Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu (47139 Views)

“I Cannot Be A Yoruba Boy And Vote For Igbo” - Prophet Oladele Supports Tinubu / APC Presidential Primary: Fayemi Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / Tinubu Is God’s Choice For 2023 Presidency – Bishop Kayode Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2022
plaindealer:

Stop boring me with your ignorant and bigoted rubbish, democracy is all about choices, freedom of association and freedom of choice, not about you religious bigots and fake Christians and brown envelope chasing CAN.

Are you Igbos terrorists not idol worshipers sef?

Thought I was discussing with a sane mind........may all born males in your family be TERRORISTS and may your Children turn to Terrorists against whatever good you have for them ...... Amen

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by emerged01(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2022
Niklaus398:
God didn't send him. It is that simple. And he himself said it. That when they go to Tinubu in those days he gives them envelope. So isn't he a brown envelope bishop? Lol.

Bishop kukah isn't saying vote Tinubu like this fake Bishop are telling us too and even lying that God said Nigerians should vote Tinubu..which God?

God is not a God of partial
Did God tell those pastors telling their congregation to vote one candidate to do so?

Bro,the roles of our Christian leaders are far beyond what we see them doing today. We all know the influence of christian missionaries on our govt. They brought light to Africa not only Nigeria. Even in USA they laid USA foundation on Christianity practice. What practice has our Christian leaders laid?
Look at Pastor of OPM,those are the practice expected of them. CAN are not suppose to be fighting the govt,they are suppose to coordinating the activities pastors to ensure they spread the gospel and they care of the needy as pastor OPM has been doing. OPM has up 20 secondary schools,hospitals e.t.c not using church money to set schools the church member cannot attend. And CAN that are suppose to protect Christians' has nothing to say about such evil practice.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Skyonebaba: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2022
Everyone claims to have heard from God , am confused now ooo , is God now saying different things to you guys abi na una dey dribble us ?
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Is he still serving that said bishop?

And if we go by what it means to be a bishop I'm afraid many including registered churches with CAN don't fit in at all.

He was called by his spiritual father an evangelist... Hmm, when does it become the responsibility of any man to decide what ministry of the Holy Spirit a man called to service should operate. You can be a bishop yet an evangelist in nature and calling.
It's obvious from your line of questioning that you do not understand many things about Christianity. First find out what a Bishop is. It is not a spiritual office like a prophet, evangelist or apostle, but rather an administrative one. Now, quick question. Can an administrator be self-appointed? It takes a Bishop to ordain another. It is scripturally wrong and hierarchically abnormal to self-appoint oneself a Bishop. Look, you can even self-ordain yourself a prophet or evangelist than a Bishop because those offices can be exercise of a gift which is clear to all men. So if Kayode Williams suddenly come out and claim to be a bishop, it behoves on him to tell us how he got there. It's just like those fake bishops. None of them can tell us who appointed them bishops. You can be an excellent software programmer. It's a skill you acquire. But you can't be called a software engineer until you study the course at a university, where others who have also studied and obtained degrees in the field confer it on you. That's same with bishoprics
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2022
Decent09:

But the Pastor's said he is being directed by God, even though he didn't explain which one (Abi The Father, the Son or The Holy Spirit), so since it's from God, then all christiandom have to accept it whole heartedly
Well, he is not a member of CAN so whatever he says it's for him and his disciples. You can't decide for an organization you're not part of.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

I belong to a body of Christ and I'm ok with that. Whether they be registered or not isn't my motivation, but how much of Jesus they expose me to is what matters.
Very true. It is also why you should care for the flock of Christ as he commanded before leaving the Earth.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Is prophet Obadare his God or a privileged spiritual father of his?
Certificate doesn't qualify you as one before God. Anyone can be certified on the basis of man's parameters but what is God saying about you as a certified minister of His?
Have we not seen certified bishops or men with titles who brought shame to the body of Christ?
True. But the Bible passages that establish the office of a Bishop says they must be appointed by other bishops not self-appointed. Read 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 especially. Let me paste Titus 1:5 here:
For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee

From the bolded, you can see Paul appointed Titus a bishop and then asked him to appoint others likewise using the template he gave him.
So Bishop is not a calling of the Holy Spirit. It is an administrative position that is by appointment from another Bishop. If anyone says God appointed him or her a Bishop, he will have to explain where that one come from
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by McStoic(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2022
OnyeAshuaUru:
Archbishop Onaiyekan we know.
Bishop Oyedepo we know.
Bishop Kukah we also know.

