Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1009458 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by aiadewale: 12:28am On Jun 15, 2023
Please is it compulsory for the dependant to submit consent to use POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fastseo: 1:30am On Jun 15, 2023
Glodmovick:

As stated on the offer letter is 8000p

But then the minimum deposit is 5000p
that's cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Mention @duchess90 mimilyrics and other experienced contributors
TARAANDPETS:
After undergoing my TB test, my new passport was issued, resulting in a different passport number. However, the TB test record still shows my old passport number. Can I proceed with my visa application using the TB test result despite this discrepancy?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 1:57am On Jun 15, 2023
duchess90 mimilyrics I want to ask, with this exchange rate dropping daily, if I submit my POF, when is it checked and verified with the Oanda rate? Is it during submission of my visa application or during my biometrics? Because e fit short on its own ooo later on due to the rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 1:57am On Jun 15, 2023
This will be the present situation for majority... experienced gurus pls advice
BNLHealthcare:
Hi Gurus in the house. Please, I need your advice.
My sister has received her CAS and is on the verge of applying for vIsa. But the problem is her POF is due and the money is enough till yesterday when the exchange rate went up. So the money in her account might not be enough due to changes in exchange rate. We have applied for a visa but have not paid for IHS nor submitted the Visa application. What is the best way to handle this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:40am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

If the POF is in the MAs account then Yes

If it is in the dependant 's account then No

Cheers
aiadewale:
Please is it compulsory for the dependant to submit consent to use POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:43am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

Increase the deposit paid to your Uni and request for an updated CAS

That will balance out the difference.

Oanda rate will always apply on the day you submit your application (pay your IHS and visa fees)

Cheers
BNLHealthcare:
Hi Gurus in the house. Please, I need your advice.
My sister has received her CAS and is on the verge of applying for vIsa. But the problem is her POF is due and the money is enough till yesterday when the exchange rate went up. So the money in her account might not be enough due to changes in exchange rate. We have applied for a visa but have not paid for IHS nor submitted the Visa application. What is the best way to handle this?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:44am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

You should be able to proceed with it

A cover letter to highlight this will be useful.

Option 2 will be to amend it at the TB centre. I think you will have to pay for it

Cheers
TARAANDPETS:
After undergoing my TB test, my new passport was issued, resulting in a different passport number. However, the TB test record still shows my old passport number. Can I proceed with my visa application using the TB test result despite this discrepancy?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:47am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

The Oanda rate used will be the day you submit your application (pay your IHS and visa fees).That is your application date

If there are concerns about exchange rates, you might want to consider paying more deposit to your Uni to balance out the difference

Cheers

Superex:
duchess90 mimilyrics I want to ask, with this exchange rate dropping daily, if I submit my POF, when is it checked and verified with the Oanda rate? Is it during submission of my visa application or during my biometrics? Because e fit short on its own ooo later on due to the rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by atesun: 2:48am On Jun 15, 2023
New bank rate is not showing on Oando. Please where can I get updated pounds/Naira rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:53am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

It's 586.65 as at today

Here's a link to check

https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/en/?from=GBP&to=NGN&amount=1

Cheers
atesun:
New bank rate is not showing on Oando. Please where can I get updated pounds/Naira rate?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justjify(m): 3:00am On Jun 15, 2023
Is CBN announcement of unification of FX windows likely to ease the FORM A wahala? ๐Ÿค”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Episte: 3:07am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello guys, kindly see the attached. The browser i am using is Google chrome. Please I was trying to pay for my IHS and visa, just saying declined. My dollar card is GTB.

