Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1004793 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jyde231101: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
Priority or standard pls and which TLS? My application still at DMC since December 7th, no email nothing from UKVI
Seunphilip:

I did mine on 2nd I got interview on 19, the same day decision was made with my dependant , I got BRP on 25 and collection Mail yesterday. Expecting my passport through courier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by arocheezy(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
chubbyman:

Is it a must a brp mail must drop even when tracking says transferred to vac,cause I haven't gotten a brp or refusal mail and it's already transferred to the vac.

My wife and I did our bio Dec 1st, Abuja tls (standard) and I am the MA. I was interviewed on 9th, collection mail on 14th, got my Visa on 16th. The dependant still at DMC, after several paid mails they finally made a decision and it was transferred to VAC yesterday (29th). Today we decided to visit Tls center even when it shows ‘transferred to VAC’, without collection or BRP mail, her passport was ready and well packaged.

I want to thank everyone here, you guys are the best. I am really grateful ��

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello House.

Is anyone here going to Hull university by January
Or does anyone have their WhatsApp group link

Kindly assist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ponmsi: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
Good evening everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has been doing well in giving insights and answers to different questions posted here. It's greatly appreciated.

I will like to ask if anyone knows if the UKVI checks on if a company that gives recommendation letter to a staff who is applying for student Visa is active on CAC site or not?

The applicant did a priority application and has done biometrics more than a week ago(21st Dec), though it was just 3 days he got to know his employer's company is inactive on CAC. Hope it can't lead to a refusal?

Also, he got a generic "Not straightforward mail" without asking for any further information or documents a day after Bio and hasn't heard anything again from them and application is still at DMC.

Kindly help by giving insights into the questions, thank you so much...Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lekeadeid: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
This is from my own experience.

I called on Tuesday. I was told same thing you were told. No email was sent after the call.

I received a mail from the escalation team today, that a decision has been made on my application. On the TLS tracker it currently shows that my application has been transferred to VAC.

Aside my own experience, I observed something from the experience of others on this platform. I observed that it takes about 4 working days from the day of call or paid mail to get a feedback from the escalation team.

I could be wrong tho. But I observed that pattern. So I was optimistic I would get a feed back today, lo and behold I got the mail today.

Simzie653:
I made a paid call and the lady said she escalated it for me & gave me an escalation number, though I didn’t get an escalation email. Does it mean it’s been done or I still have to wait for the escalation email?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeboi3611(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
Congratulations, when was your biometric & did you get an escalation number after the paid call on Tuesday?

lekeadeid:
This is from my own experience.

I called on Tuesday. I was told same thing you were told. No email was sent after the call.

I received a mail from the escalation team today, that a decision has been made on my application. On the TLS tracker it currently shows that my application has been transferred to VAC.

Aside my own experience, I observed something from the experience of others on this platform. I observed that it takes about 4 working days from the day of call or paid mail to get a feedback from the escalation team.

I could be wrong tho. But I observed that pattern. So I was optimistic I would get a feed back today, lo and behold I got the mail today.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tyllapia: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Focus99:
For a newly graduate without working experience will he/she have to show how they got the money in POF?

The father is the sponsor but they run the normal POF percentage thing.

He has uploaded his Bsc certificate, Transcript, Waec, Unconditional offer, CAS, TB certificate, and proof of fund. What else should he upload?

Gurus in the house we need your guidance. We don't want refusal oh. Help us

Reference letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pazzenjer: 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Any person going to Bournemouth. If you have accommodation to share. I'm interested

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Pls anymore going to Huddersfield to share accommodation with ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

For a visit visa Yes

But a study visa No

However please advise your employer to file his annual returns

Cheers
Ponmsi:
Good evening everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has been doing well in giving insights and answers to different questions posted here. It's greatly appreciated.

I will like to ask if anyone knows if the UKVI checks on if a company that gives recommendation letter to a staff who is applying for student Visa is active on CAC site or not?

The applicant did a priority application and has done biometrics more than a week ago(21st Dec), though it was just 3 days he got to know his employer's company is inactive on CAC. Hope it can't lead to a refusal?

Also, he got a generic "Not straightforward mail" without asking for any further information or documents a day after Bio and hasn't heard anything again from them and application is still at DMC.

