Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996157 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ogbomojugun: 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
Saintmaker01:

Congrats dear,
Please, did you pay 60% of your tution fee before ARU give you CAS?

I decided to pay 100% tuition
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SamAfrik(m): 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pls does every rejection come with NSF email. What are the signs of getting a rejection?
jayl1:

They must have gotten NSF first, even if empty.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ocool: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Sixfeetbelle:

Actually, his response isn't wrong though. Most "cheap" UK schools no longer accept 500 to 2k as deposit. Anything from 3k to 7k is what they demand.

Schools that ask for low tuition deposit are incredibly expensive.

Thanks for your response.

But the guy was wrong to think I meant total tuition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayo02: 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
jayl1:
Good day everyone.
Is there anyone who did biometric at Ikeja Tls on 15th ( Standard ) in the house ? I know most people who did priority on said date have gotten Brp mail.
My biometrics was on the 15th, anything?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
CaptPlanet:
Guys! Have anyone used standard chartered Bank for their form A? I just spoke with their customer care and they told me it takes 3-5 working day to process. Please how true is this?

Please how long did it eventually take Standard Chartered Bank to process your Form A?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheezybobby(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
shuqroh:
Visa Alert!!!!!!!
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen
CAS : Nov 1st
Visa Application: 5th Nov
Biometrics: 11th Nov (Standard)
TLC : Ikeja
BRP Mail: 16th Nov
Collection Mail: 17th Nov
Pick up: 18th Nov
Vignette sitting pretty grin

Long story but try and read grin grin

This journey started early this year
Applied to University of Bedfordshire for Sept intake. Conditional offer was given, Paid 75% of Tuition. At the time of Credibility Interview, was denied CAS...Why? beacause I had a recent refusal this year.

Ok All hope wasnt lost...I requested for refund.
A week
2,3,4 weeks went by ... still couldn't get the refund after sending lots of mail... funniest part was, they didnt respond to any of the mail. embarassed
Applied to LJMU and Greenwich University for Jan intake since i couldnt meet up with sept anymore.

Received Conditional from LJMU and Unconditional offer from Greenwich grin . Went with LJMU though.
I needed to make deposit of £4k, Bedfordshire still hasnt refunded the money..... My hubby Went online and saw a petition againt Bedfordshire where they didnt refund an Applicants money over 4-6months I think, Untill the petition.
I was like haa Morire grin grin

I sent another mail to the school, searched for the school's admissions team email, the departments, every email i could find from their site and cc: all.
Telling them I will also raise a petition or do worse if my money wasnt refunded asap.

Within 24hrs, they responded that that they are processing it and will take 2-6weeks to receive it.

Oh my God cry
Within a week I received the refund grin...All thanks to God
Bedfordshire chapter closed.

Paid initial deposit , got unconditional offer from LJMU.
Then CAS...Applied for Visa, on biometrics day I missed my appointment, had to reschedule and booked Flexi for the next day.

I was actually scared the school or the ECO might reject my application again because I had 5 refusals...But, a guy testimony here on nairaland gave me of hope and courage .
Finally.....It ended in praise

Declared all refusals
Canada study visa 2x
Usa visit
Australia
Sweden

Documents submitted:
Waec
Degree Certificate
Nysc
Recommendation letters
Unconditional offer
Cas
Previous travel history on expired passport within 10yrs
Certificate related to my course
Pof
Scholarship letter
Employment letter
Work I.d card
Transcript
Hotel reservation
Tb report
IHS and Visa receipt

Infact I uploaded enough document.... grin

Thank you Nairalanders...You guys are awesome n God bless you for helping a lot of people here.

Thank you for sticking by and reading till the end.
I got mine...You shall get yours too by Gods grace

See you in Youkay smiley smiley

Congratulations Ma

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Fikayo02:

My biometrics was on the 15th, anything?

Standard? Sincerely, nothing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayo02: 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
jayl1:

Standard? Sincerely, nothing
Yes standard I made a paid call and I was told my application is decided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omonas035(f): 12:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Gloriyah:

No, it’s not. It’s your account, use as normal.

Oh thank you @Gloriyah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IzzyAde: 12:39am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello all,

Please who knows any school that is open for May admission?
I applied to Ulster already although I am yet to get a confirmation mail, I also noticed there is no application open/close date for international students yet but I am being hopeful

I do not mind if someone can help me with names of schools that are open for that period
I have checked online but not seeing much
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teejackz11009: 1:02am On Nov 19, 2022
You will have to pay half of your tution deposit before receiving CAS and you will have to pay the balance before Enrollment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teejackz11009: 1:04am On Nov 19, 2022
agbajor27:

I got admission in that university, I don't know about the job prospects there kindly email me agbajor27@gmail.com
You will have to pay half of your tution deposit before receiving CAS and you will have to pay the balance before Enrollment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Toksjb(m): 1:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Duchess and other Gurus in the house please help me answer this;

TB cert. expires 19th January. Will this be a problem at the visa stage for someone applying for January intake 2023?
Note: effort have been made to get a new one from IOM, but they said it can only be done from 2weeks to expiration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Salami71: 1:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Abeg who get idea the amount Qatar airline charge for extra luggage ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 4:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Fikayo02:

Yes standard I made a paid call and I was told my application is decided

Please when did you make the call, can it be made on weekends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by omonla10(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2022
congrats. but did u upload ur cv..i heard cv is not needed, really confused here
shuqroh:
Visa Alert!!!!!!!
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen
CAS : Nov 1st
Visa Application: 5th Nov
Biometrics: 11th Nov (Standard)
TLC : Ikeja
BRP Mail: 16th Nov
Collection Mail: 17th Nov
Pick up: 18th Nov
Vignette sitting pretty grin

Long story but try and read grin grin

This journey started early this year
Applied to University of Bedfordshire for Sept intake. Conditional offer was given, Paid 75% of Tuition. At the time of Credibility Interview, was denied CAS...Why? beacause I had a recent refusal this year.