What should I do ooo?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Shaffy001: 5:21am On Jun 15, 2023
Please to gurus in the building
Am about uploading all my documents in tls as self service.
Nysc certificate falls under which category, TB test and checklist....is it right to put them under category of "others"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abuhusna1: 5:50am On Jun 15, 2023
TARAANDPETS:

I need advice on this please ๐Ÿ™
You can use your new passport
Your old passport number is also on your new passport do no need to panic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 6:02am On Jun 15, 2023
Pls @ duchess no attend to my question since yesterday; Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 5:53pm On Jun 14
Please expert, how much do I need to show in my spouse POF account with a child who want to come over? Please ๐Ÿ™
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imolemiimole: 6:33am On Jun 15, 2023
Good morning @dduchess @mimilyrics @justwise and every other pro in the houseโ€ฆ. With the current exchange rate issue in the country and as oanda rate keeps increasing. I have two questions please:
1) will this new oanda rate affect people who have applied for visa already since last week and only waiting for their biometric date?
2) People whose pof maturity date is tomorrow, can they add about 300k to it or itโ€™ll be termed lump sum?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 7:17am On Jun 15, 2023
Ur questions have been answered, read 1-2page โช
imolemiimole:
Good morning @dduchess @mimilyrics @justwise and every other pro in the houseโ€ฆ. With the current exchange rate issue in the country and as oanda rate keeps increasing. I have two questions please:
1) will this new oanda rate affect people who have applied for visa already since last week and only waiting for their biometric date?
2) People whose pof maturity date is tomorrow, can they add about 300k to it or itโ€™ll be termed lump sum?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2023
I'm co-asking, No I don't think it has been answered 1-2 pages back.
Fine, duchess90 advised paying part of school fees and asking for updated CAS statement from school which is quite on point.
Now, imolemiimole is asking a peculiar case where POF matures tomorrow (same with me), paying some part to school at this point may not be an option cos we know even with BM rate, before the school confirms and acknowledges and all (with them not easily accessible now), one will expect that to be all confirmed from the school minimum 4 working days.

The question again is, is it possible to deposit about 200 to 300k into the account, and then probably writing in a cover letter to explain the deposit (a day to the end of 28days cycle) if it is going to be termed "lump sum"

Pls guys what do you think? Duchess, justwise, mimilyrics

headofschool:
Ur questions have been answered, read 1-2page โช

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Adave97:
Visa alert!!!!!
Thank God !
My sincere gratitude to duchess, Mimilyrics, matrixreloaded and all other gurus in this forum . God bless you all.

Family of 3.

No paid mail, no paid calls

CAS: 28/04/2023

POF 04/05/2023 - 01/06/2023 (29 days)

Visa Application: 02/06/2023

Biometric: 06/06/2023

Paid for Flexi Biometric appointment Walk-in with 2 dependents.

Transferred to DMC: 06/06/2023(all applicants)

Received by DMC: 07/06/2023(all applicants)

MA got empty NSF mail: 07/06/2023

Two dependents got empty NSF: 07/06/2023

BRP mails dropped for all Applicants on 11/06/2023 stating that visa application was successful!!! ๐Ÿ“Œ๐Ÿ“Œ๐Ÿ“Œ

Meanwhile, decision was made since on 08/06/2023 for all Applicants as dated on the BRP mails.

12th June , 2023 was public holiday ( so I'm not sure TLSIKEJA worked on that day )๐Ÿ˜„

Transferred to VAC: 13/06/2023

Received by VAC: 13/06/2023

Collection mails for all applicants:13/06/2023

Visas/passports collected for all applicants to the glory of God Today: 14/06//2023 via DHL courier services.

Documents uploaded;
MA:
CAS
Transcript
Degree Certificate
NECO certificate
English proficiency letter (not listed on cas letter though)
POF
Data page
TB certificate
NYSC certificate
Employment letters and promotions letters.

Reference letters from work and academic
Work ID
CV

Family Pictures (44 copies 22 each in one pdf files)

Dependent partner:
Her Data page
POF ( MA account)
TB certificate
Consent letter to use my POF
Home office consent form (page 1 & 3 signed last page 3 for her)
Her NIN
Court and Church wedding certificates
Sworn Affidavit for proof of union

wedding invitation banner

Change of name publication

Sworn Affidavit for change of name

Family pictures (44 pages in 22 each in one pdf file)

Chid dependant:
Data page

TB certificate

POF

Consent letter to use my POF
Home office consent form (page 1 & 3 I filled and signed for him)

Birth certificate

Parental consent letter(signed by me and wifey)

Family pictures (54 pages in 27 each in one pdf file)

I pray for everyone ๐Ÿ™ still awaiting goodnews for a favourable answer from God. It shall be well ....

๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚
Congratulations!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Joyjames008: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
Fraih:

๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations so excited am next in line.
Please can share a sample of the consent letter for child dependant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

Yes that will be lump sum plus it doesn't meet the criteria of having the required funds for minimum 28days, it will mean the required funds were only met in a day.

Your POF maturing doesn't mean you have to submit your application same day

Wait and sort out the difference, pay an extra fee deposit and request an updated CAS

Or pay for your accommodation and provide the evidence of that plus cover letter to explain the difference

A 4days to 1week wait is better than a refusal

Cheers
Fraih:

I'm co-asking, No I don't think it has been answered 1-2 pages back.
Fine, duchess90 advised paying part of school fees and asking for updated CAS statement from school which is quite on point.
Now, imolemiimole is asking a peculiar case where POF matures tomorrow (same with me), paying some part to school at this point may not be an option cos we know even with BM rate, before the school confirms and acknowledges and all (with them not easily accessible now), one will expect that to be all confirmed from the school minimum 4 working days.

The question again is, is it possible to deposit about 200 to 300k into the account, and then probably writing in a cover letter to explain the deposit (a day to the end of 28days cycle) if it is going to be termed "lump sum"

Pls guys what do you think? Duchess, justwise, mimilyrics

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

Can you screenshot the page you are looking at??

You don't need to upload the checklist, that is for you to sign at TLS

Cheers
Shaffy001:
Please to gurus in the building
Am about uploading all my documents in tls as self service.
Nysc certificate falls under which category, TB test and checklist....is it right to put them under category of "others"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:33am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

Can you do a bit of research on this

Here's a link to check and calculate it
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

And then use Oanda conversion to check the naira value
https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/en/?from=GBP&to=GBP&amount=1

Once done please let us know and we can double check your figures

Unless someone already did so and can provide an answer for you

I prefer if you attempt it yourself. You can always defend your figures without needing to refer to a Nairalander answer

Cheers

danzolla32:
Pls @ duchess no attend to my question since yesterday; Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 5:53pm On Jun 14
Please expert, how much do I need to show in my spouse POF account with a child who want to come over? Please ๐Ÿ™
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Yes that will be lump sum plus it doesn't meet the criteria of having the required funds for minimum 28days, it will mean the required funds were only met in a day.

Your POF maturing doesn't mean you have to submit your application same day

Wait and sort out the difference, pay an extra fee deposit and request an updated CAS

Or pay for your accommodation and provide the evidence of that plus cover letter to explain the difference

A 4days to 1week wait is better than a refusal

Cheers
Oh thank you. This is clear.
Is another option sending an additional account statement just as a buffer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2023
TARAANDPETS:

Your new passport has the old and the new passport number. Please check it out. Mine was like that and they said it nothing to worry about. But I uploaded both old and new on TLS portal. I took both for my biometric, but they only collected the new one. I am waiting for passport delivery tomorrow from TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Heavenshaker: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello Gurus in the house, is there anyone going to Cranfield University or University of York this September 2023? Has anyone gotten the admission offer and is there any group for it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yhtsm(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2023
In what scenario would someone need to upload this reference/employment/confirmation/promotion letter? I'm asking to learn. Thanks.

duchess90:
Hello

There's no section for that in your visa application.

With companies you only need to submit your reference/employment/confirmation/promotion letter if you need to show evidence of study gap

Keep it simple and straightforward

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2023
atesun:

Please note. Oanda does not use the bank rate used by Nigerian banks or CBN.

The rates on Oanda are determined on the international level.

There is no need to panic. Oanda rate might go up slightly but not as much as people expect.

If you are worried about your POF, simply pay some of your tuition fees to your school and that will reduce your POF. I hope this helps.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.