Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1002088 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kulex2k1(m): 5:40am On Sep 02, 2022
Same happened to us, dependants even collected theie passports with Visa however that dame evening MA was now got email for collection. So dont worry let dependants go collect their visa. MA would definately get conllection letter... te ukvi guys are overwhelmed.

Loverquin:
Hi guys,

Please dependents recieved BRP letter 3days ago, MA didn't receive.

Now, dependents has received collection mail, MA still didn't receive.

Pls is this normal? What should MA do at this point?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kulex2k1(m): 5:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Not true, once they get a collection email the visa is ready and if they had earlier signed to pick up the passport themselves. They can go pick it up.

dduchess90:
Hello

Dependants won't get a visa if MA is not granted

This is purely admin delays.please be patient

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jbtems: 6:00am On Sep 02, 2022
jbtems:
My biometric was captured at TLS abuja 5th August, my application moved to DMC since 8th August. I didn't receive an NSF mail.
This is the forth week of my visa application standard (TLS Self Service). I have sent a paid mail 26th August and got a response that a decision has been made, Am worried as school resumption is close am yet to plan my travel due to visa delay. Any person here in same situation.
@ justwise, dduchess90 and other gurus please advise. Thanks

Update: I received a collection mail 01 Sept from TLS. Hopefully, it will be delivered soon. What a relieve! God be praised

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 6:35am On Sep 02, 2022
HrmBennyEmmy:
I was even surprised.fidelity bank o

Nice. Thank you for feedback
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vitusvivi: 6:47am On Sep 02, 2022
Good morning pals.
Pls i want to print my statement of account for my POF.
I want to know if bank statement do have contact details incase UKVI wants to contacts them, if not, should I inform my bank to include their contact on it. Pls i need your suggestions because am going to print it this morning.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2022
Greengage:
Good evening everyone! Please I need help as I am currently in a dilemma with UKVI issues.

@dduchess90, @justwise or anyone with advice on this issue please.

I moved with my spouse to another African country about 2 years ago after he got a better job offer here. We are blessed with 3 kids aged 8, 6 and 2. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a job here, (the country has a small economy), so I decided to switch careers to give myself a better chance of getting a good job.

I then applied for an MSc in the UK, and was able to secure admission, get my CAS and apply for my visa. We also applied for dependent visas for our kids but not for my husband, considering he has a good job which would also fund the expenses for myself and the kids. He also has a subsisting visit visa.

However, we received the notification email today that 2 of our kids' visas were denied dependent visas based on Paragraph ST34.2 of the Immigration rules and based on the following statement: " I am not satisfied that the required level of documentation has been shown in order to prove that your mother has sole responsibility. " We are yet to receive any information on the application of the 2 year old.

Please bear in mind that the supporting documents for the kids' visa applications were from both parents and we even indicated in their forms that we both have parental responsibility for the kids. I do not have sole responsibility for the kids, neither did I claim that in our applications. We also included details of my husband's job and the necessary documents pertaining to that.

In applying for the visas, we read all the requirements on the GOV.UK website but none of the information on the student visa/dependent partner of a student/ dependent child of a student mentions anything about this issue.

Now, we are at crossroads because based on this rule, the interpretation is that the other parent, who is not the main applicant must be willing to be a dependent, which would necessitate them living in the UK with the main applicant and the child dependent(s). This is not an option for us. Also, the kids cannot remain with my husband due to the nature of his job, as it requires a lot of travelling and we do not have any form of social/family support here, as all our family members live in different countries.

The only exception to this rule is subparagraph (C) of Paragraph ST34.2 of the Immigration rules which states that, "unless the decision maker is satisfied that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the child entry clearance or permission to stay with the parent who
has permission on the Student route or as a dependent partner of a Student."

We do not know what to do next, whether to write to the Home Office directly, apply for an administrative review or reapply for the visa based of the provision in subparagraph (c) as we do not know if our situation constitutes serious and compelling reasons to grant the exception. So far, what I have read online depicts circumstances that are very different from ours.

Please, help a sister! I am trying to be a supportive wife, good mother and still want to build a life for myself. Please anyone with any advice/experience on how to tackle this issue. I would deeply appreciate it. May God bless our hustle!

What care plan did you make for your kids in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jj17cv(m): 7:15am On Sep 02, 2022
@Greengage:
Pls don't waste any money to all this Uk lawyer let ur husband apply with the kids simple case close between u and ur husband ....ur husband can do off and on he can visit uk and go back

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MotunrayoA: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2022
Herbworks:

Have you gotten offer letter from SHU for January? When did you apply please?

Early June

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MotunrayoA: 7:16am On Sep 02, 2022
ConfusedSailor:

Oh okay, thanks. I applied early July.

I’m sure yours will come soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gx470: 7:32am On Sep 02, 2022
please I have been trying to pay for ihs no luck since yesterday any body here experiencing same please its urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greengage: 7:40am On Sep 02, 2022
justwise:

What care plan did you make for your kids in the UK?

