Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000080 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bunmibum1: 5:07pm On May 21, 2023
Hi Duchess90,
Please I'd like to ask something. I graduated 2014 and completed NYSC by 2015. I started working December 2018 till date. I'm planning to apply for UK visa next week. I'd like to know if I have to submit any reference letter to cover for 2015-18 as regards what I was doing that period. Or just an employment verification letter from my current workplace 2018-present will suffice for my over 5years study gap.. thanks
duchess90:
Hello

1. The request is usually for study gaps above 5 years but just incase do you have an employement, confirmation or promotion letter? Any of that will suffice

2. Submit the registry certificate

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2023
In what is best described as a major immigration crackdown on foreign students, the United Kingdom is set to announce new restrictions that will most likely stop Nigerian students, other nationalities studying in the UK from bringing their families over.

This crackdown, according to an exclusive report by The Sun UK, will be announced this week.

The new UK Immigration policy, will see all masters students and many other post grads banned from bringing family over.

However, the ban will not apply to PHD students, whose courses usually last between 3 and 5 years and are very highly skilled, the UK media House reported.

This follows the reports that net migration into the UK has skyrocketed to 1 million with Tory MPs asking the Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, “to get a grip on the rocketing numbers.”

To get a hold of the climbing numbers, UK ministers are said to be expected to announce the immigration clampdown on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Sun reports that “Rishi Sunak is expected to come out fighting on immigration – pointing out they are figures he inherited as they date back to the year ending December 2022 – two months after he became PM.

“There has been an explosion in the number of people coming to Britain piggybacking on their relative’s student visa.

“Students brought 135,788 family members to Britain last year – nine times more than in 2019.

“Last year, 59,053 Nigerian students brought over 60,923 relatives.”

“We have got to get a grip,” a Tory MP told The Sun on Sunday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2023
heykims:
In what is best described as a major immigration crackdown on foreign students, the United Kingdom is set to announce new restrictions that will most likely stop Nigerian students, other nationalities studying in the UK from bringing their families over.

This crackdown, according to an exclusive report by The Sun UK, will be announced this week.

The new UK Immigration policy, will see all masters students and many other post grads banned from bringing family over.

However, the ban will not apply to PHD students, whose courses usually last between 3 and 5 years and are very highly skilled, the UK media House reported.

This follows the reports that net migration into the UK has skyrocketed to 1 million with Tory MPs asking the Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, “to get a grip on the rocketing numbers.”

To get a hold of the climbing numbers, UK ministers are said to be expected to announce the immigration clampdown on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Sun reports that “Rishi Sunak is expected to come out fighting on immigration – pointing out they are figures he inherited as they date back to the year ending December 2022 – two months after he became PM.

“There has been an explosion in the number of people coming to Britain piggybacking on their relative’s student visa.

“Students brought 135,788 family members to Britain last year – nine times more than in 2019.

“Last year, 59,053 Nigerian students brought over 60,923 relatives.”

“We have got to get a grip,” a Tory MP told The Sun on Sunday.
How about this news?
Duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:42pm On May 21, 2023
Hello

Until it is announced and updated on Gov.UK website it is still a rumour

Will there be changes Yes but until then keep doing what you are doing and fast

Cheers
heykims:

How about this news?
Duchess90

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:43pm On May 21, 2023
Hello

If you only started working in 2018 then that's fine, submit the employement letter you have from your current employment

Cheers
Bunmibum1:
Hi Duchess90,
Please I'd like to ask something. I graduated 2014 and completed NYSC by 2015. I started working December 2018 till date. I'm planning to apply for UK visa next week. I'd like to know if I have to submit any reference letter to cover for 2015-18 as regards what I was doing that period. Or just an employment verification letter from my current workplace 2018-present will suffice for my over 5years study gap.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hyzich(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2023
thenny312:
I plan on bringing my wife next month but I’m hearing that the UK wants to ban dependents from coming in.

I don’t know how true this is.