Ok All hope wasnt lost...I requested for refund.
A week
2,3,4 weeks went by ... still couldn't get the refund after sending lots of mail... funniest part was, they didnt respond to any of the mail. embarassed
Applied to LJMU and Greenwich University for Jan intake since i couldnt meet up with sept anymore.

Received Conditional from LJMU and Unconditional offer from Greenwich grin . Went with LJMU though.
I needed to make deposit of £4k, Bedfordshire still hasnt refunded the money..... My hubby Went online and saw a petition againt Bedfordshire where they didnt refund an Applicants money over 4-6months I think, Untill the petition.
I was like haa Morire grin grin

I sent another mail to the school, searched for the school's admissions team email, the departments, every email i could find from their site and cc: all.
Telling them I will also raise a petition or do worse if my money wasnt refunded asap.

Within 24hrs, they responded that that they are processing it and will take 2-6weeks to receive it.

Oh my God cry
Within a week I received the refund grin...All thanks to God
Bedfordshire chapter closed.

Paid initial deposit , got unconditional offer from LJMU.
Then CAS...Applied for Visa, on biometrics day I missed my appointment, had to reschedule and booked Flexi for the next day.

I was actually scared the school or the ECO might reject my application again because I had 5 refusals...But, a guy testimony here on nairaland gave me of hope and courage .
Finally.....It ended in praise

Declared all refusals
Canada study visa 2x
Usa visit
Australia
Sweden

Documents submitted:
Waec
Degree Certificate
Nysc
Recommendation letters
Unconditional offer
Cas
Previous travel history on expired passport within 10yrs
Certificate related to my course
Pof
Scholarship letter
Employment letter
Work I.d card
Transcript
Hotel reservation
Tb report
IHS and Visa receipt

Infact I uploaded enough document.... grin

Thank you Nairalanders...You guys are awesome n God bless you for helping a lot of people here.

Thank you for sticking by and reading till the end.
I got mine...You shall get yours too by Gods grace

See you in Youkay smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sammydoe: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Please anyone looking for a single room in SE London close to zone one holla at me. For a single person oh abeg no kids or couple grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 7:26am On Nov 19, 2022
6 months is minimum validity required on passport before application
Phil46:
Hello Guys,

Please, I need your inputs on this.
A friend of mine has 5 months left on his passport. He will be applying for his Visa next week. The questions are

1. Can he be granted a Visa with just 5 month validity?

2. Even if he has his Visa, will he be able to enter UK with it in December or January?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olayide01(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2022
SamAfrik:
Were you contacted by phone or email?
Wish you the best in the interview
Email address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2022
Toksjb:

TB cert. expires 19th January. Will this be a problem at the visa stage for someone applying for January intake 2023?
Note: effort have been made to get a new one from IOM, but they said it can only be done from 2weeks to expiration.

The TB certificate should be valid at the time of application, that’s all. Just apply before it expires.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2022
omonla10:
congrats. but did u upload ur cv..i heard cv is not needed, really confused here

Cv is not necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunexy(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2022
In a situation where one started running pof with enough money and extra and uses the pof the apply for CAS(assuming rate on oanda was around 520/£) and he gets his CAS. If he will use same pof for visa and rate goes higher(maybe towards 535), will visa team reject the statement??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LordIsaac(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2022
Phil46:
My Form A with Gtb was debited yesterday, but I didn't receive Telex.

Please, for those who've used Form A before, when and how did you get your Telex?
Have you gotten telex now? How and when did you get it from the day you were debited? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Yes,and that's enough reason for refusal that's why you need to give room for fluctuation and keep an eye on the exchange rates on Oanda

The POF conversion rate used is when you apply for your visa not CAS

Cheers

Sunexy:
In a situation where one started running pof with enough money and extra and uses the pof the apply for CAS(assuming rate on oanda was around 520/£) and he gets his CAS. If he will use same pof for visa and rate goes higher(maybe towards 535), will visa team reject the statement??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

When is your biometrics please?

It should be valid as at your application please. For January application and a TB expiring on 19th Jan that's too close

Cheers

Toksjb:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Yes he can

Cheers
Phil46:
Hello Guys,

Please, I need your inputs on this.
A friend of mine has 5 months left on his passport. He will be applying for his Visa next week. The questions are

1. Can he be granted a Visa with just 5 month validity?

2. Even if he has his Visa, will he be able to enter UK with it in December or January?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Not true, you can apply with less than 6months validity

Cheers
jorez:
6 months is minimum validity required on passport before application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

The paid calls can only be made Mon to Fri

Cheers
jayl1:

Please when did you make the call, can it be made on weekends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tommiefalz: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2022
Good morning house.
Please I need quick help
For a family of 5
Is it advisable for the main applicant to submit and the dependants a week later
Or we all submit together at once
Which one will be safer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

It depends,

Not all NSF comes with refusal,most on this thread have gotten their visa approved after receiving NSF and perhaps providing the additional documents the ECO requests

The only sign for a refusal is the actual refusal itself via an email

Cheers
SamAfrik:
Pls does every rejection come with NSF email. What are the signs of getting a rejection?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Solely your decision

You can all submit at once

Cheers
tommiefalz:
Good morning house.
Please I need quick help
For a family of 5
Is it advisable for the main applicant to submit and the dependants a week later
Or we all submit together at once
Which one will be safer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horluphysiryor(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Good morning house
Please who knows any school that is open for May admission?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.