Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1007413 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
Justpat:
Good morning everyone

Thanks to all who help out here with information especially @duchess and Gloryiah.

I want to start my testimony half way already.

After much forth and back with school,;

Got CAS finally on Dec 15th

Visa Application submitted fully Dec 16th

Dependant visa application submitted Dec 17th

Biometric appointment Dec 20th at Ikeja TLS

Priority service

Application moved to DMC Dec 20th

Application received by DMC Dec 21st

Update.

Sent paid mail after 6th work day without a decision on 31st Dec

UKVI responded on Jan 3rd that's it's awaiting a decision and escalated as target period for priority has passed

Got an NSF today at 10am saying more time is needed to decide my application.

To Be Continued.......Stay Tuned ���

The end must be Sweet by God's grace

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

First of all let me inform everyone that today is my birthday.

On 19th at midnight, I decided to write a very angry message to UKVI through paid email where I have been receiving same message that my application is awaiting decision.

Then in the morning of 20th, I got a reply that my record shows decision has been made. Na then I come calm down..lol

As God will have it, this morning at exactly 8:29am, my BRP Email dropped along with that of my dependant partner showing our visas were approved on 19th January.

As you can see from my half way testimony, my application was priority and bio was since Dec 20th.

Now the real deal is this...my course started January 9 and the last date for arrival is 23rd January which is tomorrow.

But I am not afraid because I was updating my school, both the International student Administration team and my course director. And they have extended my arrival date exceptionally.

I expect to get my passport back on or before Wednesday and travel over the weekend.

Documents submitted

CAS

TB certificate

Employment letters and employer reference letter to explain 17 years student gap

A letter of explanation for reason i decided to study in UK now, reason for my course and university. (This was to avoid any interview)

Bank Statement

Degree certificate and transcript

IELTS result

For my dependent partner, we submitted just our marriage certificate and my statement of account.

I knew it will end in praise despite the long wait and scare.

Finally, my appreciation goes to everyone one in the thread sharing knowledge and experience.

For anyone expecting, just remain calm and confident, it shall end well like my case.

27 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

If you aren't leaving the airport you won't need a transit visa

Cheers

Thank you so much for your response @dduchess90..
please I also noticed people barely use Turkish airline .. please I need a review on it because I’m thinking of flying with Turkish airline to Heathrow
Any reviews please

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Waoh...

Congratulations

Justpat:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

On 19th at midnight, I decided to write a very angry message to UKVI through paid email where I have been receiving same message that my application is awaiting decision.

Then in the morning of 20th, I got a reply that my record shows decision has been made. Na then I come calm down..lol

As God will have it, this morning at exactly 8:29am, my BRP Email dropped along with that of my dependant partner showing our visas were approved on 19th January.

As you can see from my half way testimony, my application was priority and bio was since Dec 20th.

Now the real deal is this...my course started January 9 and the last date for arrival is 23rd January which is tomorrow.

But I am not afraid because I was updating my school, both the International student Administration team and my course director. And they have extended my arrival date exceptionally.

I expect to get my passport back on or before Wednesday and travel over the weekend.

Documents submitted

CAS

TB certificate

Employment letters and employer reference letter to explain 17 years student gap

A letter of explanation for reason i decided to study in UK now, reason for my course and university. (This was to avoid any interview)

Bank Statement

IELTS result

For my dependent partner, we submitted just our marriage certificate and my statement of account.

Finally, my appreciation goes to everyone one in the thread sharing knowledge and experience.

For anyone expecting, just remain calm and confident, it shall end well like my case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abeysticks: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello house good morning , I am finding it difficult to get appointment at TLS Ikeja for my wife and child ,pls any way around this ,pls I need help urgently. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by diamondkutt: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
I have used Turkish Airlines Lagos to Manchester and they are good. Personally I would recommend them.

Ruth1212:

please I also noticed people barely use Turkish airline .. please I need a review on it because I’m thinking of flying with Turkish airline to Heathrow
Any reviews please

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
diamondkutt:
I have used Turkish Airlines Lagos to Manchester and they are good. Personally I would recommend them.

Nice..thank you so much .I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello

Congratulations

Cheers
Ayomidelabaeka5:
@dduchess90

Good morning ma, I finally got my brp mail early this morning and decision was made 19th. I’m so grateful for all your help. God has done it!

Biometrics at tls ikeja 29th of December, Priority. No NSF, No interview and no refusal. Baba God I thank you o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello

I have flown with them once and it was quite nice.

