Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC (28193 Views)

Youths Protest Demands To Scrap NYSC / Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Nysc Corpers Protest against Unsolicited Debits by Access Bank (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by boladale123: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2022
Most of them are signing their death warant in the name of NYSC.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by NothingDoMe: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2022
eazzzy1:
Majority of the people calling for the scheme to be scrapped are people who already served.

The prospect of meeting several graduates from different universities, the allure of being in a new place with new people and most importantly the promise of unrestricted socialization sex is just too enticing for people who haven’t served to want it canceled.

It should not be made mandatory, it should not be a prerequisite to get a job or government appointments. Let the people who wants to serve do so and the ones who don’t forge ahead with their lives.
You can always travel to meet people. Lol.

North is extremely dangerous now. They can't say they are continuing the program while excluding those states.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by ghiloman28(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2022
NYSC is just an evenue for some individuals in Goverment to enrich themself. They will never want it scrapped.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by SeriouslySense(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2022
I think it depends on Individual, some people see NYSC as a great hope, so they should make NYSC Optional, those who want to go, should go, and those who think its irrelevant, should not go.

So it depends on how you see it.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by eazzzy1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2022
NothingDoMe:
You can always travel to meet people. Lol.

North is extremely dangerous now. They can't say they are continuing the program while excluding those states.

Lol not every graduate has the freedom and resources or luxury of time to travel to meet people. I do believe it should be optional. Even though most people would still opt to serve.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Eriokanmi: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2022
Dem no like nysc but dem wan serve lol. Hypocritical youths. The scheme remains one of the useful programs of the government in Nigeria so far. The only scheme which makes you look special as a graduate. Anyone wey no wan serve fit claim exception, it's that simple

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
adeoyekay:
The truth is that no PCM will want the scheme to be scrap
It is only those who have served reason like you.

Not really! It's of no value to the nation.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by ashewoboy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Seconded!!

NYSC program should be scrapped. It's a waste of time and energy.

After graduation, and students are mobilized for NYSC, FG should just issue nysc certificate and 1 year allowance (₦33,000 x 12 months = ₦396,000) over to the prospective Corp members.

The money would be useful for entrepreneurial skills acquisition that will equip graduates to become self employed, and further create business opportunities for themselves. (Atleast for those who are serious minded)

A lot of people are benefitting from the scheme. Nysc can not be scrapped.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Riversstate: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2022
adeoyekay:
You have pertake in it, allow others to serve their father land.

Serve which yeye father's land

Na so other countries dey serve father's land?

China is doing so well today Dem dey do NYSC for there??

Waste of time and too risky posting people to Norther terrorists zone and places like SWest full of ritualists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by ashewoboy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2022
Them say na national year of sex and comfortcheesy. I'm not even getting the sex. Mstchewwwww.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Tzar(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
Useless Youths.
People like us forth the military regime of Babangida & Abacha, but youths of today prefer to prostitute themselves, rob, do money rituals or 419! Very entitled bunch!
What is the worth of this useless NYSC?!
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by SeriouslySense(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2022
As in, I pity those, who think there is a fatherland. May the lost be found. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I understand the damage. One should teach his child the truth, and not let other brainwash them into abnormalities and absurdities.

They were brought up without truth. Nobody taught me, i had many questions as a child and as i grew up, but i have leaned from others and for myself, what is truth and what is lie. I still dont have all the answers, but i am not going to be a vehicle that propagates slavery.

Unfortunately many people never question their existence or seek to understand for themselves.

Riversstate:

Serve which yeye father's land

Na so other countries dey serve father's land?

China is doing so well today Dem dey do NYSC for there??

Waste of time and too risky posting people to Norther terrorists zone and places like SWest full of ritualists
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by CasNova: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2022
Good one.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Inosky(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2022
It should be scrapped ASAP and the due money paid to graduates.
I suggest, each state should handle their NYSC corp members instead of posting them to other states.
The each state governors should build functional Skill acquisition centers in their various states to engage the graduates for one year, and after which empower them with the total of the 12 months NYSC payment. To start their dreams?

Why sending them to other states amid the insecurity situation in the country. Some will end up missing, raped, kidnapped or killed, and all that on your heads, the government.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by princeade86(m): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2022
Stupid youths. They cant protest against continous strike, sebi na who graduate go serve.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by depure(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2022
adeoyekay:
You have pertake in it, allow others to serve their father land.
Serve who serve help
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by nairalanderr: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2022
it hasn't helped anybody.let them scrap the shit
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by AlexJustin(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2022
Are you a prospective corp member or a Corp member seeking to erk a living legitimately.

You can earn passive income in dollars on Amazon with Just your SMARTPHONE from the comfort of your home without any capital.

Contact me let me show you how.

Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Ilaje1: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
That NYSC nonsense should be scrapped. It is another useless program use to siphon money. And it is a waste of precious year. Graduates start earning money immediately in other countries while in Nigeria a year is wasted doing some military shit.

The purpose NYSC is to send people to another region away from theirs to learn about other culture. Today everybody works on deploying, what's the essence of the program? Not sure anyone eats the useless food they serve them.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Ilaje1: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Dem no like nysc but dem wan serve lol. Hypocritical youths. The scheme remains one of the useful programs of the government in Nigeria so far. The only scheme which makes you look special as a graduate. Anyone wey no wan serve fit claim exception, it's that simple

Hoe is waste of precious one year useful? Instead of you advocate for better Naija where you even get a job before you graduate.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by etrange: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Seconded!!

