Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000391 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kingkom: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Gracias.
amorprincesa:
It will look like this👇
Maintenance 9,207 outside London
Dependant 6,120
Balance tuition 10,900

Total= £26,227 round off to £28,000 because of fluctuations.
So it's safe to say that 16M Naira will do, using Oanda rate for today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello
2*23kg check-in luggage, a cabin luggage 8-12kg and a laptop bag
Cheers

Good day, please, I need to pay an application fee on UCAS... Do you have any suggestion on how to go about it?

(It's for PGCE)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by djshegzy2022: 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
djshegzy2022:
good afternoon y’all, please I need the exact amount in dollars to pay for visa and ihs fee for a one year course, I’m seeing different price so I want to be sure oh here..

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
OvaSabi1:

How is the payment Made? Through a don account? How do people get pounds? Buy from black market or form A?

Yes, through domicilliary account. You buy from the black market.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OvaSabi1(f): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Mcleo007:

Yes, through domicilliary account. You buy from the black market.

Thank you for your response. Do you have an idea how much black market rate is?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hila12(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Good day, please, I need to pay an application fee on UCAS... Do you have any suggestion on how to go about it?

(It's for PGCE)

(1) Use a prepaid dollar/pound/euro card from your bank—you could approach your bank’s in-branch customer service to request for one. You would need to fund the card at the bank with dollar/pound/euro bought from black market. Once done, you could use it online for payment.

(2) If you already have a domiciliary account before now, you could request for a dollar/pound/euro debit card on that account at the bank. If you don’t have a domiciliary account you could open one and request for a debit card on the account. Once issued, you would need to fund your domicilary account if there’s no/not enough money in it. Once done, you could use the card online for payment.

(3) Another option is to get someone you trust abroad (like close family, friend) to login to your UCAS profile on your behalf and make the payment with their foreign card. This would involve compromising your UCAS login details to such person (at your own risk and discretion). This may also involve you meeting their agreed terms of rendering such assistance (e.g paying such equivalent into their naira account, or at an agreed interest etc)

You decide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hila12:

(1) Use a prepaid dollar/pound/euro card from your bank—you could approach your bank’s in-branch customer service to request for one. You would need to fund the card at the bank with dollar/pound/euro bought from black market. Once done, you could use it online for payment.

(2) If you already have a domiciliary account before now. You could request for a dollar/pound/euro debit card on that account at the bank. If you don’t have a domiciliary account you could open one and request for a debit card on the account. Once issued, you would need to fund your domicilary account if there’s no/not enough money in it. Once done, you could use the card online for payment.

(3) Another option is to get someone you trust abroad (like close family, friend) to login to your UCAS profile on your behalf and make the payment with their foreign card. This would involve compromising your UCAS login details to such person (at your own risk and discretion). This may also involve you meeting their agreed terms of rendering such assistance (e.g paying such equivalent into their naira account, or at an agreed interest etc)

You decide.

Thanks, I'll go with option 2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kingsleek26(m): 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2023
Have you seen anyone debited from UBA lately,? Because i don't understand again oo. How can you be on cue for 3 months,
Ugmama:

UBA takes 10-12 weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kingkom: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hila12:

(2) If you already have a domiciliary account before now, you could request for a dollar/pound/euro debit card on that account at the bank. If you don’t have a domiciliary account you could open one and request for a debit card on the account. Once issued, you would need to fund your domicilary account if there’s no/not enough money in it. Once done, you could use the card online for payment.

You decide.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sandra50(f): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2023
Are you going alone?don't you have a dependant?no you wouldn't meet up..getting a job alone as student will be very difficult.if you have a wife,she is the one that would have found a job easily without any stress and helped you.my cousin that went since December hasn't found a job yet.go with a dependant that can help you.lets say you don't get a job for 5 months how then will you cope?it's your dependant that would be working because as a student employers don't like to employ people that still study..take my advice so you don't get stranded there.im also applying but I'm going to do that with a dependant.
Davsidoo:
Hello guys,

The tuition fee in Derby is 14,900

The first deposit is 3000

I have 6m, it is going to be enough to take me from here to Derby with accommodation based on my calculations.

But my fear now is resumption is September

50% of the remaining tuition must be paid by OCT 1, 2023 and the rest 50% must be paid by January 1, 2024

My question now is, can I raise this funds over there with part time jobs based on these deadlines?

Getting 4950 by oct and another 4950 by January is really no joke

I don't want to get to the UK and get stranded and yet, I am so convinced that I need to go to the uk.

My course is DS btw so I believe getting a good paid job after school would not be an issue.

Please give me your advise Nairalanders

Thank you so much

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Loko40: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
Good evening all,

Please can I do TB test before getting an offer?

I understand one need to fill in the school address. I am wondering if it's possible to use another address in UK in place of the school address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Otitodilijesu: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Joshua62:

I live in Sunderland but study at Teesside University

I live in Darlington. Teeside University is in Middlesbrough but it will e nice if we could connect though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Otitodilijesu: 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kennyliga112:
I live in darlington..let’s connect, Am d only black man in my neighbourhood.. let connect

My brother, sorry for the late response. A work cause am. I also live in Darlington and it will be great to connect with you. I'm not working tomorrow and I live very close to the Train Station in Darlington. You could send me an email on revrendson@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by amorprincesa: 8:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yep
Kingkom:
Gracias.

