Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1004879 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Destined4gr8nes: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
frankob:
Can I use my Naira card for paid email? They just debuted my dollar card and transaction didn’t go through.

Yes you can use it.
It works.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by temodent(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ellasquare:
Am so frustrated and depressed right now, 11th week after biometrics, 9th week after decision has been made, several paid mails, 1 paid call, escalation has been done, 10working days after escalation elapsed yesterday, yet no collection mail, application still at DMC, am just confused. I applied for dependent visa. @duchess please help, this is really affecting me seriously and really eating me up.

Just a little advise here, you shouldn't take their word for it when they informed you a decision had been made, I have seen several cases where they informed the applicants via mail enquiry that a decision had been made and a subsequent mail said otherwise. It is most likely you were told a lie that a decision had been made.

Transfer from DMC to VAC doesn't have to take even 2 weeks, just keep hope alive, even though it tarries it would surely come

Relax and dont allow them get you frustrated, they're currently completely overwhelmed themselves.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tracedan120: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
WilsonBright935:

Congratulations!!! wink wink

You did priority and you're collecting like a month after. Was there any nsf?

If no, what is the fate of those that did standard now? Ehn!!!

No it’s 6 working days from biometrics,no nsf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello

What questions do you have??

You may wish to ask them here or refer to the Living in the UK thread

Cheers
Asslady7:
I once came across a thread where mothers discuss how to cope with kids alone abroad , I can’t find the thread pls leave a link if you can .

Thank you in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello

As long as he comes clean.

There will be lots of scrutiny on his application and detailed checks due to previous immigration issues in Canada

So I'll say it's a 50/50..he should give it a try

Cheers
Santa2:
abeg make una help me put mouth for this matter, I have a peculiar case with regards to a friend who was jailed in the canada and deported to Nigeria some 14 years ago. He has since remodeled himself and become a model citizen, raising a family. He wants to apply for a masters and intends to give full disclosure when applying for his Visa. What are his chances of getting his visa approved? Anyone know of a similar situation and gotten approval?

@justwise
@lagosishome
@dduchess90
@nickishire
@all&sundry smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihuoma001: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please what are the requirements to fly using Ethiopian airline?
Abuj to Addis Ababa, Adb to Frankfurt (Germany), Frankfurt to Scotland
Please I’ve booked on hold and about to pay. Do I need transit visas? Yellow fever or any form of vaccination. Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dancubed: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
The challenge while he may find it difficult to get a visa as his gf's dependent is that the girlfriend would have mentioned that she is single, unmarried and does not have a dependent in her visa application.

So if they get married now (after gf has been granted visa), even if they backdate marriage certificate to reflect that they married before her visa application and they take plenty pictures, how ill she explain to UKVI that she forgot to state that she is married in her visa application. It's very tight if not impossible. Chances are slim.

[quote author=Blessingalozie post=116685394][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tracedan120:

No it’s 6 working days from biometrics,no nsf

My bad!!!... I just checked again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello

Hopefully the ECO cross-checks the CAS details with what he filled.

Can you confirm if this information was stated on the CAS?

Worst case scenario an NSF will be sent to clarify things

Cheers

Dimejidude:
Good morning my people. A friend of mine discovered a few errors on his visa application form after having paid the visa application fee + IHS fee. Please what options does he have?
The error has to do with how much he has paid so far, instead of £7000 he put £4000.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello.

Most people here already have a first degree and wish to get a postgraduate.There are a couple of undergrads too

The duration of a visa shouldn't be a reason to do another first degree

Everything done should be with intention and purpose

Cheers

Teejayadex:
I noticed people don't go for undergraduate studies in UK and i want to know why, is it because of the cost, or they hardly grant visas or the study challenge, because I know 3 years should be better than 1 year Visa. please I want to know why
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello

Yes

Cheers
heykims:

Is it possible to commence admission process ie applying to schools without the international passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwasegun664(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Vullia:

I doubt if anyone has gotten offer for january

Tnk uuuuuuu
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ihuoma001:
Please what are the requirements to fly using Ethiopian airline?
Abuj to Addis Ababa, Adb to Frankfurt (Germany), Frankfurt to Scotland
Please I’ve booked on hold and about to pay. Do I need transit visas? Yellow fever or any form of vaccination. Please help
transit visa for Frankfurt
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Dancubed:
The challenge while he may find it difficult to get a visa as his gf's dependent is that the girlfriend would have mentioned that she is single, unmarried and does not have a dependent in her visa application.