This unknown god-man can only be a Bishop of Tinubu diocese.

God bless you for this well thought comment
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Very true. It is also why you should care for the flock of Christ as he commanded before leaving the Earth.

Caring for them doesn't mean I should force or manipulate their decisions with respect to their choice of leadership.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by starz100: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2022
Look at how he used the name of God to lie that God said Tinubu will be next president. Can't you make your choice without bringing in God. I know Tinubu is your brother, but don't deceive anyone in the name of God. By 2023, we shall all face the consequences of the choices we have made
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

True. But the Bible passages that establish the office of a Bishop says they must be appointed by other bishops not self-appointed. Read 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 especially. Let me paste Titus 1:5 here:
From the bolded, you can see Paul appointed Titus a bishop and then asked him to appoint others likewise using the template he gave him.

From the scripture you quoted in 1 Tim 3: 1-5, it speaks of one who desires and gave requirements and if one meets those requirements as a founder of a church, what stops him from being a bishop?

Secondly, the appointment as spoken in Titus was for elders and not bishops. There's a distinct between an elder and a bishop in terms of operations (office). More so, as much as you're a founder of your own ministry wether or not someone ordained you, you can be titled the bishop of your ministry.

I don't buy into this titles of a thing though.

So Bishop is not a calling of the Holy Spirit. It is an administrative position that is by appointment from another Bishop. If anyone says God appointed him or her a Bishop, he will have to explain where that one come from

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Redman44(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2022
If you are in Nasarawa State, please go out and join the Labour Party's 1 Million Man March in Lafia today. Join the March from any street or junction where you are located. Thanks.

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You're a great mind and your response speaks volume of your integrity and person. You're indeed a brethren and I'm glad to meet a sound mind like you. More grace
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by laladre: 10:51am On Aug 06, 2022
life2017:

https://thenationonlineng.net/cans-stance-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-not-of-god-bishop/

Oloriburuku, endtime Bishop, the directive is not from God but from Tinubu, this Stupid Bishop don/wan cashout on Tinubu, chai we no get men of God again, na men of Politics we get now, God sef don weak, our men of God don use him name cause wahala enough .
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by alibiz: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2022
That's his own choice and tinubu his brother.
Both him and tinubu will be disgraced next year.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by deeva2: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2022
I DON TALK AM BEFORE....SO MANY PASTORS AND BISHOPS ARE SUPPORTING TINUBU..THEY WILL SOON START COMING OUT TO DEFEND JAGABAN.

Obi-diots go call this one fake bishop now..

BAT 2023

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Caring for them doesn't mean I should force or manipulate their decisions with respect to their choice of leadership.
Who is forcing or manipulating their decisions between CAN and Kayode Williams?
May I ask? Do you think it is fair for anyone to claim God sent him when God did not?
I have already established that CAN never claimed God told them to reject M-M ticket. They did so out of the conviction that it does not serve the interest of Christians given the persecution Christians have faced from the hands of Islamists in recent times, examples being that of Deborah Samuel and Owo massacre.
What greater care can exist between leaders and the led than to look out for their best interests instead of claiming divine authority over them when there's no need to?
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by deeva2: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2022
alibiz:
That's his own choice and tinubu his brother.
Both him and tinubu will be disgraced next year.

Is Bishop Kukah also Tinubus' brother?

