Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1023766 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kittie1: 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
Indeed the journey isn't for the weak, Congratulations to you and your family
God is good!
Realdeets:
VISA ALERT!!! VISA ALERT!!! VISA ALERT!!!
Alhamdulilah! Alhamdulilah!! Alhamdulilah!!!

Here we go!

What God cannot do truly does not exist.

Main Applicant with 3 Dependants.
IKEJA TLS

Surah Ar-Rahman: “Fabi-ayyi ala-i Rabbikuma Tukazziban”: “So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?” Quran [55:13]

Surah Nahl: “And if you would count the graces of Allah, never could you be able to count them. Indeed, Allah is Oft-Forgiving and Merciful.” Quran [16:18]

The journey is not for the feint hearted.

- Application to school: 4th February, 2022
- Unconditional Offer: 8th February, 2022
- Tuition deposit: April, 2022
- TB Test: 17th June, 2022
- Submitted POF to school: 1st July, 2022
- Received CAS: 14th July, 2022
- Visa Application: 16th July, 2022
- Biometric: 25th July, 2022
- Applications transferred to DMC: 25th July, 2022
- Applications received by DMC: 26th July, 2022
- Paid Mail: 12th August, 2022
- Decision made: 12th August, 2022
- Wiffy and Daughter’s Application transferred to VAC: 19th August, 2022
- Wiffy and Daughter’s Application received by VAC: 19th August, 2022
- Pick up Mail for wiffy and Daughter: 19th August, 2022
- MA and Son’s Application transferred to VAC: 22nd August, 2022
- MA and Son’s Application received by VAC: 22nd August, 2022
- Pick up mail for MA and Son: 22nd August, 2022
- All four(4) Passports collected today 23rd August, 2022 with vignettes sitting pretty.

6 Years Study Gap
NO NSF

Alhamdulilahi Robilialamin!!!

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. BSc Certificate
2. Employment Letter, Confirmation of appointment, Promotion Letter, covering the 6years studY gap
3. 3 Reference letters from present and past employers
4. P.O.F
5. Waec Certificate
6. NYSC Discharge Certificate (I forgot to upload this)
7. CAS
8. Family Pictures
9. Marriage Certificate
10. TB test certificate
11. Consent Letter
12. Financial permission letter.
13. Newspaper publication
14. Change of Name Affidavit

I give thanks to Almighty Allah, I’ll also like to thank everyone on this thread, I have gotten so much informations here.

Special thanks to @Justwise for opening this thread.

Thanks to @duchess90 @dduchess90 for the good work and also replying my personal message regarding work reference.

Thank you all for your contributions, I do get answers to the questions i had in mind without asking just by following the thread.

May God bless you all abundantly.

If you're new here, please read from the first page, if you do this, you’ll get answers to all your questions even before you ask.
Follow the thread everyday if you can.
I never liked reading, but for the sake of JAPA, I developed reading habit by following this thread. This thread became part of my daily routine.
I didn’t know anything about Uk study visa before I started following this thread. Alhamdulilah, by following this thread daily, I now know a lot about it. You can do everything yourself from A-Z. It’s simple but stressful. Yes, NO PAIN, NO GAIN.
There is so much to learn here.
It paid off Walahi.

Kindly note that it’s a long process, I’ll advise you take one step at a time and please don’t forget to prepare ahead of the next step, get all documents/answers ready before you get to the next stage. With this, you’re good to go.

For your winter jackets, kindly call this number: +2347067915309 or 08124387531, I got mine from him in yaba. I bought at #3,000 each as against the outrageous amount others kept calling before locating his shop. I’m doing this because the man called to confirm if we’ve gotten home. Please patronize him, he’s a nice man.
Thanks

You’re next in line.

Ma’a Salam!

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kittie1: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
Great! Congratulations to you
chikaJs:
Biometrics: 28th July, 2022.
Decision Made: 17th August, 2022
Application ready for collection (mail): 23rd August,2022.

Waiting on courier!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aeezah: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
*VISA ALERT!!!*✈️��������✈️
*Family of 4
Ikeja TLS
Biometric - July 25(self service)
Study gap (12 years)
Forgot to submit NYSC certificate
No NSF
Paid mail - Aug 12
Collection of mail - Aug 22
Passports Picked up - Aug 23

Alhamdullilah! It all ended in praise �

I wish Everyone waiting a speedy and positive results by God’s grace�

Documents uploaded
Bsc certificate
Waec certificate
Family pictures
POF (running from May)
2 work References ( working at the same place since 2012 )
Employment letter
CAS
TB test
Passport
Consent Letter for dependants

May the next stage( point of entry,enrollment,accommodation,work and every other process be a smooth one

25 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Missngozi123: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Visa Alert!!!
PhD application.

