybe I qualify for some help grin . Abeg help with the bolded. Interested in Virtual Admin Assistant but can seem to wrap my head around the many tools showing up from my search.

We can have a chat... I was once a VA. Send me an email: contactify0@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by RockhouseCafe: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
NUJABEZ:

We can have a chat... I was once a VA. Send me an email: contactify0@gmail.com

Sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by determination26(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hi, I just sent you a pm, I would like to know more about grey. Bank rates for payoneer are really not friendly
kamtrix:
the thing is grey cannot directly be used on upwork anymore. However they have a far higher USD rate than payoneer. So what works is that you link your grey to your payoneer then when you receive money on payoneer you send it to grey for a better rate.

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Didiplay: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
pocohantas:
My 9months Experience As A Naija-based Remote Worker

Hey Queen Poco. It’s your fan girl here again ooo. I got great news. I got a gig. I want to hug you, hold you squeeze you and send you thank you airtime.
P.s the rate is really really low but to be honest I didn’t expect I’ll get anything considering. It’s just a few days and a lot of things are floating on my mind but at least I got verified.
Thank you thank you

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Didiplay:

Hey Queen Poco. It’s your fan girl here again ooo. I got great news. I got a gig. I want to hug you, hold you squeeze you and send you thank you airtime.
P.s the rate is really really low but to be honest I didn’t expect I’ll get anything considering. It’s just a few days and a lot of things are floating on my mind but at least I got verified.
Thank you thank you

Eweyyy! Squeeze kwa? grin grin

You asked a lot of questions and I would have been very angry if you made me expend energy only to drop by the way. cry

Never mind the rate. The good news is you did something right to attract a client. Next step is to improve on what you did right.

You are most welcome. I hope your story serves as a motivation to someone.

7 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
pocohantas:

Eweyyy! Squeeze kwa? grin grin

You asked a lot of questions and I would have been very angry if you made me expend energy only to drop by the way. cry

Never mind the rate. The good news is you did something right to attract a client. Next step is to improve on what you did right.

You are most welcome.I hope your story serves as a motivation to someone.
Someone like me grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2022
Persephone1:
Someone like me grin grin

Lol. Your own done tire me. cheesy
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by StanleyOnline: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
pocohantas:

Their personal problem. It won’t stop the next paycheck.

Many people think it is only tech bros and sis that make it in freelance. I also saw a Nigerian HR personnel charging $45/hr. I saw another lawyer at almost $100/hr. I have not seen many tech people, but I know they are there sha.

What services could the lawyer have been offering?

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by trashhub: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
Do you have plastics bottle to sell, you can call us or send us a mail.
Phones: 09097984497
For enquiries: trashhubng@gmail.com

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2022
StanleyOnline:

What services could the lawyer have been offering?

You can google that or sign up to find out. I didn’t take note and I am not a lawyer.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
pocohantas:

You can google that or sign up to find out. I didn’t take note and I am not a lawyer.
which device is best to use phone or a laptop?
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Sammydee01: 2:59am On Oct 05, 2022
pocohantas:
My 9months Experience As A Naija-based Remote Worker

I have studied u for a while nw pocohantas and I can bodly conclude that u are so informed and intelligent for a lady and for this I'm really impressed. if not dat im married I would have courted u lol. anyways. ☺️. keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by kkins25(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Sammydee01:
I have studied u for a while nw pocohantas and I can bodly conclude that u are so informed and intelligent for a lady and for this I'm really impressed. if not dat im married I would have courted u lol. anyways. ☺️. keep up the good work.
Finished man!! Of all the places Poco would find 'Love' its NairaF'ingLand. If that happens then that guy must be Zeus in the flesh.
Ogbeni go back to your wife.

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by kkins25(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Brownshoe:
which device is best to use phone or a laptop?
Unless you want to develop eye problem soonest, have small thumbs, have a 14inch screen, better go with the laptop

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
bro abeg show me way,help my life,i don submit pro... tire, no invite talkless of interview.
kkins25:
Unless you want to develop eye problem soonest, have small thumbs, have a 14inch screen, better go with the laptop
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Kpboy1: 1:50am On Oct 23, 2022
pocohantas:
Sometimes You Are Just This Close…

Quick question - Did you ever utilise this Vlookup or Xlookup skills? It helps to know saturated areas/scare skill set as you put it...Good tips. I do bit of VBA but enjoy large data set reconciliations. Kind regards
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by AlphaTaikun: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
pocohantas:
It was exactly November 2nd, 2021, I was cruising around Nairaland and I saw THIS COMMENT by a female Nairalander.

