Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1004870 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello

Hearsays do not help at all

The ECO will refer to the Oanda rate on your application date which is the day you paid your visa and IHS

If you are unsure of what day it was log back to your application using your sign on details and download a copy of your visa application form. You should be able to see the date of application, you can then compare that with the rate on Oanda that day

Ignore some people,focus on your biometrics

Cheers
myhero:
@dduchess90 and other gurus in the house, greetings.. Please I am as confused as confusion as I write this.. I paid for my IHS and VISA fee last week Wednesday before this OANDA RATE INCREASE but I didn't upload my statement of account (POF). My biometrics appointment is on Monday 26th. As at the day I paid my IHS and VISA fee, the money in my account was enough for my POF .. My confusion now is that some people keeps saying that as long as biometrics has not been done, that the rise in OANDA will affect me while others say it's the rate at d day I paid my VISA fee that I should be judging with.. Please can someone enlighten me because I don't know which to believe again

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello

What you posted here has nothing to do with study visa and Oanda rates applied

Please don't give incorrect information on this thread.

Cheers
kronos1:

For those worried about POF and exchange rate. UKVI will be using 590 from 1st to 30th of June.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1160160/consular-exchange-rates-June-2023.csv/preview

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello

Combining statements are easier when it is the same person that owns both accounts

It starts to get tricky when combined accounts that belongs to different people are used even though they are spouses and parents

Whilst It is possible to do so,make it clear what bank statement covers what for the ECO to track. The consent letter should state what the dependant is covering/sponsoring and to an extent why ( Oanda exchange is not a reason) including reiterating that the MA has access to the funds and vice versa.

You may exclude the why but don't be surprised if the ECO requests the additional information later or maybe will not be bothered

In summary Yes you can

Hope this helps

Cheers
ericadianas:
Hi Everyone,

Please the MA is currently running POF (Started June 15) but with this new floating naira update, the funds may not even be enough for him.

I as the dependent will start my POF on Monday.

My Question is, say MA has 16Million in his account and that doesn't cover him eventually, can he also upload the dependent’s bank statement that covers his remaining balance? Ofcourse, Dependant will write the appropriate consent letter.

Your response means a lot.

Thanks.

CC @duchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adesbaba: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
@’duchess and all,please ....I want to seek for little clarification.

1)Can one book TB appointment with an expired passport,say expired in March as the person will be getting renewed passport around July 18?

2) for someone whose passport will be out say August 5 ,can the person still book TB test after that August 5 to travel as dependent with M.A for September intake.

3).Let's say M.A applies for visa 20th august with POF for both of them,,
Can the dependent apply say a week after,like 28th Aug, with same POF bank statement or will it be seen as fund recycling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello

It's been that kind of Monday

Apologies,I have responded

Cheers
ericadianas:
Hi @duchess90, I understand how busy you are and i'm really grateful for your help so far.

Please kindly help respond to the question below.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

The ECO will refer to the Oanda rate on your application date which is the day you paid your visa and IHS

If you are unsure of what day it was log back to your application using your sign on details and download a copy of your visa application form. You should be able to see the date of application, you can then compare that with the rate on Oanda that day

Cheers

Thanks so much. I appreciate..
Can I pls have your number if u don't mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Cheers

Another question
I have one dependant and his IHS was paid 2 days ago but his visa fee is not yet paid. I stated in the application that he will be going with me. With this OANDA rate increase, I have added more money to my pof because that's d same account my dependant will use for his pof. Since my dependants visa fee has not been paid, I feel he will have to wait for another 28 days for the newly money I added because of OANDA increase to mature before he will go for his own biometrics.. Since I have already indicated that I will be traveling with him, is it allowed for me as the MA to do my biometrics since the OANDA rate as at when I paid my own visa and ihs fee was good and my dependant to wait more 28 to 29 days for the new additional money to mature
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RisingGiant: 12:38am On Jun 20, 2023
Guys, I have a question.

