Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1023615 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hi guys, I just moved to the UK In October for my PHD with my wife and 2 kids. I’m the main applicant and wife is dependent.

My two younger brothers are also coming in February for their masters with their wife’s
and kids

The 3 of us are planning on buying a property which would serve as a family house for 3 of us our wife’s and kids, instead of paying multiple rent.

We jointly have about 18M in Nigeria
Please can this be enough to serve as a down payment for a bungalow where we can spread the balance over the years in a mortgage plan.

Also, we are planning on putting all the funds (18M) into one account and send it to UK via form A. Would this be possible?

Please can someone advise me on the process for all this and guide us on what best to do to avoid mistakes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kfakile: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thanks
dduchess90:
Hello

They haven't received it if they are still requesting for it.

Please respond asap

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

There is a lot to factor in when it comes to Mortgage in the UK especially when you are on a Student Visa,perhaps with the right Mortgage Advisor and Solicitors you can pull through however they insist on a minimum stay in the UK of 2years.

Most lenders will not want to offer with this visa catergory and the few ones that will do so will be at a higher interest rate.

We can't confirm if 18M is enough for a down payment because we don't know the value of the house you want to buy, your affordability and the deposit the lender will request.

My advise will be when your siblings have arrived and settled in properly (6months to 1year) you can approach an advisor to discuss this

It's a long journey with buying a house in the UK, you have to be prepared for it.

But when you do, it is so worth it smiley

Chat with the Living in the UK thread and get more info there

Cheers

JaySterling:
Hi guys, I just moved to the UK In October for my PHD with my wife and 2 kids. I’m the main applicant and wife is dependent.

My two younger brothers are also coming in February for their masters with their wife’s
and kids

The 3 of us are planning on buying a property which would serve as a family house for 3 of us our wife’s and kids, instead of paying multiple rent.

We jointly have about 18M in Nigeria
Please can this be enough to serve as a down payment for a bungalow where we can spread the balance over the years in a mortgage plan.

Also, we are planning on putting all the funds (18M) into one account and send it to UK via form A. Would this be possible?

Please can someone advise me on the process for all this and guide us on what best to do to avoid mistakes

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

The declaration stage in your visa application also gives the HO authorization to verify your application and documents

Since you attached your personal consent letter that should be fine.

Look out for an NSF to provide any additional documents if at all.

I won't worry too much

Cheers
ICRMJigawa:

Thanks for your quick response @dduchess90.��
Yes I attached a signed personal consent letter, which I title Letter of Consent for Financial Evidence.

I read through the body of the Home of Office own now, and it says it's a letter to allow them to verify my application information. This to me seems like a big deal, doesn't not signing it means I do not authorise them to verify my information?

Is there anything I can do remotely to help avert Refusal of NSF mail?
I mean will a paid call and paid mail do any good?

Thanks for always helping, I do not take it for granted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

What name is on your passport?

Cheers
IFSHR:
Kindly advise

I have a middle name (Muslim name) that is only on my WAEC and date of birth, while growing up my parent converted and I as well was given a baptismal name that serves as my middle name in my Bsc and passport.... While applying for schools I used both middle names Christian and Muslim .. I have an unconditional offer already from 3 school, I just want to know what can I do , to help my visa application process, what document verifiable can I get to back this up....thanks

@dduchess90 or anyone with similar experience...kindly advise ..thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Chase by Monday 9th Jan if you haven't gotten an update

Cheers
Haykaybecks:
Hello guru in the house and dduchess90

I need you guys advice please

I did my bio with my dependent on 14 dec. and I MA got empty NSF on 16 dec. till now I haven’t receive any mail.

When can I chase it up please.? This waiting is tiring
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

What name is on your passport?

Cheers

The Christian name with my surname and first name ....the Muslim name is just only on my birth certificate and WAEC.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ponmsi: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
VISA ALERT

Bio 21st Dec - Priority for MA and Standard for 3-Dependants
NSF Mail without asking for anything - 22nd Dec
Paid Mail to UKVI - 3 Jan
DMC APPROVAL for all 4 of us - 4th Jan
Dispatched through DHL - 4th Jan
Passports Received with Vignettes - 5th Jan(Today)

No BRP Mail Yet
No Letter accompanied the Visas
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

You didn't need the other middle name during your admission application then.
Going forward please stick to those names only

Are you submitting any of those documents for your admission or visa application? If you are then an affidavit like @Kennyliga112 mentioned should suffice

Cheers
IFSHR:

The Christian name with my surname and first name ....the Muslim name is just only on my birth certificate and WAEC.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
Congratulations

Ponmsi:
VISA ALERT

No BRP Mail Yet
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by walexsignature: 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good afternoon...

I just got my passport but the validity on my visa was from 3/1/23 to 3/04/23 instead of 3/04/24.

Has anyone experienced this? How long does it take to rectify this error?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dippyyoo(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ponmsi:
VISA ALERT

No BRP Mail Yet
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Boss0003680501(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ponmsi:
VISA ALERT

No BRP Mail Yet
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
This is correct. 3months

walexsignature:
Good afternoon...

I just got my passport but the validity on my visa was from 3/1/23 to 3/04/23 instead of 3/04/24.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

You didn't need the other middle name during your admission application then.
Going forward please stick to those names only

Are you submitting any of those documents for your admission or visa application? If you are then an affidavit like @Kennyliga112 mentioned should suffice

Cheers

I added the Muslim name because I know I will need the waec certificate for proof of English proficiency...thanks ma, I wil get the affidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sookiee: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good evening house
Is there no way to Fast track this Visa application??