Thank you for responding. I have communicated with several independent schools in the local vicinity of my school and at least 4 of them have confirmed that they have space for the 3 kids. We have not pinned down one because we would like to see the schools before we decide. All the schools have wraparound care till 6pm for the toddler and 6.30 pm for the older kids. We are also considering getting a nanny if necessary to help with any clashes with my school timetable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greengage: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2022
abuhusna1:
Don't stress it. Children can't be given visa without the father going with you according to their law except yoy have proof of sole responsibility. Best is you all apply together husband goes with you and co.e back same week to his good job.

Thank you for responding but unfortunately, this will not work because according to the immigration rules, ST 32.5,

"The applicant and their partner (who must be a Student, or applying at the same time as a Student) must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK."

Since my husband does not intend to live in the UK, then it would be deemed as false information.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greengage: 7:54am On Sep 02, 2022
Gift7428:

I got in touch with a UK based lawyer. According to him, all you needed was a consent letter giving strong reasons why your husband cannot move with you guys.

Did you submit a consent letter, signed by your and your husband? The letter was meant to explain that you will have sole responsibility of the kids for the period of your masters. Get in touch with a good lawyer
I don’t even understand why they want to force people to move with MA for masters.

Thank you for responding. We did write a consent letter, signed by both of us, but we did not explain why I will have sole responsibility of the kids because we were not aware that there was a rule like this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2022
I think this application may have had a fighting chance if there were some compelling evidence provided as regards suitable arrangements for the care of 3 children under 18 as your spouse would not be accompanying you amongst other things.

I am not sure you will benefit from an administrative review as it doesn't seem there was some evidence that was overlooked. It's best you reapply either with more compelling documentation or with your spouse

Greengage:
Good evening everyone! Please I need help as I am currently in a dilemma with UKVI issues.

I moved with my spouse to another African country about 2 years ago after he got a better job offer here. We are blessed with 3 kids aged 8, 6 and 2. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a job here, (the country has a small economy), so I decided to switch careers to give myself a better chance of getting a good job.

I then applied for an MSc in the UK, and was able to secure admission, get my CAS and apply for my visa. We also applied for dependent visas for our kids but not for my husband, considering he has a good job which would also fund the expenses for myself and the kids. He also has a subsisting visit visa.

However, we received the notification email today that 2 of our kids' visas were denied dependent visas based on Paragraph ST34.2 of the Immigration rules and based on the following statement: " I am not satisfied that the required level of documentation has been shown in order to prove that your mother has sole responsibility. " We are yet to receive any information on the application of the 2 year old.

Please bear in mind that the supporting documents for the kids' visa applications were from both parents and we even indicated in their forms that we both have parental responsibility for the kids. I do not have sole responsibility for the kids, neither did I claim that in our applications. We also included details of my husband's job and the necessary documents pertaining to that.

In applying for the visas, we read all the requirements on the GOV.UK website but none of the information on the student visa/dependent partner of a student/ dependent child of a student mentions anything about this issue.

Now, we are at crossroads because based on this rule, the interpretation is that the other parent, who is not the main applicant must be willing to be a dependent, which would necessitate them living in the UK with the main applicant and the child dependent(s). This is not an option for us. Also, the kids cannot remain with my husband due to the nature of his job, as it requires a lot of travelling and we do not have any form of social/family support here, as all our family members live in different countries.

The only exception to this rule is subparagraph (C) of Paragraph ST34.2 of the Immigration rules which states that, "unless the decision maker is satisfied that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the child entry clearance or permission to stay with the parent who

We do not know what to do next, whether to write to the Home Office directly, apply for an administrative review or reapply for the visa based of the provision in subparagraph (c) as we do not know if our situation constitutes serious and compelling reasons to grant the exception. So far, what I have read online depicts circumstances that are very different from ours.

Please, help a sister! I am trying to be a supportive wife, good mother and still want to build a life for myself. Please anyone with any advice/experience on how to tackle this issue. I would deeply appreciate it. May God bless our hustle!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greengage: 8:11am On Sep 02, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Unfortunately there's nothing more to add to this, the rules are clear.

UK doesn't joke with child welfare and work/family balance.How will you the MA take care of 3child dependants whilst studying?

Writing to HO or administrative review will only waste more time if the compelling reasons are not justified.

You do have the right intention for yourself but the focus is on the kids. Your have to reapply for their visa along with their father.

Cheers

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately I am not sure if applying with their father will not complicate matters more due to the fact that he does not intend to live with me in the UK. The immigration rules (ST 32.5) states that "The applicant and their partner (who must be a Student, or applying at the same time as a Student) must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK."