So if they get married now (after gf has been granted visa), even if they backdate marriage certificate to reflect that they married before her visa application and they take plenty pictures, how ill she explain to UKVI that she forgot to state that she is married in her visa application. It's very tight if not impossible. Chances are slim.

my husband traveled February and he put single then I applied last month 16th but I changed my marriage certificate I posted the date to be after he applied, like he applied then we got married but we wrote a letter stating the whole dates and I have pictures of our marriage though my application has moved to vac but I have not gotten it

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by willyede(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
misskit:
What is dere payment plan

50%/50%

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cyberdurable(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please someone should help me, I applied for my masters at Salford University, I was given a conditional offer to pay 5500 pounds, + extra 1k pounds as deposit, also they gave me deadline of 21st sept to pay for this, now I am ready to pay, the link they gave me to pay is charging 870N/ pound , and I can't start applying for a form A now, someone please help me out on an easy way to do this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cyberdurable(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes

Cheers

Please someone should help me, I applied for my masters at Salford University, I was given a conditional offer to pay 5500 pounds, + extra 1k pounds as deposit, also they gave me deadline of 21st sept to pay for this, now I am ready to pay, the link they gave me to pay is charging 870N/ pound , and I can't start applying for a form A now, someone please help me out on an easy way to do this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dancubed: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
I pray you get the visa. Wishing you the best.

I didn't say it isn't impossible. In fact I said it is not impossible but he should ask Nairalanders on the possibilities and how to go about it.

However, what you stated here is different from what you advise him to do. Your marriage certificate date was after he applied for the visa. But you advised him to ensure his marriage certificate date is before she applied.

His case and application has to be water-tight so as not to make it look false and make his visa application as a dependent successful 'cos they are genuinely getting married unlike the arrangee dependent stuff that seems to be on the rise now.

I wish him the best.

Blessingalozie:
my husband traveled February and he put single then I applied last month 16th but I changed my marriage certificate I posted the date to be after he applied, like he applied then we got married but we wrote a letter stating the whole dates and I have pictures of our marriage though my application has moved to vac but I have not gotten it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
omoajiri:
Yes you can.
I used a single email address for my family of 6. I also sent emails asking for our BRP letters in 1 email message.
Just ensure that you write the names, GWF numbers etc.

How long did it take them to send the brp letters, i.e if they have?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Piroskii(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
Yep...Since May
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Piroskii(m): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Yep..since May

Oluwasegun664:
Pls has anyone receive offer to Edinburgh Napier University Jan 2023...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by favourdamsel: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please how long does form A take for money to be credited to the UK university for my tuition fees deposits . Please who have used form A recently to pay tuition fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jackfj: 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Afternoon house..
Please between msc DATA SCINCE

And msc RENEWABLE ENERGY STUDIES

which is better to study relating to job prospects in the uk��... thanks house for the advanced input ....

Note: first degree

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihuoma001: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
giselle237:
transit visa for Frankfurt

Please how do I get it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kuvalis: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2022

ReginaInaku19:

Please how much is Portsmouth deposit before case is given?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jsquares: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
U defer the admission, confirm if your course have February intake 2023, if yes from a reliable source they will start issuing CAS by next month.
Iriabay:

So, what now happens to people they collected fee deposit from for this same course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
cyberdurable:
deadline is now Sept 30 I think

Pls verify and don't take my word for it

Also, do you have POF ready as they require it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwasegun664(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Piroskii:
Yep..since May

Visited one of there group page on facebook, majority of the applicants for January 2023 are still waiting for offers...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jasbt(f): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
In same situation. I got their conditional offer but part of the conditions is the english language thing even after sending them my o levels with c5.
Had to pause for other schools admission which is takin forever now.

[quote author=fun2fun post=116689211][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

As long as he comes clean.

There will be lots of scrutiny on his application and detailed checks due to previous immigration issues in Canada

So I'll say it's a 50/50..he should give it a try

Cheers

His chances are high if he is 100% honest. I suggest he adds a cover letter to his application to explain what happened 14 years ago, how he has learnt his lesson, how sorry he is for what happened and how he has turned his life around.

I know someone who had a similar issue (she was deported from the UK but was not jailed). She applied years later and got back into the UK with the skilled worker visa.

He should be honest and pray for the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.