Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (976) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1002737 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bebiee(f): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
olaoye15:
Guys. If you are coming to Teesside University in September and you like yourselves, do not live in that shitty town called Middlesbrough. I repeat, do not live in There. The town Don cast. In Middlesbrough, it now takes an average of 6 months for dependant to secure a job, let alone of student.

The town is an apt definition of demand pass supply. No job at all. I suggest you live in neighbouring towns like Thornaby, Billingham, Hartlepool and Stockton. I strongly advise Hartlepool as it seems less populated and has a huge number of care homes which is the major employer of students in the UK.

It also have an industrial estate which has thr history employing student. Listen to this an thank me later.

If you need accommodation in Hartlepool you can get in touch with me.

Hello I’d like to chat with you concerning accommodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by moshopsy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please guys I have a question about Pre-masters, just to take my mind off this naira float issue...

Do they give straight 2 years Visa for pre-masters and my masters programme, or I would have to apply for another visa after I am done with Pre-masters.

And is there any group for Bournemouth University? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ben6ene: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please I need help, when registering for TB test for a family, is it settlement and dependent I will choose for Visa type or others?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
mimilyrics:
You'll be able to continue your studies if you want. You'd need to provide your updated BRP to your school.

Thank you so much.

Much contributions are still needed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ben6ene: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Can someone please explain the difference between settlement and non settlement applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by phemmyjohnson: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Okay Nigeria is becoming something else . This current oanda rate is £1014 today . Now I have decided to start my POF counting again to get CAS ! At least has someone projected what rate will be pounds before the 28 days concludes . So I don’t get another shortage of funds in my POF for CAS within that 28 days period .. let’s say I’m starting today with rate £1014 ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Graphics2021(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hi Duchess and others in the house

I have gotten my passport back with visa Approved for the past one week and few days now but i don’t get a BRP mail yet
Checked all spam mail, promotion and important mail.

What can i do ? Is there anything wrong not getting BRP mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please I need to know the Oanda exchange rate for today 23rd June
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by governorudeh: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
mimilyrics:
No, it's not.
You can print after submission as long as the 28-day period that you rely on ended within 30 days of your application or the 28-days immediately preceding date of your application.

Thank you @mimilyrics

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Agame4091: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Greetings all,

Info needed please. can someone who already has a CAS withdraw his admission and apply as a dependent with a spouse. The reason for withdrawal is due to rapid change in forex, which in turn increased the education budget by about 100%.

Main worries here is switching suddenly from an applicant with CAS to becoming a dependent. How possible is this move?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jajad: 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Engrphisayo:

Congratulations! I noticed Abuja TLS is faster than Ikeja/VI. Which do you recommend for faster processing?
I’m not sure how long it takes in Lagos, but Abuja does seem to be pretty quick based on recent reports here. I would recommend you use the office closest to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by biosamak: 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
dotedote:
Please I need to know the Oanda exchange rate for today 23rd June

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
How much is Uk student visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OkaliDan: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please I did my biometrics since Tuesday and am still at DMC stage some persons suggested that verification of some banks takes time I used gt bank how true is that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Those of you who supported Tinubu and are crying now because of the high exchange rate. Ogun go k!ll una and all your family members
Amen!

Pounds is currently 1,016 and a CBN staff told me it’s hitting 1,200 by next week

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Graphics2021:
Hi Duchess and others in the house

I have gotten my passport back with visa Approved for the past one week and few days now but i don’t get a BRP mail yet
Checked all spam mail, promotion and important mail.

What can i do ? Is there anything wrong not getting BRP mail

I don't know the importance of the BRP mail. I never got any till date and I picked up my BRP when I came to the UK.

As long as you have your visa, I don't see any cause for alarm. When you get here, you pick up your BRP at your selected point of collection.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LiftedMan: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Solumtoya:

I think this should be checked the other way round which is slightly higher.

If it stays between 1016 and 1050 naira to the pound by monday, one can forecast better for the next 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BNLHealthcare(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Pls @justwise and Dutchess, your advice is needed. What are the official documents and how do my sister go about this.

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Please provide the following documents:

Official, verifiable documents to demonstrate what you have been doing since your graduation in 2015.

This should be in English or a certified translation and for example be in the form of: Payslips / employment letters with contact details on them / bank statements with regular salary being deposited / employment contracts / further education certificates and should not just be a CV.

Your documents do not need to cover the entirety of the period referred to, but should be reflective of what you have done during this time. The decision maker will use this information to consider whether you meet the genuine student requirement of the Immigration Rules. If we have further questions, we may ask you to attend an interview, if you do not have any official documents, please provide a brief summary of why.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AlayeKondogbia: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
I saw this forecast online. Fingers crossed.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ikeja is fast too. I got decision within two days and it was standard service. No rule to speed.
Engrphisayo:

Congratulations! I noticed Abuja TLS is faster than Ikeja/VI. Which do you recommend for faster processing?

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Engrphisayo: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Ikeja is fast too. I got decision within two days and it was standard service. No rule to speed.

Wow! This is nice. Ikeja is closer to me. My office is even on same street as TLS Ikeja. I'll choose the place and hope for faster decision

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
duchess90:

Hello

This isn't allowed here

@Justwise please help ban

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LiftedMan: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
At the this rate, blackmarket is cheaper than the official rate. What kind of country is this.

NAIRA/POUNDS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jajad: 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
LiftedMan:
At the this rate, blackmarket is cheaper than the official rate. What kind of country is this.

NAIRA/POUNDS
If it is, then the best bet is to actually buy pounds - that way you won't be affected by the exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Biola67: 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
jajad:

If it is, then the best bet is to actually buy pounds - that way you won't be affected by the exchange rate.
15k pounds tuition is automatically 15m naira. Wahala for Uk people 😅
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
myhero:

Thanks for this piece of information / advice.. How is jobs opportunities in Sunderland?

Apparently, the whole of North East is messed up. Sunderland is not an exception.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
bebiee:

Hello I’d like to chat with you concerning accommodation

You can request to e mail me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Izzyagain: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Goodevening house , with the oanda rate going higher and higher and my 28days POF will mature next week.

Please can I support investment bank slip together with my POF?

Very urgent please .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Larry1960: 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Biola67:

15k pounds tuition is automatically 15m naira. Wahala for Uk people 😅

If you add 10,000pounds for upkeep to that tuition fee one would need about #28Million to go to uk it's even higher because 15k pounds is one of the lowest tuition fees one can get in UK. Before before for Naija if you have #28Million naira in Nigeria you be big boy but as it stands now this policy our money no get value again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.