Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1011386 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bankylan: 12:06am On Nov 18, 2022
Please wath rate is used while paying for visa and NHS?

Are you charged the bank rate, oanda rate or black market?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Salami71: 12:06am On Nov 18, 2022
Good day guys , please what the difference of booking on wakanow website and going to book for flight at there office ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olayide01(m): 12:08am On Nov 18, 2022
Good evening, Please for anyone that have attended interview with UKVI before, what the likely questions? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 2:07am On Nov 18, 2022
Gloriyah:

Course end date.

Thank u so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Royins: 3:29am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 4:16am On Nov 18, 2022
bankylan:
Please wath rate is used while paying for visa and NHS?

Are you charged the bank rate, oanda rate or black market?

It's black market rate. Please note that they don't accept Naira payments, it is must be done from a dorm account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bony92(m): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2022
Royins:
For those that paid DHL delivery of Passport, will they also receive a mail when my passport is being sent?

Cos I want to travel outside my state of residence and wouldn't want to miss the delivery

I already got BRP mail
you will get a mail from Tls with a tracking code. You can track the shipment till it gets to your destination.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2022
Hello

This doesn't apply to student visa, it would for visiting though. However people prefer to print statements after any lump deposit was made

The question is what visa catergory are you applying for?

Cheers

Omonas035:
Please I would like to know how much is considered as lump sum into an account holding one's POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bony92(m): 5:10am On Nov 18, 2022
olayide01:
Good evening, Please for anyone that have attended interview with UKVI before, what the likely questions? Thanks
No interview just biometrics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 5:13am On Nov 18, 2022
It's the same thing. There's no difference. If you want Flexi, you must upgrade to premium lounge.

You cannot walk in any day to do your biometrics. If you pay for Flexi, you can go at any time of your appointment date. If you don't pay for Flexi and you want to walk in, it must be on the day of your appointment.

If your appointment is on Monday, you can walk in at any time and pay for walk in. If your appointment is on Monday and you already paid for Flexi, you can walk in at any time on that Monday. Your appointment cannot be on Monday and you want to walk in on Tuesday.

I hope you understand.
Jona48:
Please what's the difference between Premium Lounge service and flexi appointments service?
P. S. I'm looking for the service where I can walk in any day and do my biometrics even if I go a later date..
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2022
Hello

Yes UKVI will refund your IHS to the account the payment was made from unless instructed otherwise.

In this case since you have confirmed this has been paid, it now becomes a case between you and your agent

Unfortunately there's nothing UKVI or your Uni can do since they acted on your behalf unless it is a rep for your UnI then perhaps you can go through them and request they intervene(very slim chance)

If they aren't reps from your Uni then you have to find a way to get it out from them.

Another reason we avoid agents and advise DIY

Cheers

Debawen:
Hello everyone,

I relocated to the UK over a year ago and the travel processes was done by a travel company in Nigeria. We were eligible for IHS refund, so i informed the designated agent assigned to us when we did out travel arrangment in Nigeria to inform her that i will be applying for the refund, she told me to provide proof once i have applied because the Uk gov will only refund the IHS to originating account that IHS is paid from which happens to be from the MD and his wife account. The refund has been approved and credited into their various account since september this year and the company is not having a turn around saying they do not process refund and do not involve themselves with IHS refund. All i want is for my IHS refund to be paid to me by the travel company since it has been credited into their account.

Please i need help or advice to go about getting my IHS refund from this people. The company have decided to stop responding to our emails claiming our file has been closed. I have all the evidence including transaction details.

Thank you for you help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:18am On Nov 18, 2022
Hello

Not really, the quality is what matters.

A page and half should be fine

Cheers
Ugmama:

Does sop have number of page limit for MSc application? Like a page and half okay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olayide01(m): 5:18am On Nov 18, 2022
bony92:
No interview just biometrics.
Thanks, I got a an interview with Ukvi next week. How do I go about it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2022
Hello

Simply put, flexi is what you should be after but it only applies for an early date/time from your biometrics day not later.

Later will mean you have missed it and will need to cancel your application and repeat the process or risk having your application refused

Cheers
Jona48:
Please what's the difference between Premium Lounge service and flexi appointments service?
P. S. I'm looking for the service where I can walk in any day and do my biometrics even if I go a later date..
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 6:08am On Nov 18, 2022
onyiokoye:
It's the same thing. There's no difference. If you want Flexi, you must upgrade to premium lounge.