There is no way to circumvent that rule as that would most likely land us into more trouble. I would need to focus on being granted an exception based on the third leg of the rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dishydens(f): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2022
Please anyone going to Salford University 2023? Is there a group chat to join?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vitusvivi: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2022
Vitusvivi:
Good morning pals.
I want to know if bank statement do have contact details incase UKVI wants to contacts them, if not, should I inform my bank to include their contact on it. Pls i need your suggestions because am going to print it this morning.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by v24m(f): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Here's a link that might be helpful

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/getting-your-brp-if-you-applied-from-outside-the-uk

Where did you request for your BRP to be sent? if it is your Uni do inform your International office about this so they are aware and confirm they will issue your brp to you

I believe you can come with just the visa vignette.
Can you screenshot and print out all the evidence to log this complaint either through UKVI paid mail or this link above just incase you need it at POE

Cheers

Thanks, i have sent a paid mail to the UKVI office and i was asked to wait for 15 working days before i get a response. I'm just trying to be positive. If they wont ask for it at the point of entry then i can be much calmer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello.

I don't think you understood my point,
You might want to read it again.

I repeat a dependant won't be granted visa if the MA isn't.

I am not talking about collection mail or collecting their passport

Read to understand not respond

Cheers
kulex2k1:
Not true, once they get a collection email the visa is ready and if they had earlier signed to pick up the passport themselves. They can go pick it up.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kellexxx: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2022
Is there anyone here that has used UBA recently for form A?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello

Print out those evidence, you should be fine for POE is it is asked

Cheers
v24m:

Thanks, i have sent a paid mail to the UKVI office and i was asked to wait for 15 working days before i get a response. I'm just trying to be positive. If they wont ask for it at the point of entry then i can be much calmer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MizTyna(f): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2022
Greengage:

Did your husband write a letter of consent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello

Your bank should print the standard bank statement for visa application

UKVI knows what to do if and when they want to verify it

Cheers
Vitusvivi:
Good morning pals.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by GLLady: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2022
logho:

Hi Bimcus, I am going to Aston University, January intake. Can we chat?

Hi pls what's their payment plan like?? And is their deposit 2k?

I just got an offer too for January.

Thank you in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2022
It's not too early to apply but you may not get an immediate decision as the focus of most institutions is on the upcoming intake.

Zino89:
Good afternoon everyone please is it too early to apply for 2023 September intake? I can’t meet up with January

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by v24m(f): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2022
fascco:
I got my visa fee weeks back but it did not come with the brp letter….. plz if you can help or what did I need to do to get my brp letter

Thanks

Did you finally get your BRP letter, i have the same issue as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello

With sole responsibility it has to be a legal document (court order) usually in a case of divorce or separation declaring you the primary or sole responsible parent not a letter signed by both of you

2. Compelling reasons will be in relation to physically (disability) and/or emotion(mental health issues), and you also have to gather evidence for that

3. Other than that submitting documents from your kids school or letters all over may not cut it I'm afraid but there is no harm trying.UK doesn't joke with Family Life

Also be careful with the decision you make so you don't hamper the father's ability to apply in future or kids visiting him.

Cheers

Greengage:

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately I am not sure if applying with their father will not complicate matters more due to the fact that he does not intend to live with me in the UK. The immigration rules (ST 32.5) states that "The applicant and their partner (who must be a Student, or applying at the same time as a Student) must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK."

There is no way to circumvent that rule as that would most likely land us into more trouble. I would need to focus on being granted an exception based on the third leg of the rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2022
dettolgel:
Please I need your suggestions.

My cousin is studying in the UK but the company were she works as a student was to convert her to full time. They sent her a form to fill and one of the questions was how she intend to run a full time job given that she is still a student.

I don't know the best answer to give her please anyone with suggestions on what her response should be should please help. Thanks a lot.

She should not try this ..... as a student she should know the rules and know she only allowed 20hours in term time. If she goes ahead , this can become a major problem when its visa renewal time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2022
Greengage:

Reapply again . ... they are very strict when it comes to this two parent must apply. It not today and they been strict for years

He should have applied as well...... doesn't mean he has to live there but let him apply so that the kids are covered. Although the guidance says he has to be living there but for now, it works if the other parent applies and just be visiting. Whether they would get stricter in the future I don't know but for now that works

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bumblebee1101: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello people,
Did Biometrics @ abj on 5th Aug( standard for student visa
Moved to DMC on 5th Aug
15 days elapsed on 26th August
Sent a paid mail, they said a decision has been made but my application hasn’t moved to VAC
Any one experiencing this?
Also is there a number to call UKVI OR ABUJA TLS for further enquiries??

I am mentally exhausted, my eyes are paining me from excessive screen time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hpk(m): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2022
dishydens:
Please anyone going to Salford University 2023? Is there a group chat to join?

January 2023, here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2022
You don't understand her do you?

She's assuring the MA that no way his/her dependents would get visa issued without the MA being granted.

kulex2k1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.