Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1001117 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Easy now... we don't want the plane to crash smiley

The max luggage allowance is 32kg...so while each bag is 23kg , most airline charge you if you want to go more but up to 32kg. However these extra luggage are usually expensive so it best to keep it at 23kg. You can also pay for a third bag of 23kg if 2 bags is not enough

But 40kg... that will be a no no. Way too over weight

Please in the case that one want to just have one piece with 23kg and the other piece 23kg divided into two boxes, like 15kg and 8kg respectively.

Will be be allowed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2022
Immality:

Please in the case that one want to just have one piece with 23kg and the other piece 23kg divided into two boxes, like 15kg and 8kg respectively.

No they will charge you per bag . So if you split 23kg into two bags and still have another 23kg that will be classified as 3 bags . You will be charged a whole lot for the 3rd bag

Using this example. It better to combined 15kg +8 into one bag. Or if the 8kg is small it can be the hand luggage

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2022
You wan complicate things that. Possibly you might be allowed to take the 8kg into the cabin while the other two checked in but why would you want to carry 3 cases? Handling might become an issue for you when you are traveling to your final destination ...my thoughts though.

[quote author=Immality post=116683030][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fun2fun(f): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2022
seglius:
Visa alert

Standard for dependent and I
Abuja

Marriage: 4/8/2022
Biometric : 13/8/2022
Paid mail: 8/9/2022 ( decision made)
Collection mail: 14/9/2022

Document
MA
Education certificate and transcript
NECO
Pof
Financial Consent letter for wife
Marriage certificate
Marriage picture with family (5pages)
TB
Cv
Resident visa from UAE

Dependent
TB
Marriage cert
Marriage pictures
Whatapp chat( 3 pages)

Halleluyah!!! GOD DID IT FOR US, yours is next ijn amen. Best buddies.

Congratulations to you. Please I would like to know if you are going for another masters or for PhD.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dancubed: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Congratulations on your gf's visa.
Sure you can explore the option of going to the UK as her dependant after marriage. But there are few questions.

1. What's your mission in UK...Strictly Education (Masters) or japa (Japa by Education route)
2. Are you sure she is the one you want to marry? Did you made the decision to spend the rest of your life with her before all this travelling started? Are you ready to marry her cos of shared values and dreams and do you see a future with no issues/drama with her ? Are you the one pushing marriage or she?
3. Did she include you as her dependent in her Visa application.

If your answer to Question 3 is No, it may be difficult if not impossible for you to become her dependent and join her in less than 6 months(if her program is 1 year).

If your answer to Question 2 is that you want to really marry her for genuine reasons, please go ahead. But know that that may not automatically give you the opportunity to travel as her dependent as documentation for her visa didn't say you are her spouse.

If your answer to Question 1 is just Education. Be calm apply for January intake, choose same Uni as hers, it's not too late. you may be lucky to get admission. However I hope both of you have your full tuition cos if you don't, you won't be able to support each other to pay tuition balance except if you have assured financial support back in Nigeria.

Otherwise if it is just for japa, you getting married and joining her later may be an option if she gets a skilled worker visa after school. But be ready to have lot of patience of not being with your "new wife" for over a year.

You can ask NL about chances of including a spouse as a dependent after visa has been issued.

omega2128:
Good day guys
Quick one
My gf has gotten her visa and ready to move by ending of the month. I couldn't meet deadline for tuition deposit of my school due to CBN form A palava. I tried to defer but school told me to reapply.
My girl wants us to marry before she travels and join her later as dependant.

Is this possible?
Pls, advice me

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Asslady7: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2022
nairaandaed:
Please does anyone have idea how much university of sussex tuition fee is and if they give discounts, tried checking on their website but 2023 fee is not yet set, i just need an idea

I guess you have to request for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sirjey4real20: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2022
duncanmighty:
Where?

Try Ebony
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2022
duncanmighty:
Hello everyone, I wish applying for masters programme in the U.K for January intake but the problem I'm having now is my passport which is expired and finding ways to renew urgently. May I ask if I can get Universities there that can offer me a place pending my paaapirt is renewed.? I will need your various advice on order to smoothen my plans against January bearing in mind the passport issue. I will also appreciate recommendation on which state passport control I can go to that can guarantee my passport renewal by month end at most to meet up this admission and visa process. Any state that is certain please let me learn e been if in the north

You can try Sagamu.
It was reported to be less congested few weeks ago.
i don't know what it will be like now

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Asslady7: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2022
sirjey4real20:
I know where you can get your passport in a week if you are in the east

Does that apply to those who want new passport too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teejayadex: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2022
I noticed people don't go for undergraduate studies in UK and i want to know why, is it because of the cost, or they hardly grant visas or the study challenge, because I know 3 years should be better than 1 year Visa. please I want to know why
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by femredhead: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2022
Payment of IHS for 3years !..lol