Kindly help by giving insights into the questions, thank you so much...Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

With an escalation number it has been done

There isn't an escalation mail

Cheers
Simzie653:
I made a paid call and the lady said she escalated it for me & gave me an escalation number, though I didn’t get an escalation email. Does it mean it’s been done or I still have to wait for the escalation email?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Khalid72(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello house i'm applying to the uni of cambridge through UCAS and i'm at the point of payment can i make payment with my normal bank account debit card please i need urgent response the card is a mastercard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dewale1234(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Please if status indicates application received by VAC and one paid for DHL, will one still get a collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ifelajulo: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
dewale1234:
Please if status indicates application received by VAC and one paid for DHL, will one still get a collection mail?

Yes you will receive collection mail from TLS with a tracking number. You can use the tracking number to track your visa.

Iit will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by princeabisoye: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
sentojames:

Hello House.

Is anyone here going to Hull university by January
Or does anyone have their WhatsApp group link

Kindly assist.

I am going... I use to join a group but discovered most people in the group are still seeking admission so i exited.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Okeydioha(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
arocheezy:

My wife and I did our bio Dec 1st, Abuja tls (standard) and I am the MA. I was interviewed on 9th, collection mail on 14th, got my Visa on 16th. The dependant still at DMC, after several paid mails they finally made a decision and it was transferred to VAC yesterday (29th). Today we decided to visit Tls center even when it shows ‘transferred to VAC’, without collection or BRP mail, her passport was ready and well packaged.

I want to thank everyone here, you guys are the best. I am really grateful ��
A big congratulations bro

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badassProdigy(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
will I need a transit visa for Kenya airways?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ekemere90: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Who is applying to University of derby for MSN nursing.. or who applied.. what documents should I add up to assure my shortlisting.. please note am coming from non related health field /background but have acquired relevant health certificates including training as auxiliary nurse after I graduated from University.

Please please guide me I also learnt interview will be coming . Please guys assist me please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fab11: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hi, please anyone, are the priority and super priority visa options available for dependent visa applications?

Anyone with knowledge of this, please answer �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
No.

Not at the moment.

fab11:
Hi, please anyone, are the priority and super priority visa options available for dependent visa applications?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Toksjb(m): 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
fab11:

No is the answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Darmiegold(f): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please is it necessary to do change of name
A friend just renewed her passport and intends to apply with her husband
She wants to know if she can use her passport without change of name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ekemere90: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Please guys who is doing MSN pre registration.. I hope September next year isn't to early to start now..?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeboi3611(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Good evening,
I got an escalation number but the agent said it’s awaiting decision before she decides to escalate it. Does it still mean it’s been done?

dduchess90:
Hello

With an escalation number it has been done

There isn't an escalation mail

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hey guys, can I travel with basic pills and medication to the UK. Cough syrup, malaria pills and antibiotics

Will I be disturbed by immigration for carrying this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
0zi0:
pls how long does it take for a passport to be returned to the VAC. i got brp mail since the 14th. Application was transferred to VAC on the 15th. now as i emailed tls they said that my passport is being returned pls how long does that take?
abuja tls

UPDATE: i got my passport two days after this question with visa stamped

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
JaySterling:
Hey guys, can I travel with basic pills and medication to the UK. Cough syrup, malaria pills and antibiotics

Will I be disturbed by immigration for carrying this ?

if you put it in your normal luggage i doubt there’ll be a problem. but if its carry on, some suspicions may rise with the airport security not immigration because they will ask to see some documents not search your carry on
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kingy12345: 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
I paid for visa and IHS today but I got a far date and the school resume soonest,pls anyone with a sure link to get a closer date pls help a brother.. ASAP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Kingy12345:
I paid for visa and IHS today but I got a far date and the school resume soonest,pls anyone with a sure link to get a closer date pls help a brother.. ASAP

Stay on the site through the night....you should see a closer date.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
Yes. She can apply using her maiden name as long as she has their valid wedding certificate.

Darmiegold:
Good evening everyone
Please is it necessary to do change of name
A friend just renewed her passport and intends to apply with her husband
She wants to know if she can use her passport without change of name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
If you stay in Lagos consider *walk-in*. Go to TLS office and pay walkin fee ("if available that day"wink and walk-in to do your bio.

Kingy12345:

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.