Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,382 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000416 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BStrands(f): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2022
I was given

babra19:

Hi,

Where you given a free SIM card in Abuja TLS?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by prinx25(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2022
You got 16th for standard?
grafikii:

Wow, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gracespeaks: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks a lot
duchess90:
Hello

It has nothing to do with your CAS, so nothing is expected of you. That being said there is no harm in advising your Uni on the change of status

During your visa application please ensure you use the right one i.e Married if you are

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by micol10(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2022
Please is it possible to change to priority visa at TLS after booking for normal self service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by prinx25(m): 11:33am On Aug 16, 2022
You got 16th for standard??
careerwoman:

Just keep refreshing around 7pm, 10pm, and 12am like someone said earlier.
You have to be committed to it, refreshing every minute during those hours. Use a laptop and good internet connection. Above all, pray for favour too..
Just got Aug 16th this night. TLS Ikeja. (Thank God)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spiceeamiee(f): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2022
When is your appointment? Really wish someone at TLS will help us clarify this info or someone that was able to use the priority service for both them and their dependents. The uncertainty is killing.

psychopunk:

Dependent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2022
omoobaijebuife:
Can anyone help confirm minimum deposit for masters at university of Hertfordshire before i CAS will be issued?

5000 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

It's just on the 28th day

And extra day won't hurt

Cheers

Thanks ma'am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by steadyMoving22: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
I need clarification on how WALK IN works as date available for biometrics are pretty far??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Iqmotb: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Pls aw much is a dollar to naira ( black market rate)
Can anyone help in paying of IHS and visa fee ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ppeessuu: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Samcathe:

Which TLS? Why don't you go there to know what's happening?
Ikeja TLS

I have been there and no show
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adebowale10: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
Desperado78:

I have sent a mail, adebowale.....@gmail....
No walk-in at VI .

You can send a dm so I can give you the link for VI TLs telegram group to get updates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Samcathe:

Yes. 9 months

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by madamGift(f): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
Honestly, UWL wasn’t my first choice, if you read my visa alert post you’d maybe understand why I settled for it but now I’m just in regrets. I informed the Student union and they said the only way I can receive a refund is if I come back to Nigeria and I will only get 50% of my tuition, alternatively if I have plenty money I can pay tuition for another school and reapply for another visa whilst I am here but I won’t get a refund for that, instead I will be owing UWL!!!. I can’t do either so I am accepting my fate and will just finish. I just pray the certificate will be useful as the school No just get any level for here at all. Maybe it will have level in Nigeria but I don’t have plans of coming back to settle there.
Laspotech is way bigger than this school in terms of landscape, actually no comparison at all. The ealing campus is just like house on the rock in lekki while the brenthfort campus is one big company like building with multiple floors. It’s just as if I am in a polytechnic with the amount of money I paid. It’s so painful. I visited a friend in Roehampton Uni, my Gosh, you should see that school!! That is an actual university!! So big with the accommodations in it and all. That’s where I was trying to transfer to. And the standard is so great, very well respected and they have given me admission but I can’t do anything with it now.

duchess90:
Hello

Sad that you are going through this and bold that you have come here to advise others

This is the reason we expect people to do thorough research on the Uni's they apply to and not just come seeking for Uni's with low tuition deposit or one that won't ask for POFs or IELTS or someone's recent request was one that will give admission sharp sharp

Back to your question, changing Uni at this point will be very difficult, you have to provide enough reasons with evidence to show why you want to such as Racism etc. The reasons you gave here to an extent are not justified because they expect that you have made enough research to come to the Uni,others can be resolved for instance
in terms of changes in timetable and unruly lecturers or staff this is something you can report to any student union officer to take up, that's one of their major roles

At the moment you can try to see if you can change departments (if at all) to one that could be better

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by madamGift(f): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
Per the timetable, I’ve written a lot of emails and went to complain in person but they said it’s the requirement of my visa for me to have that much contact hours with the university in person. I am in shock because I have friends studying in other schools and they only have lectures two times a week.
It’s was being here that I went to read the reviews on google and it’s just bad as well.
I hope some people learn from my mistake. 14,900 is just a lot of money not to get value for.

duchess90:
Hello

Sad that you are going through this and bold that you have come here to advise others

This is the reason we expect people to do thorough research on the Uni's they apply to and not just come seeking for Uni's with low tuition deposit or one that won't ask for POFs or IELTS or someone's recent request was one that will give admission sharp sharp

Back to your question, changing Uni at this point will be very difficult, you have to provide enough reasons with evidence to show why you want to such as Racism etc. The reasons you gave here to an extent are not justified because they expect that you have made enough research to come to the Uni,others can be resolved for instance
in terms of changes in timetable and unruly lecturers or staff this is something you can report to any student union officer to take up, that's one of their major roles

At the moment you can try to see if you can change departments (if at all) to one that could be better

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2022
offwego:
So i really don't think this is a deal breaker.

