Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1008751 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
Alex1975:
What is the advisable EXCHANGE rate to keep POF? 🙏

Keep an extra £1000 on your original total.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Napolito: 12:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Please which airline is advisable to travel in to UK ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 12:58am On Mar 14, 2023
@Duchess,
Will the amount for IHS surcharge reduce if dependants are applying say 3months after MA travel or will the IHS surcharge remain the same regardless of time of application?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Observer25: 1:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Quick question.
My cousin planning to enroll in university of Hull for Fall this year. My parents worried about the high crime rate there upon researching online? Anyone has any experience with that City? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 1:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Joshua62:

I stay in Sunderland and school at Teesside. In terms of accomodation, the prices aren't that far apart. But try to secure accommodation early enough cause that is another war on it's own.

But if you're looking at more job prospects live in Sunderland which is closer to Gateshead, Newcastle, Durham, Washington.

As regards Middlesbrough, it will be harder cause the influx of Nigerians to Middlesbrough is on the rise oooo.. Middlesbrough is a small place.

Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

If it does it will be quite small ,3months is not a lot of difference in terms of IHS fee

Cheers
jorez:
@Duchess,
Will the amount for IHS surcharge reduce if dependants are applying say 3months after MA travel or will the IHS surcharge remain the same regardless of time of application?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:43am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

It depends on your budget and how much time you have

BA is always the easiest but can be quite pricey

Cheers
Napolito:
Please which airline is advisable to travel in to UK ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:45am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

Use the Oanda exchange and leave room for fluctuations. Here's a link
https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/en/?from=NGN&to=GBP&amount=1

Cheers
Alex1975:
What is the advisable EXCHANGE rate to keep POF? 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

Dependant visa fee is £490.

Here's a link to confirm that
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Cheers

sandra50:
Please who can tell me how much a dependent visa cost for a wife?thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

It depends on your Uni requirements, most Uni's are happy with WAEC/NECO results and/or letter stating you have been previously taught in English

Check with your Uni

Cheers
ChiomaMC:
Pease NL
Must I write English test before I can get a UK student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:53am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

Not to derail the thread but a quick Google search on penalties for sham marriages in the Nigeria and UK will give you an idea of how bad it can go.

Cheers
sandra50:
What kind of problem if you don't mind explaining
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sandra50(f): 3:04am On Mar 14, 2023
Thanks dear
dduchess90:
Hello

Dependant visa fee is £490.

Here's a link to confirm that
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello

There's a lot you can provide

Let's start with accommodation

1. Provide evidence to show you are/have made suitable living arrangements for both kids, you have to consider age and gender. So minimum a 2bedroom space. You need to provide an evidence of the rent agreement/contract showing this

2. Nursery/School: Show evidence of identifying and contacting/concluding adequate nursery for the 2year old and school for your 13year old. With school it is the council's job to place them in schools closest to your home, but it may not be in every case.In most cases you can start this processes and even get a school allocated before they arrive, if you have done so provide the evidence. With Nursery and pending on your location you can reach out to them to confirm space,time,and cost, if you did so, provide the evidence of that

You may also include provisions you have made for school drop off and pick ups for the nursery, a 13year old can find their way home but this won't be immediate as he/she will need time to adjust to the surrounding.

3.Childcare for after nursery/school hours: Please note that kids of this age are not to be left alone so you need to provide evidence of any after school/nursery childcare arrangements you have made from an Ofsted childcare provider and/or sports clubs but the sports/extracurricular clubs wont work for the 2year old .

As a skilled worker/single mum you do work full time but if there are any evidence of hybrid/work from home fixed hours from your office to support being available for your kids please add that on as well

4.Health care: Provide evidence that you have identified/contacted the closest GP and will get them registered upon arriva

5. Remember to include a cover letter to discuss the documents/ your reasons and how the cost will be covered without need for recourse to public funds as you aren't entitled to anyway

These are just the basic evidence you can provide, you can add on extras as time goes on if you can

I hope it is easy to understand, it seems you have work to do in just 10days, hopefully you already have some of these evidence

Cheers
iby2k4us:
Here it is

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mudicua: 4:35am On Mar 14, 2023
Thank you for your insight.
I am honestly tired at this rate. Last week my brother did a mail to their office. The mail was delivered on Friday. We would have added the subtle threats and even get a lawyer to draft a letter.

