Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (90140 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
wole001:

My EB2-NIW was approved since 11th January and I am yet to get a correspondence from NVC. How long does this take, and what documents should I be putting together for the visa interview?
Congratulations. Has your case been sent to NVC? It should be sent within 16 days or less after approval. Then expect welcome letter in 60 days or less after your case goes to NVC.
Regarding documents, see link below.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LGS-Lagos.html

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
adedammy009:

Congratulations. Has your case been sent to NVC? It should be sent within 16 days or less after approval. Then expect welcome letter in 60 days or less after your case goes to NVC.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LGS-Lagos.html

Thank you so much, Yes, it has been sent to NVC but I still await a mail from NVC. they said this should be within 30 days.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by SAYOSOLA: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2023
adedammy009:

I don't think you should mail any original of your documents to NVC, only mail copies. Your originals will be sighted at the embassy during the interview.

Alright, thank you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Tgain: 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the wonderful thread. Please can anyone recommend any Lawyer with specialties in The IT field?
I currently have a Masters degree in Data analytics from a foreign University and I am currently residing in the country , 5 years work experience.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:53am On Feb 06, 2023
Good day all,
I saw this on a Facebook group I joined and I hope this will motivate us all on this journey. Wishing us all speed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
adedammy009:
Good day all,
I saw this on a Facebook group I joined and I hope this will motivate us all on this journey. Wishing us all speed.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2023
Please how long does it take to get interview letter after DQ
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Gratefulme: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone. A principal applicant and his dependants had their interview same day and got approved. He now wants to travel alone while his dependants will join him few months later.

My question is, will there be a problem at the port of entry? Is this a risk not worth taking?

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Gratefulme:
Hello everyone. A principal applicant and his dependants had their interview same day and got approved. He now wants to travel alone while his dependants will join him few months later.

My question is, will there be a problem at the port of entry? Is this a risk not worth taking?

Thanks in advance
The principal applicant must land before or same time as dependants. Dependants must land before visa expiration but not earlier than the principal applicant.. .that's around 6 months from medical.
Dependants will not have any issue so far the visa is still valid even if the principal applicant landed earlier.
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Gratefulme: 8:07am On Feb 15, 2023
adedammy009:

The principal applicant must land before or same time as dependants. Dependants must land before visa expiration but not earlier than the principal applicant.. .that's around 6 months from medical.
Dependants will not have any issue so far the visa is still valid even if the principal applicant landed earlier.
Best wishes.
Thanks for your reply cool
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2023
Has anyone used or know about Colombo & Hurd? They claim expertise in 'formulating' NIW (for EB-2B)
https://www.colombohurdlaw.com/
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2023
Attempt at collating Attorneys/Lawyers mentioned on this thread so far.
Helpout12345:
... Examples of attorneys for industry professionals are
https://www.hooyou.com/
https://messersmithlaw.com/
There are others but I know industry professionals, engineers, accountants that have successfully used those two above.
johnJS:
... Helpout12345 you previously mentioned (thanks again) a couple of attorneys one of which was better for industry professionals – Zhang & Associates of https://www.hooyou.com/
... ...
Helpout12345:
... For oil and gas industry. Add the following to the list of attorneys.
1. https://www.coane.com/attorney/francis-andrew/
- Expensive attorney but helps review recommendation letters.
2. https://luishesslaw.com/
- Reviews recommendation letters.
3. https://messersmithlaw.com/
- You can ask for review of recommendation letters.
Helpout12345:
... the attorney here https://www.wegreened.com/ has a very high success rate in this process but when you look closely on their reviews on their website and on avvo, you will notice majority of their successful clients are researchers and academic professionals. This attorney struggles on applicants from industries like banking, oil and gas, etc, who are not PhD holders, researchers etc.
I can also show you another attorney that is bad for researchers and good for industry professionals.
NotsonewMary:
... ... Consular processing on the other hand is done by applicants outside of the United States.
https://brownimmigrationlaw.com/resources/adjustment-of-status-vs-consular-processing-for-employment-based-immigration/
This link above might help you with a better understanding of both.

Tgain:
... Please can anyone recommend any Lawyer with specialties in The IT field?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
Seemly for the NIW, the key consideration isn't so much of listing one's 'qualifications'/'achievements'. Rather, it's 'rewriting' to address what would be of key interest to the States.
USCIS Updates Guidance on National Interest Waivers
The three factors USCIS considers for a national interest waiver are whether:
- The person’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit and national importance;
- The person is well positioned to advance the proposed endeavor; and
- It would be beneficial to the United States to waive the job offer and thus the permanent labor certification requirements.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please, what is the likely wait time for Lagos-Nigeria embassy/NVC to schedule an interview for EB2-NIW visa category after NVC declares that an application is "documentarily qualified"?

Insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Shubee: 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
I really want to appreciate all for the valuable information on this thread...
After carefully reading from page 1-12 and checking the links shared....ahhhhhh I must sat knowledge is power.
I will be back to share more details on my steps for NIW.
But first, I'm here to say a big thank you and sending e-hugs to all contributors

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
KemsyDA:
Hello everyone,

Please, what is the likely wait time for Lagos-Nigeria embassy/NVC to schedule an interview for EB2-NIW visa category after NVC declares that an application is "documentarily qualified"?

Insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have been DQ since September 2022. Waiting for an interview at the Lagos Embassy...

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
Thank you for your response. I was DQ last month, February, 2023. From all I'm able to gather, it seems it takes averagely 7 months to get IL. Please update me if you get yours within this time-frame.
Thanks...

Koldfuzhion:

I have been DQ since September 2022. Waiting for an interview at the Lagos Embassy...

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by IamMomoh: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hi everyone, I'm happy to have found this place.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by shokimon: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
semmyk:
The 'agent' must tell you the specific code for the unskilled worker category.
If per chance it's the EW-3 visa (broadly the EB-3 visa), Third Priority Worker visa, then you might get guidance on this thread. Especially, with changes and processes.
Info on form as at 2016: www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/outreach-engagements/PED_Form_I-140_TSC_Engagement_1-20-16.pdf
Info: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html#third
Info on USCIS: www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-third-preference-eb-3
Designated as 203(b)(3)(A)(iii) on I-140: www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-140.pdf
NB: the DE categories, as I understand, require employer sponsorship. Not sure what's the role of your agent.
The experienced on this thread would guide you.

Hello everyone here.

Please help, I have a SSN (Subject to DHS authorisation), Epired Driver's Licence and an Expired EAD (Employment Authorisation Document)

I presently live in Nigeria after i left the US 7yrs ago.

I want to take advantage of the EB-3 skilled or unskilled route under health worker (care). I contacted my former employer they said I should get in touch with the consulate in my country. What do I do concerning that or what steps do I take getting back to the US?

SemmyK
NotsonewMary
Adigun27 and others...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
IamMomoh:
Hi everyone, I'm happy to have found this place. I am an F1 student in a Ph.D. program and will graduate this December.

My NIW petition is almost ready for filing but I am being slow because I want my wife to get her F2 visa. Her interview date is for August and I am still trying to get an earlier date for her. But there is a probability that she might be denied since she has plenty of nursing qualifications. And I really want us to start living together as soon as possible.

What would you advise if her visa is denied?
Should I try reapplying?
Should I come down to Nigeria and renew my F1 visa and add her? Knowing fully well how difficult to get interview dates and I can't renew the visa after I graduate?
Or should I do a premium processing for the NIW and start the NVC processing immediately?

Assuming the i140 is approved quickly and the Eb2 becomes current (hopefully later this year) what is the average time for her to get an interview invite after being documentarily qualified?

You have to weigh this carefully, and are in the best position to make a decision. That being said, once you submit the petition, it's deemed that you have immigrant intent and will be very difficult to get a student visa thereafter. You also have to factor in time for the submission of the petition, USCIS approval, and the NVC process.

If you weigh in the timing to an F-visa for your spouse, and the trade-off with an adjustment of status from F-1 to EB-2 NIW for yourself; it may help you decide what's best for both of you.

Not an easy decision.

Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by blezzino(m): 12:22am On Mar 06, 2023
Good day guys,
I really want to know more about the work Visa package in the US,i would also need advice on the amount needed for this to work
Thank you
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2023
blezzino:
Good day guys,
I really want to know more about the work Visa package in the US,i would also need advice on the amount needed for this to work
Thank you
This thread is about the EB (Employment-Based) immigration process towards permanency ('Green Card'). You may try the USA threads.
semmyk:
... ...
Inbtw, if it's not any of the EB, you may be better assisted in one of the US work visa thread. All the best.
For H1B - https://www.nairaland.com/7137181/everything-us-h-1b-visa-category
@Justwise, seems USA might need a work visa thread like the USA students visa or USA visit visa.
... ...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2023
From the looks of things, your former employer might be putting you in catch-22. I don't know. I can't say.
Without a NIW as applicable in EB-2, you'll require
"Labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer"
EB -3: https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-third-preference-eb-3
The gurus in the house should be able to guide you appropriately.
PS: I'm not US domiciled
shokimon:
... ... Please help, I have a SSN (Subject to DHS authorisation), Epired Driver's Licence and an Expired EAD (Employment Authorisation Document)

I presently live in Nigeria after i left the US 7yrs ago.