You cannot walk in any day to do your biometrics. If you pay for Flexi, you can go at any time of your appointment date. If you don't pay for Flexi and you want to walk in, it must be on the day of your appointment.
I'm trying to understand, what if my appointment is is on 20th for instance, and I decide to walk in on the 11th of the same month.. How do I go about it?
If your appointment is on Monday, you can walk in at any time and pay for walk in. If your appointment is on Monday and you already paid for Flexi, you can walk in at any time on that Monday. Your appointment cannot be on Monday and you want to walk in on Tuesday.

I hope you understand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 6:09am On Nov 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Simply put, flexi is what you should be after but it only applies for an early date/time from your biometrics day not later.

Later will mean you have missed it and will need to cancel your application and repeat the process or risk having your application refused mi

Cheers
Sorry I meant if I have a later date...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 6:22am On Nov 18, 2022
olayide01:
The interview is usually conducted via video link from the visa application centre where you have provided your biometrics in your home country, to a centre in the UK. The purpose of the interview is to discuss your plans and to ensure that you have carefully considered your decision to come to Your chosen University. You may be asked for your reasons for choosing the UK to study, Your chosen University, your course and your future career plans.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horluphysiryor(m): 6:48am On Nov 18, 2022
I don’t have access to the email attached no more
AdeoyeAdefemi:

Okay, that's fine.

Kindly respond to my pm

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Royins: 8:49am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2022
Royins:
For those that paid DHL delivery of Passport, will they also receive a mail when my passport is being sent?

Cos I want to travel outside my state of residence and wouldn't want to miss the delivery

I already got BRP mail

Yes,you will receive a mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2022
Salami71:
Good day guys , please what the difference of booking on wakanow website and going to book for flight at there office ?

Or you downloaded there app and book also.
It's just a little difference...it can be cheaper than other

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2022
Jona48:
Thanks

Premium lounge means the special lounge you will seat before being attended to .....you just enjoy premium services like first class airline and economy, I beg food is not attached ooo. Just the convenience and nothing more.
While flexi means you can walk in any time of your biometric date.
Also if you are a family and some has early date,you can pay for flexi for the person that has late date and he will join those who has early appointment date as the flexi appointment will cover it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2022
phlakkeys:

Thank you for your kind response.
I pray the land will favour you.
It's indeed our year of Jubilee.

Amen. Thanks.
I wish you all the best too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by beautisop: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2022
Please, am intending to go do my masters, can someone help me with the list of schools that are cheap and without the request of ILETS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shuqroh: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2022
For premium: you will vip treatment for your biometrics but at the appointed time.
Flexi: its more like walk in
You can go in for your bio at any time during working hrs

Jona48:
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2022
Opsops:

Premium lounge means the special lounge you will seat before being attended to .....you just enjoy premium services like first class airline and economy, I beg food is not attached ooo. Just the convenience and nothing more.
While flexi means you can walk in any time of your biometric date.
Also if you are a family and some has early date,you can pay for flexi for the person that has late date and he will join those who has early appointment date as the flexi appointment will cover it.

Okay.... It's clear now. That means I can't go earlier than my biometrics date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by beautisop: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2022
beautisop:
Please, am intending to go do my masters, can someone help me with the list of schools that are cheap and without the request of ILETS

Pls, this plan is for September 2023...Thank you in advance my people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Not really, the quality is what matters.

A page and half should be fine

Cheers

D for Duchess

Thank you dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gaetano: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2022
Sulegee:
Can someone list schools that might be available for either January or February entry pls? Really urgent. I just got rejected after paying deposit and doing preCas interview for university of East London
omo! So people get rejected during precas. Eweeeeee!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pls for the study gaps, which one is required as proof - Employment letters/ reference letters or both?
Thanks
dduchess90:
Hello

1. It could be and that's why it has been requested for

2. You won't hear from them today, you have to give them time to assess and verify the documents, with NSF you are looking at 15workinf days at most

3. It depends, it may no longer be within the priority time line unfortunately

4.Please sleep when you can so you don't break down

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
victorVIC1:

Please How's the school as I just got an offer from them? Also any idea if there is a social media group that one could make enquiries from students with first hand experience?

The institution is good and well organized. For now there is no social media group...

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.