Let's see what happens with that.
Again the 15 working days to wait ends by tomorrow. I am trying to be hopeful even though it is hard.

Thanks again. When I have any other concerns I will let you know.

dduchess90:
Hello

Apologies for the late response

I can't seem to see any message from TLs regarding your passport. Can I add that you should chase with UKVI again and TLS, add a bit of points to say how this has affected you emotionally and a subtle threat to say you are exploring legal options to get your passport back

You can draft it and post here if necessary,redact personal information and we can all advice

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by freshbillz15(m): 4:51am On Mar 14, 2023
gergemam:

Am contemplating on initiating my deposit , what is there payment plans and how strict are they to international students and getting a job in the city
What did you need about Teeside.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2023
Focus99:
Goodevening you all.

A TB test came out negative but showing "abnormal chest x-ray". The IOM doctor suggested the applicant see his own personal doctor tho. Will this abnormal chest x-ray affects his visa application by next month?

I have attached snaps of the TB result
I think it shouldn't be a bother. The reason for the Xray is to rule out tuberculosis and since it is confirmed it isn't TB, the result is fine. The reason for TB test is because the infection is communicable.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by biosamak: 8:35am On Mar 14, 2023
Focus99:
Goodevening you all.

A TB test came out negative but showing "abnormal chest x-ray". The IOM doctor suggested the applicant see his own personal doctor tho. Will this abnormal chest x-ray affects his visa application by next month?

I have attached snaps of the TB result

Hi pls how soon does it take for the test to come out will someone wait to collect it or next day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeteeperry: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2023
bamangar:
Hello, all, I have just been given MSc admission (conditional) by Teesside University for January intake. I am quite excited even though i am still waiting to hear from University of Salford and Uni Sunderland. I was given 14 days to do the necessary which is provide my School certificate and 4,000 pounds deposit.

For those in Teesside or knows about Teesside, How is the city of Middlebrough? Are there available jobs for students? How is is Teesside installmental payment plan?

thanks...

Please bamangar I am in this same predicament, did you later go to Teesside? Can I text you on your contact so I will know if I should accept the offer or advice on anything I can do?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by freshbillz15(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2023
I get conditional offer from teeside as well ...

Teeteeperry:

Please bamangar I am in this same predicament, did you later go to Teesside? Can I text you on your contact so I will know if I should accept the offer or advice on anything I can do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spiceeamiee(f): 9:31am On Mar 14, 2023
Please does Ethiopian airline require yellow fever card and Covid 19 Vaccination card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:09am On Mar 14, 2023
Observer25:
Quick question.
My cousin planning to enroll in university of Hull for Fall this year. My parents worried about the high crime rate there upon researching online? Anyone has any experience with that City? Thanks

Hull is a peaceful, lovely place. My children schooled there and had a wonderful time. There's nothing to worry about at all!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by benalvino3: 10:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Has Anyone who Applied for Form A been successful lately? My girlfriend is travelling to Australia, We have applied for almost a month and submitted the form electronically, there is no response from the system as of today, the initial 5000 naira debit has not been initiated. Why don't they let the Banks do it the way it was being done? this over regulation is really killing this country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeteeperry: 10:24am On Mar 14, 2023
freshbillz15:
I get conditional offer from teeside as well ...