Uni applications (10 schools)- Dec/Jan 2021. I made up my mind last year that I must start my PhD in 2022.
1st admission offer with partial funding: Jan 19, 2022
2nd admission offer with partial funding: February 11, 2022
3rd admission offer with full funding: May 12, 2022

Passport capturing: July 6th
Passport collection: July 21st

CAS application: July 22nd
CAS received: July July 25th

Visa application submitted: July 26th
Biometrics: July 27th (Ikeja TLS walk-in)

I only uploaded my TB test and offer letter from the uni, my CAS stated that I was not expected to pay tuition fees and that I had a yearly maintenance of £16k so no need for POF.

Paid call: Aug 15th (decision made)
Collection mail/ Delivery mail: August 22nd
Passport delivered with vignette sitting pretty: August 23rd

Thanks to everyone who handles this page, God bless

Ulster Coleraine campus here I come

33 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2022
TANTUMERGO007:

Lol, once it's out I they do nairaland party

Boss I just say make I remind you o cheesy

It's time to walk the talk!!.. grin na all of us gather dey pray for you

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Loverquin: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
Thank you

giselle237:
pls leave airlines transiting through Schenghen areas alone.
For flight options in naira check wakanow, travelbeta etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kittie1: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
Congratulations, happy for you
sazjun76:
Visa Alert...!!!! Visa Alert...!!!
God is wonderful
Admission October 2021 Unconditional offer but defered till September 2022 intake
Unconditional offer March 2022
Family of 3
Application 15th July
Bio 23rd July
First paid call 6th August ( Awaiting decision)
Second paid call 12th August ( decision made)
Move to VAC and Collection mail for 1st dependant 18th August, delivered 19th August
Move to VAC and Collection mail for MA 19th August
Move to VAC and Collection mail for the last dependant on 22nd August
Delivered to MA and Last Dependant on 23rd August.

No NSF

Thank God ooooo

Documents uploaded
Enough Documents ooooo
Degree
Transcript
Family pics
POF (SunTrust)
Reference 2 ( the one I use for admission )
CAS
Cover letter Explaining study gap ( 10 year gap)
TB test
Waec result as proof of English
CV
Passport
Consent Letter for dependant
NYSC

Cardiff Metropolitan University here we come...

Thanks God oooo

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kittie1: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nice! Congratulations
Waiting patiently for mine
Aeezah:

*VISA ALERT!!!*✈️��������✈️
*Family of 4
Ikeja TLS
Biometric - July 25(self service)
Study gap (12 years)
Forgot to submit NYSC certificate
No NSF
Paid mail - Aug 12
Collection of mail - Aug 22
Passports Picked up - Aug 23

Alhamdullilah! It all ended in praise �

I wish Everyone waiting a speedy and positive results by God’s grace�

Documents uploaded
Bsc certificate
Waec certificate
Family pictures
POF (running from May)
2 work References ( working at the same place since 2012 )
Employment letter
CAS
TB test
Passport
Consent Letter for dependants

May the next stage( point of entry,enrollment,accommodation,work and every other process be a smooth one

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

Not sure where the confusion is, do you depend on him financially on a normal non visa application day??

If Yes then state so or if otherwise

Cheers

xxcheesexx:
Hello Everyone..
Silent reader here and having a little issue in filling the form for my dependents.
My husband is one of my dependents and I am currently filling his application form. I am stuck at the point where its asking him about people financially dependent on him.
Please do I include myself and our children as his dependents here (I'm confused)

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kittie1: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wow!!Congratulations to you, happy for you God is good
Missngozi123:
Visa Alert!!!
PhD application.

Uni applications (10 schools)- Dec/Jan 2021. I made up my mind last year that I must start my PhD in 2022.

I only uploaded my TB test and offer letter from the uni, my CAS stated that I was not expected to pay tuition fees and that I had a yearly maintenance of £16k so no need for POF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jomdavid: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Congratulations
[quote author=Aeezah post=115989619]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by obobolaraba: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hello all.
I want to ask a question please.
Decision made does it equals to visa approved?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jomdavid: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Congratulations
[quote author=Missngozi123 post=115989637]Visa Alert!!!
PhD application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jvas: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
Missngozi123:
Visa Alert!!!
PhD application.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jonwizzy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
Good day house...

Please what are the advantages of resuming on time,cos omo flight ticket want choke me..

850k for sep 8..

School resumes 19th sep...

