Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1006820 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cesc4Fabregas: 7:07am On Jul 05, 2023
Hi everyone,

My POF has been ready since April, until the naira was floated and then it was no longer enough. So I needed to pay £5,000 extra tuition for my POF to be enough. I paid the £5,000 last week Wednesday and my CAS came out last week Friday.

So the £5,000 didn't reflect on my CAS.. But the school has given me an official receipt of all the payments I have made, including the £5,000. I have sent a mail to the school for ammendment.

Given that it took me almost 6 weeks to get my CAS, should I wait for the school to update my CAS, or can I go ahead and apply for visa by simply uploading my payment receipts? NB: I've paid £13,000 out of my £14,000 tuition. Would love to hear from you guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by promzy555(m): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2023
@ibukune please can I use safetrust mortgage bank for POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ebimone: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2023
Cesc4Fabregas:
Hi everyone,

My POF has been ready since April, until the naira was floated and then it was no longer enough. So I needed to pay £5,000 extra tuition for my POF to be enough. I paid the £5,000 last week Wednesday and my CAS came out last week Friday.

So the £5,000 didn't reflect on my CAS.. But the school has given me an official receipt of all the payments I have made, including the £5,000. I have sent a mail to the school for ammendment.

Given that it took me almost 6 weeks to get my CAS, should I wait for the school to update my CAS, or can I go ahead and apply for visa by simply uploading my payment receipts? NB: I've paid £13,000 out of my £14,000 tuition. Would love to hear from you guys.

Amendment doesn’t take too much time.. within 24-48hours.

I got mine in less than 24hours
Depends on the school though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pakirisuitesphc(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2023
Your POF is likely to have expired, if it was printed with April date, then it has expired. If the money is still there,,just print another one with date less than one month. If not build another POF.

Cesc4Fabregas:
Hi everyone,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2023
Please which bank is advisable for one to open a dollar account. At this point I'm concerned about the speed of completing the account as i understand some banks take as long as 1 month. Also hope one will be able to use the dollar card upon arriving UK?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Prissygun: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2023
victorVIC1:
Please which bank is advisable for one to open a dollar account. At this point I'm concerned about the speed of completing the account as i understand some banks take as long as 1 month. Also hope one will be able to use the dollar card upon arriving UK?

Yes you can use your dollar card although it depends on what type of dollar card. Firstbank visa gold works fine for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2023
Prissygun:

Yes you can use your dollar card although it depends on what type of dollar card. Firstbank visa gold works fine for me.

Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lajumberg(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2023
Anyone coming to Glasgow this September needing help with accommodation. Inbox me

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rittyben(f): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2023
Any visa recently from Ikeja TLScontact?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by promzy555(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders!

Can I use Safetrust mortgage bank for POF. I don't know if Ukvi accept the bank. Pls if u av used it pls tell me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cesc4Fabregas: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2023
pakirisuitesphc:
Your POF is likely to have expired, if it was printed with April date, then it has expired. If the money is still there,,just print another one with date less than one month. If not build another POF.

The money is still there, I can always print another one. The money is not the problem. I just want to know if I can go ahead with visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Paxziano: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2023
rittyben:

OK. Thanks for the encouragement. I need am

Good day

Did you continue running your POF? Or you stopped after visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2023
@duchess90 @justwise @mimilyrics your replies to this person situation will be very very important. Thank you

Focus99:
Goodafternoon to you all

Someone of about 48yrs old will be applying for a student visa early next week.

He started OND 2014 and graduated sept 2016
He start HND 2017 and graduated sept 2019.

As an igbo man he said he was working with someone, and after working with the person for 15yrs the person settled him (p.s: this person's business isn't registered as it's just this normal local spare part business) and the business is no longer in existence cos owner has passed. He invested the money he was settled with into same spare part business for a short while (he didn't register his business) until he meet his wife and they got married around 2012/2013 and the wife encouraged him to go to school and got him enrolled at Lagos State Polytechnic in the year 2014 for his OND and also proceeded to his HND.

He has been working with a company since 2017 till date. He will be applying for his visa early next week. He will be getting a reference letter and employment letter from this said company to cover study gap. But his fear now is what and what can he use to show proof of what he was doing before going for his OND in 2014 and graduating HND in 2019.

@duchess90 @mimilyrics help please.

