Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (995366 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timmb(m): 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
UARBIAFRAODUA:

We are going to the same school, do you mind if I send you a dm...let's link up bruh

I'm going to the same school too. Waiting for my unconditional offer. Drop your email let link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eddibloc(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Cashmadam:

Call the airline at 8am tomorrow morning. Make sure you are persistent and don't drop the call till you get a favourable response. Be ready to stay on the line for a while so ensure you have enough airtime on your phone.

Next time, please go to the airline's office and pay for your ticket while you are in their office. You get your ticket almost immediatley without issues - that's what I do. Otherwise, buy through a travel agent.

Good luck!

Thank you.. I appreciate this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eddibloc(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
giselle237:
stay on the site and keep checking intermittently.
Clear cache and cookies as well as history frequently.
I pray you find a price that looks close to the one you paid so even if you dnt get the ticket in time, you can have a spare booking at hand.
Keep trying the phone nos I sent as well.
Send the email so that it is recorded tht u sent to them.
I hope all goes well for you

Thanks I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dkay51(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hi guys!

Is walk-in service still available in Lagos or Abuja, and if yes, what are the cost implications?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timmb(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2022
GIOlayomi:
I respond to your email. Lets connect.

I have someone going for September intake, she paid initially £3000, she was asked to balance up to £2500 before her CAS, I don't know if its everybody but I have offer for Jan intake and my deposit is £5,500. Don't know if its applicable to everyone.

Hi @GIOlayomi. Can we link up please I'm waiting for unconditional offer from ulster too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Your family can pay for you, they should quote your student ID and name in the reference section

You will have to compare exchanges rates for both

Cheers

UARBIAFRAODUA:
I want to ask if I have my family help me pay my tuition deposit from Germany using bank transfer or I have them send the money down to Nigeria so I can pay with form A. Which is going to save more cost? I mean in terms of the rate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Can you put a screenshot of the page you are having issues with

Cheers

damlawrence101:
I ve some issue registering my application on UCAS about the Award organisation of my SSCE result
Note ÷ I'm applying for 2023 sep intake as an undergraduate student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Evidence of your travel history is not needed for your student visa so there is no need to submit it during biometrics

Cheers
Olufemiopa:
Good afternoon Seniors,

Can I upload biodata page of my expired passport with pages of stamps for my travel history as proof or I should just photocopy and take along during biometrics?

I await your advice.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by damlawrence101: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
The awarding organisation
dduchess90:
Hello

Can you put a screenshot of the page you are having issues with

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufemiopa: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
Thank you.
dduchess90:
Hello

Evidence of your travel history is not needed for your student visa so there is no need to submit it during biometrics

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davidandgo: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
Olufemiopa:
Good afternoon Seniors,

Can I upload biodata page of my expired passport with pages of stamps for my travel history as proof or I should just photocopy and take along during biometrics?

I await your advice.

Regards.

Scan and upload yourself if you selected self service. Photocopy and take along with you if you selected Assisted service.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LuckyLadolce(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
justwise:
9. ATAS certificate, if your course requires it.

10. Consent letter: Under 18s will also need a consent letter from both parents and/or their guardian consenting to their visa application, their living arrangements in the UK and their travel to the UK. See example here (edit as required): http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=29499
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/immigration/tier-4-application/supporting-documents#consent

Graduate visa (after successfully completing your studies) https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa
Cost: Visa - £715 + IHS (£624 per year * 2 for Masters programmes and £624 per year * 3 for PhDs) = £1,963 (Masters) and £2,587 (PhDs). This visa can’t be extended, you’ll need to migrate to another visa that allows you to work and live in the UK eg. Skilled worker visa, Innovator visa, Global Talent visa, any family route visa etc.

FOR DEPENDANTS: Your family should ideally be in the UK as your dependant under the Student visa for them to qualify as your dependants under the Graduate visa route. This means that they must apply to join you more than 6 months to the end of your course since IHS isn’t charged and BRPs are not issued for any visa below 6 months. If your dependants apply when you have less than 6 months to the end of your course, it means that they won’t be charged IHS and if they need medical attention, they might need to pay out of pocket. Also, proving their right to work might be difficult with this – anyone who has applied less than 6 months to the end of the main applicant’s visa should please state their experience for others to gain from.
a. Spouses only: Marriage certificate.
b. Spouses and Children: Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing £845 monthly * 9 months (£7,605) for within London or £680 monthly * 9 months (£6,120) for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

For dependant spouses, the money can be in your account or your partner's account.
For dependant children, the money can be in either parent's account.
Note: If applying shortly after the main applicant, be ready to show evidence of the main applicant’s funds (ie. Bank statements showing that he/she still has part of the money that hasn’t been spent on tuition or living expenses, rent/tuition receipts and any other document to prove that the money is not being recycled).

c. Spouses and children: TB test certificate (From IOM only)

d. Your child(ren) only: Child(ren)'s birth certificate showing you as their parent.
Note: If you’re taking care of a family member who’s now like a child to you and you’d like to take this child with you to the UK, you must provide an adoption certificate, court document showing that you have been appointed as the child’s legal guardian or granting you parental responsibility over the child.
These documents must be dated before the child turns 18 (ideally while the child is under age 16).

e. Spouse or parent's Biometric Residence Permit if they are already in the UK. Their vignette /GWF number if they have gotten their vignette but are still in Nigeria or if they are awaiting their application decision.

f. For spouses, you can include pictures of you and your spouse to prove that your marriage is genuine and subsisting or communication evidence (if you have lived apart prior to your application especially in cases where the spouse has travelled to the UK already). You can also use joint accounts, letters from your doctor, joint properties amongst many others to show that your marriage is real.

g. For children only: consent letter signed by both parents or legal guardian. See sample here (edit as required): http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=29499

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/immigration/tier-4-application/supporting-documents#consent
Hello, Kudos for the good job you are doing. My fiance wants to apply for a graduate course to one of the UK universities and she's of the opinion that I fill in as her dependant so we could go together. The issue is our international passports carries different Surnames because we are not married yet. Do you think it will work out like this? What are the options for lovers who are yet to marry and wants to travel together. I will appreciate a reply to this. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RhylanTraveller: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ibro2021:
Hello

You can try and walk in with 42k before your appointment date. You may spend the entire day at TLS and no guarantees they'll let you go in.
Also do note that you need to have a valid appointment before you can walk in.