An acquaintance (about 22 years of age) wants to study in Uk. She’s spoken to some agent and they advise that she keeps whatever POF in her own account. But I’m thinking, would the VO not question that kid’s source of funds? She’s got no work experience. Would it be better to use her sponsor’s (dad’s sister) bank statement instead?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pet2017: 1:38am On Jun 20, 2023
jorez:
University of Aberdeen does not require deposit before CAS got my CAS without any deposits just you have to make payment before enrollment deadline

Good day Jorez, please can you email me via petra4real2009@yahoo.com or can I get your email. I have applied to the supposed university. I just want to know the process of settling down over there. Please u can send me your watsapps number via my email. It's urgent please. We need to brainstorm together. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by geli12: 4:16am On Jun 20, 2023
Good day all,
Pls help on how to calculate pof for 2 years course. Should I calculate it for only the first year tuition or both years plus maintenence?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 4:56am On Jun 20, 2023
Living expenses is 9months, tuition is balance after paying deposit. Have you received your CAS? if you have check the quoted amount..if not calculate the 2year tuition
geli12:
Good day all,
Pls help on how to calculate pof for 2 years course. Should I calculate it for only the first year tuition or both years plus maintenence?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 5:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Having the money in her account does not entirely say she worked for it. It could also mean that she has direct access to it, being in an account that bears her name. But if the 1st issue worry you that much, it's safe to have the money in parent's account with consent letter and proof of relationship 😶
RisingGiant:
Guys, I have a question.

An acquaintance (about 22 years of age) wants to study in Uk. She’s spoken to some agent and they advise that she keeps whatever POF in her own account. But I’m thinking, would the VO not question that kid’s source of funds? She’s got no work experience. Would it be better to use her sponsor’s (dad’s sister) bank statement instead?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattle: 5:38am On Jun 20, 2023
Wakando:

duchess90
My tuition fee comes to a total of 21,050 pounds, and I have already paid 8,000 pounds, , I have 24m in my POF account + 6,400 USD,I'm going with 2 dependant, please am i good to go?

Yes. You still currently have a buffer of $2k+
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adesbaba: 5:57am On Jun 20, 2023
adesbaba:
@’duchess and all,please ....I want to seek for little clarification.

1)Can one book TB appointment with an expired passport,say expired in March as the person will be getting renewed passport around July 18?

2) for someone whose passport will be out say August 5 ,can the person still book TB test after that August 5 to travel as dependent with M.A for September intake.

3).Let's say M.A applies for visa 20th august with POF for both of them,,
Can the dependent apply say a week after,like 28th Aug, with same POF bank statement or will it be seen as fund recycling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omoboyeo(m): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning Guru in the house ,
When should I summit my visa application after I print my proof of funds ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ericadianas(f): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2023
Thanks a lot!

duchess90:
Hello

Combining statements are easier when it is the same person that owns both accounts

It starts to get tricky when combined accounts that belongs to different people are used even though they are spouses and parents

Whilst It is possible to do so,make it clear what bank statement covers what for the ECO to track. The consent letter should state what the dependant is covering/sponsoring and to an extent why ( Oanda exchange is not a reason) including reiterating that the MA has access to the funds and vice versa.

You may exclude the why but don't be surprised if the ECO requests the additional information later or maybe will not be bothered

In summary Yes you can

Hope this helps

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello

Yes you can do your biometrics alone

Cheers
myhero:

Another question
I have one dependant and his IHS was paid 2 days ago but his visa fee is not yet paid. I stated in the application that he will be going with me. With this OANDA rate increase, I have added more money to my pof because that's d same account my dependant will use for his pof. Since my dependants visa fee has not been paid, I feel he will have to wait for another 28 days for the newly money I added because of OANDA increase to mature before he will go for his own biometrics.. Since I have already indicated that I will be traveling with him, is it allowed for me as the MA to do my biometrics since the OANDA rate as at when I paid my own visa and ihs fee was good and my dependant to wait more 28 to 29 days for the new additional money to mature
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello

You can submit it when all your documents are ready and your POF shows minimum 28days in your account

Remember your POF is for your study in the UK

Cheers
Omoboyeo:
Good morning Guru in the house ,
When should I summit my visa application after I print my proof of funds ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:35am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello

It should be (1year tuition + maintenances cost for 9months) - any tuition deposit you have already made.