Teejayadex:
I noticed people don't go for undergraduate studies in UK and i want to know why, is it because of the cost, or they hardly grant visas or the study challenge, because I know 3 years should be better than 1 year Visa. please I want to know why
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teejayadex: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2022
femredhead:
Payment of IHS for 3years !..lol

Okay thanks, is that the only major reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2022
eyexi:

If you are serious about January, You don't have up to month-end. You need where you can get your passport the same day or next day (My opinion). That means you must apply through the PCO and bribe him with a handsome amount

The system is deliberately designed in such a way to make Japa as difficult as possible for you and one of the ways they achieve that is ARTIFICIAL BOOKLET SCARCITY

Stop misleading people,no one designed anything to make life difficult.
No where in the whole World you get a Passport in 24-48hrs except Nigeria where people corrupt the system at the same time expect it to runs effectively.

7 weeks is the minimum it will take you to renew and 10 weeks for a fresh application, all you need is just to start on time and not a week to when you need your passport.
as for your wrong assertion that PCO will speed up things,you just wan go waste your money.
The system is automated,no one can do anything until it gets to your turn.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:

No they will charge you per bag . So if you split 23kg into two bags and still have another 23kg that will be classified as 3 bags . You will be charged a whole lot for the 3rd bag

Using this example. It better to combined 15kg +8 into one bag. Or if the 8kg is small it can be the hand luggage

Thanks for your reply .

Someone said here is acceptable to carry one piece 28kg to 32kg then complete the remaining in the other piece.

How true is this or must the 23kg be splitted into two pieces?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Godsknight(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2022
Maybs:
which tls?
Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by femredhead: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2022
I cannot input my phone number on Form A because the column can't be click,is it like that?

And what can I choose here at below screenshot.

Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by femredhead: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2022
You can't take your dependants along also.

Teejayadex:

Okay thanks, is that the only major reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bombito: 10:30am On Sep 15, 2022
After disturbing them, they sent a mail yesterday, that they are having too much application s for January intake and that I should try for September 2023.
It is well..

ConfusedSailor:

I applied since July and I haven’t heard anything. When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teejayadex: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2022
femredhead:
You can't take your dependants along also.

Oh thanks, have understand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2022
Ikeja 23rd already decided today. Call again today or tomorrow
Godsknight:
My biometrics was August 23rd, I have done paid mail once , but response was awaiting decision . When do you think I can do another paid mail to know the status of my application.My school will resume next week. I am running out of patience .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Iruobe1987: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2022
jsquares:

Which course because I knew international business management it's fill up already, author=Iruobe1987 post=116667355]
Nawa oooo, how person wan know if their course Neva fill up now O sun mi ooo
Finance and Management Msc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nairaandaed: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2022
Asslady7:

I guess you have to request for it.

Ok tanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Asslady7: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2022
I once came across a thread where mothers discuss how to cope with kids alone abroad , I can’t find the thread pls leave a link if you can .

Thank you in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2022
Is this for school fees? It appears you are using the wrong interface

femredhead:
I cannot input my phone number on Form A because the column can't be click,is it like that?

And what can I choose here at below screenshot.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2022
Hi All, please can anyone offer advice (or is there a thread) on things such as how much to hold in cash when arriving to hold body before you're able to open an account and all.

I have accomodation already, so I'm thinking of taking around £1000 in cash for sundry expenses for at least the first few weeks.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sustainpah: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Pacypatty:
August 22nd Abuja Tls pls If you have done paid call, pls quote me o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Asslady7:
I once came across a thread where mothers discuss how to cope with kids alone abroad , I can’t find the thread pls leave a link if you can .

Thank you in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/7021004/parenting-uk-nigerian-migrant/18

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by femredhead: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2022
bigtt76:
Is this for school fees? It appears you are using the wrong interface

Really !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmyrez(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2022
nairaandaed:

Please what is their fee range, its not yet showing for 2023

you can use the fee for 2022 to estimate it. Different fee for all program,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HrmBennyEmmy: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2022
duncanmighty:
South Western state?
I got my passport same day I went for renewal.. but d fee is high… PH I paid 150k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2022
Solatium:

7 weeks is the minimum it will take you to renew and 10 weeks for a fresh application, all you need is just to start on time and not a week to when you need your passport.

Yeah he should have started on time but clearly he didn't and that's why he asked for advice.

I hereby call on Duncanmighty to choose between a response that gives hope or a response that give the feeling of 'guilt' and 'should have'

Peace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2022
See screen below - You need to select Educational Services and the appropriate option - Postgraduate studies or any other. You selected Business which is wrong

femredhead:

Really !

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.