Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000267 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 12:21am On Sep 18, 2022
House pls am planing to resubmit details for CAS I have a total of 26m running as POF for family of 5 to tender for CAS issuance but can I exclude the my kids from CAS shield due to much questions and later include them for visa application processing...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by zeedof(m): 12:28am On Sep 18, 2022
Dear Nairaland in abroad. Please kindly share me the advantages and disadvantages of these two countries (UK and Canada) and which one will you advice me to choose..

I have wife and daughter if this needs for consideration

Thank you in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Destined4gr8nes: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2022
ExpressBoy:
House pls am planing to resubmit details for CAS I have a total of 26m running as POF for family of 5 to tender for CAS issuance but can I exclude the my kids from CAS shield due to much questions and later include them for visa application processing...

Use Oanda to calculate your required POF current rate and give a little buffer for currency fluctuations. As long as the 26million would suffice for the whole family of 5 then there is no need to exclude your kids for CAS issuance. All that is required is for UKVI to know you have the required cost of living to cover the whole family.
Avoid any form of deceit or misrepresentation of information in your CAS shield application.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 3:52am On Sep 18, 2022
Tuition balance of 6,300
Course duration is 15 months(Jan 23 - May 24)
Sch is outside London

How much POF are we looking at here?

N/B: It's 1year course but starting date minus ending date is 15months

Will 9m be sufficient?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jasbt(f): 5:23am On Sep 18, 2022
Thanks for your response.

I actually applied directly on their website. So I sent the admissions team what I needed to do since it’s not through their Nigerian rep.

Fredaogb:
I applied through the local office in Nigeria. I understand applicants can apply through the local office or agents. This was early last month though.
*if the portal is open, you can apply directly.

You are correct.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 5:47am On Sep 18, 2022
eyexi:
Tuition balance of 6,300
Course duration is 15 months(Jan 23 - May 24)
Sch is outside London

How much POF are we looking at here?

N/B: It's 1year course but starting date minus ending date is 15months

Will 9m be sufficient?

Why do you wanna do a course of one year for 15 months. You can start in August and reduce your application fund. Right now you have to pay 2 years insurance. For a one year course. You need to multiply 1023 pounds by 9 months. Then add your tuition. That will be total money required for proof of fund. But that wont work if you are doing the course for 15 months. For one year calculation:
living expenses: 9207
tuition: 6300
Total: 15507 = N7,581,500 (OANDA CONVERSION)
But if you are using 15 months, the money you need wll be more than 10m Naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 6:08am On Sep 18, 2022
Blessingalozie:
Please I really need reply does pairs need transit visa

Paris* ?

Yeah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 6:20am On Sep 18, 2022
Please can a student buy one way flight to UK? Would that poise an issue at point of entry to the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mydeporch(f): 6:28am On Sep 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Please don't conceal your UK degree

Try to make the efforts to convince your Uni that the new Masters is a progression.

You could argue how this is crucial in progressing or redirecting your career, it should be something that will boost your current work experiences/skills/knowledge and/or needed for a critical position you aim to achieve

Thoughts within that line

Cheers
I am glad to see this response. @M

I have also studied in UK previously, MBA. I was advised not to conceal it. Within my time back in Nigeria, I did a PDE course(professional diploma in education) in Nigeria and I have teaching experience too. I applied for MA Education and I had to do a great work of defence in my Statement of Purpose. You have to explain how the new one will add value to the one you have already.There is need for career progression. I applied and have gotten my visa. @dduchess90 has done a good job explaining. @Mothernature11

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:44am On Sep 18, 2022
Mayflowa:
Please can a student buy one way flight to UK? Would that poise an issue at point of entry to the UK?

This is absolutely fine

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Engineerito: 7:09am On Sep 18, 2022
Good morning house I did biometrics August 19th(standard) Ikeja and I did paid call last week Tuesday and decision has been made but it still at DMC and 23 already collecting visa what could be wrong cos I'm tired
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This is absolutely fine

Thank you for your quick response.
We really need to give you and duchess, community mentor shield/award. You deserve every bit of it. How can you be so selfless! it's beyond natural understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:20am On Sep 18, 2022
I got another question. What is the option for a cheap flight to UK now, especially from Abuja. My friend got his visa and I have to cough out hard earned money to help him now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horlamidei(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2022
Am in my Pre-CAS stage and I will be using a sponsor.

While checking my documents for visa application preparation later, I discovered these few things on my birth certificate since I will be submitting it as my mom will be my sponsor;

1. On my birth certificate, it says birth of “ Kammm Olammm Seunnnnn Aaaaa” when my normal name goes as Aaaaa(Surname) Olammm(Middle name) Kammm(Third name).

2. My mother’s name was written as Silifatu instead of Silifat but the surname is correct.

Please is it good to go It was done in the 90s. Just discovered it this morning.