I want to take advantage of the EB-3 skilled or unskilled route under health worker (care). I contacted my former employer they said I should get in touch with the consulate in my country. What do I do concerning that or what steps do I take getting back to the US?

SemmyK
NotsonewMary
Adigun27 and others...

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by iwuoahsamuels: 6:35am On Mar 07, 2023
kollykolly:

Attorney sir.

Kindly share the contact of attorney used
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by iwuoahsamuels: 6:49am On Mar 07, 2023
Good morning my people
I'm glad to be here
Pls I have a btech and managerial role with over 11 years leadership work experience with a FMCG.
I currently have a B1/b2 and had my son in USA.
We are planning to go for summer and I'm considering changing status there to employment-based visa.
Not sure if Itd better to start here before the trip or start when I'm there for summer.
Also if anyone used attorney - kindly share applicable rates and contacts of the best you found.
Also reply me with any link or thread or tag those that have done this process ..so that will help direct me on the right path. Thank you so much

NotsonewMary:

Niice!, May God favor those of us in the waiting game. I also recently applied for the EB-2 NIW.

Hoping this thread gets to people who have already been approved so they can share their timeline especially from approval to greencard.

I appreciate everyone that has contributed to this thread so far. Have a beautiful and blessed week ahead everyone!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by iwuoahsamuels: 6:52am On Mar 07, 2023
Good morning
Pls I have a btech and managerial role with over 11 years leadership work experience with a FMCG.
We are planning to go for summer and I'm considering changing status there to employment-based visa or apply for hb1 from here

Pls share guide on how I must proceed
Not sure if Itd better to start here before the trip or start when I'm there for summer.
Also if anyone used attorney - kindly share applicable

drbabsok:
Yes, I applied for H1B visa from Nigeria and It was granted. Applied for my EB-1 NIW some months ago
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by iwuoahsamuels: 7:00am On Mar 07, 2023
Good morning my people
I'm glad to be here

We are planning to go for summer and I'm considering changing status there to employment-based visa or Hb1 before the trip
Best options opinions pls
Not sure whichia better to start here before the trip or start when I'm there for summer.
Also if anyone used attorney - kindly share applicable rates and contacts of the best you found.
Also reply me with any link or thread or tag those that have done this process ..so that will help direct me on the right path. Thank you so much
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2023
wole001:
Thank you so much, Yes, it has been sent to NVC but I still await a mail from NVC. they said this should be within 30 days.

have you received any correspondence yet? waiting for my approved case to be sent to NVC 15 business day and counting grin

Update: sent to NVC 17 biz days after approval.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Viola2017: 12:26am On Mar 08, 2023
semmyk:
Has anyone used or know about Colombo & Hurd? They claim expertise in 'formulating' NIW (for EB-2B)
https://www.colombohurdlaw.com/
I just joined their webinar yesterday.-Did you later use them?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Viola2017: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Good evening.
Please can 1 year masters in UK qualify for Eb2 NIW
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by GodProofPoint: 2:21am On Mar 11, 2023
Hi everyone,

Hope you all doing well. Please I am new to the forum and I would appreciate if someone can point me to the forum where I will get updates of interview dates release by US Embassy Lagos. I have been looking for an interview date for my beneficiaries and it's been difficult to get one. If anyone perhaps sees an available date please let me know at compassionatelinda@outlook.com

Thank you all so much in advance.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 6:49am On Mar 11, 2023
GodProofPoint:
Hi everyone,
Hope you all doing well. Please I am new to the forum and I would appreciate if someone can [b]point me to the forum where I will get updates of interview dates release by US Embassy Lago[/b]s. I have been looking for an interview date for my beneficiaries and it's been difficult to get one. If anyone perhaps sees an available date please let me know at compassionatelinda@outlook.com
Thank you all so much in advance.
Dear GodProofPoint, you didn't specify which of the interviews you are referring to.

This thread is about the EB (Employment-Based) immigration process towards permanency ('Green Card').
You may try the USA threads.
Visit: https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4
Students: https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part
semmyk:
... ...
Inbtw, if it's not any of the EB, you may be better assisted in one of the US work visa thread. All the best.
For H1B - https://www.nairaland.com/7137181/everything-us-h-1b-visa-category
@Justwise, seems USA might need a work visa thread like the USA students visa or USA visit visa.
... ...
NVC/DQ
adedammy009:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (42) (Reply)

Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.