Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1010625 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
In filling form A, does the bank brach one chooses be the one where opened tge account or the one closest to where one resides?
For instance, I opened a GT bank in Ibadan when I was in school and I know reside in Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RoyalRufai: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
LizzieBrace:
Who has used GTBank for form A please?
Initiating Form A using GTBank is ok. You should get debited within 4-6weeks.
Make sure you send all documents you uploaded on tradesystem.gov.ng to your account officer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
RoyalRufai:

Initiating Form A using GTBank is ok. You should get debited within 4-6weeks.
Make sure you send all documents you uploaded on tradesystem.gov.ng to your account officer.
LoL applied may. Na 2 days ago them debit me 5k Form fee.

I told them to refund my money with immediate effect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RoyalRufai: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
heykims:
In filling form A, does the bank brach one chooses be the one where opened tge account or the one closest to where one resides?
For instance, I opened a GT bank in Ibadan when I was in school and I know reside in Lagos.
It doesn’t matter where you live atm., HQ processes Form A applications. Make sure you contact your account officer when you’re done initiating on tradesystem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RoyalRufai: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
CEZEJUST:

LoL applied may. Na 2 days ago them debit me 5k Form fee.

I told them to refund my money with immediate effect.
Did you contact your account officer after initiating on tradesystem?
Was your funds locked?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Etohng: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Please someone should help me out.

I paid IHS fee for my partner and it showed payment declined but I received a confirmation email stating that the transaction was successful.

I need urgent reply cos I don't know what to do.
Gurus in the house come to my aid pls

@gloriya @dduchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ladebass: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello guys pls now i am really confused, pls what is the right format ukvi uses to check the pof?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shugarken(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
Viktor454:
Congratulations.
You got your brp on a Sunday?

Yes I did. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
RoyalRufai:

Did you contact your account officer after initiating on tradesystem?
Was your funds locked?

I even called their useless customer service who then asked me to call my account officer.

Called the foolish account officer and he asked me to send my form number which texted him.

In summery it was a total waste of my most valued precious time.

You mean lock my money for 5 months?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RoyalRufai: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
CEZEJUST:

I even called their useless customer service who then asked me to call my account officer.

Called the foolish account officer and he asked me to send my form number which texted him.

I guess you weren’t aware of how the Form A stuff works with GTBank.
After initiation you MUST mail all documents you uploaded on tradesystem to your branch or account officer.
If all mailed documents are certified ok GTB locks your funds equivalent to the requested amount on Form A, and place you on a queue to be debited within 4-6 weeks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RoyalRufai: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
CEZEJUST:

After initiation you MUST mail all documents you uploaded on tradesystem to your branch or account officer.
If all mailed documents are certified ok GTB then lock your funds equivalent to the requested amount on Form A, and place you on a queue to be debited within 4-6 weeks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mareeam2411:
Hello, i just got an offer from Birkbeck university for September 2023. Your guidance will be very much appreciated. Is there a telegram or WhatsApp group please?

They don't have a whatsapp or telegram group. However their process is very straightforward. Meet your admission condition and you get the Unconditional offer . Then pay your deposit and they will give you a draft CAS to respond to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kymkym: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
Good afternoon my people

Please how long does it take for one to get feedback or response from a paid?

The mail was sent few minutes ago.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gidy4u: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
Pls guys, who has used wakanow platform to pay for their flight. does it have problem using as In cancellation of reservation. I read some one complaining about his flight reservation been cancelled
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
RoyalRufai:

If all mailed documents are certified ok GTB then lock your funds equivalent to the requested amount on Form A, and place you on a queue to be debited within 4-6 weeks.

Bro with all due respect, what you listed is not a process for Form A in any bank. Because I didn't do any of those things you listed and I was debit for the form on 16th of this month by the same GTB which means I am now in the process if not that I asked them to refund my money that I am no longer interested.

The frustration of form A made me to get in to the bank to know how the whole process works.

I applied in GTB my main Bank, FirstBank, Fidelity, Ecobank, Keystone Bank and Unity Bank.

How Form A works is this.
When you apply for a 'Form A" you chose the Bank you want to process it for you and then a Branch of the Bank.

