Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996720 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adejokefad: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks@ gloriyah, God bless you real good. One more thing pls, during my Visa application, I was to pay 1,198 for my IHS fee which I did paid, but on getting to that of my hubby's, it brought 2,396 which is twice the amount I paid. My hubby is the dependant while I the main applicant, is there something I'm not doing right pls
Gloriyah:

The transaction reference carries your IHS reference number but you’re supposed to get a separate mail with your name, date of payment and IHS reference number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adejokefad: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Urgent response edakun
During my Visa application (main applicant), I was to pay IHS fee of 1,198usd, which I did paid but on getting to that of my hubby ( dependent), he's to pay 2,396 USD which is twice of mine. What could be wrong pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by arocheezy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
Adejokefad:
Urgent response edakun
During my Visa application (main applicant), I was to pay IHS fee of 1,198usd, which I did paid but on getting to that of my hubby ( dependent), he's to pay 2,396 USD which is twice of mine. What could be wrong pls?
Strange. Something is wrong somewhere. Did the application yourself?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tommiefalz: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks a lot
I appreciate
Hapempem:

Thanks to dduchess90 and other moderators here and based on the experience of my better half who is the MA, I can shed a bit of light on the likely questions. Please see below;

*why do you want to study in the UK
*what course are you going for?
*why do you want to study this course
*How much do you earn currently
*How much is your course fee
*Can you tell me your course modules
* Which one do find intersection the most and why?
* Did you consider getting admission in other universities? If yes name them and why didn't you go for them?
*How are you funding your studies
* Do you want to work while you study,
* Mention neighbouring towns to your school
*where will you live on getting to the UK
* Are you coming to the UK with your dependents
*Are you using an agent
* if there is study gap you need to be able to defend it in relation to your career.

These are some of the questions you should prepare to answer. If you are able to answer these questions satisfactorily there should not be any problem thereafter. It is called Credibility interview just to be sure that you are actually going to the UK for studies. MA got VISA eventually 4 days after the interview.

Best of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adejokefad: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
Yes, i'm doing it myself. Or I'm I using a wrong link? Pls do send me a dependant link visa application
arocheezy:

Strange. Something is wrong somewhere. Did the application yourself?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
PLS DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG PRIORITY TAKES NOWADAYS, IVE BEEN ASKING SINCE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
rhemmie91:

I got a black bag, what’s the priority bag? Are the bags color coded? Thank you!

Yeah, black should be standard. I think priority applications are placed in green or red bags, can't recall exactly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bussyteey: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good everyone.. I paid for my visa application on Monday when oanda rate was 542 and I ran my POF at the rate of 552….As at today, oanda rate has increased to 552.3 and I have not even done biometrics…Please has anyone experienced this ? What do I do because I am confused at this stage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bussyteey:
Good everyone.. I paid for my visa application on Monday when oanda rate was 542 and I ran my POF at the rate of 552….As at today, oanda rate has increased to 552.3 and I have not even done biometrics…Please has anyone experienced this ? What do I do because I am confused at this stage.

You are good...the rate that will be used is 542
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Adejokefad:
Urgent response edakun

Simply check the start and end date of the course you entered while filling his application. You may have extended the end date in his case which triggered the double IHS fee.

cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CHIMABLADE: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
PLS VERY URGENT
I got collection mail without getting a brp mail, wat does it mean..?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Calmlolly: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Gloriyah:

Yes but you will pay 12k plus just to upload it or you simply wait for the ECO to request for it.
Thank you..Can this payment be done on the tls website now or on the day of my bio?
2..I paid for priority but I didn’t get any confirmation mail,I just noticed that priority was no longer on the list for me after my payment was done.is it normal please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seaen(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Visa Alert!
MA and 2 dependants
Ikeja TLS Standard
CAS received. 17 Nov
Visa Application 21 Nov
Biometrics 25 Nov
MA BRP Mail 12 Dec
MA Collection Mail 14 Dec
Dependants Collection Mail 15 Dec No BRP Mail yet.

No NSF
Canada student refusal declared:2016
Study gap: 11 years.

Will pickup tommorow

Appreciations to the community for helping out with all the info needed.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Adejokefad:
Thanks@ gloriyah, God bless you real good. One more thing pls, during my Visa application, I was to pay 1,198 for my IHS fee which I did paid, but on getting to that of my hubby's, it brought 2,396 which is twice the amount I paid. My hubby is the dependant while I the main applicant, is there something I'm not doing right pls

I’m guessing you inputted a wrong course end date. You will have to start his application all over again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Calmlolly:
Thank you..Can this payment be done on the tls website now or on the day of my bio?
2..I paid for priority but I didn’t get any confirmation mail,I just noticed that priority was no longer on the list for me after my payment was done.is it normal please?

1. On the day of bio.
2. Yeah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Just4life: 2:37am On Dec 16, 2022
Due to some challenges i planned to apply for my visa 2weeks time, But it is stated on my CAS, i should try to apply for my Visa within 5 days of my CAS. Pls, Hope there won't be issues if i apply in 2wks time?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 3:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eboniee024rill(f): 5:05am On Dec 16, 2022
Egbami o
I have paid for Flexi but on returning to the portal it is still showing that "Appointment Time and Date Not yet set" Pls what have I done wrong?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 5:30am On Dec 16, 2022
0zi0:

5 working days if the application is straight forward I mean there's no further request for additional documents otherwise it can take additional some days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CHIMABLADE: 5:40am On Dec 16, 2022
CHIMABLADE:
PLS VERY URGENT
I got collection mail without getting a brp mail, wat does it mean..?

Make una help ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Resilient97: 5:41am On Dec 16, 2022
Yea, wanted to know the range. Thank you for your response
Justpat:

I paid IHS for a 12months course yesterday it was $898.56, while visa fee was $463. I guess it's a function of the exchange rate for the day.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hapempem: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2022
tommiefalz:
Thanks a lot
I appreciate

My pleasure.

Wishing you all the best in your interview today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tyllapia: 6:19am On Dec 16, 2022
Is there anyone going to university of bolton, January intake, any update on CAS pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2022
CHIMABLADE:

Make una help ooo
Be assure your visa is granted already.
You can always request for brp after collecting your passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 6:40am On Dec 16, 2022
Pls house, I have used self upload but I just discovered I omitted a document, is it possible for me to use assisted service to upload it ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eboniee024rill(f): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2022
eboniee024rill:
Egbami o
I have paid for Flexi but on returning to the portal it is still showing that "Appointment Time and Date Not yet set" Pls what have I done wrong?
Pls help me out, date is not showing on my Appointment Time and Date after I have paid Flexi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CHIMABLADE: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2022
Opsops:
Be assure your visa is granted already.
You can always request for brp after collecting your passport.
Amen oooo
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dirxpensive: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2022
Adejokefad:
Urgent response edakun

Check the date you input for your visa expiry date..That date is used ti determine your fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2022
Pls house, I have used self upload but I just discovered I omitted a document, is it possible for me to use assisted service to upload it ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 7:46am On Dec 16, 2022
12 dec
abuja tls
priority
has anyone received brp or collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seaen(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2022
Going there. You need to disturb the African branch office today very well as today is the last day CAS would be issued based on the Application Deadlines.

tyllapia:
Is there anyone going to university of bolton, January intake, any update on CAS pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 7:54am On Dec 16, 2022
danzolla32:
Pls house, I have used self upload but I just discovered I omitted a document, is it possible for me to use assisted service to upload it ?

You can do assisted service during your biometrics, just get your card ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.