Keep an eye on Oanda rates

Cheers
geli12:
Good day all,
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 6:42am On Jun 20, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Yes you can do your biometrics alone

Cheers

OK. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by geli12: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2023
headofschool:
Living expenses is 9months, tuition is balance after paying deposit. Have you received your CAS? if you have check the quoted amount..if not calculate the 2year tuition

I have not received Cas, I am required to do pof before collecting Cas but in the mail sent to me, I am required to pay a deposit of 3k, then 6k at registration and 4+ at a later date but the 2nd year tuition not quoted,i am looking doing pof for d sch and embassy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greathand01: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Please any idea of the current form A debit rate.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Lordkinny03: 7:37am On Jun 20, 2023
myhero:
@dduchess90 and other gurus in the house, greetings.. Please I am as confused as confusion as I write this.. I paid for my IHS and VISA fee last week Wednesday before this OANDA RATE INCREASE but I didn't upload my statement of account (POF). My biometrics appointment is on Monday 26th. As at the day I paid my IHS and VISA fee, the money in my account was enough for my POF .. My confusion now is that some people keeps saying that as long as biometrics has not been done, that the rise in OANDA will affect me while others say it's the rate at d day I paid my VISA fee that I should be judging with.. Please can someone enlighten me because I don't know which to believe again

The rate on the day you paid and submitted your application will be used. It’s also important that your pof is mature before that day. To be extra safe, please screenshot the OANDA rate for that day, convert it to pdf and attach it to your pof when you submit

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2023
@duchess90 has responded. Follow that
geli12:

I have not received Cas, I am required to do pof before collecting Cas but in the mail sent to me, I am required to pay a deposit of 3k, then 6k at registration and 4+ at a later date but the 2nd year tuition not quoted,i am looking doing pof for d sch and embassy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by askarachi: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2023
Didn’t take me up to two weeks tbh but I applied since last year. There’s no WhatsApp/telegram group but we can start one. I’ll create one and you can join up while we get others. Please send your phone number/email
Joyjames008:
Pls house how long does it take to get unconditional offer after submitting all your documents and paying for the initial deposit?

Anyone going to University of westminster
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by askarachi: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2023
Bro I sent you an email and you haven’t replied till today. Please send your phone number 🙏🏼
FagsamPHP:
You're to upload your POF to get CAS, a friend of mine is waiting for her POF to mature in other to get hers.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adigun055(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning guys.
I cancelled my previous application because it was indicated in the MA application that I will depend on her, Hence, I used the same account but did not apply together as the money will not be enough for both of us anymore. Now I want to apply again for MA alone using a separate POF. Kindly advise on what to select in these areas.

MA APPLICATION
*Will they be travelling with you to the UK? (We plan to travel together tho).
*Does anyone rely on you for financial support?

DEPENDANT APPLICATION
What should I as a dependant select in these areas?
* Will you be travelling together?

If MA applies today and I start my POF today, will she need to have her funds in her account as of when I apply?
Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello I hope you don't mind. I will contact you aswell. I applied to same school.

pet2017:

Good day Jorez, please can you email me via petra4real2009@yahoo.com or can I get your email. I have applied to the supposed university. I just want to know the process of settling down over there. Please u can send me your watsapps number via my email. It's urgent please. We need to brainstorm together. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Alex1975: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2023
US$ today in IE market is 770
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Papuzzy: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning everyone...Please about my marriage evidence..I’ve done my traditional wedding which I have series of pictures of it but I’ve not done my court wedding which I’m planning to do on Thursday...But my question is hope it won’t cause any problem doing a court wedding and apply for my visa the next day...My relationship is genuine as I’ve been with my wife since 2020..We have over 1000 pictures today in the same attire and with families...I’ll appreciate every suggestions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Joyjames008: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2023
Have they given you CAS?
askarachi:
Didn’t take me up to two weeks tbh but I applied since last year. There’s no WhatsApp/telegram group but we can start one. I’ll create one and you can join up while we get others. Please send your phone number/email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ikelords(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2023
My brother's wife is two year older than him. Will that raise eye brow when they want to apply for visa to the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.