Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1016980 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fuwatayo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good evening house, I have issues login into my TRMS (form A) page. The OTP is no more dropping again. I came across it that some people experienced d same issue on this platform. How can I solve this? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by biosamak: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hi pls how much is ihs for a year course and student visa fee in naira.thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Zammuell: 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a shared room or student halls, preferably close to the Manchester Metropolitan university or anywhere around Manchester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Igbamatigbi: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello,

I have been in U.K. for one year on a 2 years masters program, I want to know if there’s any student that has applied and gotten a IHS refund, not dependants please.

I have worked in social care which is under CQC but am not sure if I qualify as an international student to ask for the refund?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by everyevery: 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
Any potential Middlesex university student for January here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horlamidei(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
I requested my mom’s statement since it’s 28days today. She’s my sponsor. My mom’s bank sent her this. It looks like an asset. Please is it okay?? The bank claims that’s the way they issue it for immigration. It’s Canadian Bank account..

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by everyevery: 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please anyone with available scholarship for January 2023 calendar year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamykay: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
Visa collected without decision letter and it's over 2weeks. I have sent severally mails without any response and my flight schedule is on Friday 7th October.
Please can I do a paid mail requesting for my decision/BRP letter since UKVI is not responding to mails sent to SheffieldStudentTeamAmendments@homeoffice.gov.uk and
visa.abudhabi@fcdo.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
Gunit87:

Thanks, No I don’t have a transit Visa. Only UK Visa.

You won't be allowed to fly.... you need a transit visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yes did my interview today
codedarrow:
Hello

Pls I will like to ask if anyone going to UofHertfordshire with the below offer conditions will still do PreCAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by blaqqqw: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please if I get to the UK, can I use my dollar domicillary card to make ATM transactions.
Can I also use the card to pay fees online?

And anyone going to university of Sunderland, looking for single room accommodation, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babey543: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Igbamatigbi:
Hello,

I have been in UK for one year on a 2 years masters program, I want to know if there’s any student that has applied and gotten a IHS refund, not dependants please.

I have worked in social care which is under CQC but am not sure if I qualify as an international student to ask for the refund?
Thanks

Many students have received IHS refund.

You are eligible for IHS refund as a student if you work with the NHS or Care home certified by the Care Quality Commission.

To apply, you must work over an average of 16 hrs a week and have evidence of payslips of working in the above sector for at least 6 months consecutively. Your IHS should be in accordance to your visa.

Your dependants are also eligible for refund. Include them in your application. You will need to apply every 6 months to get paid.

Apply through here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-health-surcharge-refund/healthcare-setting.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
babey543:

You are eligible for IHS refund as a student if you work with the NHS or Care home certified by the Care Quality Commission.

To apply, you must work over an average of 16 hrs a week and have evidence of payslips of working in the above sector for at least 6 months consecutively. Your IHS should be in accordance to your visa.

Your dependants are also eligible for refund. Include them in your application. You will need to apply every 6 months to get paid.

Apply through here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-health-surcharge-refund/healthcare-setting.

Bookmarked

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamykay: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Just did a paid mail and I was told my case has been escalated to relevant department and I should wait for 15days before contacting the service again.
I don't understand UKVI and their pattern.

Please can I travel without a decision letter.

jamykay:
Visa collected without decision letter and it's over 2weeks. I have sent severally mails without any response and my flight schedule is on Friday 7th October.
Please can I do a paid mail requesting for my decision/BRP letter since UKVI is not responding to mails sent to SheffieldStudentTeamAmendments@homeoffice.gov.uk and
visa.abudhabi@fcdo.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by wifey1: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good evening,pls I want to ask pertaining form A, what currency is it charged? I Want to pay a deposit of 3500pounds,and need to know how much it would amount to in naira using form A . Pls help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eneada: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
wifey1:
Good evening,pls I want to ask pertaining form A, what currency is it charged? I Want to pay a deposit of 3500pounds,and need to know how much it would amount to in naira using form A . Pls help.

Different bank has different rate. I was debited today @ 535 unity bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please when did you start the Form A process and how long before you got debited? Still at ADB reviewer for the past two weeks with UBA. It's fraustrating.

Eneada:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
heryourdayji:

Thanks for that

Just a quick one, if I submit an application to NYSC to get it corrected(will also have to submit the old cert. in the process) but a new cert. is not printed in time for the visa application, can I still upload a copy of the old cert alongside the evidence of steps taken to have it corrected.

Or is it safe to just omit it entirely since I have a job that fill 5 years from the total study gap of about 8years.
Why not attach your posting letter and get a court affidavit for the Nysc certificate stating the mistakes . Hopefully it will fly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by slye(m): 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
Folahanmi19:

It's now opened

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by willyede(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
Eneada:

Same here. Unity bank debited me today. It looks like today was the clearing of FORM A with unity bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by martineverest(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
Which bank of fastest for form A payment?...and how long does it take?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mopricelezz:
Good morning, please I need help.

So, here are my details;

Finished BA-2013
Nysc- 2013-2014
Masters- 2015-2016

Worked with Federal Government Npower as a teacher from 2016. Normally the contract was supposed to be for 2 years but was extended without any written contract to show this. It ended in April 2020 during covid. Making it 3 years and 4 months

Also, worked as an assistant examiner/marked for WAEC in 2017 and 2018, but couldn't continue because I had my baby in 2019.

Afterward, I worked with an online tutoring platform from January 2021-June 2021, with no letter of employment, just normal interview and work began. Then from September 2021 to April 2022, I worked with a school, I have that employment letter.

My questions now are as follows:
1. Do I write a letter explaining that the program was extended but no written contract? Or should I just indicate 2 years in my CV?

2. Also, how do I show the employment details for the WAEC marking and my online tutoring job? Or do I just remove them?

I apologize for the long story, I just need to explain it well.

Would appreciate all the help I can get.
Leave the Npower alone as 3yrs and 4months. I believe you were paid for all those Years and months . The payment will serve as evidence

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please when did you start the Form A process and how long before you got debited? Still at ADB reviewer for the past two weeks with UBA.

willyede:

Same here. Unity bank debited me today. It looks like today was the clearing of FORM A with unity bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Igbamatigbi: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
babey543:

Thank you for replying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by leef2022: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Elolam87:
Thanks for this,but how can I link my Gmail to my bvn?Am not sure my bvn is linked to my mail.

Visit your bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by wifey1: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ok, thank you. Just wanted to be sure it is pounds.
Eneada:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please I asked a question, how long did the process take with Unity?

wifey1:
Ok, thank you. Just wanted to be sure it is pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by willyede(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
Vesman:
Please when did you start the Form A process and how long before you got debited? Still at ADB reviewer for the past two weeks with UBA.

Roughly 4 weeks. Though I had a rejection due to insufficient document. I want to believe if it was not for that it would have been at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eneada: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
Vesman:
Please when did you start the Form A process and how long before you got debited? Still at ADB reviewer for the past two weeks with UBA. It's fraustrating.

Started September 19
Debited October 4
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Thank you so much I appreciate. Please do you know if they process for new account? Thinking of setting up an account with them.

willyede:

Roughly 4 weeks. Though I had a rejection due to insufficient document. I want to believe if it was not for that it would have been at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
I appreciate your effort. Will likely set up an account with them and process.

Eneada:

Started September 19
Debited October 4

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.