So it's safe to say that 16M Naira will do, using Oanda rate for today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
kingsleek26:
Have you seen anyone debited from UBA lately,? Because i don't understand again oo. How can you be on cue for 3 months,

It's 3months bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Revolution84(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
kingsleek26:

I just got debited yesterday 11 weeks and 3days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Peterdapox: 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
sandra50:
Are you going alone?don't you have a dependant?no you wouldn't meet up..getting a job alone as student will be very difficult.if you have a wife,she is the one that would have found a job easily without any stress and helped you.my cousin that went since December hasn't found a job yet.go with a dependant that can help you.lets say you don't get a job for 5 months how then will you cope?it's your dependant that would be working because as a student employers don't like to employ people that still study..take my advice so you don't get stranded there.im also applying but I'm going to do that with a dependant.

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Revolution84(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
Pls how long does it take for bank to send telex
I've been debited for my form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davsidoo: 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
Flamezcadio:

-Hi, a friend of my currently schools there and from our discussions, the payment schedule is not as strict as you have on the website. They have more flexible plans you can explore when you join in.

P.S: Let other core students give you their own opinion on this to be super sure.
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davsidoo: 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2023
sandra50:

Thank you so much for this but I’m single man 😂😂

Me myself and I bro

Mehn, i know I’ll feel it but I know I can survive it man. I’m still trying to raise more money here before I eventually leave.

At least If tuition no be problem again, survival for one year go definitely dey easier right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bisi16(m): 12:33am On Mar 12, 2023
Davsidoo:

Me myself and I bro

Mehn, i know I’ll feel it but I know I can survive it man. I’m still trying to raise more money here before I eventually leave.

At least If tuition no be problem again, survival for one year go definitely dey easier right?

Bros, if you have the complete tuition fee, by all means do it. You go struggle but you won’t die. It’s only hunger and sleeping in train stations you go contend with till you get part time job, but if you don’t have complete tuition, I WARN you not to try it. School and home office go mess you up big time, if you never get high bp and depression, you fit get am by the time they start with you. Take the advice above and find either a spouse or complete tuition.

My candid advice.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 2:57am On Mar 12, 2023
[quote author=Otitodilijesu post=121661822][/quote]

Between Sunderland and Teesside, which is cheaper in accommodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Popularboy21: 4:08am On Mar 12, 2023
heykims:

If u don't mind please sir, can I get your contact to chat u on WhatsApp?
I just sent u a DM too. I'm having a lot of challenges with the Convera route of payment.
bro Please how did you successfully use the convera payment method please bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ollybae234: 5:01am On Mar 12, 2023
Good morning everyone.
I got unconditional offers in Swansea University and the University of Hull. Though Swansea's tuition is higher than Hull's...do you think there are more jobs available in Swansea than Hull? Cos I heard there are no jobs in Hull.
Pls I need your advice.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:24am On Mar 12, 2023
Hello.

It should be straightforward with your card details during application via UCAS

If you are still having challenges can you try to contact them through the numbers on the screenshot

Cheers

Yampotatocarrot:

(It's for PGCE)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2023
Popularboy21:
bro Please how did you successfully use the convera payment method please bro
I've not used it but about to.
I contacted my bank, they said I should get the quote for payment, then use it to initiate form A.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hila12(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2023
Revolution84:
Pls how long does it take for bank to send telex
I've been debited for my form A

Within two weeks at the very most. That you have been debited does not mean the school has been credited automatically. Debiting you allows the bank to implement the particular bid rate for pounds in exchange for your naira (internal procedure). Once rate is settled by the bank (shouldn’t take long) remittance would be done to the school.

Telex usually bears the rate at which the exchange was done. Until the rate is settled (fractional differences at most) your telex would be out second.

It could be out in 2 days, 3, 4, 5…but at most two weeks. Just keep checking your submitted email.

You probably already have an idea of what range in rate was used, by manual calculation. Is it 580 yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 7:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Please for those who had to provide WAEC result pin, how were you able to get the pin as I've checked stationeries in my area but to no avail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 8:53am On Mar 12, 2023
[quote author=Otitodilijesu post=121661894][/quote]check ur email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2023
bisi16:

Bros, if you have the complete tuition fee, by all means do it. You go struggle but you won’t die. It’s only hunger and sleeping in train stations you go contend with till you get part time job, but if you don’t have complete tuition, I WARN you not to try it. School and home office go mess you up big time, if you never get high bp and depression, you fit get am by the time they start with you. Take the advice above and find either a spouse or complete tuition.

My candid advice.

Exactly what I was trying to tell him earlier. The tuition fee is high plus the location, he won't get good paying jobs easily. He'd struggle real hard, unless of course if he has the full funds.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2023
Davsidoo:

Me myself and I bro

You have no clue what you are about to get yourself into, listen to pple warning now else you will be back here opening threads blaming everyone else apart from yourself. The school and Home Office will mess you up because they know this game as many have played it before

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.