I know, I got it too but I can only get my evidence of bachelors degree certificate in December and I am just with my statement of result. So I want to ask how you went about yours and did you get your CAS with just statement of result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ThomasJaeger: 10:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Good morning house,

I made a UK Tier 4 Visa Application in December 2022. Had my biometrics on 24th December and paid for priority service.
I used my brother's bank statement as proof of funds and everything else was intact. I indicated in the form that my father was late and that was why my brother is paying for my tuition and upkeep.
On 20th January, 2023, they wrote back and requested my father's Death Certificate and Legal proof that my brother is my legal guardian.
Unfortunately, we didn't file a death certificate when our father died and we were unsure of what legal proof was required to show my brother was taking care of me. On 7th February, I contacted them via call and subsequently via email to withdraw my visa application since I did not have the requested documents and I had ran out of time to report to school. My passport was returned on 14th February without a decision. However today, 14th March I still have not received an IHS refund(This is week 4 of passport return).
1. Do I write to request an IHS refund on withdrawn application? If so, how do I go about it?
2. In submitting a new application after requesting a new CAS, do I just transfer the adequate funds into my own bank account for 28 days and remake my application?
3. Can my visa be refused based on my previous withdrawal?
@dduches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Peterdapox: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Please UKVI call numbers are not going through,any other ways apart from mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by benalvino3: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Peterdapox:
Please UKVI call numbers are not going through,any other ways apart from mail.

you cannot call. that i know for sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ThomasJaeger: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2023
You would have to call +44 (0)300 790 6268. Have your debit card ready. You would be asked to key in your card details to be allowed to speak to a rep who cannot answer case specific queries. You would be billed GBP2.74 per minute so you have to talk fast and clearly. Good luck
Peterdapox:
Please UKVI call numbers are not going through, any other ways apart from mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eusp: 11:05am On Mar 14, 2023
Focus99:
How much is their deposit and how much is on enrollment?

2k pounds deposit.. No amount needed on enrollment, but you will set up a payment plan after enrollment.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by iby2k4us: 11:23am On Mar 14, 2023
Thanks so much for this information. I really appreciate
Can you please accept my private message request 🙏

dduchess90:
Hello

There's a lot you can provide

Let's start with accommodation

1. Provide evidence to show you are/have made suitable living arrangements for both kids, you have to consider age and gender. So minimum a 2bedroom space. You need to provide an evidence of the rent agreement/contract showing this

2. Nursery/School: Show evidence of identifying and contacting/concluding adequate nursery for the 2year old and school for your 13year old. With school it is the council's job to place them in schools closest to your home, but it may not be in every case.In most cases you can start this processes and even get a school allocated before they arrive, if you have done so provide the evidence. With Nursery and pending on your location you can reach out to them to confirm space,time,and cost, if you did so, provide the evidence of that

You may also include provisions you have made for school drop off and pick ups for the nursery, a 13year old can find their way home but this won't be immediate as he/she will need time to adjust to the surrounding.

3.Childcare for after nursery/school hours: Please note that kids of this age are not to be left alone so you need to provide evidence of any after school/nursery childcare arrangements you have made from an Ofsted childcare provider and/or sports clubs but the sports/extracurricular clubs wont work for the 2year old .

As a skilled worker/single mum you do work full time but if there are any evidence of hybrid/work from home fixed hours from your office to support being available for your kids please add that on as well

4.Health care: Provide evidence that you have identified/contacted the closest GP and will get them registered upon arriva

5. Remember to include a cover letter to discuss the documents/ your reasons and how the cost will be covered without need for recourse to public funds as you aren't entitled to anyway

These are just the basic evidence you can provide, you can add on extras as time goes on if you can

I hope it is easy to understand, it seems you have work to do in just 10days, hopefully you already have some of these evidence

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Peterdapox: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2023
ThomasJaeger:
You would have to call +44 (0)300 790 6268. Have your debit card ready. You would be asked to key in your card details to be allowed to speak to a rep who cannot answer case specific queries. You would be billed GBP2.74 per minute so you have to talk fast and clearly. Good luck

Number not going! Maybe I will ask my wife to call from uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nwachi22(f): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2023
IFSHR:

Still at branch level....visit the branch you choose after uploading the requested document ..so the adb at the branch can approve, then the supervisor will approve it, so u can move to disbursement stage..

So ADB_Disbursement status means that it has left branch level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.