Institutions always state on the CAS the documents used in assessing the application and which of the evidence of the qualifications used to obtain the offer is required to be provided during the Visa application and also notify the UKVI of this. This is the reason why institutions highlight that they are a Higher Education Provider (HEP) with a track record of compliance.

The reason student visa applicants should have their transcript/certificate handy and add it with the visa application outside a notification on the CAS is because there is a provision for it on the visa application document checklist.

If there are issues of compliance with immigration rules from the institution, the ECO may want to see every document used to obtain the offer and the applicant would be notified to provide this.

Thanks a lot. So, in the case of the bolded, this will be done through NSF mail asking her to provide this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hello house, in doing POF as requested by the Uni, can I do POF for myself only and when I have the CAS, can I do for the whole family. Your urgent response needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
lightofjoy:
Hello house, in doing POF as requested by the Uni, can I do POF for myself only and when I have the CAS, can I do for the whole family. Your urgent response needed.

@ Duchess. Can you please give your take on this enquiry.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Poanan: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
madamGift:
Good morning my people.
Having been in the Uk for over two months now studying at University of west London, I will like to advise admission seekers to opt for better options, only come to UWL if it’s your last resort or you don’t have any other option because the fees are too much for such a waste. Firstly, this school should not be a University but a polytechnic or college. The non academic staffs are super rude and the finance team are on another level. Once you get here, even after paying 10k tuition deposit, they will harass you for the balance of your tuition. The environment where the school is, housing cost is over the roof. Any money you are working will go to accommodations unless you have a family member to stay with. Timetable is adjusted at will and very annoying. Imagine having a class at 9am- 10am and another one at 5.30pm to 7.30pm! They will ensure you come to school up to four times a week. If you miss lectures too many times, they will send you emails threatening to send you back to your country oo. Lecturers will take forever to reply your email, I don’t know who gave them the award for student experience but that thing is audio. Forget about scholarships and tuition discounts.
If you are already coming to UWL, I will advise you to bring enough money along o. Again, UWL should be any admission seeker’s last resort because the school No be am at all. Total waste of all that money I must say. I have been researching ways to transfer and if I can get a refund of my tuition or the tuition is sent to another school. Please if you have any information on changing schools kindly help me please.

If it is that 4times in a week thing. U are not the only one. But again it depends on ur course. Some courses are more intensive in nature, especially numerate/quantitative courses. We also have a class that is supposed to end by 6pm but it ends by 7pm. No fault of the lecturer though cos we ask hell of questions especially when we are doing anything software. The lecturer has to wait and carry everybody along.

The only difference is they attend to mails from what i have seen so far in my school even during weekends.

Just take the good sides. Although for my school i have no regret at all. The only thing is it does not give me the luxury of time to work during school term. Cheer up dear.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ollymama: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
Madamgift, what has changed in just a month, last month, you were telling us that UWL is a good sch and today you started badmouthing the school.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rowon(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Wakanow is a scam!They booked Qatar airways for me and my family on the 7th of August,after some days I got a mail from Qatar that Dear customer you ticket has been changed .we were given option of cancellation if we are not fine with it. I told wakanow to let me know what changed ,it was just the airport and departure time so I gave the go ahead to effect it . The sent my kids tickets three kids for my consent ,I checked and ask them to go ahead hoping that my wife's and my ticket will drop soon . I asked for the two remaining ticket,they kept telling me to hold on until after 2 days that they told me that the change only affected my kids and not ours .I was like how could I have agreed that my kids fly a different flight from ours. They claimed I gave the go ahead. Now they asking me to pay 1.2m to effect the change to be in the same flight with my kids.
Bhoyo:
@Ducches, @Justwise and other gurus.

I booked my ticket from wakanow few days ago but unfortunately today I received email from Qatar airline that my ticket has been cancelled for operational reason. I tried to contact wakanow but all abortive. Pls what can I do? And pls I will appreciate anybody who have Wakanow Costomer care phone number?

Pls it is urgent.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heaven2earth: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Please has Anyone been in this situation b4 and can advise...

