Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1009555 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
To the newbies in the UK, try and register for your NI once you've gotten your phone number.
https://www.apply-national-insurance-number.service.gov.uk/work

Try and register for your DBS on time to, cuz it's very important when hunting for jobs.Though you may not be able to register for DBS by yourself, but Any employing agency can help you with that.

To those that wish to work with Healthcare agencies too, search for online courses to complement your CV. Cuz they'll surely ask if you've undergone any course.
https://academy.florence.co.uk/courses is an example
You can register for this and write as many as you want

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello everyone. My wife got admission to University of Stirling. Do I need to inform the school that there is a dependant?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mayowa94: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year guys.
Please do I need police clearance certificate to switch from tier 4 to tier 2?
If yes how can I get Nigeria police clearance certificate from UK? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adigun27: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
Plss Bros I need how I can apply for the same school plss
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Hello everyone. My wife got admission to University of Stirling. Do I need to inform the school that there is a dependant?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bukorlar10: 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Please does flying with Ethiopian airway come with any kind of condition? Like negative covid-test, vaccination or any condition. And please any review on them? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:

Not now..when filling your CAS ...you can

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
adigun27:

Googgle university of Stirling ..that should do...

Stir.ac.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Viktor454: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
��*MAIN REASON FOR LAYOVERS/STOP OVER*��

Aviation rules is that all flight must firstly get to their hub city before going to their destinations. The more reason why Turkish Airline will have to stop at Istanbul before taking off to its destination either Manchester, Newcastle, Heathrow etc. and same applies to every other airline like Emirates, Qatar, Ethiopia etc.

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic is a direct flight to Heathrow because both airline is owned by UK and Heathrow happens to be the Hub city for UK. In other other words both airlines are direct flight to only those that are having their final stops in Heathrow but not a direct flight for those going to other cities in the UK, like the likes of Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburg, Newcastle etc.

So do not panic when a flight has a Layover or Stopover.

For now the only airline that requires a Transit Visa for Nigeria Passport holder that has only UK Visa is KLM, Airfrance and Lufthansa.

All other Airlines like..
- Emirates
- Ethiopia Airline
- Kenya Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- Qatar Airways
- Egypt Air
- Turkish
- Rwandair
Etc are Owk to book depending on your budget, what seems favorable for you and the duration of Layover that you can withstand.

*TAKE NOTE*: For all countries Layover/Stopover passengers are meant to be at the airport or lodge in the airport either ways. Only bearers of that particular country visa where the stop/layover is taking place has the right to move away from the airport premises to do other things like buy goods, site seeing etc.

*Just felt I shoulder educate some of us that are quite confused � on how the whole thing works. I hope it’s helpful.*

✌️ ✌️

Copied.
Airlines from 9ja to the UK;

Direct flights
Virgin Atlantic - Direct Flight
British Airways - Direct Flight

Connecting flights
Qatar Airways - Via Doha
Turkish Airlines - Via Istanbul
Emirates Airlines - Via Dubai
Kenya Airways - Via Nairobi
Egypt Airlines - Via Cairo
Ethiopian Air - Via Addis Ababa
Air Rwanda - Via Kigali
Royal Air Maroc - Via Casablanca

Other Airlines that requires Transit Visas
KLM - Via Amsterdam
Air Francs - Via Paris
Lufthansa - Via Frankfort

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Viktor454: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
For everyone who's got a visa/left already/providing answers on here y'all are the real mvps can't mention names cos it would make others seem irrelevant but if you've ever helped someone on here before by answering a question or solving a problem. God bless you! �
Cheers to a greater 2023.
To newbies; for most of you here 90% of the question you wanna ask as already been asked on here you just need to look for it or type your question in the Google search button and attach the world nairaland at the end of your sentence so Google search bots will direct you to that specific section in nairaland.
So let's endeavor to do this.
Take care.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2023
Anyone is fine
Federal or local government.

phollybee:
Please is there a specific Registry we must use for our legal marriage b4 travelling or can we use any registry in the country ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chubbyman(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
Toksjb:

God bless you bro. What a wonderful way to start the year. Ours came in around 8:35 am but I just saw it now. Thank you Jesus.

Thanks to everyone here for your contributions. BRP alert, family of 3. Biometric was on 22nd December.
Congratulations,stay blessed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thanks
IFSHR:

Not now..when filling your CAS ...you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello

It depends on your job/role/employer.

Some rely on DBS while others might request for a PCC.

