Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1009588 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwasegun664(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Thank you bro, the stop over is just 2hrs.

Lagos to Doha 8hrs stop over.
Doha to Heathrow 2hrs
Heathrow to Edinburgh End point.

CEZEJUST:

You can't have 2 POE clearance.

You may not be cleared in stopover (my opinion though) because they will not be much time except if the stopover time is much.

But if you are cleared in any of those, then you're good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwasegun664(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2022
Thank you so much.

dduchess90:
Hello

One POE at Heathrow

Once you are stamped in that's done

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jaydave: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2022
My wife has HND lower credit and bsc from Noun but 3rd class. Can she see any sch that would accept either of the two result for postgrad dip or MSc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dewale1234(m): 8:29am On Dec 30, 2022
tomiwiyu:
One advise i will give applicants is once you see transferred to VAC and you didn’t use DHL pickup service . pls go and pickup your Visa without waiting for Collection mail . There are lots of Passport waiting for the owner at TLS contact . i met a lady yesterday that her tracking show transferred to VAC , she showed up and are passport is ready .

What about people that already had a decision for days and even received BRP Mail and yet the status is still received at DMC...not yet transferred to VAC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2022
Pls house ,how to book for Airbnb accommodation?? Pls I need it urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Princewado: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2022
Justpat:

Everywhere good......Congrats man.

Please tell us wetin Border Force ask you at Port of Entry. Make we hold our side

It's depending on how busy they are the day you enter, they number was too much on my day and I was asked to show BRP mail and CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Princewado: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2022
JaySterling:
Congratulations bro

Please can you share your experience at the port of entry. What questions were you asked? And Which documents were you asked to tender ?

Point of entry was easy for me, was asked to show CAS and BRP mail. Possible questions can be
✈️ Uk my People
We don enter this Afternoon oo,

POE was smooth, Gatwick Airport. But their Questions Pass UKVI��

1) what country are you coming from

2) what are you here for
3) what school

( Do u have a Brp letter - Yes ( passed it to him)

4) what course ( oh you are here for a Masters degree ) you have done a bachelors degree( yea oo Alaye for my home country nigeria �)

4) Do u have accommodation

5) How much is your tuition fee how will you sort ( showed him Cas statement, Alaye i don pay 60% do normal ooo��)

6) what were you doing before in your home country.

7) who is paying your tuition/maintenance

cool will you work while studying
(Do u know as a student it 20hrs/PW

9) Are u with your maintenance and Tuition fee Balance( Alaye he dey my Account for Naija �� if i don open UK account i will do the needful)

The weyre say I won’t have a problem my English is so Smooth like have been in the UK before�� (laugh wey no reach mind). He said All the best and make sure

This are the thing i can remember, it all about Confidence and be sure of what u saying and let them know u know what you are doing and what you are in the UK for.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jyde231101: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2022
Jyde231101:
Hello, pls can someone give a helpful information for student visa, My Biometrics was December 7th at Ikeja TLS(standard)
I was Invite for an interview 16th of December and was told to keep checking my email for a decision, I've made 2 paid calls already and I was told decision as been made since 19th of December, ever since then my application status still at DMC and I haven't gotten any email till now .. Please does anyone knows what's could be wrong? The waiting is becoming tiring . I will appreciate any comment on this pls. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

Have you checked your emails for any refusal? Sometimes it might be in your spam or junk folder?

Cheers
TJunoma:

Went for my interview in September. It’s visit visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

Where do you intend to stay when you arrive the UK?

What did you put in the accommodation section during your visa application??

Cheers
danzolla32:
Morning house , is it a must I have my accommodation or Airbnb book before leaving Nigeria ? Hope not booking won't cause any issue at the POE??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

Download the air b n b app and search based on your school location

You should be able to see options.

When you book, ask the host to send you a confirmation email so you can print it out as evidence

Cheers
danzolla32:
Pls house ,how to book for Airbnb accommodation?? Pls I need it urgent

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by louie3(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2022
POF needed was 11.4M when I applied for visa. Total funds in the account was 12M at the time. Used some of the money in the account and the total amount reduced to 11.6M (currently). The account statement submitted shows 12M.

I hope this wouldn't cause issues?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skengman: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Where do you intend to stay when you arrive the UK?

What did you put in the accommodation section during your visa application??

Cheers
Hi dduchess
For my visa application I used my school address for my accommodation. I’ve being trying to secure a room somewhere else not school accommodation. I will be staying at my friend’s for a week close to the uni to enable me view flats and secure my accommodation.

PLEASE Is this ok at the POE?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tobijas001(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2022
jaydave:
My wife has HND lower credit and bsc from Noun but 3rd class. Can she see any sch that would accept either of the two result for postgrad dip or MSc
Search for schs that accepts HND/3rd class for MSc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2022
Princewado:

Point of entry was easy for me, was asked to show CAS and BRP mail. Possible questions can be
✈️ Uk my People
We don enter this Afternoon oo,

POE was smooth, Gatwick Airport. But their Questions Pass UKVI��

1) what country are you coming from

2) what are you here for
3) what school

( Do u have a Brp letter - Yes ( passed it to him)

4) what course ( oh you are here for a Masters degree ) you have done a bachelors degree( yea oo Alaye for my home country nigeria �)

4) Do u have accommodation

5) How much is your tuition fee how will you sort ( showed him Cas statement, Alaye i don pay 60% do normal ooo��)

6) what were you doing before in your home country.

