Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1005092 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didiama1: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good evening all, please house
is it possible to use two accounts for pof? One is a domiciliary account and the other is a normal account, different banks though, a swift response will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Yes, as long as both are your accounts in your name or any of your parents', recommends to write a cover letter alongside to make it not complicated for Visa officer

Didiama1:
is it possible to use two accounts for pof? One is a domiciliary account and the other is a normal account, different banks though, a swift response will be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kazmax: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Please for those that recently travelled what flights are you using to the UK that doesn't require transit visa. Thank you

Rwandair
Royal Air moroc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didiama1: 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
imhopeful:
Yes, as long as both are your accounts in your name or any of your parents', recommends to write a cover letter alongside to make it not complicated for Visa officer

Thanks @imhopeful, I really appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Madeforher(f): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ebiwe:
BIO 7TH JAN. (STANDARD)
CENTER: TLS ABUJA
NO NSF
NO REFUSAL MAIL
NO BRP MAIL

MOVED TO VAC:19TH
COLLECTION MAIL :19TH

AM FEELING REALLY UNEASY�

Lol same with my hubby, got collection mail today, bio 7th January.. Ikeja TLS. No BRP mail, No refusal mail and no NSF as well. He will go collect tomorrow fingers cross, it will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adzedec0224: 12:12am On Jan 20, 2023
Please who’s going to Huddersfield

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omobukkygmail(f): 1:36am On Jan 20, 2023
Pls kindly share ur experience at iom lagos for tb test
Do I need to walk in or book online
I have a minor
Can I walk in and do d test same day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Alwaysfavour: 2:08am On Jan 20, 2023
Arrywendie:
And did they act on the letter you submitted?

Yes, almost immediately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 2:19am On Jan 20, 2023
doyinluv:
POE Alert!!!

My MA just passed the POE at Heathrow London at 9.15 am Nigerian time after landing 2 hours before due to the crowd.
The conversation below as described in her WhatsApp chat

officer: Hello Good Morning
MA: Good Morning
Officer: Please drop your passport
MA: Drops Passport
officer: Where are you coming from?
MA: Nigeria
Officer: No...I mean where is your Flight coming from?
MA: Oh! Nairobi Kenya connecting flight
Officer:OK so Why are you here
MA: I am here for my Masters's Programme
Officer: What Course and Which School?
MA: MSc Management Bloomsbury Institute London ...
Officer: Which Degree did you acquire for your undergraduate?
MA: BA Horticulture
Officer: Flowers and Plants?
MA: Yesssss(thinking that was all then....)
Officer: Can you Mention the botanical names of some plants?
MA: looks surprised but answers with You Say?
Officer: Can you ...(pause and resumes)Give me the botanical name of four plants
MA: ......Ermmmmmmm blows air out and Ermmmmm Rose...Rosa. mmmm Spinach ......Lactuca Sativur...sativa .....mmmmmmm Onion.....Alium Cepa ermmmmmm
Officer cuts: Ok How can plants get their food?
MA: Sun .... Soil.....
Officer Cuts: How do they get their Sugar?
MA: Ermm from the Sun also from water, from carbon dioxide from the air, and microorganisms from the Soil
Officer: OK Stamps passport hands it over you can Go
MA: receives and looks at him
Officer: Yes you can Go
It was a really off-guard question hence why I Brought it here to share. Apparently all we rehearsed before she left like accommodation, how are you funding, what are you doing back in Nigeria, and all other personal stuff dint come out

The lesson here is: Be prepared for anything as well as learn from others' experiences as much as you can get.

Thanks for sharing. Similar situation with my partner. Studied B.tech P/A Chemistry at undergraduate and going for MSC cybersecurity with advanced practice. The immigration officer started asking how the two courses are related and how they align with career goals. Also asking technical questions on both industry. The thing be like ielets speaking test.

Be prepared for POE. They can throw you off guard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Legitmenaija: 5:16am On Jan 20, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Have you asked if they can accept any alternative like WAEC or letter from your previous Uni stating the course was taught in English?

If they don't accept it then you have to make arrangements for your IELTS test

Cheers

They finally accepted NECO. Meanwhile i also got another offer from a school in Canada. So i am on the path of thinking which to go for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 5:50am On Jan 20, 2023
Justpat:

I recon they might issue an emergency travel document for your baby which can serve as passport for the visa application. Nothing is impossible but only the NIS can ascertain this . So pay them a visit
so they will stamp the UK visa on the emergency travel certificate ; and you have seen emergency travel certificate from Nigeria for onward travel ? How will the baby enter into the UK without a valid travel document and visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by obaalasepe: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Is there anyone with accommodation around Hertfordshire? My brother will be coming in next week and he needs just a room.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Hello guys

Is Portsmouth a good place to school in or I should just choose a school in London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:16am On Jan 20, 2023
Omobukkygmail:
I have a minor
I'm not sure if you can book online or do it the same day

Nah dem dey give date wey you go come do the test.

