Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000041 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by oshobabahealth: 11:06am On Aug 22, 2022
jbtems:
Hello everyone,

My biometric was captured at TLS abuja 5th August, my application moved to DMC since 8th August. I didn't receive an NSF mail.
This is the third week of my visa application standard (TLS Self Service). My question is do I send a paid mail or phone call? or wait till the friday 26th August? Am worried as school resumption is 8th Sept am yet to plan my travel due to visa delay.
@ justwise, dduchess90 and other gurus please advise. Thanks

why not wait till 28 of the months. to complete it 21 days.... 21 days is counted from the day they received it at DMC.... not the date of your biometric so to say.. from the assessment conducted through this same channel. Calm down, it will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2022
They better live up to this surge else Home Office would turn the search lights on them and investigate the possibility of them being a conduit for students into the UK without intent of studying angry

jsquares:

Bradford is so competitive, I wrote to them to defer my Admission September intake 2022 to January 2023, they accepted unfortunately I just received a mail on11th August 2022 that if I didn't pay £2000 intial deposit on on before 11/08/22 that I should defer again to September 2023. So my brother that is braford for u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by melaniga: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2022
Good morning, everyone,
My wife and son had their biometric for dependant visa on the 14th April at TLS Ikeja Lagos. She got pick up mail for my son on 6th of May, found my son’s passport and her own decision letter in pickup package. Following paid mail, son’s decision letter was sent via email days later.
The problem is, my wife has not gotten her passport returned since. Several paid mails and calls to UKVI, they kept saying they have escalated the query to appropriate department and that they will get in touch shortly. Its been over 3months now. My son’s vignette has even expired, my wife who is supposed to travel with him has not gotten her passport back.
On TLS tracking, it still shows that application is at DMC. She has decision letter stating that application is successful and has permission to enter UK since 20th of May 2022.
Please house, I need help, how else can I go about retrieving my wife’s passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2022
Ikejjjjjjaaaaaaa

Movement to VAC this morning
Biometric 25th July

No NSF

Plymouth here I come

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2022
TANTUMERGO007:
Ikejjjjjjaaaaaaa

Biometric 25th July

No NSF

Plymouth here I come

I don dey wait for your comment since... Congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2022
Hi everyone, please is it a big issue if my uni made a mistake with my DoB on my CAS? Instead of January 15, it says January 5, but year is fine. It's also January 15 that's on my other docs, passport, UKVI application etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2022
Contact your school although you are not meant to submit the CAS document itself, but on the UKVI system, the date would show up wrongly and at the discretion of the staff reviewing your application to adjudge if its a honest error from the school or not.

HSalamanca:
Hi everyone, please is it a big issue if my uni made a mistake with my DoB on my CAS? Instead of January 15, it says January 5, but year is fine. It's also January 15 that's on my other docs, passport, UKVI application etc.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Brooke60(f): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2022
yoged:
no you didn't. January intake is already filled up at Bradford.
Thank you! Got the admission late and also they don't defer for that particular course, it is a Health-related course.

I will be taking the other offer I have for January.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BStrands(f): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2022
Tapping into this. Congratulations

TANTUMERGO007:
Ikejjjjjjaaaaaaa

Biometric 25th July

No NSF

Plymouth here I come

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheGeneralunum: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2022
sirjey4real20:

Make una forget all this form A. You might wait ages for it , talking from experience. Buy dollar and look for a friend to help you pay

Hi,

It depends on the bank your are transacting with.

First bank takes 4weeks
Unity bank 3weeks.

If you are for January intake, it’s better you start the process now.

Why encourage black market when you can access legitimate source?

