Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1023254 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ponmsi: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thank you

Boss0003680501:

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fkhalifa:

Affidavit of change of name should help.
BTW, which schools gave you unconditional offers?

Thanks

University of Stirling
Swansea
Sheffield university
Usw
And Lincoln just today

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pazzenjer: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

1. Yes,it is exactly 28 days if you include 3rd and 30th

2. Maybe it is an error,you need to book an appointment first before you can either upload the document yourself or take it to TLS for assisted service

3. Try a different browser or at a different time

Cheers

Thanks for the response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thanks for your response. Please how donI reach TLS? Any email address I can use?

dduchess90
post=119742047:

Hello

The chasing doesn't end until you ha e your passport the only difference is the title has moved from visa status to passport/travel documents collection

Chase again with TLS and UKVI so you get .But like I always say, with dependants you have to be patient,they are not the MA and can arrive at anytime

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pazzenjer: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
imhopeful:
You may use this to calculate, 28days after Dec 3rd, is Dec 31. Depending on circumstances, we've read stories of some folks who dont wait until the full 28 day calendar and granted visa, but if book is to follow, Jan 1, would have been the best but Dec 30 not bad

https://www.convertunits.com/dates/28/daysfrom/Dec+3,+2020
https://convert-dates.com/days-from/28/2022/12/03
https://www.alarmdaddy.com/calculators/date/count/28-days-after-03-dec-2022

Thanks for the response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opiso101: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Congratulations
Did you use naira card for the paid mail? How much was the charge in naira.
I tried sending paid mail but it didn’t go through

Ponmsi:
VISA ALERT

Bio 21st Dec - Priority for MA and Standard for 3-Dependants
NSF Mail without asking for anything - 22nd Dec
Paid Mail to UKVI - 3 Jan
DMC APPROVAL for all 4 of us - 4th Jan
Dispatched through DHL - 4th Jan
Passports Received with Vignettes - 5th Jan(Today)

No BRP Mail Yet
No Letter accompanied the Visas
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Your POF is for your study in the UK so it shouldn't have an expiration date. Any other arrangements is full on deceit and if caught you will be banned from entering the UK for 10years

Cheers

Michaelkatunge:
Hello guys, please I need input of those that were in a similar situation.
MA did bio this week and wants to start running POF for 2 dependants.

Based on your experience, is it better for dependants to run POF in a separate account or to add money to MA's POF and use it.

MA's POF expires Jan 25th

Please advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello. Great People.

How can one address the issue of restricted work indicated on my partner's dependant vignette?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

The restricted work is the correct condition for dependant partners -study route

They can't work as a sportsperson ( for example professional coach)

If this is what your dependant has then there is nothing to address

Cheers
olaoye15:
Hello. Great People.

How can one address the issue of restricted work indicated on my partner's dependant vignette?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LoisAde: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please I paid for courier service for tls contact. I got collection email since 29th but I didn't get a mail for the delivery and I haven't gotten my passport. I don't did not get a tracking number too. Is it possible that tls have not sent my passport? Because I am not in ikeja or lagos state so I cannot get it stroll in there. Should I travel to lagos to get or wait a few more days. I have also tried sending them emails but they didn't reply to anyone. Please, kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rose223: 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
If you use a letter from your University that the degree was gotten through English language to satisfy the English requirement for admission and When applying for visa can that be presented or does the embassy still request for IELTS since waec was not accepted for admission. Pls I need an answer to this question. Thank you all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hadecaller45: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
Funny question:Is it possible to book a flight from Benin or Ghana to London cause flight from Nigeria to London is too Ducking high ���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

The restricted work is the correct condition for dependant partners -study route

They can't work as a sportsperson ( for example professional coach)

If this is what your dependant has then there is nothing to address

Cheers

Oh. Thanks for your swift respose..
I thought it means she can't work more than 20hrs/week.

Cheers to everyone that's has contributed to the life of this forum. I must confess, the information I have gotten is priceless.

From the admission process to M.A and my three dependants application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TJunoma: 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hadecaller45:
Funny question:Is it possible to book a flight from Benin or Ghana to London cause flight from Nigeria to London is too Ducking high ���
I would book from Ghana, much cheaper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fadd2: 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
IFSHR:

Thanks

University of Stirling
Swansea
Sheffield university
Usw
And Lincoln just today

Hi please i would like to confirm if this application is for September 2023?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good day everyone,

-Please what's the process of form A if someone is paying on behalf of the applicant?
-Who will initiate it, the applicant or the person paying the fee on behalf of the applicant?
-Required documents pls.

Note that have try to search all through nairaland but seems am not getting it right.

