Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1025338 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kbpresh: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
Just use your passport as it is. You really don't want to go through passport stress right now.

Getset:
I am about to start processing my international passport for the first time. I used my own name on my NIN instead of my husband's name. I was told for me to have an international passport in my husband's name, I have to first change it on my NIN.

My question is: does my passport have to bear my husband's name, can't I just stick to my parent's name.

Will that disqualify me as his dependant for UK student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
lightofjoy:
Good day,
Pls in declaring parents details during application, if one of the parents is late, do I still need to include the details of the late parent
Not necessarily. You even have the option to choose that you don't know any of your parents' details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kalakris:
What happens when you book a flight let's say at 200,000 and you are given 12 hours to pay. You get your booking code and yet to make payment. However, after like 3 hours, the price of the flight increases to 300,000 on their website but you eventually want to pay before the expiration of your earlier booking. Will they charge you with the booking price or will it be with the current ticket price?
You'll pay at the price you held the flight for. That's the whole point of holding flights in the first place. To keep the flight from getting sold out during that window and maintain the price that interested (suited) you when you held it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by famzybaba: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kalakris:

Nope. Inbox.
I sent a paid mail to ukvi and then another mail to TLS.
I don't know if it was because of the mail I sent or if they were actually gonna send it regardless
Please which email address is TLS using? I want to mail them as well. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Elolam87:
Good evening house,I just got a conditional offer from University of bedfordshire(Msc Public health).Part of the conditions is to provide an official transcript and waec result.As we all know that ASUU is on strike, pls what can I do?I already uploaded my waec certificate during the application. How do they mean by waec again? Kindly help me out gurus in the house
You have to get your transcript somehow. For your WAEC, they probably want you to upload scratch card details so they can verify. Why not contact the school to be sure?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maybs(f): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
It doesn't really,
I recently applied as a dependent too but with my own surname. As I can't go through the name change saga, Awaiting visa��
kbpresh:
Just use your passport as it is. You really don't want to go through passport stress right now.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Josnwa2k8: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Pls gurus in the house ,I want to start my Uk visa application.
Which of the opitions will I select to proceed?
Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Josnwa2k8:
Pls gurus in the house ,I want to start my Uk visa application.
Which of the opitions will I select to proceed?
Thanks
LoL the first option.

Good luck, man!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello

On a study visa one way is sufficient

Cheers
bamangar:
As a student and first time traveler, are you supposed to book your flight one-way or return??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Based on information available to us, resumption will proceed as planned. Welcome week will be shortly after the 10 days mourning period. Activities should go as normal but may be a little relaxed.

UKVI will not really be affected. So, visas will be processed normally.

Communication will go on between you and the University. However, during this period, we will NOT be sending out any congratulatory messages of any kind.

This is from a school Rep����
Maybs:
This is actually a big concern though,
Cos I'm.hearing there will be a 2weeks break blah blah... I pray it doesn't affect this process cos it won't be funnyundecided

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello

Please log back through the sign in details and go to provide biometrics section

It will take you to TLS page

Cheers
Emotionz:
Please how do I book biometrics??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello

I do,can you chase with a paid mail by Monday to get an update on this?

Cheers
kino47:

MA has picked application but dependent still at dmc, nsf was sent same day visa was issued
Hope u remember now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Josnwa2k8: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
habhidhemhii:
LoL the first option.

Good luck, man!
Thank you .
So I clicked the first option ,this came out and when I clicked no ,it took me back to the first page

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello

Meaning date of application was the 21st right??

That should be fine then

Cheers
Pacypatty:

August 16 but didnt not submit till 21st.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Damola01: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
presid:
I want to make paid call. Can somebody pls give me the link?

Call +443007906268
Press 1251 once you hear welcome to UK....
Have your debit/credit card details at hand and your GWF number.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello

Please use this link for your study visa application.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4?cookiesPreferencesURL=https%3A%2F%2Fapply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk%2Fdashboard%2Fcookies&cookiesPolicyDomain=apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk&analytics=true

It should come up with the next section showing short term study or student visa

Cheers
Josnwa2k8:

Thank you .
So I clicked the first option ,this came out and when I clicked no ,it took me back to the first page

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pchuks99: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
Seems processing of standard applications has been at a standstill, 11th and 12th Aug all week. When will they get to 15th and 16th? Hope they don't go on break to mourn the Queen's passing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pacypatty(f): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Meaning date of application was the 21st right??

