Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1009453 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 4:27am On Jun 16, 2023
Please has anyone ever used Access bank for Proof of fund, how reliable are they?
Urgent answer needed, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Charlihee: 4:28am On Jun 16, 2023
TunmiseAJ:
Use 4milion.

what’s the effect of the new CBN policy for local banks to sell dollars at their own price on FORM A and Proof of fund ? won’t the exchange rate affect someone proof of fund already in d bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Joyjames008: 5:04am On Jun 16, 2023
Your dependants can switch to a skilled worker visa, there is no problem with that. You can switch to a dependant visa while still on students visa but make sure you finish studies so you won't have problem with UK government.becos of the recent ban of 10years, but the good thing is that you can use that dependant visa to be working full time. While still on students visa but try to complete your studies. (quote author=Lordjones post=123825679]Hello house,
Please can a dependent of a student in the uk switch to a skilled work visa even when the student has not yet completed his studies?

Also can the student also switch to be a dependent of a skilled work visa holder before studies completion? Thanks.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Graphics2021(m): 5:57am On Jun 16, 2023
Alhamdulilah

VISA APPROVED

Bio -- 7th of June
Collection mail - 14th of June
Passport delivery -- 15th of June

No Study gap just normal document uploaded

CAS
DEGREE certificate
NYSC
TB
Waec

Thanks to everyone on here. I read a lot and gain so much

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Graphics2021(m): 5:58am On Jun 16, 2023
Please any good idea on how to book affordable flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:08am On Jun 16, 2023
Hello

What recent ban of 10years?

Cheers
Joyjames008:
Your dependants can switch to a skilled worker visa, there is no problem with that. You can switch to a dependant visa while still on students visa but make sure you finish studies so you won't have problem with UK government.becos of the recent ban of 10years, but the good thing is that you can use that dependant visa to be working full time. While still on students visa but try to complete your studies. (quote author=Lordjones post=123825679]Hello house,
Please can a dependent of a student in the uk switch to a skilled work visa even when the student has not yet completed his studies?

Also can the student also switch to be a dependent of a skilled work visa holder before studies completion? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MatrixReloaded: 6:49am On Jun 16, 2023
Charlihee:
what’s the effect of the new CBN policy for local banks to sell dollars at their own price on FORM A and Proof of fund ?
It's just like haggling in the black market with local vendors. You can negotiate with branch managers for a square price thou using form A telex transfer all depends on the issuing bank criteria. Proof of fund I believe is the total sum for your studies which shows a student ability to fund his/her studies without seeking public fund, rules 28 days and must be available whilst applicants documents undergo scrutiny at the discretion of the ECO..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MatrixReloaded: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2023
heykims:
Please has anyone ever used Access bank for Proof of fund, how reliable are they?
Urgent answer needed, thank you.
It's a financial Institution and thus reliable when been called upon for verification, even if there numbers are unreachable the embassy have these contacts at the tips of there fingers. MFB are the most likely ones to default the verification process, you are good to go..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by boss1401: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2023
Good morning everyone, please i want a clarification on how ukvi calculate pof. Is it the rate on the date application is been decided or the rate on the date you uploaded and submitted all documents. Cos different ppl have been saying different things on that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 7:44am On Jun 16, 2023
boss1401:
Good morning everyone, please i want a clarification on how ukvi calculate pof. Is it the rate on the date application is been decided or the rate on the date you uploaded and submitted all documents. Cos different ppl have been saying different things on that.

Rate for the date you submitted your application is used for your application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tunneller: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2023
Charlihee:
what’s the effect of the new CBN policy for local banks to sell dollars at their own price on FORM A and Proof of fund ? won’t the exchange rate affect someone proof of fund already in d bank?

See Polaris update on Form A.

For Proof of Funds, monitor rates using oanda website. See rate as at this morning. 🥲

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solumtoya: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2023
SPDAZZY:

Rate for the date you submitted your application is used for your application.

Are you sure about this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Codedlifa: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2023
Please can anyone help me with admission deferment letter sample. Please urgently
You can kindly help me send it to this email
Khalgimba@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

Are you sure about this??

That has been the norm to the best of my knowledge. Do you know if that has changed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solumtoya: 8:31am On Jun 16, 2023
SPDAZZY:

That has been the norm to the best of my knowledge. Do you know if that has changed?

I hope it's true.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2023
Cashmadam:

Please note. Oanda does not use the bank rate used by Nigerian banks or CBN.

The rates on Oanda are determined on the international level.