How's it going Poco?

An insightful thread.

As a business founder/CEO myself, your posts made reference to empathy towards members of the remote workforce and a good salary plan, and that resonated with me because those are some of the elements needed to increase productivity.

It is only a boss who has "emotional intelligence" that can show empathy to members of staff and keep them happy and focused.

Last but not least, I have been a member of this forum since 2005 with an older moniker and you are clearly in the top 5 female posters ever on NL who write with a lot of clarity... and you are very witty too. I was cracking up to some of your posts here. Lol.

Enjoy your day. Take care. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by DevilsEqual(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2022
RightToReject:

If you are a top-notch professional as a software engineer, designer, finance expert, product manager, or project manager, forget about Upwork, Freelancer.com, Fiverr, etc., and go to Toptal because that's where top talents are and where high-net-worth companies usually hire. It is more vigorous with its screening process, but that is where you will make real money and stay steadily advanced. And you don't need any introduction to get things done.

"Topnotch Professionals"?
I am just about to start my journey in Data Analysis
whats my fate?

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by UrVillagePpl: 2:17am On Nov 08, 2023
rolams:
Thanks so much for dropping this big information. I have worked for MTN as a call centre agent before. I have the experience to work on CRM. I will try to learn more and go back to upwork. I have an account there, I will try my luck again!

You really motivated me.
hello bro, how is it going.
I'm currently working as a call agent.
And I'm looking for a bigger challenge.

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2023
Google internet services providers in Nigeria. Send your CV
UrVillagePpl:
hello bro, how is it going.
I'm currently working as a call agent.
And I'm looking for a bigger challenge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by kkins25(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
kamtrix:
Interesting information!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Nancy311: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2023
Please I would like to know is it only Limited or favorable to those with tech skills
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by askarachi: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hello please I am looking for a similar opportunity in DevOps / software engineering. From what I understand Almond Careers majorly focuses on PMs and BAs. Please any form of help will be appreciated
NUJABEZ:

It was five years for me. In 2020, I took a break from work. For one year I massively upskilled. Got three certifications: Product Design, Product Management, and Project Management, plus a 5-month internship with a company in the UK offered through Almond Careers in a role that combined aspects of each specialization.

Prior to the upskilling, I made $$ 10-12, but after it, in 2021, I became qualified for roles that pay more than $25 per hour, off Upwork, and with benefits. Inasmuch as where someone is right now is a good starting point, I wish I hadn't lingered at the beginner level for too long. Someone who used to work on Upwork in UI/UX that I know now works in Ireland and getting more than $150k per annum just because they advanced their skills so well, got into Toptal, worked for Loom, and then a European fintech employed him mid-2021.

We will all get there, hopefully, or even found startups that will create jobs.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
obiekunie01:

oh that? ok i already have a dorm account. i thought its a new one.

Nice write up there.

VPN makes it easier to get a job fast at upwork just claim anywhere except naija.
you can even claim Ethiopia.
Just make sure your vpn is a paid package to avoid IP leaks.

Is there at VPN you can recommend?
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Shaneroberts: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2023
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Benjamin4388(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2023
Mindlog:
4) Nigerians hate to research. I stupidly told some clients I didn’t know this and that. Whereas I could have learned it in a few hours via YouTube. EVERY INFORMATION YOU NEED IS JUST A CLICK AWAY......I remember when I was doing some ancestry research for a Canadian client, she then asked if I can transcribe, I replied YES.....me whey neva transcribe before! cheesy

I spent a full day on YouTube watching several videos on it as I couldn't afford to miss the $265 she has on the table for the work. cheesy
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Sayboy: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
If you have a job and want to improve your productivity by moving into a new apartment, we can help finance your rent. To get started, please reach out to Sayo on WhatsApp @ 08132145325 or fill out this form: https://airtable.com/appvLXBi6BUFsWxo4/shrVD47Kh3WI7PVbF

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS / The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.