That should be fine then

Cheers

Thank you so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maybs(f): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thanks for your response.
May her soul rest in peace.
Skynet2021:
Based on information available to us, resumption will proceed as planned. Welcome week will be shortly after the 10 days mourning period. Activities should go as normal but may be a little relaxed.

UKVI will not really be affected. So, visas will be processed normally.

Communication will go on between you and the University. However, during this period, we will NOT be sending out any congratulatory messages of any kind.

This is from a school Rep����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by alongetayo: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
scofieldokpara:
My ticket with egyptair is 204k naira

Mine with my wife was 551k. Rwandair, booked last month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Josnwa2k8: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Please use this link for your study visa application.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4?cookiesPreferencesURL=https%3A%2F%2Fapply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk%2Fdashboard%2Fcookies&cookiesPolicyDomain=apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk&analytics=true

It should come up with the next section showing short term study or student visa

Cheers
Thank youuuu Duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Pchuks99:
Seems processing of standard applications has been at a standstill, 11th and 12th Aug all week. When will they get to 15th and 16th? Hope they don't go on break to mourn the Queen's passing
I made some paid calls today and 15th applications were already decided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Josnwa2k8: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Josnwa2k8:

Thank youuuu Duchess
Duchess I opened the link ,it showed dis and clicked the first option ,then it brot the 2nd slide ,I picked No,but it took me back to the first slide

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thanks, I have contacted the school but yet to respond.I already uploaded a student copy of my transcript during application.Do I need to collect another transcript addressed or sent to the school directly or how?
habhidhemhii:
You have to get your transcript somehow. For your WAEC, they probably want you to upload scratch card details so they can verify. Why not contact the school to be sure?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thanks, I have contacted the school but yet to respond.I already uploaded a student copy of my transcript during application.Do I need to collect another transcript addressed or sent to the school directly or how? Can I get the scratch card at waec office, ibadan?
habhidhemhii:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Deen4real(m): 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
taolut:

My brother's application just moved to "Transferred to VAC" this morning.
Biometrics 11th AUGUST - Ikeja
Alhamdulilah my dependents decisions was made and move to VAC today . 11th August standard application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bosslady25: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello everyone, please help.
Main applicant did biometrics (walk-in with dependents) on 27th August , Priority.
He got nsf mail on 6th September to upload tb certificate. Paid call today. Still awaiting decision for MA and dependents. The person that picked the call collected his details for escalation.
Please, who has experienced this Any advise, because I’m really worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bosslady25: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
]Hello everyone, please help.
Main applicant did biometrics (walk-in with dependents) on 27th August , Priority.
He got nsf mail on 6th September to upload tb certificate. Paid call today. Still awaiting decision for MA and dependents. The person that picked the call collected his details for escalation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didi14: 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Visa Alert!!!!
Biometrics date: 29th August tls ikeja Priority.
Decision made: 5th Sept.
transfered to vac: 7th September
Collection mail/brp mail: 8th September
Passport Delivery DHL: 8th September.
This thread has been very helpful to me. God bless everyone here. Duchess, Thank you for answering all my questions. ❤️

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gabi1987: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2022
mattyjay:
I did my bio 10th August at Ikeja TLS. Yet to receive my collection mail. Anyone in this shoes? Its driving me nuts. I sent a paid mail yesterday and they said the application is receiving attention and that they have escalated to a case worker. They also said it may take up tp 15 working days to respond. I'm confused at this point sad
I did mine at vi since Aug 5 still at DMC. I escalated no response yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:51am On Sep 09, 2022
Hello

Can you try a different browser??

It works perfectly fine on my end

Cheers
Josnwa2k8:

Duchess I opened the link ,it showed dis and clicked the first option ,then it brot the 2nd slide ,I picked No,but it took me back to the first slide
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:52am On Sep 09, 2022
Hello

Just 3 days after NSF for TB certificate

You might need to give some time before re-escalating.There's nothing to worry about

Cheers

Bosslady25:
]Hello everyone, please help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.