@duches90 Have heard anything ?
It's still a rumour but do it fast
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bamangar: 6:14pm On May 21, 2023
sleekier:

Oh my goodness, this small bottle of action bitter is £8 here.

Like seriously? Hmmm mmm...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Episte: 7:09pm On May 21, 2023
Hi Nairaland,

please about this POF, i still want you to clarify vividly to me. please explain. I have my proof of fund which is going to mature in 2days time that is my 28days is going to be completed in 2 days time. I would be printing out my POF 2days time. But my university is asking for my POF first before issuing my CAS. And it's going to take like one week for me to get my CAS from my university before i apply for my visa. My visa fee is ready but the university would be delaying me for a whole week to issue my CAS. This means a week is in between my printing out of my POF and applying for my visa.

Now the question is, would i still wait for another 28days again to print another POF before i apply for my visa or i should use the first print out of my POF i sent to my university to apply for my visa.

please nairaland clarify....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dygeasy(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2023
cyberdurable:

My BRP just drop!
brilliant! Congratulations 🎊

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dygeasy(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2023
Episte:
Hi Nairaland,

please about this POF, i still want you to clarify vividly to me. please explain. I have my proof of fund which is going to mature in 2days time that is my 28days is going to be completed in 2 days time. I would be printing out my POF 2days time. But my university is asking for my POF first before issuing my CAS. And it's going to take like one week for me to get my CAS from my university before i apply for my visa. My visa fee is ready but the university would be delaying me for a whole week to issue my CAS. This means a week is in between my printing out of my POF and applying for my visa.

Now the question is, would i still wait for another 28days again to print another POF before i apply for my visa or i should use the first print out of my POF i sent to my university to apply for my visa.

please nairaland clarify....
You can use the same POF and statement as long as you're applying for your visa within 30 days of printing the statement out and the funds in your account has not gone lower than the financial requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Harmony63: 7:28pm On May 21, 2023
A spouse will be rounding up his masters in UK by December

We decided to move to Canada through study and he applied to a Canadian college and got admission for may session. We decided he do the application and biometric in UK because we feel it might be faster to get a decision

1. Is it possible to apply from UK? Won't it raise a red flag

If there is another that have migrated to Canada through UK should please enlighten us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 7:31pm On May 21, 2023
Hello

You can apply and move from anywhere in the world including the UK

Cheers
Harmony63:
A spouse will be rounding up his masters in UK by December

We decided to move to Canada through study and he applied to a Canadian college and got admission for may session. We decided he do the application and biometric in UK because we feel it might be faster to get a decision

1. Is it possible to apply from UK? Won't it raise a red flag

If there is another that have migrated to Canada through UK should please enlighten us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Episte: 7:39pm On May 21, 2023
Dygeasy:
You can use the same POF and statement as long as you're applying for your visa within 30 days of printing the statement out and the funds in your account has not gone lower than the financial requirements.

thanks Dygeasy......
cos i was thinking it's immediately after that 28days, you are going to apply for your visa. now i understand, if it is within 30days after i print out my POF statement, i have no issues with that cos my university would be sending my CAS letter within a week i.e 7 days time.
thanks once again Dygeasy for the explanation, i really appreciate it.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dygeasy(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2023
Episte:

thanks Dygeasy......
cos i was thinking it's immediately after that 28days, you are going to apply for your visa. now i understand, if it is within 30days after i print out my POF statement, i have no issues with that cos my university would be sending my CAS letter within a week i.e 7 days time.
thanks once again Dygeasy for the explanation, i really appreciate it.....
no worries. I'm glad you're clear now.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tenderjunkie: 9:07pm On May 21, 2023
Ibodlauren01:

Jan 11
Please do you know if there's a limit to how much UBA pays currently on form A?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bunmibum1: 11:08pm On May 21, 2023
Hello duchess90

Thanks for the reply.

[¹quote author=duchess90 post=123277704]Hello

If you only started working in 2018 then that's fine, submit the employement letter you have from your current employment

Cheers [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gacacia9: 11:56pm On May 21, 2023
This thread back in the day ehn...