Oh okay, I see. Thanks a lot for responding!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mcafeez: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
@duchess90

What is your take on this◇

I know Nigeria driver's license is valid for only upto 1yr in the UK. According to what i have read.

Now, is it must to have both Nigeria's driver license and International driver license ? OR just any of the two is enough ?

On Police Character Clearance
Some people said there are some certain jobs that requires it. And some ppl make it sounds as if those jobs has better pay hence if you don't bring police character clearance you won't get good pay job.

What is your whats on this...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elanqy: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
divinebarz:
Hello house, pls my school starts September 26 but I will apply by August 18 because that's when my POF will mature. Any idea if I would still meet up with the program start date? Another question is do I need to upload my employment letter when applying although my school only said we should upload only what is stated in the CAS and it's only my academic documents. Meanwhile I have a 10 year gap after youth service but I have been working. I await your kind response.
You wont meet the course start date.
After applying, you would most likely get a biometrics date that is 3 or 4 weeks from your application date.
Visa processing takes 3-6 weeks from biometrics date.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emandman: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello all,
Apart from passport and checklist
Do I need to take the original copies of the documents I uploaded on tls to the center on biometric day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Temix(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello all,
Does anyone have an idea on getting Uniben Transcript official/unofficial during this strike?

What else can an applicant use instead of transcript
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KOLONIZA: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2022
Thanks brozay ❤️❤️❤️
duchess90:
Hello

You can register your business anytime

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hooged: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
There’s a mistake on my wedding certificate, 93 was written instead of 1992 for my wife dob what can I do please , getting another one or I should affidavit? Urgent pls .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
Happy Sunday,
For a 16 months course, how much IHS should be paid?,
1. For 9 months or the whole duration?
2. How much is the visa fee now? Is it the same for MA and dependant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
Are intending travellers still getting personal travel allowance? sad

Be like a spanner don lodge for between the gears of the trade monitoring system.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello guys. Great job so far.

Pls, I have an appointment at Tls VI tomorrow by noon,

Do they stick to time at Tls or I have to be there as early as possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Be there 15mins before your time

Cheers
SaintOpzy:
Hello guys. Great job so far.

Pls, I have an appointment at Tls VI tomorrow by noon,

Do they stick to time at Tls or I have to be there as early as possible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Abbott(m): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
Quick question guys.

Can I apply for a partner dependent tier 4 visa only after the main applicant has been granted visa??

When I tried applying, i was asked for the main applicant's visa expiry date or am I doing something wrong?
#Justwise duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Have you had a look at the links on the first page?

1. 9months

2. visa fee MA £363 Dependant £490

Cheers
quote author=lightofjoy post=115479838]Happy Sunday,
For a 16 months course, how much IHS should be paid?,
1. For 9 months or the whole duration?
2. How much is the visa fee now? Is it the same for MA and dependant?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Please quote the course end date on the MA's CAS

Cheers
Abbott:
Quick question guys.

Can I apply for a partner dependent tier 4 visa only after the main applicant has been granted visa??

When I tried applying, i was asked for the main applicant's visa expiry date or am I doing something wrong?
#Justwise duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

I won't be concerned as marriage certificate in this instance serves a purpose to prove relationship

But if you are then an affidavit will be fine

Cheers
hooged:
There’s a mistake on my wedding certificate, 93 was written instead of 1992 for my wife dob what can I do please , getting another one or I should affidavit? Urgent pls .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omonas035(f): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2022
This thread, I am posting my testimony. Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hooged: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

I won't be concerned as marriage certificate in this instance serves a purpose to prove relationship

But if you are then an affidavit will be fine

Cheers
thanks , someone said they can issue another one for me , but it will be just one copy and I will have to contact my bestlady and bestman to sign , what if ukvi verify it , sincerely I don’t just want an issue at all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

Just your Nigeria drivers license which is an international license and yes it is valid for one year after that you will need to switch to a UK license

2. PCC is usually for jobs that will deal with very sensitive positions,people or information.It doesn't necessary equate to well paying job and there are lots of organisations that will offer amazing positions without a PCC

What would be of concern when you get a job in the UK is DBS checks

Cheers

mcafeez:
@duchess90

What is your take on this◇

I know Nigeria driver's license is valid for only upto 1yr in the UK. According to what i have read.

Now, is it must to have both Nigeria's driver license and International driver license ? OR just any of the two is enough ?

On Police Character Clearance
Some people said there are some certain jobs that requires it. And some ppl make it sounds as if those jobs has better pay hence if you don't bring police character clearance you won't get good pay job.

What is your whats on this...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello @Justwise

Please help, I can't seem to respond with my @duchess90 account

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

The awarding organisation should reflect WAEC or SSCE or WASSCE

See screenshot from UCAS

Cheers

quote author=damlawrence101 post=115477141]The awarding organisation
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.