Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1001622 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fun2fun(f): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2022
Good morning house

Has anyone experienced this? I got an invite for pre-CAS interview and I haven't been given an offer. This is very unusual, is this possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 11:25am On Sep 08, 2022
Visionare:
No problems. Someone here applied to 17 schools as at the time he came here t post and said he is already on the 18th application.

I applied to like 3 schools and got offers from the 3 of them.

What courses (and sch) if I may ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2022
bharkarh:
Hello

Does anyone know if Glasgow Caledonia university require Pof for CAS

Did you get an offer from them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2022
Good morning please I need a number to make a paid call please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Godsknight(m): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2022
I did biometric for standard visa on 23rd August at Abuja TLS. I got empty NSF four days after biometrics. I do check mail regularly if there will mail to upload documents , but I have not got any mail. My visa application will be 14 working days tomorrow. I want to ask if I can do paid call tomorrow to know the status of my visa .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2022
Rosysea2088:

Yes,it does. And their CAS usually takes 3 to 5 weeks after deposit payment to come out, so make your tuition deposit on time.

Are jobs available there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Flamezcadio(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2022
Hello have you been given admission for January intake?
waleoguntayo:
Good evening.

Anyone going to Derby? January Intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 11:38am On Sep 08, 2022
misskit:
Please house, anybody going to UWE bristol in January?

Do they require POF before issuing CAS?
Reply me please.

Yes they do.

I got an offer from them for January but still dragging my feet for other offers.

I don't know the availability of jobs in that city.

Though they said it's an expensive city
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmyrez(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2022
Please i cant find the priority option. Please someone should put me through

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2022
misskit:
i got offer from leeds beckett
Does UWE require pof b4 issuing CAS?
And whats your payment deadline?

They will inform you, after you accept the offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by misskit(f): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2022
I have accepted the offer, consulted with a friend dere and he said its better than my other option despite it being an expensive city
remecy:

They will inform you, after you accept the offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Abbe777: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Adebowale10:
Pls anyone going to South Wales university pontypridd, September intake can we relate. If there is any WhatsApp that I can be added to before I leave for UK...

Yes drop your mail

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
delaveres:
Good morning house and congrats to everyone with Visas

Please, I need an advice on this issue.

I'll be travelling to the UK with my family, my husband and daughter. Initially, we applied for a 2 year course to buy time since I'll go first and they'll come join me later, like after 1 year or less. To avoid any form of issues around their visa applications when they're eventually ready, we decided to process all our visas together. Then we all travel together for like a month so they can get their BRPs and then travel back to Nigeria.

Now, we're thinking, is there still a need for a 2 year course? Again, the fact that they are not physically here, will it affect anything in anyway? Like, when we want to apply for PSWV, will this cause any issue? They'll definitely come over before the end of my course, but I'll be close to finishing.

Please, I want to be certain before we take any step in that regard. has anyone gone through anything similar?

If you are on Visa, I don’t think you can live outside the UK for more than 90 days otherwise it would affect your next application. I stand to be corrected though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pacypatty(f): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
Godsknight:
I did biometric for standard visa on 23rd August at Abuja TLS. I got empty NSF four days after biometrics. I do check mail regularly if there will mail to upload documents , but I have not got any mail. My visa application will be 14 working days tomorrow. I want to ask if I can do paid call tomorrow to know the status of my visa .

Same day with mine. Please let me know the outcome of the paid call. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by delaveres(f): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Olufe111:

If you are on Visa, I don’t think you can live outside the UK for more than 90 days otherwise it would affect your next application. I stand to be corrected though

Wow! Really? Please, can anyone confirm this please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Emmyrez:
Please i cant find the priority option. Please someone should put me through

Before it used to be in this page but they moved it ... you need to pay this and continue to TLS site. It on the biometric side that you now click and pay for priority

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dancubed: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
JANUARY 2023 INTAKE: HELP

I started applying for January 2023 intake since July into UK Universities and Between July and today (September 8, 2022), I've applied to 9 UK Universities namely Northumbria, Bournemouth, Derby, Northampton, Anglia Ruskin, Strathclyde, Hudderfield, Essex and Hertfordshire. Only 1 (Anglia Ruskin) has rejected my application. Others are yet to reply.

Brethren and Sisters on NL with experience, kindly suggest UK Unis with January 2023 intake that offers admission FASTER and those that won't require POF for CAS so I can apply to them. If they respond fast, I'm praying I can pay tuition with Form A before the possible deadline of Dec. Please help. DON'T IGNORE ME!

NOTE: I am looking out for Psychology courses, Education leadership courses, and the likes of 1 year course. Something to take advantage of the Occupation shortage list.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Awardd: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
[quote author=endinpraise907 post=115443904]Hello fam,
Trust everyone is having a restful weekend.
Please share with us here the likely questions at the UK Point of Entry.{STUDENT}

Thank you
Pls, is Uk accept HND for direct Master or pre maste for international students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
FunmilAnu:
Like I said in my previous post I am not sure if CBN has changed their mind. It was an information passed to MMU prospective students to take advantage of Form A as early as possible .I believe the post by MMU was not to mislead because they even did tutorial of how to generate invoice on their end for Form A . All they said was use Form A early. Which is what I stated. Mind you this is Nigeria. We all woke up one day and saw our card could no longer do international transactions. So anything can happen. But if you have inside information from CBN feel free to share because it looks like you have .

The bolded is where the catchy phrase is,
they want you to make Early payment so they can have their money before time.

If that is not convincing to you and you believe someone will wake up one morning and put a stop to form A.
You should have asked why other institution did not served such notice,abi na only MMU dey UK?