Nah just base on the little knowledge I have about the place I dey use give you reply o. I followed a family friend to the place last two years or so.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2023
If this is the only area of your application you would like to draw the attention of the ECO to, you can also just use the additional/extra information section on the Visa application itself. my suggestion would be to simplify it by doing the maths by providing the outstanding financing requirement and then show the distribution of the requirement per account you are presenting so the ECO knows exactly what to verify.

Didiama1:

imhopeful:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by peterbam(m): 8:00am On Jan 20, 2023
You can book online
Pick an appointment date and time ahead based on availability.
Not sure you can walk in and do the test.
Due to possible number of people (especially if its test for UK) plan to spend 3hrs or more.

Omobukkygmail:
I have a minor

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omobukkygmail(f): 8:43am On Jan 20, 2023
peterbam:
You can book online
Pick an appointment date and time ahead based on availability.
Not sure you can walk in and do the test.
Due to possible number of people (especially if its test for UK) plan to spend 3hrs or more.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omobukkygmail(f): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I'm not sure if you can book online or do it the same day

Nah dem dey give date wey you go come do the test.

Nah just base on the little knowledge I have about the place I dey use give you reply o. I followed a family friend to the place last two years or so.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HabbyY: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2023
wurry10:
Hello, please has anyone been debited for form A by Gtb recently and how long did it take please?

Also waiting for Gtbank to debit me.. I don’t even know if it will work or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by wurry10: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2023
HabbyY:

Also waiting for Gtbank to debit me.. I don’t even know if it will work or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by wurry10: 9:26am On Jan 20, 2023
[quote author=wurry10 post=120210643][/quote]
When did you initiate the transaction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didiama1: 9:46am On Jan 20, 2023
offwego:
If this is the only area of your application you would like to draw the attention of the ECO to, you can also just use the additional/extra information section on the Visa application itself. my suggestion would be to simplify it by doing the maths by providing the outstanding financing requirement and then show the distribution of the requirement per account you are presenting so the ECO knows exactly what to verify.

Thanks for this information, although the POF is for my school, just waiting for both account to mature so I can apply for Cas. My question is, since it's not for visa application I hope this won't lead to Cas denial or do I need do anything extra before submitting the POF to my school? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2023
[quote author=Omobukkygmail post=120203633]Pls kindly share ur experience at iom lagos for tb test
I have a minor
Can I walk in and do d test same day[/quote

You have to book online,go with prove of payment, phone with data, address of the school &postal code,int'l passports,an get to d venue early before your appointment time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by marshallkowope: 10:08am On Jan 20, 2023
Brp and collection
Thanks to everyone who helped me out
God bless you

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badassProdigy(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2023
@dduchess90
still thesame o, yet to get the collection mail. still at DMC. Is there anything else I can do?

dduchess90:
Hello

Wait it out for a collection mail

Congratulations

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omobukkygmail(f): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2023
[quote author=sentojames post=120211479][/quote]
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Madeforher(f): 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Madeforher:

Lol same with my hubby, got collection mail today, bio 7th January.. Ikeja TLS. No BRP mail, No refusal mail and no NSF as well. He will go collect tomorrow fingers cross, it will end in praise

Update
Hubby got his Brp letter this morning before he got to Tls..passport also picked up, vignette seating nicely on it. God is good. Please dependant applying after the main applicant is in uk, attach all evidences of money spent from your main applicant POF as you are submitting your application do not wait for NSF,because Some of the ECO might not ask and just deny if he or she notices the POF is not complete. Just a gentle reminder.
And God bless @dduchess90 and everyone contributing on this platform to help others. And those waiting for approval you will all testify

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Madeforher(f): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
Ebiwe:
BIO 7TH JAN. (STANDARD)
CENTER: TLS ABUJA
NO NSF
NO REFUSAL MAIL
NO BRP MAIL

MOVED TO VAC:19TH
COLLECTION MAIL :19TH

AM FEELING REALLY UNEASY�

How far have you gotten your Brp letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KekeLee24: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hi Enishit, have you visited the TLS centre yet? After receiving this same mail from the Sheffield team on Wednesday, I followed up yesterday with a paid mail and I got a response this morning that a decision has been made, though still on DMC on the tracker.

Enishit:

I got the mail since December 5th and nothing since then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2023
There should be no negative impact if your submission of the documents is towards the receipt of your CAS. The important part is you need to do the maths as already explained for whosoever is reviewing so they know what to confirm. As this is going to your school, just use the body of the email to do this.

Didiama1:

Thanks for this information, although the POF is for my school, just waiting for both account to mature so I can apply for Cas. My question is, since it's not for visa application I hope this won't lead to Cas denial or do I need do anything extra before submitting the POF to my school? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
@dduchess90

Good evening ma’am, I submitted my application 29th of December at ikeja priority, I didn’t receive any emails from ukvi except the apology emails after multiple escalations. I got a cas used email from my school this morning, does this mean decision has been made, and how soon should I be expecting a collection mail? Thank you in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.