I am supposed to be resuming on 9th January and I haven’t gotten my passport back till now.
Did a paid call and I was told that a decision has been made and I should look out for an email and also wait another 10 to 15 working days to get back my passport.

I am so devastated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ponmsi: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
It is not an error, it means you have to enter the UK between the three months which is the validity of your Vignette. When you are in and you get your BRP card, that will be valid for the duration of your course and 4 extra months after your course.

Hope this helps.

[color=#006600][/color]

walexsignature:
Good afternoon...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

The statement should be the one in your application not a new one.

Print an up to date statement and send it, even if the exchange rate affects it now the ECO will always reflect on the rate that matched the date of application not today.

Again print your previous statement reflecting all 28days till date and submit. Remember your POF is for your maintenance in the UK

Cheers
Slawormirr:
Hello bosses, I applied as a dependent and did my biometric on the 9th Dec. I got a mail from DMC to provide statement of account as additional doc.

Now, my question is that the statement of account I used for my application is different from the one I want to use now. I mean I’m submitting a different statement of account from different bank this time around. I guess the other one was affected by the exchange rate. Please should I include it in my email that I’m sending my bank statement of another bank different from the one I used for my application or should I just send it like that since they didn’t specify I submit a particular one?

Image 1: Their email
Image 2: What I intend to send attaching the pdf of my bank statement.

Please bosses, I need an answer I don’t want to make any silly mistake hence the reason for this epistle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Is your Uni aware of the delays?

When is your last date of resumption?

Cheers
Sookiee:
Good evening house
Is there no way to Fast track this Visa application??

I am supposed to be resuming on 9th January and I haven’t gotten my passport back till now.
Did a paid call and I was told that a decision has been made and I should look out for an email and also wait another 10 to 15 working days to get back my passport.

I am so devastated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
BIGGERSAM:

Hertfordshire Uni
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
IFSHR:
Kindly advise

I have a middle name (Muslim name) that is only on my WAEC and date of birth, while growing up my parent converted and I as well was given a baptismal name that serves as my middle name in my Bsc and passport.... While applying for schools I used both middle names Christian and Muslim .. I have an unconditional offer already from 3 school, I just want to know what can I do , to help my visa application process, what document verifiable can I get to back this up....thanks

@dduchess90 or anyone with similar experience...kindly advise ..thanks
Affidavit of change of name should help.
BTW, which schools gave you unconditional offers?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by walexsignature: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
Okay, thanks alot.
I appreciate.

Ponmsi:
It is not an error, it means you have to enter the UK between the three months which is the validity of your Vignette. When you are in and you get your BRP card, that will be valid for the duration of your course and 4 extra months after your course.

Hope this helps.

[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Michaelkatunge: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello guys, please I need input of those that were in a similar situation.
MA did bio this week and wants to start running POF for 2 dependants.

Based on your experience, is it better for dependants to run POF in a separate account or to add money to MA's POF and use it instead

MA's POF expires Jan 25th

Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
@dduchess90 please any advice?

babieangel:
Helpppp! Urgent please

Anyone that can help or has had similar experience...

My dependants got their BRPs on the 18th Dec, decision made on 13th Dec, Bio done on 8th Dec. It has passed 15 working days post Bio and 10working days post BRP receipt.

Paid mail on 30th Dec, paid call on 4th Jan.
Till now no passport, no mail, still at DMC.

What do we do Any advice?

@dduchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by walexsignature: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ooh... thank God�.

I was thinking it's like visitor's visa which indicates the 6months duration �

babieangel:
This is correct. 3months

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Slawormirr: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

The statement should be the one in your application not a new one.

Print an up to date statement and send it, even if the exchange rate affects it now the ECO will always reflect on the rate that matched the date of application not today.

Again print your previous statement reflecting all 28days till date and submit. Remember your POF is for your maintenance in the UK

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

I have no comments

Cheers
Slawormirr:
Thanks for your response, however, I can’t use the previous statement because the money has since been withdrawn and used for other thing, I presented another one because it meets the requirements and because it was not stated that I must provide the one I submitted for my application.

I just want to hope it won’t affect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sookiee: 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Is your Uni aware of the delays?

When is your last date of resumption?

Cheers

Hello

I just sent a mail to them this evening about the update of my Visa application and I asked if they could intervene.

Last date of resumption is 16th for my course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

The chasing doesn't end until you ha e your passport the only difference is the title has moved from visa status to passport/travel documents collection

Chase again with TLS and UKVI so you get .But like I always say, with dependants you have to be patient,they are not the MA and can arrive at anytime

Cheers
babieangel:
Helpppp! Urgent please

Anyone that can help or has had similar experience...

My dependants got their BRPs on the 18th Dec, decision made on 13th Dec, Bio done on 8th Dec. It has passed 15 working days post Bio and 10working days post BRP receipt.

Paid mail on 30th Dec, paid call on 4th Jan.
Till now no passport, no mail, still at DMC.

What do we do Any advice?

@dduchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ponmsi: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thank you.

babieangel:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello

Great as long as they are aware.

Keep an eye on your email for your collection mail,if you booked any flight please reschedule.

Hopefully you get your documents before 16th or you have an extended time from your Uni to resume

Cheers
Sookiee:

Hello

I just sent a mail to them this evening about the update of my Visa application and I asked if they could intervene.

Last date of resumption is 16th for my course

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.