There was an error on my decision letter, I requested for a correction, but apparently the same error had already been made on my brp, home office apologized and a new one was issued and they said the old one is now invalid (they asked I destroy it if I have it and I shouldn't make any travel plans till I have the new brp with me).

So thing is, I'm not yet in the UK, I only noticed the error from my decision letter, haven't collected any brp yet. My worry is does this also affect the validity of the 90 days entry vignette on my passport as I'm yet to arrive the UK and haven't used it yet? The person who replied my email couldn't really give a deifinte answer when I emailed ukvi, probably she didn't follow the email thread to understand the situation.

I don't want to have issues at the airport... Here at departure or in the UK on arrival. Just a little worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by steadyMoving22: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
Anyone

Iqmotb:
Pls aw much is a dollar to naira ( black market rate)
Can anyone help in paying of IHS and visa fee ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chikpreti: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
Desperado78:
If you need help filling your application you can send a DM, I’m a pro DO IT YOURSELF. I have pdf files that can serve as a step by step guideline for you. It’s free and you can share with others.

I'm interested. Please send to my email: chiinett@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
Desperado78:
If you need help filling your application you can send a DM, I’m a pro DO IT YOURSELF. I have pdf files that can serve as a step by step guideline for you. It’s free and you can share with others.
I M interested Adubisola@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Pls allow me to intrude.
So the problem is the size of the school and number of times you have to go to lectures in comparison to what is happening in your friend’s school? Wow. Wow. Wow.
You mention if you miss lectures too many times… reallly? So they should be quiet that a student fails to come to class so many times?? Are you a student truly then?

You are a full time student and not part time.
Or because the school’s landscape is not over 100 hectares of land?as for expenses, no one has it easy in London.

As long as you are in London you will deal with the high cost of living, so again what is the issue?
Honestly if I were a student I will take your review with a pinch of salt as you have yet to present any real issues with this school.

madamGift:
Honestly, UWL wasn’t my first choice, if you read my visa alert post you’d maybe understand why I settled for it but now I’m just in regrets. I informed the Student union and they said the only way I can receive a refund is if I come back to Nigeria and I will only get 50% of my tuition, alternatively if I have plenty money I can pay tuition for another school and reapply for another visa whilst I am here but I won’t get a refund for that, instead I will be owing UWL!!!. I can’t do either so I am accepting my fate and will just finish. I just pray the certificate will be useful as the school No just get any level for here at all. Maybe it will have level in Nigeria but I don’t have plans of coming back to settle there.
Laspotech is way bigger than this school in terms of landscape, actually no comparison at all. The ealing campus is just like house on the rock in lekki while the brenthfort campus is one big company like building with multiple floors. It’s just as if I am in a polytechnic with the amount of money I paid. It’s so painful. I visited a friend in Roehampton Uni, my Gosh, you should see that school!! That is an actual university!! So big with the accommodations in it and all. That’s where I was trying to transfer to. And the standard is so great, very well respected and they have given me admission but I can’t do anything with it now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
What error and is it on your vignette?
heaven2earth:
Please has Anyone been in this situation b4 and can advise...
There was an error on my decision letter, I requested for a correction, but apparently the same error had already been made on my brp, home office apologized and a new one was issued and they said the old one is now invalid (they asked I destroy it if I have it and I shouldn't make any travel plans till I have the new brp with me). So thing is, I'm not yet in the UK, I only noticed the error from my decision letter, haven't collected any brp yet. My worry is does this also affect the validity of the 90 days entry vignette on my passport as I'm yet to arrive the UK and haven't used it yet? The person who replied my email couldn't really give a deifinte answer when I emailed ukvi, probably she didn't follow the email thread to understand the situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eljidy(m): 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hi
What is the free sim meant for?

BStrands:
I was given

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kfakile: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
No one suggested bank to use for form A yet...
Even the process I never know self
Sunexy:

Any info on this please??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heaven2earth: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Not the vignette, vignette is fine, expires in novemeber..error was on decision letter and brp (length of stay)
giselle237:
What error and is it on your vignette?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
heaven2earth:
Not the vignette, vignette is fine, expires in novemeber..error was on decision letter and brp (length of stay)
This is secondary. U can travel .
U dnt need BRP to enter the country. Enter with your vignette and sort anythin else out when you are in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heaven2earth: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thank you... This is re-assuring
giselle237:

This is secondary. U can travel .
U dnt need BRP to enter the country. Enter with your vignette and sort anythin else out when you are in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.