Pls kindly advice me,

Shud I get d sep or wait till 20 wen it's probably cheaper..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nadingo: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
ocpaschal:
Pls apart from Masters in Social work, what other related health and social community (humanitarian) courses can a political science degree holder study in UK?
I'm also interested in the answer to this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheggy13(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
pushup:
Hello.
Pls, if someone books for priority visa, will the person get a closer date? Or will have to wait just as the regular service is?
I mean, is it same appointments available for everybody to choose from? Thanks
Priority visa doesn't automatically give you a closer date. You have to search for date for biometrics just like regular service. The only difference is that with Priority visa, you're sure of getting a much faster decision on your application after biometrics - about 5 working days, unlike regular service that takes weeks for them to make a decision on your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2022
Sheggy13:

Or you mean 211k..was thinking it shouldn't be that high.

A typo. I meant 211k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Pls how soon does decision gets transfer to DMC. Mine happened immediately I left TLS... is it normal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
Congrats to all.

We are still waiting for the nsf mail reply .
God help us o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunshyne007: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Missngozi123:
Visa Alert!!!
PhD application.

Congratulations! You did not submit your Scholarship letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Xavier70s: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
offwego:
Are you asking about work experience for Uni admission or visa purposes?

its for visa purposes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by casmir64: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ibukune:

I paid 308 dollars which is about 311k at 687 for s dollar.

211k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
Loverquin:
Good Afternoon house,

Please I have some questions bothering me

1) Is Ethiopian Airlines Safe to travel with?

2) I saw a flight from Lagos - Addis Ababa - Frankfurt - Birmingham. Pls do I need a transit visa

3) Can I pay directly to the Airline with my debit card?

Also please if there is anyone here who can suggest cheaper Airlines for a family of 4, will appreciate. Thanks

I was at ethiopian airline office today, after booking for for a flight that will transit instanbul and addis ababa... I was advised to cancel and book for the one that will be transiting only Addis Ababa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
It seems today is for Visa Alerts, what a good day. Congrats to all the visa celebrants. I pray that the UK favours you all.

This is to tell everyone waiting that yours will also come. Just keep calm, nothing will go wrong.

Please note that NYSC cert is not a compulsory requirement ( except you need it to prove study gap). You will get your visa even if you don't upload it.

MissNgozi123 , your visa alert is special because it's a PhD and it's fully funded with an annual maintenance of £16k, wawu! I sent you a pm already tongue tongue tongue

Realgeets, I love your visa alert cos of the Quran verses, it's conspicuous how exhilarated and grateful you are.

I also love the update you gave on winter jackets, that 3k ehn grin grin grin.
Giselle237 too get bad mouth grin grin grin , baba talk say na rubbish winter jackets we dey buy for Nigeria. I know he knows what he's saying but one will be tempted to buy a winter jacket because of that unbelievably low price of 3k grin

Once again, Congratulations to all of you. I wish those waiting the best.

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ajiboyehify:

Please what about the one transiting from Ethiopia to Instanbul then to Heathrow??

I have been asking this question since

Please visit the Ethiopian office to verify before making payment. You will discover that the last flight from Instabul to Heathrow is Turkish Airline. I was told at their office today not to book any one involving Turkish as they dont work together for now. Book the one that all change flight are Ethiopian Airways.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
ignis:
I was at ethiopian airline office today, after booking for for a flight that will transit instanbul and addis ababa... I was advised to cancel and book for the one that will be transiting only Addis Ababa.
So as not to instill fear.. what was the reason? Is it to reduce stopovers and in the end reduce total travel duration so as not end up be extremely tired or something else
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
giselle237:

So as not to instill fear.. what was the reason? Is it to reduce stopovers and in the end reduce total travel duration so as not to be very tired or something else

The reason was that the third trip from instabul to Heathrow is Turkish Airline. And the Ethiopian Airline staff told me to avoid any trip with third party Airline on the site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
[b]It
I also love the update you gave on winter jackets, that 3k ehn grin
Giselle237 too get bad mouth grin grin grin , baba talk say na rubbish winter jackets we dey buy for Nigeria. I know he knows what he's saying but one will be tempted to buy a winter jacket because of that unbelievably low price of 3k grin

My apologies.
Winter jacket tht you will be ashamed to use after you come down from your aircraft at Heathrow or wherever you land is that one jacket?.. worse still in this summer you will now bring the dead jackets .. for why na?
If you say sweater for the cold on aircraft fine but not winter jacket kpere. Everywhere is hot. Immediately the weather changes, then your jackets can mildly make sense.
If you see for 3k no wahaleux too.. not my Nigerian travellers that go and charter 3, 4 or 5 at ridiculous prices that they throw away immediately they land.. the seller will be bringing more sef.. they’ll charter all the charterables including hand gloves, head warmers, scarf, this and that.. space for food. Hian.
The above does not apply to the cold months.. you can buy 1 of each item when coming then…

No offence to any of the posters intended pls.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ajiboyehify(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
ignis:

The reason was that the third trip from instabul to Heathrow is Turkish Airline. And the Ethiopian Airline staff told me to avoid any trip with third party Airline on the site.

Which kind wahala be this

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.