The Branch you chose to process your Form A has access to the documents you uploaded, after you submit your Form they review it and if it's okay, they will request you to bring in the hardcopy to verify that they're genuine and not fake documents you uploaded (that is the reason for chosing a branch is to collect the hardcopy of the documents you uploaded and verify if they're genuine and not fake. But because Nigeria banks are lazy to do their job, only FirstBank asked for the hardcopy)

After reviewing and everything is okay, they will debit you 5k for form and forward it to their headquarters for disbursement.

Note the review time at your branch depends on the number of applicants in the branch you chose. So it is advisable to chose a branch you know will have lesser applicant.

Now at the headquarters they process it by branch, that is, each branch has a quarter.

For example if you apply in GTB branch A in May and Branch A has 50 applicant and and you're number 20 in the Branch A queue. Another person applied in GTB Branch B in July and Branch B has only 3 People, the person that applied in branch B will get first before person in Branch A.

Now the reason why GTB ask their customers to contact their account officer is because of the mad queue. If your Account officer is as lazy as mine, he will not even push for your form to be reviewed at the branch where you chose let alone forwarding it to the headquarters.

Sorry don't mind my typos

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by taif(f): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
For those who are traveling to UK, try to observe this strike timetable so that you won't be stranded

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
taif:
For those who are traveling to UK, try to observe this strike timetable so that you won't be stranded

Thanks but please can you explain it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CHIMABLADE: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
@ duchess90,gloriyah all the gurus pls how do I address a cover letter..?
To eco or Sheffield..pls I need ur help guys..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kymkym: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
taif:

Thanks

My flight to through Ethiopian airline to heartrow is slated for 23 December.

How is it going to affect our flight now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by taif(f): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
kymkym:

Thanks

Only those who are already there can explain this oo, because with this your date the highway worker will be on strike.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

What is the content of your cover letter?

Cheers
CHIMABLADE:
@ duchess90,gloriyah all the gurus pls how do I address a cover letter..?
To eco or Sheffield..pls I need ur help guys..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

From a few hours to 3days

Cheers
kymkym:
Good afternoon my people

Please how long does it take for one to get feedback or response from a paid?

The mail was sent few minutes ago.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

Did you get debited??

Proceed with your application please.

If it wasn't debited then you will get an email to pay it in the course of your application

Cheers
Etohng:
Please someone should help me out.

I paid IHS fee for my partner and it showed payment declined but I received a confirmation email stating that the transaction was successful.

I need urgent reply cos I don't know what to do.
Gurus in the house come to my aid pls

@gloriya @dduchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

Congratulations

Cheers
Mattmich:
VISA ALERT

Biometric: 23rd November (standard service)
IKEJA, Lagos TLS
No NSF
No Interview
Collection mail: 9th December
BRP mail: 10th November

Documents submitted:
BEng Certificate
Transcript
Tuberculosis certificate
POF of exactly 28days
WAEC Certificate
Passport
Employment Reference (study gap of 3yrs)
NYSC certificate

I can't forget to say thank you to this great family. @dduchess90, @Gloriya, @Promoter and everyone here. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kymkym: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

From a few hours to 3days

Cheers

Thanks for the response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

Don't panic

It won't affect your flight, there may be delays at the airport going through border patrol, and a couple of demonstration on the road if any.

But don't worry too much

Cheers
kymkym:

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

Nothing to panic about

Cheers
taif:

Only those who are already there can explain this oo, because with this your date the highway worker will be on strike.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello

Your POF is for your study in the UK

Cheers
Sirmuel4real:
Hello guys!

I sent a paid mail to ukvi and they replied that decision has been made on my dependent application but that they can’t disclose the outcome of the decision via email or telephone. I don’t know if I should stop the POF since I already got my own visa and my dependent got her brp mail since 25th November!!

What’s your suggestion guys?

I will really appreciate a swift response!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kymkym: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Don't panic

It won't affect your flight, there may be delays at the airport going through border patrol, and a couple of demonstration on the road if any.

But don't worry too much

Cheers

OK, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Zimzee: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hello, my sister's husband is applying to join his wife who is already in the UK on a student visa, meanwhile their son is also a student in the UK but in a different city.

When asked if he has another relative apart from his wife, he added their son. Now the application is requesting him to choose where he is going to stay, he chose his wife's address and now it's asking for date of arrival and date of leaving.

Note, he chose temporary visa when asked their type of visa. Please what type of visa is student visa?

Please is it safe to put date of leaving as he doesn't intend leaving soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2abet(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
pancaro:
9am actually. Omo the crowd today no be here. Which way naija??
grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.