#myopinion

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kaja(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Finally Union Bank just debited me.
How long b4 I get Telex.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Amarathripple0: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phebeana: 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
melaniga:
Good morning, everyone,
My wife and son had their biometric for dependant visa on the 14th April at TLS Ikeja Lagos. She got pick up mail for my son on 6th of May, found my son’s passport and her own decision letter in pickup package. Following paid mail, son’s decision letter was sent via email days later.
The problem is, my wife has not gotten her passport returned since. Several paid mails and calls to UKVI, they kept saying they have escalated the query to appropriate department and that they will get in touch shortly. Its been over 3months now. My son’s vignette has even expired, my wife who is supposed to travel with him has not gotten her passport back.
On TLS tracking, it still shows that application is at DMC. She has decision letter stating that application is successful and has permission to enter UK since 20th of May 2022.
Please house, I need help, how else can I go about retrieving my wife’s passport.

Is it a student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HSalamanca: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
bigtt76:
Contact your school although you are not meant to submit the CAS document itself, but on the UKVI system, the date would show up wrongly and at the discretion of the staff reviewing your application to adjudge if its a honest error from the school or not.

Thanks. Reached out to the school and they resolved it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Habiibii(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
How many weeks did it take bro?
kaja:
How long b4 I get Telex.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by padie77: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
kaja:
How long b4 I get Telex.

It takes 3 to 5days.

When were you debit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davidandgo: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Imnaknus: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good day, fam.
Are there implications for using one's salary account for PoF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
Rosoma:
Can you explain how to buy dollar and pay through a friend

By giving naira to someone and they pay for you with pounds, if you have someone there or buy usd and deposit to someone you trust and ask them to pay for you using their card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
TheGeneralunum:

Hi,

It depends on the bank your are transacting with.

First bank takes 4weeks
Unity bank 3weeks.

If you are for January intake, it’s better you start
the process now.

Why encourage black market when you can access legitimate source?

#myopinion

Am not encouraging any black market just from experience am saying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
BStrands:
Tapping into this. Congratulations

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
TANTUMERGO007:
Ikejjjjjjaaaaaaa

Biometric 25th July

No NSF

Plymouth here I come

Did they send email to you or you tracked it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ocpaschal: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hello everyone, pls I want to seek your advice on UK study. I have a Bsc in Political Science, graduated in 2015 with second class lower division with a GPA of 3.04 on a 5 scale. I have IELTS score Band 6.5 overall and each with only speaking 7. I am a member of Nigeria Red Cross Society and have volunteer experience in Community outreach programs. My intention is to study Masters in Social work or a similar course on Caregiver/Care support role.
I just want to enquire on the following;

- Is my overall IELTS Band 6.5 good enough for Masters in Social work?

- Pls do you know Masters courses that are similar to Social Work that I can study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mubarak001(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
Help needed....

at ihs stage during visa application, the cost for dependents both partne and child were 2363.8 usd separately, apparently I did not do something right...

Pls who knows what went wrong so I can correct it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Best to specify - paper notes are being phased out and not entirely £20 and £50 denominations. The paper notes will be replaced with polymer notes like our N5, N10, N20 and N50 notes

Amarathripple0:

Don’t be a victim.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2022/june/100-days-left-to-use-your-paper-20-and-50-banknotes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
Please how long does it take NSf people to reply

They sent me nsf Friday , I replied Sunday . Would they send me decision mail today ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
Tls Ikeja biometric 28 July. Any update
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Please can someone help me out... Pls its urgent.

Ibukune:
Hello @duchese90 and any other guru who can be of help here. Pls i will need you to guide me on signing the family consent form for our dependant baby. My wife is the MA, pof is in her account and now i am confused which part of the form she or myself needs to fills. Part a, b or c. I am filing the application on behalf of the baby. Pls help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2022
sirjey4real20:
Tls Ikeja 28 august. Any update

You mean 28th July ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bigboy75: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hello people! I currently live in Czech Republic on a study permit and I am planning to apply for a student visa in UK from Czech. I want to ask, while showing my POF during visa application, can I put this funds in my Nigerian naira account or it has to be in my European account because I live in the EU?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2022
ForDanny:

You mean 28th July ?

Yes dear. 28 July. Thanks for the correction

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.