Cheers
Ruth1212:

Any reviews please

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello

If you fly BA then that's direct flight no transit

Cheers
atesun:

Does British Airline requires transit?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didiama1: 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
offwego:
There should be no negative impact if your submission of the documents is towards the receipt of your CAS. The important part is you need to do the maths as already explained for whosoever is reviewing so they know what to confirm. As this is going to your school, just use the body of the email to do this.

OK, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Marioboyz: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello, good day everyone. God bless you all.
I got a conditional offer to University of Debry, they won't accept my waec because the dob on my waec(2011) is 27/10/1995 while all other certificates is 1994 even though i attached an affidavit.
My question is can i attach my affidavit during visa application because i plan on ignoring the offer and wait for other schools as i cannot get IELTS ATM.
please i need a response. God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ruth1212:
Hello everyone
Pls does Turkish airline require transit visa?

I await your response ..Thank you
You don’t need a transit visa for Turkish Airlines so far you are not leaving the Instanbul Airport

I used it and it was a smooth ride
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
atesun:

Does British Airline requires transit?
British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are UK airlines, so they don’t transit anywhere

They fly from Lagos to UK direct and within a shorter time frame, about 12hrs

But expensive! Budget 1M upwards if you wanna use any of those airlines

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

I have flown with them once and it was quite nice.

Cheers

Good to hear..Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2023
JaySterling:
You don’t need a transit visa for Turkish Airlines so far you are not leaving the Instanbul Airport

I used it and it was a smooth ride

Nice ..Thank you so much,, I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abeysticks: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Good afternoon house pls answer my question ejo nitori olorun, I am finding it difficult to get appointment at TLS Ikeja for my wife and child ,pls any way around this ,pls I need help urgently. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Marioboyz: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
Please someone should reply
I really need answers please
Marioboyz:
I got a conditional offer to University of Debry, they won't accept my waec because the dob on my waec(2011) is 27/10/1995 while all other certificates is 1994 even though i attached an affidavit.
My question is can i attach my affidavit during visa application because i plan on ignoring the offer and wait for other schools as i cannot get IELTS ATM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by infosoftlife: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
Marioboyz:
I got a conditional offer to University of Debry, they won't accept my waec because the dob on my waec(2011) is 27/10/1995 while all other certificates is 1994 even though i attached an affidavit. Yes, you can.

What's their reason for not accepting the affidavit? Do you have DoB certificate? What's the DoB in your passport and Degree result?
What's the content of the affidavit? I would love to see a copy if you don't mind.
If applying for the fall session, you can approach WAEC to correct this mistake and reissue a new certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kingofthenorth: 5:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
Does Manchester metropolitan University accepts form A for payment of school fees? Pls i need a reply to this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Marioboyz: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
Yes i have Dob certificate although i didn't attach it, i onlt attached the affidavit. All other documebts including the passport is 1994, only the waec is 1995. I called waec and they said they don't correct dob mistakes anymore. It is May/june waecI would love to send to you. Please drop your email.
God bless you
infosoftlife:

What's their reason for not accepting the affidavit? Do you have DoB certificate? What's the DoB in your passport and Degree result?
What's the content of the affidavit? I would love to see a copy if you don't mind.
If applying for the fall session, you can approach WAEC to correct this mistake and reissue a new certificate.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
UPDATE PLS

Hello Houses.
I just tracked my application now after receiving a collection mail and I saw that it's jumped from Received by DMC to Received at VAC
I'm the dependant.
Please what should I expect please ?

Hello House,
I'm feeling real good this day with the hope the week will be full of good news for me AND EVERYONE HERE TOO.

Biometrics (Priority 16th January
Application Received By DMC 17th January
MA received an empty NSF 17th January

BRP Mail Today 22nd January

Waiting on the Collection Mail.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spicyopzy: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
Michaelkatunge:

Yes, it was the same POF we used..

Congratulations, did you guys use same POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by infosoftlife: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
kingofthenorth:
Does Manchester metropolitan University accepts form A for payment of school fees? Pls i need a reply to this. Thanks

Yes, they do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by infosoftlife: 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
Marioboyz:
Yes i have Dob certificate although i didn't attach it, i onlt attached the affidavit. All other documebts including the passport is 1994, only the waec is 1995. I called waec and they said they don't correct dob mistakes anymore. It is May/june waecI would love to send to you. Please drop your email.
God bless you

I sent you a mail, send me the document for a preview.
You can also upload it here and blur important information here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
dotedote:
Hello House,
I'm feeling real good this day with the hope the week will be full of good news for me AND EVERYONE HERE TOO.