Thank God for everything smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 1:46am On May 22, 2023
Hello House
@dduchess please this is for you.
It is true that dependent kids wouldn't be given visas after 6 months their mom got visa and moved into UK with her student visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:32am On May 22, 2023
Hello

No it isn't true

At the moment she is entitled to bring her child dependant

It is important to make the application before the current visa expires and before she applies for post study visa if that is the route she chooses to follow.

Leave ample time to do so incase there are delays.In my opinion target minimum 3months towards the end of her current visa.

If she chooses the skilled workers route after study, she can bring her child dependant any time

Cheers
dotedote:
Hello House
@dduchess please this is for you.
It is true that dependent kids wouldn't be given visas after 6 months their mom got visa and moved into UK with her student visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SandyDandy: 5:55am On May 22, 2023
Good morning to everyone here

Please has anyone use Microfinance bank account Statement and got PPR this year?
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by daram007: 6:26am On May 22, 2023
Hello guys,
I saw recommended for rejection on my Form A, they said attach letter of authority and I just attached it. Do I still stand a chance of getting debited soon or it will start from the beginning? Pls anyone with vital information, the bank is Ecobank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 6:34am On May 22, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
You don't have to be scared. We started this year with this news and people still got visa with their dependents last week. Anything you don't see on ukvi website is still a future plan.
exactly....one thing about UK is that except the situation is critical, they don't usually bring up a rule that will apply immediately, so even if it will be true, they might make it effective from next year, considering the fact that people have already gotten admission and have planned UK in their journey.
e get people weh deh benefit from the immigration thing, and they won't want it to stop especially during this peak season of them raking money.
scholarship bodies will be affected as for those who have granted their chosen students...so many things will be affected if they implement it this year....so most likely no be this year. implementation go start even if news come out tomorrow... ponpki...rhelax y'all🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 6:37am On May 22, 2023
who deh go BGU make we connect, Bishop Grosette University...they said deposit is non-refundable...do I look like charity foundation? are they for real? non-refundable...no nah..dem deh play ni
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sleekier(m): 6:42am On May 22, 2023
SandyDandy:
Good morning to everyone here

Please has anyone use Microfinance bank account Statement and got PPR this year?
God bless you

I used a Microfinance bank Pof last yr for my cas and visa.
You can used them as long as they are listed under the CBN website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OsiEnterprise4: 7:27am On May 22, 2023
Hello house, outside the Form A rate, which other method of payment that has dissame exchange rate with form A? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 7:53am On May 22, 2023
with this fx madness with form a please how can one make payment with dollars in his dorm account.
should one work into the bank and show them the invoice or just demand for debit card from the bank and will that card be allowed to pay pounds of over 6000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 8:01am On May 22, 2023
daram007:
Hello guys,
I saw recommended for rejection on my Form A, they said attach letter of authority and I just attached it. Do I still stand a chance of getting debited soon or it will start from the beginning? Pls anyone with vital information, the bank is Ecobank.

Are you at reviewer disbursement stage ? Or what stage are you ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 8:03am On May 22, 2023
fastseo:
with this fx madness with form a please how can one make payment with dollars in his dorm account.
should one work into the bank and show them the invoice or just demand for debit card from the bank and will that card be allowed to pay pounds of over 6000

Fund your Dom account with the sufficient Amount ...fill the transfer form at the bank branch...ensure you have the correct details of the beneficiary (school account details)....it's better done in the morning ..if successful..your school will get it in less than 48Hrs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 8:06am On May 22, 2023
OsiEnterprise4:
Hello house, outside the Form A rate, which other method of payment that has dissame exchange rate with form A? Thanks

None....except you have someone in CBn that will give your dollar or pounds at government rate....formA is the cheapest form....don't fall for online scammer promising to pay your fee at subsidized rate....the scammer will do that with a stolen card , the payment might go through, but your school will surely flag it and your admission will be withdrawn...so be careful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.