Thanks for always.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Michaelkatunge: 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Your POF is for your study in the UK so it shouldn't have an expiration date. Any other arrangements is full on deceit and if caught you will be banned from entering the UK for 10years

Cheers

Thanks, but can you advice me and ignore the POF expiration, it's really urgent and important
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
In this forum, we are not associated or encouraging any PoF arrangement, if you do and caught, it attracts 10 years ban from entering UK, so, be guided. PoF is meant to be funds required for your study balance and maintenances when you arrived UK

If you are asking genuinely on whose account the money could be kept, not bad keeping single account on MA account, especially if you plan to travel as a family and processing around same time. Amount required for each dependent is detailed here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-evidence-for-student-and-child-student-route-applicants
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Michaelkatunge:
Hello guys, please I need input of those that were in a similar situation.
MA did bio this week and wants to start running POF for 2 dependants.

Based on your experience, is it better for dependants to run POF in a separate account or to add money to MA's POF and use it.

MA's POF expires Jan 25th

Please advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fadd2:

Hi please i would like to confirm if this application is for September 2023?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Loko40: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good evening, trust you all had a fruitful day.
Please kindly enlighten me on this scenario.

Is it possible for me (MA) and my wife (dependant) to travel to UK leaving behind my children with the hope of processing their visa later in order to join us.

I actually have 3 children but I am considering the cost of moving family of five which is somehow financially tough at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Judzygal(f): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello house, please does anyone have sure link for ENGLISH PROFICIENCY LETTER from UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR.
Please it’s urgent….,HELPPP!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Yes you can apply for you and your wife only, leaving your kids behind with someone you trust and can take good care of them

You can apply when ready but ensure you have enough time on your current visa and ensure you bring them in before you switch to PSW if that is the route you choose

Cheers
Loko40:
Good evening, trust you all had a fruitful day.
Please kindly enlighten me on this scenario.

Is it possible for me (MA) and my wife (dependant) to travel to UK leaving behind my children with the hope of processing their visa later in order to join us.

I actually have 3 children but I am considering the cost of moving family of five which is somehow financially tough at the moment.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ochudochukatobi: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes you can apply for you and your wife only, leaving your kids behind with someone you trust and can take good care of them

You can apply when ready but ensure you have enough time on your current visa and ensure you bring them in before you switch to PSW if that is the route you choose

Do you mean he can’t bring them when he is on PSW.
What is the latest time he can bring them?

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ochudochukatobi: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
[quote
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
author=
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
Ochudoc
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
hukatob
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
i post=
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
119750324][/quote]
Do you mean he can’t bring them when he is on PSW visa?
What did the law say?
Pls educate us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmyth(m): 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thank you everyone especially @duchess �

Visa Alert �
Bio 13th of Dec Tls Abuja ( priority)
Empty Nsf 21st of Dec
Paid call 24 th of Dec
Escalated 26th of Dec
Paid mail : Jan 2nd
Decision made : Jan 3rd
Collection mail : Jan 5th
The waiting period wasn’t funny at all but all glory be to God . I wish you guys the best �

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Yes, the criteria is that they must have been dependant on his previous student visa before applying for PSW dependants except they were born while he was studying or they were born in the UK.

Here's a link for more reading
https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/your-partner-and-children

And a screenshot

Cheers
Ochudochukatobi:
author=Ochudochukatobi post=119750324]
Do you mean he can’t bring them when he is on PSW visa?
What did the law say?
Pls educate us

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Congratulations

Cheers
Emmyth:

Visa Alert �
Empty Nsf 21st of Dec
Paid call 24 th of Dec
Escalated 26th of Dec
The waiting period wasn’t funny at all but all glory be to God . I wish you guys the best �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Boss0003680501(m): 9:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Emmyth:

Visa Alert �
Empty Nsf 21st of Dec
Paid call 24 th of Dec
Escalated 26th of Dec

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ochudochukatobi: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes, the criteria is that they must have been dependant on his previous student visa before applying for PSW dependants except they were born while he was studying or they were born in the UK.

Here's a link for more reading
https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/your-partner-and-children

And a screenshot

Cheers

Can one apply for a dependant visa 2 months to end of the program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
JaySterling:
Hi guys, I just moved to the UK In October for my PHD with my wife and 2 kids. I’m the main applicant and wife is dependent.

My two younger brothers are also coming in February for their masters with their wife’s
and kids

The 3 of us are planning on buying a property which would serve as a family house for 3 of us our wife’s and kids, instead of paying multiple rent.

We jointly have about 18M in Nigeria
Please can this be enough to serve as a down payment for a bungalow where we can spread the balance over the years in a mortgage plan.

Also, we are planning on putting all the funds (18M) into one account and send it to UK via form A. Would this be possible?

Please can someone advise me on the process for all this and guide us on what best to do to avoid mistakes

Hello, buying property in UK is not that easy. I don’t think lender will give you mortgage on student visa. Also you can only borrow up to 4 times your annual income. You will need payslips, HMRC tax records, bank statements as a minimum requirement. Get settled first on your student visa, switch to another visa category that can lead to ILR and get a well paying job. Furthermore you can not apply for joint mortgage with your brothers. You can only apply independently or with your partner. Once your are settled, speak to a mortgage advisor or people who has passed through the process

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Loko40: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers

Thanks so much for taking time to read and respond. Really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.