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

May I ask? Do you think it is fair for anyone to claim God sent him when God did not?
I have already established that CAN never claimed God told them to reject M-M ticket. They did so out of the conviction that it does not serve the interest of Christians given the persecution Christians have faced from the hands of Islamists in recent times, examples being that of Deborah Samuel and Owo massacre.
What greater care can exist between leaders and the led than to look out for their best interests instead of claiming divine authority over them when there's no need to?

Lol
Boss I respect your opinion but as much as I'm concerned this isn't about care but CAN's self interest.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by deeva2: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Well, he is not a member of CAN so whatever he says it's for him and his disciples. You can't decide for an organization you're not part of.

Just as CAN dont have the right to decide for Nigerian Christians because not all Christians/churches are part of CAN..

BAT 2023

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

What was CAN response to the aforementioned murder? What did they do to alleviate the pains of the families of the victims and the victims in the case of those in owo?
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2022
[quote author=tonyuny12 post=115432474][/quote]
As you can see from your picture, elder, bishop, pastor are used interchangeably in New testament Greek. If you look at verse 6 and 7 of that chapter, you will see that he lists same qualities as was listed in 1 Timothy and also uses the word overseer in v7 that was used in Titus 1. Even in 1 Timothy 3, you will clearly see that the lists are what Apostle Paul believed to be requirements to qualify for the office of a bishop. May I ask. if there are standards to be met before you can acquire a certain status, is it proper that the same candidate is allowed to examine himself, score himself and appoint himself? 1 Timothy says if anyone aspires to be an overseer. You only aspire to something you wish to be not make yourself.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

As you can see from your picture, elder, bishop, pastor are used interchangeably in New testament Greek. If you look at verse 6 and 7 of that chapter, you will see that he lists same qualities as was listed in 1 Timothy and also uses the word overseer in v7 that was used in Titus 1. Even in 1 Timothy 3, you will clearly see that the lists are what Apostle Paul believed to be requirements to qualify for the office of a bishop. May I ask. if there are standards to be met before you can acquire a certain status, is it proper that the same candidate is allowed to examine himself, score himself and appoint himself? 1 Timothy says if anyone aspires to be an overseer. You only aspire to something you wish to be not make yourself.
So does that mean all who are elders in churches are bishops? Then with the lifestyles of many called elders in the church I think we are making a mess of the office and it calls for concern.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by jamace(m): 11:26am On Aug 06, 2022
The cassock does not make the monk. Some bishops are just title holders and will support those who wants to be president of Nigeria because of the title. Birds of same feather.........
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Stanleyq: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2022
life2017:

https://thenationonlineng.net/cans-stance-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-not-of-god-bishop/
Fact check. After checking this man spiritually, we concluded that this man is not a bishop with facts, no bishop can support a muslim muslim ticket, no muslim can support a christian christian ticket. Though, there has nt been a christian christian ticket.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by basadenet: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2022
If the same kayode Williams we know, then he should get his skull examined immediately. Nigeria is a secular state, which invariably means that, no group or religion is superior to other.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by ufotunang: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2022
babaolofin:

You think so?
...yes
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

So does that mean all who are elders in churches are bishops? Then with the lifestyles of many called elders in the church I think we are making a mess of the office and it calls for concern.
Oh I understand you. It was protestant churches that made a distinction between elders as laymen and pastors as Bishops. Some apostolic churches even have overseers after elders. It all depends on use and semantics but the fact still remains that whether bishop, elder or overseer, the qualities still remain the same. And they are all by appointment not spiritual calling. There's nothing like God called me to be a bishop. That one is not scriptural.
Re: Bishop Kayode Williams Disagrees With CAN, Supports Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

What was CAN response to the aforementioned murder? What did they do to alleviate the pains of the families of the victims and the victims in the case of those in owo?
CAN delegation from Akure visited Owo. Same for Sokoto. CAN Sokoto condemned her murder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Hilarious Post Shehu Sani Made After The 2019 Elections / Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" / Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.