Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1024637 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by DelCrux: 8:49pm On May 26, 2023
Wolverhampton is good but a mission process is very slow, try south wales, Robert Gordon uni, uni of Bolton, and herriot watts uni
Withhim:

Thanks a lot, but how can I know which to apply with this is a lot to scan from, someone told me to apply for University Of Wolverhampton, please anyone with ideas about University Of Wolverhampton and admission rate considering my grades
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OsiEnterprise4: 8:58pm On May 26, 2023
Atunrayo:

I have paid with Convera.
My bank made the payment before the end of the day and it took Convera about a day to send the money to the school.
However, it will take a while to hear back from the school. But some schools generally advise to use Convera

What was the rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fematcommand: 9:11pm On May 26, 2023
Is too much oo..kilode
atesun:
Wow, this tax Clearance no be beans at all. Finally got mine at express rate costing 250k within 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adeblow(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2023
Atunrayo:

My bank made the payment before the end of the day and it took Convera about a day to send the money to the school.
However, it will take a while to hear back from the school. But some schools generally advise to use Convera
Please what is their rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 9:56pm On May 26, 2023
OsiEnterprise4:

What was the rate?
You'll have to buy the USD or the currency you're paying with then the to the bank .

However, 3k GBP was like 3808USD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by harley4: 10:23pm On May 26, 2023
Atunrayo:

Thanks for your response.

Did you go to the bank to make the payment? I think with my debit card, I should be able to do it.

How long did it take to hear from the school?

I want to pay my deposit to university of Hertfordshire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OsiEnterprise4: 10:52pm On May 26, 2023
Atunrayo:

You'll have to buy the USD or the currency you're paying with then the to the bank .

However, 3k GBP was like 3808USD.

So you bought 3808USD in black market?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OsiEnterprise4: 10:54pm On May 26, 2023
[quote author=OsiEnterprise4 post=123390817]

So you bought 3808USD in black market and take the dollar to the Bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:26am On May 27, 2023
Hello

Employment and promotion letters are absolutely fine

Cheers
LiftedMan:
Hello @dduchess90,

1. In other to account for my study gap( +5 years ), will my employment letter and promotion letters suffice? I don't want to ask my company for references letter.

2. I finished school in 2015 and didn't get a job until 2017 that's like over 1 year I can't account for, will that be an issue when it comes to study gap?

3. Is it compulsory or advisable I add my CV to my application( study visa)?

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:26am On May 27, 2023
Hello

Yes you can run your account as normal

Ensure you keep evidence of those transfers

Cheers
AlayeKondogbia:
Good day, @dduchess90 and everyone.

I have two bank accounts, and I'm using one for my POF.

Is it advisable to send money from my other account into the account im using for my Proof of funds while waiting for the 28 days to pass by? If so, can I do that repeatedly? This is because the activities on the account isn't as much as the other.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:28am On May 27, 2023
Hello

No,

You can if your dependant gets a sponsored job.

Cheers
Holashikemi:
Hello to y’all
Please about the new rule of student crossing from student visa to work visa. Does it mean a student cannot cross to a dependent visa if my dependent get a sponsorship job?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 6:25am On May 27, 2023
Simplezart:
Pls who knows if zenith bank has debited form A for this week
something 9th March
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 6:26am On May 27, 2023
Otuegbe:
I am finding it difficulty to access Form A portal. An online friend promise to assist me. after giving him my BVN he is now asking me for the OTP to complete the form.,but am afraid.
Can OTP generated from Form A used to remove money from my bank.

I need advice

use your computer if phone browser refuse
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 8:45am On May 27, 2023
harley4:

Thanks for your response.

Did you go to the bank to make the payment? I think with my debit card, I should be able to do it.

How long did it take to hear from the school?

I want to pay my deposit to university of Hertfordshire.

If you choose to pay with naira, you can use a visa card but the transaction will not go through. I even emailed convera to confirm.

So the next action was to pick a different currency either Euro, GBP or USD.
I picked USD because I had some USD in my account.

But if you pick it, it will prompt you to generate an instruction that you can either print and take to your bank or you can make the transfer from your mobile or online banking yourself.

I decided to go to the bank because I didn't wanna hear stories.

However, at the bank they'll tell you that since you're making a transfer, you can only transfer the money that was transfered in.

So when buying any foreign currency, tell the buyer to transfer to your account.

DO NOT DEPOSIT!
If you deposit, they will not be able to do the transaction because according to CBN inflow can only be transferred. Deposit can not be transfered.

Unless you transfer the money to another person using the same account after you deposit and then you transfer back.
Just save yourself the stress and make sure the money is transferred in from the beginning.

Convera got back to me within a day that they had processed the transaction. However, my school is yet to get back to me - they said confirmation takes days.

But if you get the success email, then you can be sure that they'll see your cash.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 8:46am On May 27, 2023
[quote author=OsiEnterprise4 post=123390840][/quote]

I did transfers since you can only transfer the amount that was transfered in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 8:47am On May 27, 2023
Atunrayo:
Hi everyone,

Did anyone here apply to Nottingham Trent University for the September intake.
I have the following questions:

1. Did you pay through convera and how long did it take for the school to confirm your payment?
2. Please have you gotten your cas and how long after confirmation did it take.

I paid via convera and convera says the money has been sent to the school. However, ntu is yet to confirm my payment or reply my mail.