7) who is paying your tuition/maintenance

cool will you work while studying
(Do u know as a student it 20hrs/PW

9) Are u with your maintenance and Tuition fee Balance( Alaye he dey my Account for Naija �� if i don open UK account i will do the needful)

The weyre say I won’t have a problem my English is so Smooth like have been in the UK before�� (laugh wey no reach mind). He said All the best and make sure

This are the thing i can remember, it all about Confidence and be sure of what u saying and let them know u know what you are doing and what you are in the UK for.

Omo you go fear question. E be like say una no plenty so he has more than enough time to conduct full interview.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chubbyman(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Is it a must a brp mail must drop even when tracking says transferred to vac,cause I haven't gotten a brp or refusal mail and it's already transferred to the vac.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

Have you checked your junk/spam messages?

Cheers
chubbyman:

Is it a must a brp mail must drop even when tracking says transferred to vac,cause I haven't gotten a brp or refusal mail and it's already transferred to the vac.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

It depends on the border patrol officer and how far he/she wants to go and your level of confidence

Option 1: Air b n b confirmation booking

Option 2: A letter from your friend stating he is housing you on arrival until you find your accommodation (where he lives, what sort of accommodation and how long you will be there), attaching his rent agreement, BRP, and other IDs.In his letter he should have his contact details etc

If you go with option 2 be prepared to defend the reason you aren't using your school accommodation and be ready to show your bank statement where your POFs should be for your accommodation.Actually this also applies to option 1

Cheers
Skengman:

Hi dduchess
For my visa application I used my school address for my accommodation. I’ve being trying to secure a room somewhere else not school accommodation. I will be staying at my friend’s for a week close to the uni to enable me view flats and secure my accommodation.

PLEASE Is this ok at the POE?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello

If you used some of the funds for school purposes keep the evidence and prepare to present it if requested by either ECO or at POE

If you are ready with the above then it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

louie3:
POF needed was 11.4M when I applied for visa. Total funds in the account was 12M at the time. Used some of the money in the account and the total amount reduced to 11.6M (currently). The account statement submitted shows 12M.

I hope this wouldn't cause issues?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gracefolds2014: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ifelajulo:
I applied for dependent visa and did biometrics on 28 Nov Ikeja TLS. No NSF mail and nothing tl I made a paid call last week Friday i.e 23rd Dec. No decision was made and the lady said she will escalate it. This morning I received an escalation email that decision has been made and I track the documents it has moved to VAC..

Should I be worried?

If a visa is denied when will that person received refusal email?

Sincerely I am worried.

Please have you gotten collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chubbyman(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Have you checked your junk/spam messages?

Cheers
Nope no mails in the spam folder either,maybe it's this whole holiday messing the smooth operation up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gracefolds2014: 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
chubbyman:

Nope no mails in the spam folder either,maybe it's this whole holiday messing the smooth operation up

Same here. The tracking shows my application has been moved to VAC this morning. No BRP mail yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by annieberl(f): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Please, who knows where I can buy dollars at 720 or less? Please, abeg. I need 4500 worth of dollars
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chubbyman(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gracefolds2014:

Same here. The tracking shows my application has been moved to VAC this morning. No BRP mail yet.
I haven't seen anyone who's received a brp mail this week on this topic and tier 2 topic maybe the brp team are still on holiday till next week,so keep hope alive,it is well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
annieberl:
Please, who knows where I can buy dollars at 720 or less? Please, abeg. I need 4500 worth of dollars

Let me give you a tip that can help you and anyone else looking for dollars.

Go to a bank branch where they do a lot of western union transaction ( I recommend First Bank) talk to the western union operator about the dollar amount you want. The banks are not having large dollar bills of 100 and 50 and so they are paying mainly with 1 dollar bills and 20 dollar bills which customers rather not want to take. So instead they credit a dorm account which most don't have or opt to sell it to anyone who has an account. So if you arrange with the bank staff. He or she will help you get the dollars you need as long as you are crediting a dollar account and not taking cash.

I bought over 3,500 dollars using the technique.

Cheers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by annieberl(f): 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Justpat:

Go to a bank branch where they do a lot of western union transaction ( I recommend First Bank) talk to the western union operator about the dollar amount you want. The banks are not having large dollar bills of 100 and 50 and so they are paying mainly with 1 dollar bills and 20 dollar bills which customers rather not want to take. So instead they credit a dorm account which most don't have or opt to sell it to anyone who has an account. So if you arrange with the bank staff. He or she will help you get the dollars you need as long as you are crediting a dollar account and not taking cash.

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
My brp came 2days after I got my passport/visa.

chubbyman:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HapiNna: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
Justpat:

Cheers

Please at what rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Simzie653: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
I made a paid call and the lady said she escalated it for me & gave me an escalation number, though I didn’t get an escalation email. Does it mean it’s been done or I still have to wait for the escalation email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Notime0112: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello house, please who have am idea of how long it will take UBA to debit form A as it’s already A month plus for me and not debit yet.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seunphilip: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
Simzie653:

Hello,please how did you escalate my bio was Dec 1 and nothing yet till now how did you escalate ?
I did mine on 2nd I got interview on 19, the same day decision was made with my dependant , I got BRP on 25 and collection Mail yesterday. Expecting my passport through courier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.