Reading far and wide will always give you the need information,fact check will always put you the right track,you should have used the same energy you spent in believing and defending this to look for CBN rebuttal on this

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Plethereal: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
Good day everyone, please is it mandatory to present a return ticket for PTA application (students)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
Good day,
Pls in declaring parents details during application, if one of the parents is late, do I still need to include the details of the late parent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Abbe777: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please after successfully uploading my documents under self service, do i need to carry all the documents uploaded to the TLS centre on the day of my biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Herbworks: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dammyzeal007:
Good morning guys and my ogas..
Please who knows much about sheffield Hallam University?
1. Do they require POF to get Cas?
2. Is it a good school to be recommended?
3. Can one get student job easily in the location?

Thanks guys for your expected response and recommendations.

They don’t require POF before CAS.
Their initial deposit is £1,000 but be ready to pay another 50% during enrollment before your course starts.

Sheffield is a good city

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Herbworks: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dancubed:
JANUARY 2023 INTAKE: HELP

I started applying for January 2023 intake since July into UK Universities and Between July and today (September 8, 2022), I've applied to 9 UK Universities namely Northumbria, Bournemouth, Derby, Northampton, Anglia Ruskin, Strathclyde, Hudderfield, Essex and Hertfordshire. Only 1 (Anglia Ruskin) has rejected my application. Others are yet to reply.

Brethren and Sisters on NL with experience, kindly suggest UK Unis with January 2023 intake that offers admission FASTER and those that won't require POF for CAS so I can apply to them. If they respond fast, I'm praying I can pay tuition with Form A before the possible deadline of Dec. Please help. DON'T IGNORE ME!

NOTE: I am looking out for Psychology courses, Education leadership courses, and the likes of 1 year course. Something to take advantage of the Occupation shortage list.

Do you have your transcript and certificate in hand? I know Essex requires transcript to issue conditional offer. Just be patient tho cos I believe schools are still focusing on September intake

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
delaveres:

Wow! Really? Please, can anyone confirm this please?

Seems it’s 180days ooo and it’s for people on definite leave to remain. I’m sure there would be a clause for dependants visa too.

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain-tier-2-t2-skilled-worker-visa/time-uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Damola01: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2022
Deen4real:
is the paid call this morning please

Yes, I made it about 10am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
1. Can I apply for another course at Teeside, this time Msc in the same program I had B.Tech?

Yes you can. Receiving an offer of a place on a programme is significantly about demonstrating how you meet the specified entry requirements for the programme of interest.

Going forward, is it legal to apply to two different programs for the same school i.e 2 different applications and see which one succeeds

So it is not about being legal and the objective should not be to gamble because ultimately your chances of getting an offer does not improve because you have put in 2 applications. You can put in applications for different programmes in the same school if you can demonstrate that you meet the specified entry requirements for the different programmes.

Demonstrating that you meet the specified requirements for the different programmes means that each application must be distinct i.e tailored personal statement, tailored CV and maybe different references as well and additional relevant qualifications as required by each programme. 2 applications for different programmes in the same school seems to be a reasonable number. when they are more and in areas that are radically different from each other then it becomes more about the perception it gives to the admissions team of a lack of research and focus on your part.

eyexi:
I just got rejected for admission at Teeside
Reason: program not related to my first degree

1. Can I apply for another course at Teeside, this time Msc in the same program I had B.Tech?

2. Going forward, is it legal to apply to two different programs for the same school i.e 2 different applications and see which one succeeds

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HrmBennyEmmy: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Good afternoon Nairaland famz!!!
I’m going for biometrics at Abuja Saturday
Getting all my documents checked and ready.

.HND statement of result
.HND Transcripts
.ND Cert.
.ND Transcripts
.Waec Cert.
.CAS document.
.TB cert.
.Marriage Cert.
.Passport biodata page.
.Work reference.
.CV with 5years working experience, After my ND company I did 1year IT retained me wen I went back for HND.. I was schooling and working.

Graduated 2021 my HND certificate ain’t ready yet it will be issued at next school convocation ceremony. The school that gave me admission acknowledge this and stated higher National diploma Statement of result on my CAS as Qualification used for assessment.

Is there any other document I need to add this list for when submitting. Please advise ��

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HrmBennyEmmy: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
HrmBennyEmmy:
.BanK statement showing Pof from 3august till 8 sept
.HND statement of result
.HND Transcripts
.ND Cert.
.ND Transcripts
.Waec Cert.
.CAS document.
.TB cert.
.Marriage Cert.
.Passport biodata page.
.Work reference.
.CV with 5years working experience, After my ND, D company I did 1year IT retained me. wen I went back for HND.. I was schooling and working.

Graduated 2021 my HND certificate ain’t ready yet it will be issued at next school convocation ceremony. The school that gave me admission acknowledged this and stated higher National diploma Statement of result on my CAS as Qualification used for assessment.

Is there any other document I need to add to this list when submitting. Please advise ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
misskit:
I have accepted the offer, consulted with a friend dere and he said its better than my other option despite it being an expensive city

So what was the next response from them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Samcathe: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
HrmBennyEmmy:

.HND statement of result
.HND Transcripts
.ND Cert.
.ND Transcripts
.Waec Cert.
.CAS document.
.TB cert.
.Marriage Cert.
.Passport biodata page.
.Work reference.
.CV with 5years working experience, After my ND company I did 1year IT retained me wen I went back for HND.. I was schooling and working.

Graduated 2021 my HND certificate ain’t ready yet it will be issued at next school convocation ceremony. The school that gave me admission acknowledge this and stated higher National diploma Statement of result on my CAS as Qualification used for assessment.

Is there any other document I need to add this list for when submitting. Please advise ��

You are good to go.

Which school if I may ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.