After graduation, and students are mobilized for NYSC, FG should just issue nysc certificate and 1 year allowance (₦33,000 x 12 months = ₦396,000) over to the prospective Corp members.

The money would be useful for entrepreneurial skills acquisition that will equip graduates to become self employed, and further create business opportunities for themselves. (Atleast for those who are serious minded)

You want it to be scrapped and you're saying "seconded" to those protesting agaisnt scrapping it. Lol... Nairaland people.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by WriterX(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
Should NYSC be scrapped? My Honest Reasons as a SERVING CORP MEMBER ABOUT TO BE PASS OUT

As a child I use to envy the khaki that now sits on my body ever so loosely and without much attention.

But having gone through the secondary school and the university I think what NYSC and THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT need is to re strategize the purpose and objectives of NYSC.

1.MAKE NYSC OPTIONAL FOR PCMs
2.REDUCE THE EXTENSIVE PERIOD OF SERVICE FROM ONE YEAR TO MAYBE 6 MONTHS OR LESS.
3.PROVIDE FLUID ASSIMILATION AND EASY RETENTION PROCEDURE FOR SERVING CORP MEMBERS AT THEIR PPA.

1.Make nysc state of service optional: it is sad that many have lost and have been traumatized by incidents on the roads, sexual assaults, health issues and death at ppa (yes, I lost a fellow corp member due to some mysterious illness from her ppa environment ) but this happens, whether you are at your home or somewhere else, accidents will happen.
So make NYSC optional, you don't have to serve at a particular state, create at least an option based, give them two to three options.
There are people been pushed to extreme and interior places. Listen your area doesn't have to be facing bandits before it's deemed unsuitable or hazardous.

2.REDUCE THE SERVICE PERIOD.

I have heard people say or use the word "wasting a year period" yes I recently realized what and so many things one can realize within a year, 12 months is just too much, 8 or 10 isn't bad either but a whole year in a country currently like ours isnt ideal.
So slash it, give this corp members a chance to "not get left behind" in the name of serving our fathers land.
Why not if you still insist on a year, use 6months to serve and 6months to learn a viable skill, set a ased program that they can run while they Are been paid over the course of the remaining 6months.
2a.Skill acquisition intervention should be doing more than- I can remember taking up the ict said classes within the camp and I been a CSC grad student couldn't understand why we had to start the class with web design and development (a week training on web design?!"wink They need to make it extensive and elaborate.
2b. Grants and Funds: I still haven't heard much on how effective the grants and funding based on saed is open to corp members really.

3.FLUID ASSIMILATION: I think this one hits me because realizing am about to leave the scheme without a proper job waiting for me is a lot. I can remember a few of my friends discussing with the principal of my school about retention and after a long discussion we realize it's almost impossible for us to be accepted or retained.
That is sad and depressing.
Having done one year only to realize you are now jobless and searching is painful and heartbreaking.

The allawee is just another thing, I think NYSC can do better, I think the government can do better, scrapping it isn't thee best solution, NYSC has changed lives, NOW WE NEED IT TO DO MORE.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Jennyclay(f): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
etrange:

You want it to be scrapped and you're saying "seconded" to those protesting agaisnt scrapping it. Lol... Nairaland people.
Thanks, that was a mistake.

So, sorry, I thought they were protesting to scrap it. I have modified my post. Thank you dear.
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Thebadpolitican(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2022
Mintedu:
It's should be scrapped

Why for what
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Thebadpolitican(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2022
Belawy:
This is what we've been saying,, scrap the NYSC but don't stop the allowee for entrepreneural purpose

Can you imagine so you will just finsh school fed govt will give you allowee for free

You must be mad
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by gaddafe(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:

Please learn to use the right language when communicating. Do you know what it means to scrap a program? If NYSC is scrapped there will not be need for your second paragraph. What you intended to pass was that the NYSC should be modified or upgraded or changed. NOT scrap. I also support that the program should be changed in order to blend with our current day challenges. There are various ways to achieve this. You just listed one of it.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by folake4u(f): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2022
Make them nor scrap am till I do my own sha. cheesy
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by etrange: 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Thanks, that was a mistake.

So, sorry, I thought they were protesting to scrap it. I have modified my post. Thank you dear.

@bolded, ontop wetin nah? sad

It's not that serious. cheesy
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Amodi470(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Seconded!!

The money would be useful for entrepreneurial skills acquisition that will equip graduates to become self employed
The money will directly go into the politicians pocket. As if you don't know what is going on in this country, take a look at Covid19 grants and palliative, untill we turned to hoodlums and stole all the palliative they were not ready to give us anything.
The ₦30,000 minimum wages they can't approve and now they want to take the only ₦33,000 youth enjoy in this country in the name of NYSC
We will never allow them to scrap NYSC, selfish bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by Thebadpolitican(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2022
The nysc shouldn't be scrapped most people who wants it to be scrapped misuse their opportunity in such beautiful gatherings of people is an avenue to show case what you have and meet future great people

Scrap it my foot
Re: Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC by TruthinAction: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
Many secondary schools use NYSC as teachers but we never employ them. They do not even plan to employ more teachers because they know that when one set of NYSC leaves, another set will come.

So, they are used as cheap labours outside their field of study. At the end of it, they do not have any experience for the kind of job they desire.

It should be scrapped or reorganized. If they must serve, it should be in establishment related to their field of studies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? / Best Companies To Do Nysc With: / Ondo State B'15, Lets meet here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.