Thank you for your reply

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ekwuemma(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2023
Good morning house, please I want to know the cost of TB, the phone numbers of IOM and how to go with the payment process. Is urgent please, help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blunttruth: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello everyone, please I would like to know what amount on the account statement does the embassy consider..
****Is it the closing balance or the usable balance?****

My sister needs 19M for POF.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by promzy555(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
Pls can I use SAFETRUST MORTGAGE BANK FOR POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Godisgood456(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2023
At what rate do u think it safe to calculate for ur POF considering the instability of Naira coz I just checked oanda’s rate today and naira is 977 to a pound. It’s depreciating again. Do u guys think it could go get to 1000 like it did last month?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rittyben(f): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2023
Paxziano:

Good day

Did you continue running your POF? Or you stopped after visa application
POF still running
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cbn4main: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2023
lastkingsman:

Thanks for your feedback.
What jobs are available for students in London/close to London?

Apart from the regular warehouse, security, and carejobs, there are plenty of cleaning jobs that can earn you extra weekly pay as there are plenty of sporting events, theatres, and stadiums in London .

Again, if you download the list of companies with sponsorship licences, you will notice that plenty of them are in London.

Good luck bro

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chemicalmyt: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2023
Good day house,

Please help with this

If Spouse dependant uses her account for her POF and a child, does she need to submit employment letter/reference from work/payslips?

Also she has has a personal business, does she need to submit the CAC registration approval?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2023
Focus99:
@duchess90 @justwise @mimilyrics your replies to this person situation will be very very important. Thank you

This shouldn’t be a problem as he has been busy since 2014 and have evidence to support that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello

Usable balance

Cheers
Blunttruth:
Hello everyone, please I would like to know what amount on the account statement does the embassy consider..
****Is it the closing balance or the usable balance?****

My sister needs 19M for POF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello

Proceed with your visa application and upload the relevant receipts

Cheers
Cesc4Fabregas:
Hi everyone,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello

Not needed unless the ECO is interested in the seeing the source of funds

Until then keep your application straightforward.

Any additional documents should be ready just incase, if the dependant is self employed then your will need CAC documents

Cheers
chemicalmyt:
Good day house,

Please help with this

If Spouse dependant uses her account for her POF and a child, does she need to submit employment letter/reference from work/payslips?

Also she has has a personal business, does she need to submit the CAC registration approval?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lastkingsman: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2023
cbn4main:

Apart from the regular warehouse, security, and carejobs, there are plenty of cleaning jobs that can earn you extra weekly pay as there are plenty of sporting events, theatres, and stadiums in London .

Again, if you download the list of companies with sponsorship licences, you will notice that plenty of them are in London.

Thanks

Good luck bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2023
Hello @Focus99

To add to what @Justwise said

His last degree is HND which was 2019

He has his employment/reference letter since 2017

I see no concerns at all

Cheers
Focus99:
Goodafternoon to you all

Someone of about 48yrs old will be applying for a student visa early next week.

He started OND 2014 and graduated sept 2016
He start HND 2017 and graduated sept 2019.

As an igbo man he said he was working with someone, and after working with the person for 15yrs the person settled him (p.s: this person's business isn't registered as it's just this normal local spare part business) and the business is no longer in existence cos owner has passed. He invested the money he was settled with into same spare part business for a short while (he didn't register his business) until he meet his wife and they got married around 2012/2013 and the wife encouraged him to go to school and got him enrolled at Lagos State Polytechnic in the year 2014 for his OND and also proceeded to his HND.

He has been working with a company since 2017 till date. He will be applying for his visa early next week. He will be getting a reference letter and employment letter from this said company to cover study gap. But his fear now is what and what can he use to show proof of what he was doing before going for his OND in 2014 and graduating HND in 2019.

@duchess90 @mimilyrics help please.

Thank you for your reply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
I don't know if this can work for you...
My School advice I use the receipt generated from them to apply for the visa as they won't be issuing another CAS for the school repayment...

Cesc4Fabregas:
Hi everyone,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bukkytoyin: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hello, who can help me send paid mail 🥹🥹🥹🤯🤯
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rachyyewumi: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
Good afternoon everyone

@Mr duchess and other that been helping, thanks for all you do.

Please for dependants visa

The chat screenshots is not showing phone number, i hope that would not be a problem using it as an evidence?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.