2.You can either get it before leaving at Lagos or confirm from the embassy in London if they can assist

Cheers
mayowa94:
Happy new year guys.
Please do I need police clearance certificate to switch from tier 4 to tier 2?
If yes how can I get Nigeria police clearance certificate from UK? Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello

No COVID Conditions

Cheers
Bukorlar10:
Please does flying with Ethiopian airway come with any kind of condition? Like negative covid-test, vaccination or any condition. And please any review on them? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Upigo4life: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Anyone got collection mail without BRP mail yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Justpat:

Hello

Please confirm with your school the latest date allowed for international student arrival. some schools give 2 to 3 weeks after start date. This is stated on your CAS as last date of resumption.

your best bet will be to apply as soon as your POF is ready using priority or super priority if affordable. Also try and get the quickest possible date for biometric by selecting assisted service (as dates tend to be closer under that)

Finally ensure to get all your documents right to ensure your application will be straightforward to avoid NSF and processing delay.

Hope these helps.

regards.

Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
Yes. I did. And got BRP few days later

When did you get your collection mail?

Upigo4life:
Anyone got collection mail without BRP mail yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jaydave: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

That's more than 2years so it is fine

Here is a screenshot of documents you could provide,personalise it to the alternatives in Nigeria and to your situation. Try to provide as many as you can and within the span of your relationship

Ensure they are verifiable

Cheers

Oh thanks chief . I will work on these stuffs on SC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
Pls house I am trying to book my flight with Turkish and with my zanith card but my payment keep bouncing back ..Pls what to do ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
@dduchess90 and others with practical knowledge on this.

On visa application page, I see that one can start the process and come back to finish later, would ECO/Embassy count the date that the process begins with online account creation or the date when I have everything inplace and hit submit?

Eg: if started login, upload some available documents Etc on Dec 15, but paid for / submitted on Dec 28, when everything is completed and PoF is matured per 28days rule.

Appreciate if you have link to back this up for my further specific readings?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
This is insightful. So at what rate did the western union operator sold a dollar for?

[qquote author=Justpat post=119549432]

Let me give you a tip that can help you and anyone else looking for dollars.

Go to a bank branch where they do a lot of western union transaction ( I recommend First Bank) talk to the western union operator about the dollar amount you want. The banks are not having large dollar bills of 100 and 50 and so they are paying mainly with 1 dollar bills and 20 dollar bills which customers rather not want to take. So instead they credit a dorm account which most don't have or opt to sell it to anyone who has an account. So if you arrange with the bank staff. He or she will help you get the dollars you need as long as you are crediting a dollar account and not taking cash.

I bought over 3,500 dollars using the technique.

Cheers
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Pls house I am trying to book my flight with Turkish and with my zanith card but my payment keep bouncing back ..Pls what to do ? Someone help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Toksjb(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year to us all.
Can someone suggest the best and relatively cheap route and Airline to get to Aberdeen, Scotland. Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello

1. You can create your application,save each step and log out if you choose to until you get to declaration stage, after that point you have to proceed to your IHS and visa fee payment

2. The ECO starts the count from the date you pay your IHS, Visa fee( called application date) not when you create your application or when you have being saving previously like no 1.

3. Uploading your documents if you choose self service or during your biometrics for assisted will come after 1 and 2 above

To answer your questions yes you can begin with no 1 above but don't proceed past the declaration step until all your documents including your POF is ready.

Cheers
imhopeful:
@dduchess90 and others with practical knowledge on this.

On visa application page, I see that one can start the process and come back to finish later, would ECO/embassy count the date that the process begins with online account creation or the date when I have everything inplace and hit submit?

Eg: if started login, upload some available documents Etc on Dec 15, but paid for /submitted on Dec 28, when everything is completed and PoF is matured per 28days rule.

Appreciate if you have link to back this up for my further specific readings?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello

1. Change browsers

2. Call customer service by the next working day

3. Try a different card

Cheers
danzolla32:

Pls house I am trying to book my flight with Turkish and with my zanith card but my payment keep bouncing back ..Pls what to do ? Someone help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
Use a dollar card

danzolla32:
Pls house I am trying to book my flight with Turkish and with my zanith card but my payment keep bouncing back ..Pls what to do ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adegbem02: 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hi guys, please I already started working toward September, got like 5 unconditional offer already, I would like tips (influencing factors) from experience gurus for me to research about each school for me to be able to choose the right one.

I know tuition fees matters why initial deposit don't really matter since most school now request for 50% before enrollment. But I need other factors I can use to filter down to the best university choice. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tobatele(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
I think they are still on December 2, 2022. Moreso, your application is not up to 15working days.
You can only be worried once your application is 15working days and upward

Opiso101:
Happy new year everyone

I did biometrics 16/12/2022 (Standard) Abuja
Up till now I haven’t heard anything from them.

Anyone with me on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
Search them on google and apply
adigun27:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opiso101: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
tobatele:
I think they are still on December 2, 2022. Moreso, your application is not up to 15working days.
You can only be worried once your application is 15working days and upward

With the plenty bank holidays. I don’t know when it will be the 15th working day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
danzolla32:

Only dollars card work for Turkish airline

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.