Please kindly provide answers if you have any. Thank you🙏

Please if you have answers to this, I'll be glad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ShindaraOla(f): 9:21am On May 27, 2023
Hi everyone, I want to know if Bournemouth University has started issuing CAS. I got a mail that my CAS will be issued this week, but up till now it has not been sent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 10:21am On May 27, 2023
Atunrayo:

If you choose to pay with naira, you can use a visa card but the transaction will not go through. I even emailed convera to confirm.

But if you pick it, it will prompt you to generate an instruction that you can either print and take to your bank or you can make the transfer from your mobile or online banking yourself.

However, at the bank they'll tell you that since you're making a transfer, you can only transfer the money that was transfered in.

So when buying any foreign currency, tell the buyer to transfer to your account.

DO NOT DEPOSIT!
If you deposit, they will not be able to do the transaction because according to CBN inflow can only be transferred. Deposit can not be transfered.

Unless you transfer the money to another person using the same account after you deposit and then you transfer back.
Just save yourself the stress and make sure the money is transferred in from the beginning.

Convera got back to me within a day that they had processed the transaction. However, my school is yet to get back to me - they said confirmation takes days.

But if you get the success email, then you can be sure that they'll see your cash.
I think the point of do not deposit is wrong. I deposited
3k dollar to my dorm acct and I transferred to convera account immediately last week.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 10:24am On May 27, 2023
Atunrayo:

DO NOT DEPOSIT!

Chai na wa oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2023
Atunrayo:
Hi everyone,

Did anyone here apply to Nottingham Trent University for the September intake.
I have the following questions:

1. Did you pay through convera and how long did it take for the school to confirm your payment?
2. Please have you gotten your cas and how long after confirmation did it take.

I paid via convera and convera says the money has been sent to the school. However, ntu is yet to confirm my payment or reply my mail.

Please kindly provide answers if you have any. Thank you🙏

Hello Greetings,

I'm going to NTU as well this September. The school will confirm your payment and issue CAS in less than 2 weeks.
My CAS got to me less than 24 hours after confirmation of payment.

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dejol88: 12:02pm On May 27, 2023
Please read.

If you don’t have sound or surest way of stay back option abort coming to the UK. The system is on the reset and they committed to send people back with all available means.
The famous tier 2 will Become harder to get going forward with the planned implementation of higher salary threshold.
Sad reality, jobs are harder to get let’s not even talk about housing and utilities cost.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Keemy88(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2023
You either see a glass cup of water half empty or half full.
The choice is yours.

dejol88:
Please read.

If you don’t have sound or surest way of stay back option abort coming to the UK. The system is on the reset and they committed to send people back with all available means.
The famous tier 2 will Become harder to get going forward with the planned implementation of higher salary threshold.
Sad reality, jobs are harder to get let’s not even talk about housing and utilities cost.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dejol88: 1:50pm On May 27, 2023
Keemy88:
You either see a glass cup of water half empty or half full.
The choice is yours.

Well I respect your opinion about how you view my submission and current realities.

But for others, I suggest they look elsewhere which has more prospects than the UK at the moment.Paying so much fees, and not been able to recoup investment can lead to depressions.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by StandardBuilder(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2023
dukeofmilan19:
Hey guys... Please I've been trying all day to book an appointment via the IOM website for a TB test, but whenever I enter Nigeria as the departure country, UK doesn't come out in the list of Destination countries.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

If your destination is UK, You have to book an appointment via another website
appointmentnigeria.iom.int

If you are having issues scheduling your appointment date in Lagos after booking, send a MAIL with the following information :
• Scanned copy of your international passport
• Valid phone number
• Country of destination
• Preferred date
to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Good luck ……….

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 3:06pm On May 27, 2023
Kassidy4luv:

Hello Greetings,

I'm going to NTU as well this September. The school will confirm your payment and issue CAS in less than 2 weeks.
My CAS got to me less than 24 hours after confirmation of payment.

All the best

Thank you for the reply.
I'll exercise more patient then.

Although did you send them any mail after you paid?
Or you just waited for them to reach out themselves?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Backpedal: 5:47pm On May 27, 2023
dejol88:

Well I respect your opinion about how you view my submission and current realities.

But for others, I suggest they look elsewhere which has more prospects than the UK at the moment.Paying so much fees, and not been able to recoup investment can lead to depressions.
Two years should be enough to recoup investment in your post graduate studies fees

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Holashikemi(f): 6:40pm On May 27, 2023
Good evening to y’all
Please this is kind of urgent
I made a transfer payment to iom account and my appointment status is still pending and saying Unpaid. Note the appointment will cancel if it doesn’t change to paid within 24hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EconFinance: 7:51pm On May 27, 2023
Hello everyone

I just got a conditional offer and as part of the conditions; it stated that I need to get a waec scratch card

Please house; how can I get this scratch card online; as I was made to believe that it is no longer the physical scratch card that is being used

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Snoobor(m): 9:48pm On May 27, 2023
Good day my fellow Nairalanders, pls I need a room in a shared house in London.

Check in date is 7th of June
Budget is £600 with all bills inclusive.

Thanks & I hope to get a positive response here soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EconFinance: 10:03pm On May 27, 2023
EconFinance:
Hello everyone

I just got a conditional offer and as part of the conditions; it stated that I need to get a waec scratch card

Please house; how can I get this scratch card online; as I was made to believe that it is no longer the physical scratch card that is being used

Thank you

Update
To whom it may be beneficial to; I was able to get this scratch card on the remita platform

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OsiEnterprise4: 10:25pm On May 27, 2023
EconFinance:
Hello everyone

Thank you

https://naijaresultpins.com/

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.