Biometrics (Priority 16th January
Application Received By DMC 17th January
MA received an empty NSF 17th January

BRP Mail Today 22nd January

Waiting on the Collection Mail.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Good evening my good people

Cheaper Flight to Hulls without needs for transit visa

Urgent response please ??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hi,

Can you provide more context, so, we can advise appropriately? Any errors or have you rescheduled up to 3 times in the past?

abeysticks:
Good afternoon house pls answer my question ejo nitori olorun, I am finding it difficult to get appointment at TLS Ikeja for my wife and child ,pls any way around this ,pls I need help urgently. Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KekeLee24: 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
God is great!!! So happy for you and a happy birthday! Been offline for a while to reduce the mental stress regarding this application. I just checked my mail and got my BRP same time today as yours. God has done it.

Biometric- 14th of dec Ikeja Standard
Decision made on the 19th of January
BRP mail- 22nd of January.

Awaiting collection mail, also checking the tracker for it to move to VAC.

Congratulations to everyone, God is great and we will all surely smile.
Justpat:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Documents submitted

CAS

TB certificate

Bank Statement

IELTS result

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheyboy8: 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hello my everyone. I wanted to ask a question. If someone got a UK Tier 2(Healthcare worker) visa and maybe 2months in the UK he went for a U.S F1 student visa interview, will it be an issue at the US embassy during interview. Will the US visa officer not see it as a red flag?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Lochinny91: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
Good evening everyone! Pls must I stop at Heathrow? Must my POE be at Heathrow? I’m confused coz I wanted to book a flight to Newcastle and the one I’m seeing is going directly to Newcastle from Paris (Airfrance) is it okay if I and my dependents use it? It also has a short flight time. That’s why I’m also interested
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lochinny91:
Good evening everyone! Pls must I stop at Heathrow? Must my POE be at Heathrow? I’m confused coz I wanted to book a flight to Newcastle and the one I’m seeing is going directly to Newcastle from Paris (Airfrance) is it okay if I and my dependents use it? It also has a short flight time. That’s why I’m also interested

Hello

you will require a transit visa to use air france. so unless you have a schengen visa or passport of an EU country, USA visa ....you cant use that flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by peterbam(m): 2:36am On Jan 23, 2023
Good info.
Thank you.

Congratulations and enjoy your stay.

Stivinmesi:
My Sojourn to UK and POE Experience

Yho guys, I am presently in the UK.

I boarded Ethiopian Airline from Abuja. 2 Travelling Bags (23Kg each), one hand luggage (7Kg) , my Laptop Bag.

I wore two sweaters , one Winter Jacket and held the other Jacket just to reduce the scaled KG.

One of my 23Kg bags contained my clothes, shoes and the other 23Kg bag contained food stuffs and drugs (I bought different antibiotics as it is expensive in the UK and other drugs like Vitamin D(because of lack of sunlight), Paracetamol etc).

Ethiopian Airline is cool (5 hours stop over) but I will have loved to follow Egypt Airline (12 hours stop over but hotel accommodation and good food cool.

I choosed to travel weekend because I envisaged a good number will go for that option and so the Immigration Officers won't have the time to ask lots of questions.

Also the immigration officers In Abuja didn't give me headache, one even advised I use POS to deposit the Naira left with me since the old Naira will be out of circulation this year.

Journey started from Abuja to Addis Ababa. We waited for close to 7 hours before boarding the flight to London.

At Hearthrow Airport, my POE went this way:

1. Officer : What's your purpose in the UK
Me : For Study

2. Officer: What is your course of study
Me : I told him and also mentioned the name of my University.

3. Officer : Are you a new student ?
Me : Yes

4. Officer : Place your thumb over there. Then be stamped it.

PS :
1. Keep a smiling face when approaching any official you encounter in the course of your traveling. Also say hello when you approach them.

2. Your major hurdle is to carry those bags to any of the Airports in Nigeria. Once you have boarded, you shouldn't face any major challenge WRT that. There is a Bus station at the Airport and you can carry your luggage using Trolley.

3. There are ATM machines at the airport where you can withdraw pounds with your dollar card.

4. You will enjoy Free WiFi both at Ethiopia Airport and Hearthrow Airport.

5. Make plans for accomodation before leaving so as not to get stranded.

I wish you all luck cool.

The land of UK will favour us.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.