My major concern is instead of her name as “Silifat” it was issued as “Silifatu”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2022
Horlamidei:
Am in my Pre-CAS stage and I will be using a sponsor.

While checking my documents for visa application preparation later, I discovered these few things on my birth certificate since I will be submitting it as my mom will be my sponsor;

1. On my birth certificate, it says birth of “ Kammm Olammm Seunnnnn Aaaaa” when my normal name goes as Aaaaa(Surname) Olammm(Middle name) Kammm(Third name).

2. My mother’s name was written as Silifatu instead of Silifat but the surname is correct.

Please is it good to go It was done in the 90s. Just discovered it this morning.

If you're worried about any inconsistency, just get an affidavit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 7:36am On Sep 18, 2022
Why would you want to do that? Why scared of the many questions? Would you prefer UKVI ask you those questions and reject you or the university do the asking and guide you through successfully? Choice is yours though.

ExpressBoy:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kingben9: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2022
Good morning,
Please anyone at the university of sunderland chester
Road ,first floor campus.please I want to konw when they will start giving CAS for January/February intake please is urgent to konw my programe.2023.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2022
Mayflowa:

Why do you wanna do a course of one year for 15 months. You can start in August and reduce your application fund. Right now you have to pay 2 years insurance. For a one year course. You need to multiply 1023 pounds by 9 months. Then add your tuition. That will be total money required for proof of fund. But that wont work if you are doing the course for 15 months. For one year calculation:
living expenses: 9207
tuition: 6300
Total: 15507 = N7,581,500 (OANDA CONVERSION)
But if you are using 15 months, the money you need wll be more than 10m Naira

Before applying
Part time: 3 years
Full time: 1year(I chose this)

On my Offer letter
Duration 12 months
Start date: Jan 2023
End date: May 2024

The 15months is as a result of my calculation based on start and end date. Not stated on the website or offer letter.

Also on the course page, it was stated that the course contents will be divided into 3 trimesters (whatever that eventually means)

Do you still maintain your opinion?
@justwise @Dduchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abeysticks: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2022
Good morning house, I want to ask if any one that did bio on Aug23 Ikeja, has received his or her visa?. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by zeeboy61: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2022
Your living expenses calculation is based on 9months only .It doesnt matter if you are going for a 2 or 3 years programme .

eyexi:

Before applying
Part time: 3 years
Full time: 1year(I chose this)

On my Offer letter
Duration 12 months
Start date: Jan 2023
End date: May 2024

The 15months is as a result of my calculation based on start and end date. Not stated on the website or offer letter.

Also on the course page, it was stated that the course contents will be divided into 3 trimesters (whatever that eventually means)

Do you still maintain your opinion?
@justwise @Dduchess

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babamillli: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2022
Hello fam , pls I got admission for ulster university but I don’t know how to accept the admission as there is no link on the portal for acceptance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Harkynkunle(m): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2022
tblackE61:

I guess the image answer your question
Bro how long does it take before you got this response from them … It’s my 3rd week of waiting… Looking forward to your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2022
Mayflowa:

Thank you for your quick response.
We really need to give you and duchess, community mentor shield/award. You deserve every bit of it. How can you be so selfless! it's beyond natural understanding.

Chairman you are here.... smiley . I salute oooo and thanks for the kind words . I recognise this name from us thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chydon(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2022
HrmBennyEmmy:
Me too 5working days without any information or nsf from ukvi nd tls
How fa bro. Please let me know when you get any response or movement to VAC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by casmir64: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2022
Them say mk we use BRP Letter hold body this beautiful Sunday.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2022
casmir64:
Them say mk we use BRP Letter hold body this beautiful Sunday.
I Dey tell u. Ours just dropped this morning family of 4 but no collection mail yet hopefully tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihuoma001: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2022
etrouble:

My guy, how did you resolve this? Did you get a direct flight to Scotland or did you get Transit Visa ni? My friend is confused here ooo. Please how did you resolve it?
I got another one oh! I saw Ethiopian air, abi to Addis Ababa to heathrow to Glasgow. I no get energy for transit visa wahala
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2022
Mayflowa:

Yes you can. No issues
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2022
Blessingalozie:
Please I really need reply does pairs need transit visa

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2022
MimiBen:
Hello house,

Do I need transit visa if I use Turkish airline?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2022
nairaandaed:
House please is it possible for dependant visa to be decided while main applicant isnt? Am confused right nowby my visa is not yet out but dependant is out
Please help

You will definitely get the visa if you dependant got. I'm 100% sure of that. So relax
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by damdee: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2022
Thank you

yoged:
Your IHS should be for 18months. You' are also applying for Tier 4 visa . Its assumed your pre master and master runs concurrently even thou you'll be on break between April - September. I stands to be corrected thou.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.