There is no need to panic. Oanda rate might go up slightly but not as much as people expect.

If you are worried about your POF, simply pay some of your tuition fees to your school and that will reduce your POF. I hope this helps.

damn, it has fallen to 625.9 that reduction alone is additional plenty millions and it will keep falling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solumtoya: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2023
Superex:
damn, it has increased to 625.9 that increase alone is additional plenty millions.

I think it might hit N800 next week. The best bet is to pay more school fees. Some people might have to find a way to pay 100% instead of resetting the POF if it has started counting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adigun055(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2023
Good morning guys. Pls I'm stuck at this "Where will you be staying in the UK", i don't have any relative and no accomodations yet, i will be selecting NO. What should be my accomodations plan?

Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rittyben(f): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2023
Shaffy001:
Please to all gurus in the house.

Please Is it a must you pay for the courier service on tls site as the site for payment declined my payment anytime I input all details on my bank card.

Is it possible I apply for the courier service and paid in-person on the day of biometric
You can pay in person on your Bio day. Just go with your ATM card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2023
You can pay for that on the day of biometric. Its slightly higher with 5k.
Shaffy001:
Please to all gurus in the house.

Please Is it a must you pay for the courier service on tls site as the site for payment declined my payment anytime I input all details on my bank card.

Is it possible I apply for the courier service and paid in-person on the day of biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2023
Both the school address.
Adigun055:
Good morning guys. Pls I'm stuck at this "Where will you be staying in the UK", i don't have any relative and no accomodations yet, i will be selecting NO. What should be my accomodations plan?

Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2023
Visa Alert
September intake 2023
Visa application 5th of June.
Biometric 8th of June.
Application moved to DMC 8th of June.
Application recieved by DMC 8th of June.
Application moved to VAC 14th of June.
Application recieved by VAC 14th of June
PASSPORT pick message 14th of June.
PASSPORT recieved by me... Still with DHL
BRP Mail: 16th of June.

Documents submitted by MA

Offer letter
BSc
Waec
Job appointment letter
National ID
Passport
Tb certificate
Document checklist.
Marriage certificate
Academic Transcript
Bank statement.

Dependant

CONSENT letter to use MA POF
Marriage certificate
Tb certificate
Bank Statement
Family Photos 40pcs
Family health insurance
Company Registration
Visa application form
Phone call log for 6months.
International Passport
Rent agreement

I used Uba prepaid card for Visa and insurance payment.

Thanks to all the gurus in the house. I can't begin to mention names. God bless you all.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 9:01am On Jun 16, 2023
Qatar airways...check their website to see affordable rates and dates
Graphics2021:
Please any good idea on how to book affordable flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jeanos: 9:02am On Jun 16, 2023
please when ukvi is calculating the pof which day used is it the day you pay for ihs and visa fee or the day they are assessing the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 9:05am On Jun 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

I hope it's true.

That's what I used in my case to calculate and I remember asking same question here and that was the response I got.

Also, see attached

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2023
Always add extra 500k to 1m to your POF.
Jeanos:
please when ukvi is calculating the pof which day used is it the day you pay for ihs and visa fee or the day they are assessing the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solumtoya: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2023
SPDAZZY:

That's what I used in my case to calculate and I remember asking same question here and that was the response I got.

Also, see attached

Yeah, for minor fluctuations, they won't mind. With bigger fluctuations, the Officer might have concerns that the Applicant won't be able to sustain himself/herself in the UK when the funds are converted to GBP since they would be grossly insufficient.

Let's hope for the best though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

I think it might hit N800 next week. The best bet is to pay more school fees. Some people might have to find a way to pay 100% instead of resetting the POF if it has started counting.

If I do that does it make the CAS I'm already using to fill in my visa details invalid?? Do I need to get another CAS. Do I redo the application? How would the ECO know about the updated payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Joyjames008: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2023
How much do we now use to calculate POF now so to be on a safer side. This fluctuations is giving High BP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2023
Will this increase in Oanda rate affect people that have already applied for their visa( Paid IHS and Visa fee) last week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2023
They mind minor fluctuation. Someone was denied visa because of 30 pounds.
Solumtoya:

Yeah, for minor fluctuations, they won't mind. With bigger fluctuations, the Officer might have concerns that the Applicant won't be able to sustain himself/herself in the UK when the funds are converted to GBP since they would be grossly insufficient.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

You are right, that's why it's been advised to always add additional buffer funds. And this new rate increase might be challenging.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.